Slavic language study

I'm planning on learning a Slavic language and am not sure which to choose. Already speak English, Japanese, Spanish and some German. Russian is my top choice because it is widely spoken but Russia itself is a dump and I have no desire to go there. At the same time Russian literature is fascinating. Also considering Polish, Czech, and Serbian/Croatian but open to any suggestions. Czech countryside and forests are beautiful and I've heard great things about Poland as well. What do you Slavs recommend? Which one has the highest degree of mutual intelligibility or at least makes learning others the easiest? Should I start with Russian and go from there? Input greatly appreciated.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AfKZclMWS1U
youtube.com/watch?v=72kZw26IQa0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

your mom

>Polish
Don't even bother. It is one of the hardest languages to learn.

Well memed. Notice I posted nothing about Macedonian, mainly because I consider you a breakaway Greek Republic.

You should learn Polish or Czech if you're polandboo or czechboo. If you're not, or not sure, learn Russian. It's most developed Slavic language, great literature, etc.

I'd suggest bulgarian beacuse it sounds better than other slavic languages in my opinion, but it's useless outside of bulgaria (as are all slav languages outside their cunt besides russian)

>Should I start with Russian
You should learn Russian.
Russian women love small Asian penises.

Difficulty does not concern me, rather utility does.

This. If you cannot pronounce simple polish name like Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, your study of Polish become hell.

Russian language is not slavic, Grzegorzs. Off yourself already.

>Russian women love small Asian penises.

Even other Slavs have difficulties with our pronounciation.

Russian penises are quite small too, actually.
He could get a small Russian boyfriend.

Virtually no Japan flags are actually Japanese. They have their own chan
This is what I am leaning towards, just wanted some opinions of native speakers so thank you. Wouldn't quite say I'm a czechboo but the country seems ideal to me although only visited it once and for a few days. No offense but I have yet to meet a Russian who had anything good to say about Russia and the majority of them flat out told me not to go there. The literature is great from what I've read in translations and I've also heard it's widely spoken throughout Central Asia and Eastern Europe.

>meme pic
Fuck off already, mutt.

>anything good to say about Russia
Well, I love my country, the government is not perfect, but the country itself is good, great history, great architecture, achievements, many beautiful places to visit etc. (we even have tigers, lol)
>it's widely spoken throughout Central Asia and Eastern Europe
Yes, Russian is lingua franca in all post-ussr countries, even in baltic states and Ukraine, despite of them denying the fact.

Did your mom took measurement? Did she use her mouth, ass, or vagina to take it?

It's probably the central asians that dropped down the average.

I bet Slavic Russians are packed with monsters between their thick hairy thighs.

How do you find mutual intelligibility with other languages? Heard that Belorussian and Ukrainian are to Russian like Spanish and Portuguese, do you find that to be true? How about Western Slavic and Balkan languages, similarities? vast differences?

Don't waste your time on language only spoken by filtht slavshit scum.
You don't need to speak it to put your penis in slavic women, just offer her like 10 dollars and she'll gladly take it in the ass and even lick your cum off the floor.

>Heard that Belorussian and Ukrainian
Don't even bother. Every speaker of Belorussian and Ukrainian also speaking Russian.
>Western Slavic and Balkan languages
Well, I can understand Czech and Polish to some degree, despite I never took classes of them. Balkan languages even more understandable, Macedonian and Bulgarian especially.

t. butthurted minority

I think that every language which use cyrillic alphabet is quite similar so Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian, Serbian, Macedonian and Bulgarian.

>people are still replying to this retarded pole

Thanks again for input and replies. Seems you're the only one who took the question seriously. Don't usually go on Sup Forums but seems to be a typical Sup Forums board - thread devolved into dick length quickly.
Big 3 I'm looking at are Russian, Czech and Polish. I know Czech and Polish have a great degree of intelligibility so learning one would facilitate the other. On the other hand Russian is so widely spoken that as you said it is the lingua franca in a couple dozen countries. Will probably start with Russian and transition to another once I have a sufficient command of it.

>Difficulty does not concern me, rather utility does.
Well you can't beat Russian language then. I bet there are more russian speakers then ukraninan/bulgarian/serbs/poles speakers combined. Same applies to cultural heritage. There are way more books in Russian. And russian is extremely close to Japan, you can visit Vladivostok, it's bretty good there at autumn. You can visit us this summer with other japs who come here to RDS (russian drift series) events

Oн нe япoнeц, тyпaя ты идиoтинa

>Well, I can understand Czech and Polish to some degree, despite I never took classes of them. Balkan languages even more understandable, Macedonian and Bulgarian especially.
I can understand Ukrainian with ease, Bulgarian to some degree, no idea on Macedonian. Polish makes me struggle, I can understand like 20-30% at max.

пчeмy

Этo пoляк c пpoкceй. Пepвый дeнь тyт чтo ли?

Чeм oн ceбя cдaл?

Bидaть и пpaвдa пepвый. Пpo-тип: кaк видишь япoнcкий флaг c пocтoм пpo Poccию или Пoльшy - нe кopми eгo.

oкaй

He's right that I'm not Japanese, they have their own chan and hardly ever post here. As to not feeding me not sure but then again don't really understand Russian yet. My OP is a serious question and I have tried to be serious in all my replies

¿De dónde eres?

Grzegorzs, you need help. Or suicide.

Burgerland.

I kind of like Slovenian desu. Why don't other Slavic languages sound like Slovenian? Such a waste.

Чтo тaкoгo тpaльнoгo в eгo пocтaх? Booбщe нeяcнo.

> Why don't other Slavic languages sound like Slovenian
>thinking slovenian is slavic and not german
t. hrvat

because slovenia is a useless fucking country with no culture ot identity

Polandboo here. I have been learning Polish online for quite some time now and after almost a year I am able to hold long conversations on several different topics. Poles constantly compliment me on my knowledge of Polish. I still make lots of mistakes, but it is possible to understand what I say.

Slovak is very easy, but rather useless. Czech is harder than Slovak, and it sounds ugly. Russian is your best choice.

>Poles constantly compliment me on my knowledge of Polish.

If you ever visit us and try to speak Polish people will treat you like a king.

To juz sie stalo. Bylem w Twoim kraju 11 razy :) Bardzo mnie sie spodobalo byc w Polsce.

>Bylem w Twoim kraju 11 razy :)
Wow!

Super, powodzenia z nauką. Polski to bardzo trudny język. Ludzie tutaj doceniają jak ktos z zagranicy mowi w naszym języku :)

Generalnie i lubie i wole wyzwania. Dlatego chcialem sie uczyc polskiego. W przeszlosci umilem troche po slowacku wiec mozna dlatego jest troche latwiej rozumiec logike polskiego jezyka.

Tesknie za Polska. Mam nadzieje, ze w tym roku sie przeprowadze tam. Juz dostalem kilka ofert pracy...

russian is the most relevant
>Russia itself is a dump
just visit well-developed parts of russia such as moscow or st. petersburg

fuck off gook

>Russian
If you want it for the literature, go for it. I would recommend against it if you want it for business purposes because Russian businessmen are not trustworthy.

>Poland
There's a good bit of pretty neat literature and poetry in Polish as well. I would recommend against it if you want it for business purposes because Polish businessmen are not trustworthy.

>Czech
Unless you have emotional reasons for this, like a gf, don't bother. Our most renowned authors don't even write in czech anyway. Additionally I would recommend against it if you want it for business purposes because Czech businessmen are not trustworthy.

Just go for Russian. It can't be harder than the others and you'll find it much more useful.

>Tesknie za Polska. Mam nadzieje, ze w tym roku sie przeprowadze tam. Juz dostalem kilka ofert pracy...

Ekstra, powodzenia! Można wiedzieć do jakiego miasta?

Biggest problem with learning a slavic language is that you're going to use it to interact with slavs.

Byloby fantastyczne gdybym mogl pracowac w Lublinie lub w Gdansku. Gdansk jest bez watpienia moim ulubionem miastem w Polsce. Ironyczne tylko, ze dostaje czesto oferte pracy z Warszawy...a tam nie chce mieszkac.

See, with Russian you actually have the option to use it to communicate with other peoples.
Russia has plenty of non-Slavic minorities and everyone in the Baltics who grew up in the USSR also speaks it.

> Czechs
> Slavs

Yes, old people who had it as mandatory second language. Only part of them will actually enjoy using it to communicate. And a lot of sinister characters with tin teeth you should steer right clear off.

t. Ček

I would like to learn russian but I am afraid it would be a pain in the ass to learn a new cursive system.
Reading cyrillic is not such a big deal when you're used to it, but writing it takes it to another level.
How important is that when learning russian?

Is Russian widely Spoken in CR as well? Because what you described is exactly the situation here.
Also, I always got the impression that adults enjoy speaking Russian to each other. Especially around kids. And unless they're speaking to an actual Russian.

>I would like to learn russian
kys

>to learn a new cursive system
It's pretty simple, IIRC a lot of the cursive is the same as latin. When I was learning Russian in school, I'd have to switch in and out of "Cyrillic mode" and even tarted mixing up my lower case "u"s and "y"s.

>How important is that when learning russian?

Dude, it's like asking if you can learn Hebrew without learning that (((Alphabet))) of theirs. That's literally the first thing you do before learning a language, Pierre Al-Mohammed.

W Lublinie słabo płacą i raczej nie przeprowadzałbym się tam. Gdańsk to bardzo fajne miasto, jedno z lepszych w Polsce. Ja sam mieszkam w Warszawie, tutaj poziom życia jest najwyższy ze wszystkich miast w Polsce. Da się pokochać to miasto, ale to trudna miłosc :)

They speak bulgarian though, while living on stolen greek clay.

Is it true sex in public in the Czech Republic is legal?

Duzo polakow mnie powiedzial, ze zyc w Lublinie jest bardziej drogo niz w innych miastach.

No its not, I can read 70% of cyrillic but can only write maybe 3%

Butthurt Lithuanian cuck spotted.

Important, but idk what you're afraiding of. Writing system is very close to latin one, so you've got just learn a few new letters. Come on, it's not japanese script.

Read the post I'm replying to.
I thin that pic fit it pretty well, with how Czechanon states that all eastern European businessmen are untrustworthy.

>Japanese, Spanish

at a shitty level, likely.
>b-but muh n1 :(

Lublin to miasto na wschodzie, a tam jest trudniej o prace i dobre zarobki. Ja polecam Wrocław, Gdańsk, Poznań, Warszawa.

> Czechanon believes there are businessmen who are trustworthy

Dziekuje za polecania. Lublin jest przepiekne ale gdy sytuacja dla pracownikow jest taka, to byloby bez sensu szukac dalej tam.

Theres no point in learning Russian now unless you want to speak with Russians, the older generations will die out who speak it fluently.

Learning Russian will take you a few years, it will take more for the older generation to die out.
No matter how you look at it, more people around the world speak Russian than they do Polish or Czech.

OK thanks.

>sounds better than other slavic languages in my opinion

I thought Polish was the nicest soundest slav language.

Hahaha, nice one.
No offense to Poles.

Polish and Slovak are the nicest sounding ones.

Proxy or just an expat in Japan?
Learn Russian to appreciate the literature more, Poland and Czech are the literally whos of /lit/

lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=AfKZclMWS1U

Try bulgarian poetry, I thing it has a nice sound. Polish and russian are too "soft" to me. Anyway I enjoy northern germanic languages the most.

Out of all the slavs I'd say learn russian for sure just making the point in the future don't expect ex blocs to understand you.

>Bulgarian intellectuals

Lmao

Sure thing somalia

Yeah. As I've grown up I've noticed this more and more.
I remember watching an episode of mythbusters when I was a kid and no one could read some Russian writing, it felt weird as hell.

Learn Russian unless you have a specific reason to learn another Slavic language. It's the most spoken, has the most resources, and probably has more literature than the others combined.

Learn Slovenian. I've always found Slovene to be the most beautiful Slavic language.

Slovenian actually also has the biggest amount of slav words in it, almost 98%

bump

If you have no specific reason for learning the language (business, family or something) then Russian is probably the one you're gonna have the most use for.
Or you could learn a bit about each of the countries and make your decision based on which do you like the most.

Here, I fixed Polish

before:
Pierwszą historycznie potwierdzoną datą opisującą dzieje Polski jest rok 966, gdy książę Mieszko I, władca obszarów mieszczących się współcześnie w większości w granicach Polski, przyjął chrzest.

after:
Pěrvšą historyčně potvěrdzoną datą opisującą dzěje Polski jest rok 966, gdy książę Mieško I, vładca obšaróv měščących się vspółčeśně v viękšości v granicach Polski, přyjął chřest.

What did you fix? You Polish?

>w = v
for what purpose

Replaced digraphs with diacritics
I'm half-Irish half-Nigerian

saves space

>english,japanese
I tought it wasnt that much but how many of the japanese flags on \int\ are burgers abroad?

Not Slovenian
hard as all hell and completely useless internationally

>I thought Polish was the nicest soundest slav language.
That's a lie.
youtube.com/watch?v=72kZw26IQa0