Are you going to ignore the animated adaptation out of spite?

Are you going to ignore the animated adaptation out of spite?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XYFJUeQIpTk
mega.nz/#F!C8gzzYoS!sfboyzI0eoKLvdxd-395zQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

if it's "ok" and has more than 1 cute girl Sup Forums will watch them all

Are you going to not post the animation you want people to pay attention to?
I mean I'm sure there is something on YouTube for someone to look at.

Well astroboy reboot may be a thing next year so why would I watch this?

Eh, all you get is Call.

>implying it will be made at all

You're acting like it still has a chance of happening.

This. After the massive fuckup that the game was, do you even think they'll even be able to put together a cartoon?

What's wrong with the game?

It'll be better than nothing

The cartoon is still coming out?

Like it's actually going to happen. This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket when your chicken is made of shit.

I wish Call was in a better game. What a waste.

>comedy oriented kids show based off of a niche game aimed at older teens and young adults
i don't understand

The guy doesn't do shows. he worked in games, and apparently not even as a dev. Because of that, his game was shit, and now they're gonna try to make a show as well thought out as you just explained.

The company is probably gonna tank soon.

Don't forget Dyna

>comedy oriented kids show based off of a niche comic book aimed at older teens and young adults
i don't understand

Assuming you're not baiting, it's excessively dull and despite how long we had to wait for it it's pretty short. The new mechanics it adds are more frustrating than anything and most of the powers feel unsatisfying. It completely failed to live up to its hype and it's not even as good as Mega Man 7 or 8.

I hope it doesn't break the streak.
We've had three great cartoons in a row.

>not knowing how Sonic Boom had a good cartoon show

I stopped caring about Mighty No. 9 a long time ago

This'll have less fans than mighty no.9 on week 2.

I actually like MN9 because all the butthurt it has created
I will play the game in the coming months.

But I thought anime fans were losers with no life?

I actually really liked the xel absorption/dash mechanic in the end, but it does start out frustrating. Once I got the hang of it, it was pretty neat to see how fast you could potentially breeze through the levels, and how efficiently you can take out a screen of enemies in as few dashes as possible. But it's really not optional, so I see how it could be make or break for a lot of folks. I wish it had more incentive to play well though, since the scoring system in it is too easy to nab the S. Though maybe that's because I came off the Mega Man Zero series which was downright cruel in expecting high ranks to get the boss weapons.

what does this have to do with anything?

I just hated the story, and the voice acting was trash.

Should have just made him a cop and hired Nolan North.

Just be careful on what system you will be playing as it can have a chance to fuck up your system. Don't know if they fixed that

No, not out of spite, because it'll suck.

>spite
Apathy, more like.

The voice acting was really bad. I pin that one on the backers' for bitching about wanting it so much, only for them to end up hating it anyway. Thankfully there's an option to mute them. I really don't understand why people choose to sit through a story if they hate it though. I guess they feel like they're missing out on what is an essential part of the game? I don't. That's why the ability to skip scenes in games makes a lousy story a non-issue for me, assuming it's not a game I'm playing for the story. In MN9's case, I definitely wasn't.

How dangerous is it on PC?

hows the Steam version? i was a backer and I have it inmy library,but I havent installed it yet

I haven't heard any cases about it fucking up anyone's computer, but it has a rather bad memory leak which causes severe performance issues with the game after a while.

But tmnt was actually a good comic. Mighty no 9 was half assed

The point that user was making wasn't whether or not the product is good or bad, it's that one doesn't imply the other. Even the Rambo movies got a weird ass G-rated cartoon show.

Youre right. Don't forget robocop and toxic avenger.
Was it a scam or was the game just simply shitty? And how did they let that feminist chick get a position?

Yes, blame the people who gave them $4 million fucking dollars, not the developers who utterly failed to deliver in every respect.

There wasn't going to be voice acting until the backers kept saying they wanted it.

And?

The onus is on the developer. You can't blame the backers for the developers incompetence, except maybe for enabling them in the first place.

Looked up into that
I'm not sure if my toaster can handle that.

They asked for voice acting for Japanese game that's anime as fuck, and I think $200k thrown out the window for it as a result. I'm just thankful for that mute option.

stop being a retard

The cartoon was made before the game

the ice one is also female, wearing armor is cute

I tought the knife one was also female.

No, but the DLC character is.

as bad as the game is
Beck is still a cute shota
so as long as there's other cute shotas for Beck
I probably will

not boys, but call is cute, and complements beck

what other kick starter games should get a show

Get these guys to do Yooka-Laylee youtube.com/watch?v=XYFJUeQIpTk

Too bad we ain't getting a sequel were we can choose to play as Beck or Call at will

I only know Sup Forums hates this thing because of Gamergate so why would I care? If it's a good cartoon why not, this is the place that watches SU, Gumball and other horrible stuff anyway

GG is ancient history, it has nothing to do with Mighty No.9
Everyone hates it because it cost over 3 million USD to create and ended up becoming mediocre schlock

Shantae overall feels like playable cartoon show.

No, that's stupid. I'm going to ignore it out of disinterest.
You know, people say this, but it's just flat out untrue.
Case in point, pic related.

It's important to support when they do something right. It's like Sonic Boom, if you think the cartoon is actually good then you should watch it so they'll also at least know what is actually good. If MN9 is some how actually very good, you should watch it. But i wouldn't keep my hopes up at all.

I haven't played this game but from the concept I was hoping Xel absorption would be like the Z-Knuckle in MMZ4, where each one is a unique power from each enemy. I never like upgrades that are just numbers or worse, temporary numbers.
I can't say anything about whether actually using the dash system is any good or bad, but I'm just not interested in buffs that are "you do/take more/less damage"

what is this shows?

atomic puppet or something like that.

Yeah, I wish they'd had some better power-ups. I barely even noticed them most of the time. The only real important buff is the one where it makes your attack pass through enemies so you can hit multiple in one shot. Though I mostly just meant that I liked dashing through enemies to finish them, since I'm a sucker for mechanics based around quick movement. The idea of the dash from X/Zero doubling as an attack appealed to me.

Hey, people probably said the same shit about sonic boom and the tv show was still ok

This. Though I guess they'd have to make those boobs less risky for a TV cartoon.

I can imagine Shantae becoming an anime because it's a lot easier to have an anime specifically geared towards teens, but I feel like an American cartoon would either have to tone down or ramp up the adult nature to get made.

Either way, Bozon already has 13 episodes plotted out in his head.

Anime is geared towards otaku, not teens. Shantae does not need the tropes those people expect.
It could work as an animesque Netflix original like Voltron, but they'd have to change the plot to something less banal.

I never said all anime is geared towards teens. It's just that most western animation has a binary of "It's for kids" or "It's for adults." You either have to play it really safe and constantly deal with dumbing down your themes or you have to be on Fox or Comedy Central and pile on a bunch of shock value. It feels way easier in Japan to just make a show of "I want to make a normal cartoon, but hey sometimes there's boobs."

just watched it, can't believe Sup Forums isn't even talking about it and would rather watch mighty magi sword. I mean, this show's animation is on par with wander over yonder.

>Implying the Shitty Cartoon is gonna be a thing when it flopped both critically and financially.

Speaking of failure!

NEVER EVER.

>decent animation
>cute girls both foreground and background
>action cartoon
>humor isn't too juvenile to not enjoy
>literally no one except shotafags talk about it not that I have a problem with shotafags, but still

How is the humor in general?
My interest has been piqued, and I need something to fill the void from WoY

Sup Forums fucking watches steven universe despite the fact that that show possesses neither of those qualities

Prom Night.

I suppose I'd say it's just kind of boyish? Word play and teasing, I guess, but I'm not well at describing it.

ill judge it when it comes out, renewed interest might make the second game good, cartoons have taught me everyone deserves a second chance, and if the show is good, then a second game might have a show

I mean, it's juvenile, but it's not "let's fart every five seconds and make hip lingo", I guess. Don't want to oversell somehow.

Watch the trailer to understand the joke.

Alright, that's in the range of acceptability. No harm in giving it a shot, I guess. Best case scenario, I fall in love with another show, worst case I waste two hours watching something

You do know they aren't making the show themselves right?

never seen this discussed here

but soul sacrifice delta was good.

Not really. his previous design was good but the redesigns fucked it up. the change in every made a game tha5 could have been decent into near shit.

Considering that it'll still happen. We haven't heard about it in a long while. I doubt many studios are willing to bet after the PR disaster.

In the past months I've only seen 4 threads, with one made by me after having seen some of it.
I still don't even know the airing situation, despite having asked and being told about it, so maybe it hasn't aired yet or is just on a break?
mega.nz/#F!C8gzzYoS!sfboyzI0eoKLvdxd-395zQ should have all the episodes.

With the default settings, it was so laggy that I couldn't even get past the first level.

>This is what happens when you put all your eggs in one basket when your chicken is made of shit.

It really makes one think. I remember a time where people were actually saying "We have too many Megaman games!!" so now I wonder how much of that franchise milking was Capcom's part or Inafune's.

The guy really REALLY wants a multi-media franchise. He want's a new Mega Man and beyond right away despite a lot of people forgetting Mega Man 1 actually sold like shit and it wasn't till MM2 came around that the franchise became popular.

A lot also forget that before he even made his Kickstarter, he was announcing a new game created by him, something about a Penguin Pirate, with a trailer and he also promised a series was in the making and a movie. But guess what? The game was cancelled and so did his whole multi-media plan.

Seeing MN9's crash n' Burn with that as the Kickstarters kept rolling made me weary way before the game came out and when it did it just solidified my opinion.

Sonic Boom tried to do the same and stumbled too, but luckily they released their stuff very close to eachother and the TV Show ended actually decent. Not counting Sonic Boom is SEGA, who are a some what big company vs Comcept, which is a freshly made group of nobodies.

A lot of people wrote it off because of the artstyle. I was one of them. If you're gonna shill for the show that hard, might as well watch an ep or two and see how it turns out.

Did the 3DS version even come out? That was what I was waiting on.

Cancelled. Which is ironic cause the visual downgrade happened because people asked for the game to be in the handheld.

Skullgirls

K' will give this a chance

Shovel Knight

I think Skullgirls would work better as a comic, honestly.

Great, now how much is this gonna jinx Indivisible?

The what now?!

You didn't hear about that? Back when people still liked Mighty No 9, they announced a TV series and movie. It was the first real beat of "maybe this isn't going to go as well as we all thought."

Goddamn, this game was just a complete disaster

It really bothers me cause a lot of people just think it sucked because "It took forever" or "The gamegate situation!!" when clearly it there was way more important points where it fell:

>Length doesn't matter (a lot of Kickstarters take forever) but the issue lied in very little communication, even on the backer forums.
>Multiple Kickstarters for side-stuff, DLC and other games. Whatever it's a separate staff or not does't matter, it's really bad PR
>Attempted to hit all consoles with a rookie staff and not realizing compromises would have to be made.
>Entire concepts scrapped without a good explanation other than "tight budget"
>Very bad at sending the game to backers when it came out

And that's not counting the badness of the end product. It pisses me off so much cause it really tainted a lot of people's vision on other Kickstarters. People shitting on Yooka-Laylee and Shantae despite their creators have been very open on the kickstarter about what progress is made, have a larger and specific record of accomplishments unlike Inafune's team and have been way better at explain situations.

>Mighty No.9 got funded
>Became a disaster
>No Man's Sky got funded
>Became a disaster
>I donated to Indivisible
I am afraid

Shantae is a better platformer, that's what.