ITT: Unused Character Designs

The previous thread was pretty fun but it died a few days ago. How about a new one? Post concept art or pilots featuring designs that were scrapped.

>One of the early Elsa designs after they changed her from being a villain. It was probably too hard to animate.

>That is too interesting! Turn up the blandness!

And that's how we got the current desigh

Some Honey Lemon concept art.

I know it was controversial to make her white/light skinned but I honestly like it. Too many people think all latinos are brown. I'm all for positive brown latina characters but there's nothing wrong with paler ones.

Early Zootopia concept art.

This was from the same event as the other concept art but I honestly believe it's from the wrong script. It looks like the original spy concept.

"VERSUS"

Oh boy , I really wish we could see that earlier version .
They even had Guns

Some gifs I found comparing the early/mid 2012 test animation with concept art.

E is perfect. I also really dig B, but none of them are really bad, except maybe D, which is a bit of a mess.

This is from way back when Frozen had a much different script.

Bloody christ, this is hideous

The first one is literally just her final design with darker hair and skin.

And for that it looks like shit

what the hell is this?

It was also supposed to be far more cynical and pessimistic since it's from Nick's point of view. Honestly I feel like they made the right choices with this one.

Pyronica from Gravity Falls. She's a demon henchman side character that is mostly just background dressing and doesn't show up til the last episodes.

that looks hella familiar. like i saw the same character around that time on CN.

I feel the same. I swear it was included as a character amongst others when they would do those spots with a bunch of characters being featured at once. I remember being confused because they didn't have a show that featured it.

Or maybe I just saw something really similar.

They probably reused the design in Foster's.

I think there was a friend in foster's that looked exactly like that

Isn't that character in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends?

If it is, it appeared very briefly. Almost like a cameo for a character that didn't exist yet.

s-she could have been a black Latina too

She's insanely more attractive than what we ended up with. Afros are god tier on black women.

The point of concept art is to be a concept, not a finished product. Doesn't make much sense to criticize an unfinished product for not looking as good as the finished one.

I honestly thought Tiana permed her hair until I noticed a little curl. It's in a tight knit ponytail, probably due to animation reasons.

It was even worse than that (zootopia was some kind of apartheid type of city, and the lesson if the movie was "racism is bad") but who cares, final movie is acclaimed by both critics and audience.let bygones be bygones.

As some people pointed out, the final cut actually says something more valuable about the more insidious sort of subversive stereotyping in modern multicultural societies which on the surface can seem accepting, and the ability of power-seekers to use play on those emotions to their benefit.

tbqh even as light-skinned latina it irked me that they racebent all the characters but if i had to pick itd be this one i always liked harijuku/lolita fashion and this one makes perfect use of it

To be precise, from when they were going to actually try adapting the Snow Queen.

What's hilarious is that Bloo even had a cameo appearance in the Wander Over Yonder finale.

My tutor in Uni took back some Snow Queen art from the archives before he quit Disney. It was from before 2000 and had talking trees and shit like that. The only thing that remained of it in Frozen was the sled chase scene.

Man, I remember when Wander had a green hat.

I think I remember seeing that character on a rocking chair in Fosters'.

motherfucker

Can we share d that we would have preferred to what actually ended up on screen?

Go back to Tumblr, untermensch.

Let the Great One make America great again!

Harley Quinn

I keep on forgetting Anna doesn't wear that hat in the final product, and I've literally seen Frozen over 20 times. I just remember it from prerelease so vividly.