What's Sup Forums's take on spanking?

Other urls found in this thread:

pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/101/4/723.full.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=IwvrGHsjD7g
openbible.info/topics/discipline
rbvincent.com/BibleStudies/fulfill.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S H A R T

CTR is posting this image in every thread. I grow ever more ashamed for the Canadians, unless it's a proxy.

It's FUCKING nothing I got a lot worse.

Society needs it's betas. But if you want an alpha offspring then you cannot spank the child. Spanking also lowers the IQ of the child on average 4 points. So do it or don't do it, I don't care if your children fail, in fact if you don't listen to all of the evidence which suggest that spanking is not good for the development of the child, publicized by people like Stefan Molyneux, then I am positively glad that your genetic line will fail or otherwise not do as well as it could have.

its*

It's fine, if you don't over-do it.

Like, people get this picture in their minds that equate a swat on the ass to being drop-kicked from a moving car. Like, that's the same thing, in their minds.

Obviously, if you beat your kids bloody, that's a trouble. But, hey, a few across the ass? What's the harm in that? I mean, besides the obvious actual pain.

If you want a bratty child don't

if you want a strong child do

I bet most SJW and /r9k/ weren't spanked

Not for children, definitely for wives

Leads to lower IQ and significantly more violent tendencies.

I still want mommy to spank me though uwu

Not an argument UPB ONE DOLLAR FIFTY

Hope that answers your question OP

>But if you want an alpha offspring then you cannot spank the child
Source?

I agree but I you can't really, either she doesn't want it and you get jailed for abuse or she does but it doesn't actually work

also it shouldn't be done for fun only when she acts out of order

Not an argument

It's good if you have good reasons and have the limits the child should follow well defined. If you are a retard that spanks your child at random, then you should not be doing it.

>if you don't listen to all of the evidence which suggest that spanking is not good for the development of the child
Correlation vs causation
> Stefan Molyneux
lel

But like what if your mum is trying to spank you as punishment but it like turns you on. Whats the take away?

people need to beat the FUCK out of their kids when they are young so they stop growing up to be such little pussies

kill yourself then

>he doesn't realize that like a third of guys are secretly into femdom

Is very good. You should spank your children and wife when they misbehave. Spanking should never be done by womans.

>hurr let's beat children who don't know better
Worse than niggers

>tfw no qt will ever touch my butt

then a third of guys need to end their lives for degeneracy

I (as everyone should) only have sex with the opposite gender in missionary for the sole purpose of procreation

Molyneux is right

IN

H-Hey it's not my fault that my weener can only get hard when a girl is tying me up

Straight shota is best shota

It destroys children self esteem. It's common knowledge. They become insecure. Children can't properly comprehend what's happening. They need discipline not physical violence.

good because god said it was good in the bible

but if you for ONE SECOND do it as a power trip and illegitimately not for correction and abuse your tyrannical power then its really evil

it always always has to be for correcting behavior and in a loving manner.... also you cant be a strict parent and punish your kids every 5 seconds

thats my opinion

the parents are in the wrong OFTEN and nobody acknowledges that they think that theyre free to abuse their children because its muh household muh rules

>white people were worse than niggers for all of history until they became progressive and tolerant like 30 years ago
kys you stupid faggot

You're wrong; I do it with the missus.

Sure, there's funtime spanking which hardly even counts. But there's also Bad Girl spanking, which does: I expect her to be respectful, which she occasionally isn't. If she's disrespectful (say, mouthing off to some other gril at the store) I'll bring it up later, warn her off it, and let her know she'll get a sore arse if it happens again. If (as she did) mouth off again to someone, she gets a sore arse - she's expecting it.

Say it's wrong when it's wrong, be consistent, always start with a warning 'next time I'll ...' -- I've not been arrested yet.

Wanting a dominat gf is the same as wanting a bf

Faggots need not apply

pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/101/4/723.full.pdf

>Correlation vs causation

The data suggests that those who were spanked are worse off than those who were not spanked. This was done even with twin studies, twins having the same intelligence potential based on their genetics, and one performing better than the other. Furthermore just because correlation does not automatically assume causation doesn't mean that the correlation is false. This is the fallacy fallacy.

>lel
Not an argument. You can call into his show and get bumped to the first position of his call in show if you want to debate any of his positions, like his position on spanking. And if you can prove him wrong then he will change his mind.

You should obviously follow your hard on and start hitting on your mum.

youtube.com/watch?v=IwvrGHsjD7g

>spanking lowers iq
>it's definitely not because stupid kids fuck things up more and are spanked more often than the smart kid who doesn't act like a shithead

Do you need more muslims?

Okay, i'll admit that i essentially think like a female and the qualities i look for in women are what women typically look for in men, but I'm not a f a g g o t, a-user

people have been spanking or doing much worse to their children for all of human history. i guess there were no alpha's until you came along with your post modern progressive ideology!

kids who are abused by tyranical power have lower IQs

if you dont love your kids you hit them for the wrong reason

youre a mean tyranical guy if you blame the child every single time and call him a "shithead"....

why cant it be possible that YOURE wrong on a lot of issues?

Why cant the parents ever be wrong?

Thats why society is fucked up

Spanking a child teaches them that 1) violence is an acceptable punishment for non-violent behavior, and 2) people that love you physically punish you.

Spanking is degenerate and measurably lowers IQ. Do some research you fucking idiot. I hope you never have kids

Great job dude, you got the 1/10000000 girl who truly knows how the normal family dynamic works

Honestly pretty jealous, wish I had such a red pilled partner

>not having oral sex with your daughter
Then what's even the point of having daughters?

All kids are stupid and they need to be taught in order to develop correctly. Stupid people do not know how to explain things to their kids so instead they have to resort to punishment to get them to do what they want. There are better ways of parenting, and if you want a better quality offspring you will take the time to do your research on what the experts in the field are saying about proper parenting. It's your choice though, not your kids choice, and it effects only you and the life of your offspring. So I really don't care if you choose to spank, just like how I wouldn't care if you started a meth habit or ruined your life in some other way.

my kids aren't fucking retarded and can learn from their mistakes and understand that i'm teaching them what's right

would abuse with tyrannical power

Nope god supports spanking its a good thing

Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

It really depends on the situation, lets say your son is 12 and he starts playing with drugs or alcohol...... then what do you do... you have to spank them....

It depends if youre doing it for a legitimate cause because you love your child or if youre a freak parent who loves violence and tyranny

Please stop, I know you are getting off to this but for the love of our god and savior stop it is not too late to ask forgiveness and mend your ways

I will be praying for you tonight

plastic gook poster shitting up as many threads as possible godspeed

affects*

This gif makes me diamonds.

>Incest
amerifats need to learn that developed countries don't inbreed

Good job user. If I didn't have the fear of going to jail I'd spank the shit out of my girlfriend.

>the bible
>spare the rod; spoil the child
They were referring to the rod that a shepherd uses, and NOT a switch utilized to administer corporeal punishment.

Guess who beats their kids more than anyone? Noggers

Why would i be getting off to this? You were the one making accusations of me being some sort of closeted homosexual, so I responded by further clarifying my sexual preferences.

>It depends if youre doing it for a legitimate cause

No, it doesn't. Regardless of the reasoning, it measurably lowers their IQ, makes them more likely to be sexually degenerate, teaches them that violence is acceptable in a 'loving' relationship, etc.

Proverbs is the fucking old testament. Do you think braided hair deserves death by stoning, too? Did you just convert to Christianity and forget that all old testament covenants were fulfilled in full by Christ dying at the cross, as stated plainly by Paul, so Christians are no longer beholden to them?

No for kids.

Yes for me :3

Suppose spanking ceases the bad behavior, then it would be unnecessary to keep spanking the child, and spanking would cease thereafter. A parent who does not have well set boundaries and spanks its child at random won't be able to cease bad behavior because the child is incapable, due to randomness, of telling which is bad and which is good.

This scenario would lead to data showing people who have been spanked a lot having worse outcomes (correlation), while it still is a scenario where spanking CAUSES behavior ceasing.

Considering behaviorist experiments' results, it should be clear this is the real scenario.

Bad leaf.

It has its points.

this thread is about spanking and discipline

wtf

who uses a switch?

i would rather be spanked by a hand than a rod desu

thats even lighter punishment

No......... if you do it with extreme temperament your child isnt going to turn out as a serial killer because you spanked him... thats the abused children who would get spanked too much and for illegitimate reasons and constantly mentally abused as well.. in different manners because they didnt love their kids.

i never said it was an old testament law to spank your kids but thats the advice from god and god never changes and still he holds that opinion ....

in heaven nobody will need to be spanked cuz nobody will ever do anything wrong

but for now... you spank them to deter them from becoming a violent sexual degenerate in your example

Your supposition that spanking will cause bad behavior to cease is not convincing as it is just a supposition. In fact if you look at the data you see higher rates of violence in those who were spanked as children versus those who were never spanked. So these higher rates of aggression is what you might call bad behavior, and there is more of it in adults who were spanked as children, and less of it in adults who were never spanked. And since we are talking about adults we are looking at how the development of that adult affected the outcome.

Do you not know how babby is made? Doing sex stuff with her doesn't mean putting babby in her.
Father/daughter is the purest form of love.

I'm not sure what confused you about my post. The guy I replied to was trying to make a case that the Bible supports corporeal punishment; I assumed that he was referring to the verse about "sparing the rod", and corrected him by pointing out that it was referring to a shepherd's rod.
And up until like 20 years ago, switches were used pretty commonly.

The only circumstance where I can support spanking is if a toddler is doing something dangerous and it isn't feasible to let them learn from their mistakes... Like running out into the street with traffic or messing around in the kitchen near boiling water.

Even then, if you can't scare the shit out of your child by slightly raising your voice you are probably the most pathetic specimen in existence. I don't know if you forgot what it was like to be a kid but grown ass men 10 times your size have an aura of respect and having one raise their voice at you or even just take on a commanding tone was fucking scary.

God didn't change, his laws for humanity changed. You cannot pick and choose. While it is VERY CLEARLY stated that humanity is no longer beholden to the old testament, even if you believed it is, you're a hypocrite if you don't advocate for following it wholly.

Nothing else in your post is a logical argument.

>if you do it with extreme temperament your child isnt going to turn out as a serial killer because you spanked him
Nobody said he was, but nice try with the strawman. Fact: spanking makes children more likely to become sexually degenerate, and lowers their IQ on average, based on all available scientific evidence. The reasoning behind the spanking makes no difference whatsoever, regardless of your meaningless "opinion" on the matter.

So now we're at the point where 1) your theological argument has been wholly disproven, and 2) your attempt to argue that spanking is acceptable regardless makes no sense.

Even if spanking did 'work,' it would still be degenerate. But it doesn't work, and causes a host of problems, and it has been repeatedly demonstrated that addressing parental problems nonviolently actually produces the desired behavior more than spanking does.

There is no logical reason to spank, whatsoever.

>who uses a switch?
I do, sometimes. It makes it more effective by making her an active participant with her having to go get the switch off the tree.

America YES!
Just sit down with the BLM groups and camly explain why they shouldn't riot like shit heads and I'm sure they will just stop burning down buildings, robbing, and assault whites. And if they don't then it is your fault for not being good enough at explaining your position.
While I agree that every other option should be used first, spanking should be an option of last resort. The adult needs to be incharge and take responsibility to curb negative behaviours of their kids and sometimes negative conditioning (physical pain) is the only thing a child will learn from.

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." -Proverbs 13:24

I don't buy this peaceful parenting crap from Molyjew. He equates his literal beatings and abuse from his mother with spanking as a disciplinary action. The studies he cites do the same. There's a big difference when your dad spanks you at 5 years old for disobeying them repeatedly and from mom just hitting you in the face for pissing her off.

The people you're talking about were never disciplines properly as children, and their behavioral problems are a result of absent or bad parents.

Furthermore, BLM is violent; the behaviors spanking is used to punish 99.9% of the time are non-violent.

Take your false equivalence and shove it up your ass. Anti-spanking is not the same as pacifism.

>it's another "I didn't read the study at all but am going to draw my own conclusions from hearsay about it" post

Read a book, nigger.

>Spanking should never be done by womans.
This is critical. My mom never spanked me. It was always Dad. Mothers aren't meant to discipline children, only nurture. Single motherhood is fucking society up badly.

HARDER!

>Just sit down with the BLM groups and camly explain why they shouldn't riot like shit heads and I'm sure they will just stop burning down buildings, robbing, and assault whites.

Terrible argument, you equate the relationship with parent and child to that of stranger to BLM terrorists.

>While I agree that every other option should be used first, spanking should be an option of last resort. The adult needs to be incharge and take responsibility to curb negative behaviours of their kids and sometimes negative conditioning (physical pain) is the only thing a child will learn from.

Yes I see that is your position but do you have any evidence to suggest that what you are saying is true? And couldn't it be said that it is only you who is unaware of the better parenting options? Just because you are unaware of proper parenting doesn't mean that spanking is the only option.

.......... the bible supports discipline for granted its not even a debate

i still dont know what a switch is, a light switch?

wtf are you saying

btw lots of good verses in here

openbible.info/topics/discipline

gods words never changes
the new testament supports discipline too

if physical discipline ceases in modern society then the unloving switch to mental abuse and deprivation of rights

its 10x worse

punishment only causes confusion and torment when youre being punished for no good reason

but when youre punished because you did something wrong you know it and it processes

thats why people are smoking weed and being homosexuals nobody ever rebuked them its all widely accepted and everyone is a degenerate

i know kids who smoke weed WITH THEIR PARENTS

thats how sick it is

It creates slaves.

So, you've read the study and it makes a distinction between spanking as a disciplining a child and hitting a kid out of anger.

It was making a point that sometimes words just won't work, as I said you should employ every other method available before you spank a child but there has to be a point where you put your foot down and assert your authority when required.
If you can't see how this applies when dealing with anyone/ group that is behaving negatively then I'm guessing that you are none to bright.

>i still dont know what a switch is, a light switch?
A switch is a small thin tree branch used for swatting.

No spanking, conditioning.

I am saying that it's perfectly possible that spanking ceases behavior (causation) and we have spanking more correlating with anti-social (violence, promiscuity, etc...) outcomes. And considering the results of behaviorist experiments, the odds are high that this is the case.

John's family has well set rules that he has to follow or he will be spanked. John does wrong many times, then his father spanks him many times, then John does wrong fewer times, then his father spanks him fewer times, then John does not do wrong anymore, then his father does not spank him anymore for the following years. As a result John grows up to be a successful person.

Mary's family on the other hand has not well set rules that she has to follow. Mary does wrong many times, then her father spanks her many times, then Mary does wrong fewer times, then her father spanks her more times, Mary does nothing wrong, then her father spanks her even more, Mary does lots of wrong things, then her father does not spank her. This randomness keeps on going until at 16 she comes home pregnant to a dumb drug dealer.

Mary was spanked lots of time and was a failure. John was spanked few times and was a success. But in both cases spanking would cease behaviors, but because Mary was hit at random, she was unable to internalize rules.

His word didn't change, you illiterate fuck.

rbvincent.com/BibleStudies/fulfill.htm

And even if you're stupid enough to believe that, you must by extension believe all the crazy shit in the old testament. When was the last time you sacrificed an animal, you hypocritical assbasket?

The disintegration of the nuclear family has nothing to do with spanking, or lack thereof. You're drawing conclusions from things that have nothing to do with each other. Absent fathers and the spiking divorce rate are the cause of behavioral issues.

Okay can you get me a real study to back up your claims or are you going to give me John and Mary hypothetical and completely fabricated situations?

>He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Protip: by "rod" they don't mean "literally beat your child with a stick". They mean the SHEPHARD'S ROD. This is a very fucking easy concept for everyone except those rationalizing their own abuse to comprehend.

Holy shit. You're dense and stupid.
>"uhhhh actually the Bible does support what i'm claiming it supports and i'm not going to bother actually refuting any of your other arguments."

In regards to your link, yes, the Bible DOES support discipline, albeit not physical punishment. The only example in that collection of quotes you linked to me that could have possibly been construed as supporting physical violence was the "spare the rod and spoil the child" verse, which I already thorouguly refuted. You've yet to even reply to that refutation.

I can imagine that you read:
>For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
And your low IQ brain assumed that it was referring to physical pain, and not pain in a more abstract or emotional sense; as in like, the pain you endure from having x privilege taken away.

Holy fuck you are stupid

>When was the last time you sacrificed an animal

when Jesus Christ became the last and final sacrifice

it doesnt change his opinion on spanking

> Absent fathers and the spiking divorce rate are the cause of behavioral issues.

ok , i agree... theres a lot of sins in society that cause all these problems

but this thread is about whether or not spanking is a good idea and based on gods word yes it is definitely supported when doing it because you love your child and want him to do right

The relationship between a father and child, and between two adult strangers, are completely different. To equate them in any way is stupid, and you should feel stupid for doing it.

There is no situation where spanking is a logical response to a child's behavior. Even if you had the one in a million legitimate sociopath of a kid, stopping whatever behavior they're doing doesn't require spanking.

If you cannot show your authority without physical violence towards your own children, you're probably a pussy.

>when Jesus Christ became the last and final sacrifice
Holy fuck you're a moron.

Not only does Jesus never directly address anything remotely akin to spanking, but if you believe all of what the old testament says to do, you must necessarily believe the following:

“He who blasphemes the name of the Lord shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him; the sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.” (Lev. 24:16)

“And the swine, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. Of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch; they are unclean to you.” (Lev. 11:7–8)

“A man or woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned with stones, their blood shall be upon them.” (Lev. 20:27)

“As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are round about you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you, to inherit as a Possession for ever.” (Lev. 25:44–46)

“It shall be a perpetual statute throughout Your generations, in all your dwelling places, that you eat neither fat nor blood.” (Lev. 3:17)

“You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard.” (Lev. 19:27)

cont.

ok whats the difference? go find a "sherpards rod" to discipline your kid then... same thing

Proverbs 23:13
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

“Everything in the waters that has fins and scales, whether in the seas or in the rivers, you may eat. But anything in the rivers that has not fins and scales, of the swarming creatures in the waters and of the living creatures that are in the waters, is an abomination to you. They shall remain an abomination to you; of their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall have in abomination. Everything in the waters that has not fins and scales is an abomination to you.” (Lev. 11:9–12)

“If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.” (Lev. 20:10)

[Leviticus lists four other kinds of adultery for which the death penalty is also mandatory.]

“For no one who has a blemish shall draw near, a man blind or lame, or who has a mutilated face or a limb too long, or a man who has an injured foot or an injured hand, or a hunchback, or a dwarf, or a man with a defect in his sights or an itching disease or scabs or crushed testicles; no man of the descendants of Aaron the priest who has a blemish shall come near to offer the Lord’s offerings by fire; since he has a blemish, he shall not come near to offer the bread of his God…He shall not come near the veil or approach the altar, because he has a blemish, that he may not profane my sanctuaries…” (Lev. 21:18–23)

“Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.” (Lev. 19:19)

I don't know any experiments specifically on spanking humans as it would be unethical, but there are many experiments on inflicting pain and effects on behavior. You could search them on

1. Ferster, C. B., & Skinner, B. F. (1957). Schedules of reinforcement.
2. Skinner, B. F. (1938). The Behavior of organisms: An experimental analysis. New York: Appleton-Century.

This are large books though and I don't know the specific pages where you can find the info I was talking about.

...he's not referring to literally beating someone with a shepherd's rod. Do you even know what shepherds do with rods?

Holy fuck. Why do i even bother? You're probably a troll. No one is this stupid

i agree with all those things can we do one at a time though

i avoid pork as much as possible because its an unclean animal

i cant keep the law perfectly because im fucking terrible at being a good person but thats the objective standards whether you like it or not and we ought to be following gods commandments

Matthew 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

He's beyond help. "N-no the old testament still stands!... but I don't have to sacrifice animals because Jesus was the final sacrifice! But it totally didn't fulfill all the other laws in the old testament, even though Paul specifically said he did!"

So you think that God, even in the new testament, wants people to be killed for adultery, and that cripples should not be allowed in churches, then? Just confirming. :^)

>literally can't understand how these two things are similar in some ways
> thinks you can reason with your kid no matter what "even if they are a true psychopath"
> thinks I'm the idiot for own inability to understand my argument.
Well done, you got through typing that whole reply without fireing any brain cells once, what an achievement.

>Spanking declines
>Autism skyrockets

COINCIDENCE?

Do people actually spank their children with their bare hands?

If you can't find a switch, at least pull out a belt. What kind of discipline are you really doing with a wide hands and minimal leverage