How has Suicide Squad affected how casuals/the mainstream view Harley?

How has Suicide Squad affected how casuals/the mainstream view Harley?

She's DC's answer to Deadpool:

Character with a popular Internet following who gets put into something more mainstream (Deadpool had Marvel vs Capcom 3, Harley's is probably Suicide Squad but surely there's something else before that) and has their original character stripped to instead become a wisecracking edgy action hero.

So, in a nutshell:

>"LOL I'M LITERALLY HARLEY SHE IS SOOOO CRAZY XDDD"

Now there's a lot more views from behind

>She's DC's answer to Deadpool:

No, that's what comic book dorks say, not casuals.

And if anything all that shit should be aimed at Gwenpool

Probably Arkham Asylum as Harley's MvC3

She's a feminist icon who's in the best kind of relationship

Gwenpool is a deconstruction, new Harley is zany. Waypool is what casuals compare her to, but she's actually just DC's 80's She Hulk.

Know how some people say jerking off makes you go blind, grow hair on your palms, and various other things?

Well, all the years of guys spanking to Harley broke her mind. Your orgasms broke through the 4th wall and shattered her mind, making her aware she's in a comic and that she needs to show sideboob and kiss Ivy.

Harley has always been casual as fuck dude

>went out shopping today
>12 year olds wearing Daddy's Little Monster shirts

They think she is the hot topic manic pixie girl

Slightly relevant.

Forgot pic

The way the movie didn't outright show her relationship with Joker as bad and something she knows she needs to get away from creeped my casual friend out.

>Went shopping a couple days ago
>Cashier had a daddy's little monster t-shirt and hair dyed like Harley's

What a world.

I haven't seen SS but I heard it made people unironically ship Harley and Joker. How do you screw up their relationship that bad?

Better question is: has Suicide Squad affected how casuals/mainstream view Harley & Ivy and Harley & Joker

Lesbians are shit and for cucks.

>How do you screw up their relationship that bad?
I like it. We've seen abusive Joker/Harley in BtAS. We've seen independent Harley in the comics. If we get Bonne and Clyde Joker/Harley in the movies it'd be a nice change and something we haven't seen yet.

Their relationship is supposed to be abusive. That's the very foundation of it. Harley's origin and character revolves around this factor.

Get fucked dyke, some change is good.

Well throughout argument there

I don't believe MvC3 is the reason of Deadpool popularity, that's something only people who are already fans would play.

And i can't believe you don't remember the Arkham games.

>Deadpool had Marvel vs Capcom 3, Harley's is probably Suicide Squad but surely there's something else before that
Oh, only an animated series watched by millions of kids over multiple years in continuation and reruns and a multi-platform AAA officially-GOAT game trilogy.

I mean, I'm not saying Harley fans are more or less obnoxious now, I'm just saying my older sister watched BTAS with me, and she was the stereotypical Harley fangirl pretty much immediately, even bought a Harley Quinn snowglobe from the WB Store, remember those? Even back then WB knew she was popular with normies, they just pushed her merch in their own stores because Hot Topic wasn't a thing yet. I'm sure SOMETHING Harley was sold by Spencer's at some point tho.

It's a movie. An adaptation. An elseworld. You can change shit around if you want.

And that would be fine if it were anyone's creative intent, but it wasn't. They filmed scenes of the Joker abusing Harley. They just left those out, along with presumably a good chunk of the rest of the movie, in the name of making a "safer" movie.

If you just want a fucking cutesy romantic take on Joker/Harley, you can just say so, but don't hide behind acting like it was a deliberate artistic decision.

Affleck's daughter was "cosplaying" Harley too.

You mean Kevin Smith, right?

I'm really not sure, i tought she was Affleck's, he was carrying her in the pic i saw.

Well, Kevin Smith has a daughter named Harley Quinn who has cosplayed Harley before

That was for the Squad premiere, nothing wrong with it

That's not Harley Quinn Smith, it's Seraphina Affleck

And yet like any change where they go a different direction, incidentally or not, for whatever reason (ex: Superman flying because him jumping was too difficult to do on the radio, Lex Luthor being bald because the artist fucked up, etc.) it really doesn't matter because if it works then it works. And whether you like it or not, having a movie Joker that cares a bit more for Harley than other versions is now set.

I remember when lesbians were pandering to my demographic.

It already was changed. Pic related actually loves his Harley and went to jail to save her life.

Not to mention the Prankster alt universe Joker.

Hell, in the original Batman comics he went forwards in time and found that Joker eventually retired and had kids. His grandson dresses like him and was police commissioner.

That's fucked up.

Why tho

Harley Quinn in the movie is a sexual deviant who's into daddy kink. You don't dress your own daughter as a character like that. The implications are horrible.

That doesn't stop him from being abusive. Plenty of people love their partners but still mentally or physically abuse them.

Yeah, but your point was that it was unprecedented for a Joker who isn't abusive towards Harley and actually feels affection for her.

It actually has happened twice, and arguably a third time if you retroactively make Harley the woman that golden age Joker marries when he retires.

I googled her name and the first set of pics was either Suicide Squad or Arkham City Harley. Rip latex ;-;

Well he is batman. the guy who lives in his parent's basement with an assortment of identical young boys and and old mustachioed Englishman

Anything sounds dirty if you say it like that though.

Steve Rogers is a guy who lives in the mansion of his millionaire playboy friend who wears a metal gimp suit and an assortment of young super ladies and a buff Scandinavian with a massive hammer.

TWINS THEY WERE

That Joker left his Harley to die when he could have saved her, saying their time together was 'fun'. Harley then realises he was manipulating her and she shouldnt have fell for his shit.

there aint even anything there

that's hot as hell

It's been like that for years. Arkham Harley appears on searches before classic Harley

Despite what feminists say, casual females actually enjoy sexy female characters who are fun.

Harley gives them that, which is why tumblr feminazis are trying to shape her into a feminist icon. They don't work with other strong female characters, they go after what people like and try and shape it to fit their will.

No that isn't, you fucking pedophile.

I don't get this mind set. Why of all people make Harley a role model? She rigged a bunch of 3DSs to explode and blew a room full of guys dressed as the Joker, what the hell is there to aspire to?

Sounds like a great feminist.

a phrase can have multiple meanings its the sort of thing you see on childrens clothing all the time.

80's she-hulk was actually funny though.

She's a rainbow hooker now.

Not really, just gave her more exposure

People screaming about how stupid it is of girls and normalfags to find Harley and Joker a cool couple don't get why she was popular in the first place

I don't think feminists would find being treated as a sexual bargaining chip "the best".

she really wasn't

She's been mainstream since the 90s. Nothings changed

Most Harley fans ignore that moment. No one liked it.

But now movie Harley is before Arkham Harley

No one who isn't a comic fan even knows about harley x Ivy except for shippers, Tumblr girls and other assorted weirdos.

Casuals must know about them, I mean we are talking about the polar opposite of Harley X Joker. Those against abuse must know

i online rp and boy are there a fuckton of Harley players right now

>i online rp

Why

For fun, mostly.

It's like a writing exercise. Think of it as collaborative improv fiction writing. You'll be put in situations you'll never have thought up on your own, and so you'll end up with outcomes you couldn't have made just writing by yourself.