Hey Sup Forums, let's read Starlin's new epic now that it's finished. Gonna do one story a night except for Wednesday

Hey Sup Forums, let's read Starlin's new epic now that it's finished. Gonna do one story a night except for Wednesday.

Thanos Annual
The Infinity Revelation
Thanos vs. Hulk
The Infinity Relativity
Infinity Entity
The Infinity Finale

Starting off with the Thanos Annual #1

Nobody does cosmic quite like Starlin

Val Staples coloring is great in this

>ywn go back in time and warn yourself about your failures

Stop hitting yourself

I kind of like the idea that this issue is mostly recap.

>cosmic hermaphrodite

Unlike most Marvel writers, Starlin actually does his research.

Ron Lim did great work this issue

Only the beginning! More tomorrow!

Bump.
It's a pity the art is kinda weak.

Starlin goes too much on the Thanos wank for me. Plus I hated how he changed his dynamic with Death. Why the fuck would he do that.

You wouldn't expect him to care, given he's been writing comics since the 70's, but he makes the effort to keep up with what they do with Thanos.
He even seemed to incorporate the crap Hickman did with Infinity, and NOT by doing some shit like "It was just a Thanosi" like you'd expect.

Honestly, I genuinely wish he could write Adam Warlock again, but as the lead instead of as Thanos's sidekick.

>a creator wanks their creation
Stop the fucking presses

desu i liked Entity over his other stuff for just this reason. I like Thanos and all but dude, calm your boner.

OMG, this is really Starlin. Laughed so hard at this page, Jesus, so good....

I was just about to storytime all this! Even had everything downloaded and ready to go too.

Well thanks still.

You continue this storytime, right here.

>I was just about to storytime all this!

YER DOIN' GOD'S WORK, user.

Your efforts are appreciated, especially with a book this fun.

He's pulling a combination of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" and "Inception" here, with a hearty dose of "Creatures of Light and Darkness" tossed in for flavor.

OMG, this is gonna be awesome if Starlin can pull it off.

Only time his Thanos boner pissed me off is when he had Thanos singlehandedly beat the Annihilator, like fuck naw.

Still he's one of the few writers who knows how to write an interesting Thanos despite the wanking so I tend to overlook it.

>Only time his Thanos boner pissed me off is when he had Thanos singlehandedly beat the Annihilator, like fuck naw.
He's easily powerful enough to do that.

My bad man, I didn't know. I just saw the Bendis GOTG shit and thought we could use some classic feeling cosmic stories

This is going to be epic

Thanos vs Hulk should be storytimed BEFORE Infinity Revelation.

It was delayed a lot, but it was written to be published as a prelude in Indestructible Hulk before Revelation

Annihilation confirmed for Starlin Canon.
Annihilation confirmed for Best Canon.

Well, both Annihilation and the Thanos Samaritan were pretty good and weren't just lolheeviljustbecause!

Sometimes I feel like he is simply aping Thanos popularity to tell an adam warlock story. Which always excites me, as seen when he becomes LT 2.0 but then you see the thanoswank happening and you're simply left wanting.

Yeah I still overlook it because his Thanos is much better written than say fucking Bendis. For me it was Death swooning over Thanos. I do not like that one bit.

The twisted fucked up tragedy is that he would always try to earn Deaths love even if she ignores him and even if he saves the universe over and over

Quasar, Gladiator, the Surfer, Ronan, AND a Galadorian Space Knight? Our of sheer numbers, you'd think it would take effort to beat them ALL.

Alright, is the rest of the order fine?

This might sound crazy, but I'm the user who storytimed the entire Bendis run on GotG last week and I intend to keep posting all of the other post-2012 cosmic series.
So a time would come when I'd get to post all of this.

Heh, so this is my fault. You're doing great and thanks for the effort, I'll keep doing pretty much all of the other books, mind if I link this thread and the next ones in my OPs?

Doesn't Infinity Entity take place after Finale?

No.

Yes. You might notice Thanos Annual was promoting Hulk #7, where Thanos vs Hulk was supposed to start.

Yeah, that's fine. Link away. I didn't mean to step on your thing.

Okay, cool

Thanks OP

lol what is this?

I've been meaning to read all of this thanks!

Gotta say, The Infinity Finale was really lackluster

"Let's attack a mystic avatar of myself in the future who wears infinite power, what could possibly go wrong"

In fairness Thanos was beaten and just lost godhood.
He was not of the soundest mind

The first arc of the thanos mini from the end of the 90s.

It starts out weird but ends up great. You should read it.

It sets the groundwork for what becomes Annihilation era cosmic lore.

He does have the habit to handwave Warlock & Thanos stories he didn't write.

Inifinity Abyss was Starlin handwaving practically all post Infinity Gauntlet appearances thanos had that he didn't write.

What are some mandatory books about Thanos to get ready for Avengers3 ?

The pure essentials are Warlock Vol. 2, The Infinity Trilogy, the Thanos Mini, Marvel: The End, his Annihilation appearances up to the Thanos Imperative

The best of Thanos as a villain are his Silver Surfer Vol. 3 appearances, the Captain Marvel comic and Death of Captain Marvel

There's a comprehensive guide floating around which much more stuff but those are the comics that make Thanos' characterization shine.

When is the next story?

I kind of want to just dump Thanos vs. Hulk in this thread, but don't want to step on the OP's toes.

I'll be home in like 10-20 minutes

Thanos vs Hulk

who even are these people
please no bully