I thought gems didnt age...

I thought gems didnt age? Why is it they look 20 years younger when showing a scene that happened ~20 years prior to the story line?

sugar fucked up big

it was alright with pearl but amethysts appearance made no sense

A wizard did it

>gems can change how they look
>gems look younger/have different outfits in the past
>gems are that way so little kids can tell it takes place in the past
Sugar said it herself that was the reason

literally just clothes and hair

outside appearance is a projection of their state of mind

>lost their leader and friend
>with her literally morphing in to half her son
>fragments the group

causes maturity id say

They stop aging after reaching a certain point.
Pearl isn't younger, that's just 90's fashion.

It's just their cloths/hair that is different. Their height and proportions are the same. They just seem younger/smaller with rose standing next them as perspective to relative size.

citation needed

otherwise im pretty sure i found a huge hole in SU

Nah m8, the only huge hole is in your brain.

That plus Greg instead of Steven. Huge difference in perspective.

wew

Maybe they felt like looking 20 years younger?

Unreliable narrator.

>Why is it they look 20 years younger
Because they're wearing clothing that was still in style like 20 years ago, Pearl is wearing fucking legwarmers for goodness sake.
Also, Greg is like Pearl's height, of course everyone is going to look smaller when he's the focus of an episode.

Amathyst clearly looks like a toddler

amethyst looks like a fucking child im pretty sure she was even shorter then usual.

Probably another fuck up from sugar
You are supposed to ignore those or comblr spams you with 20 replys for everything you say with bullshit and wishful thinking

I *was* gunna look for it, but google isn't bringing anything up. Plus this other thread is more interesting and I keep getting distracted.

That's not really applicable here. Congrats on reading Jane Austen though.

It's just how she acted and dressed, she was always a head shorter than Greg.

She's just really fucking short. She's barely taller than Steven.

They fucked up that shot, she clearly was smaller

>SU
>consistent scale
>consistent art style

rabid tumblrite storyboarders
+
cheap corean animation

Here's a small tumblr gif from the first flashback episode, she's still a head shorter than Greg when standing up.

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a (snort) magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

where's that one pic of them with rose edited so they have their modern appearance

It's applicable.

Why does a alien species resemble humans so closely, especially when most of their feelings about humans range from not giving a shit about them to outright hating and looking down on them?

It's not Gems that look like Humans.
It's Humans that look like Gems.

>Pearl standing on a raised platform
>Amethyst standing on level ground

What is perspective?

Panspermia

Did... she changed her hair to look like young Greg's.

No, Greg's hair just resembled her old and current hair.

Not really. You can assert that the gem's appearance is a result of Greg being an unreliable narrator, but that doesn't account for the numerous other episodes where the gems forms have changed.

It's been stated by multiple gems multiple times they can shapeshift at will. It's a plot device so that Sugar can set the appearance of the gems to match the setting of the episode.

How do you get a shark to pose for a painting?