Have you yet visited Finland? If not, then perhaps you should

Have you yet visited Finland? If not, then perhaps you should.
I'm not sure if you're aware, but Finland has a lot of prehistoric monuments that were very important to the ancient Finns.
In the pic for example, we can see the Finnish "Stonehenge", or "Käräjämäki" ("The court hill") as it is known in Eura, Finland. It is very beautiful as the stones are set in a circular formation. What the ancient peoples did here, is not known to the modern man. Quite fascinating, isn't it?

Please visit Finland.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kummakivi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_carvings_at_Alta
youtube.com/watch?v=xrYL07hPw4w
youtube.com/watch?v=QBhOzRvkERc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What the ancient peoples did here, is not known to the modern man.
okay I get that but are you at least staging pretend-rituals for us tourist? preferably involving alcohol of course

Finland is one of my top countries, I often go there for hiking/camping.

I havent just visited Finland, I once accidentally invaded Finland during my time in the Air Force.

WE WUZ CELTS'N SHIET

>comes hiking to finland when norway is closer

We also have many naturally formed stone sights. This is Tapion alttari (Tapio's altar), which is a boulder sitting on 3 smaller rocks. Very peculiar, isn't it?

both very common iron age grave monuments in northern europe

Finland has more forest.

This is a "pee stone" in Kurikka. The story tells that a Swedish king Adolph Frederick stopped by this rock in 1752 and peed on it. They put this plaque to commemorate this particular event. Who said history isn't fun? It is also very important to remember past events.

I would rather visit Evora than some frozen shithole

also lakes and older soil

Here is Pirunpesä ("The Devil's nest") in Kärsämäki ("Snouthill"), Finland. It is a big boulder split in two. It looks very much like the scene in the Hobbit where Gandalf split a rock in two in order to save Bilbo and the Dwarves from the stone trolls. Quite cool in my opinion.

howling at this thread

we have rocks n' shiiiit nigguh

get yo ass to finland ma niggas

wtf :DDDDDDDDDD

Not only we have rocks, but B - E - A - R - S as well

Finland has water and air

Visit Finland bls

This is kummakivi, the Strange Stone, in Ruokolahti.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kummakivi

Fascinating

Are you the guy that crashed a Gripen twice?

Yes they can be organised.

Wow, they actually managed to move some random, unprocessed rocks into a circle? What a monument.

I was in Finland 3 times and I am learning finnish now and planning to move there desu

Truly incredible. Jaw-dropping even.

Well, you definitely can drop some jaws with those rocks

Remind us again of the neolithic monuments you have in Norway.

Seriously, I dont know any but I am interested. We have these Jätinkirkko, I heard they have something similar in Sweden, do you also have these?

Concrete proof that Sweden brought history to Finland

I'm saving this picture pronto

Like this

It was constructed quite early in 18th century

Memes were strong even in those days.

This is actually ancient finnish spaceship landing platform. Remarkable architectural feat. Here's a prehistoric missile silo.

>Wow, they actually managed to move some random, unprocessed rocks into a circle? What a monument.
We do this to keep rednecks (and now terrorists) from driving across grass or into parks.

Can someone like me visit finland?

I promise I won't rape anyone.

We support Israel over here and you will probably see Israeli flags everywhere. Is that a problem for you?

no

You would go as a local these days in some areas.

As long as you bring some of those petrodollars

hmm I thought the only immigrants in finland were somalis? I don't look somali nor am I very dark-skinned. Oh well whatever.

Sorry I am not saudi, I am egyptian but I was merely born in Saudi Arabia))

Everything in Finland is drenched in pigs grease.

>not having a stone over a stone over a stone

I am not muslim.

You are more than welcomed!

Sorry but I have Raynaud's and I would get complications if I ever live in a very cold country like Finland.

We have very big boulders too.
This is Kukkarokivi ("Wallet stone") in Turku. The story tells about two giants named Killi and Nalli, who got into an argument with a local priest. Killi threatened to throw a boulder on the local church and destroy it. But when he went to find a good boulder to throw, and eventually found the Kukkarokivi, he couldn't find his way back to the church anymore. He then angrily threw the boulder into Ruissalo, where it still stands.

Are you not entertained?

No thanks.
More doesn't mean better. Eastern Norway has very much identical forests, with better terrain.

I live 5 minutes from the Finnish border.
>haparanda

This is Lalli's crying stone. It is said that after Lalli killed bishop Henry, he escaped here and lived nearby this boulder, and cried so much that the rock is still moist of his tears.

I sometimes go to cry there too.

tourists only mohammed, ofc you are not welcome to live here

ah yes, who could forget the nondescript pile of rocks in the forest?

maybe this is just weird to me because hurricanes are a daily occurrence here but how do those rocks not get blown off balance by wind

standing stones? in EUROPE? no fucking WAY dude I gotta visit finland NOW

were the huge sword statues in binland or not

>went to Somija
>go to your castle
>ooooh aaah pretty n stuff, history n stuff
>need to take a leak
>go to the bathroom, there ONLY IN RUSSIAN cyrillic is written
>"DO NOT STAND WITH YOUR FEET ON THE TOILET"
>had a healthy kek
>grandmother was a first responder during russian occupation, there were several times when `larger` russians had porcelan stuck up their arses after an unsuccesful squat on the loo

otherwise a saw some tanks, the mannerheim line, spy museum, ww2 command center, ate your food, took a swim in your lakes and went to the Helsinki Amusement Park
Overall,I enjoyed my stay in Finland

forgot to add, didnt see any of your magnificent rocks
I apologise

Heres very old Finnic rock carving statue presenting human face, under it chin is wallpaintings, shame oldest of them are now under a water

>Quite fascinating, isn't it?

No.

Because they are really fucking heavy

I would like, but I don't want to get beaten up by local finnish gangs because I get mistaken for a refugee from middle east

>being so autistic you can't even recognize ironic shitposting

Sounds like a good time, glad you liked it.

Are there any runestones in Finland?

Not him btw. Depends on what you define as monuments. I know we have loads of stone carvings where

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_carvings_at_Alta

is the most famous.

There also many stone game traps up in the mountains, but those are not exactly monuments.

only broken parts you fucking nigger and you know why

Yes

thats clearly ugric handwork

No. Did some old Swede vandalize them in ages past? Did some old Swedes bring over fragments?

Made me feel desu.

meh

It's Komsa, so 100% Germanic through and through.

makes me think...

you wandalized pretty much all our rocktyped history you could find at +1350, sunked and destroyed holy places and runestones, builded churches over our sacred ritual places and turned our god Perkele and sacred places hiisi's into cursing and negative words

ayyyyyyyyyy

youtube.com/watch?v=xrYL07hPw4w

This is Ollinkivi ("Olli's rock"). It stands next to a road, and a story tells that it will collapse on any traitor passing it.
It has not collapsed on anobody yet. Very interesting indeed.

Im glad to be Karelian wich could save pretty much history on many different aspects, even more glad to see sweden rottening nowdays, karma deserves you fags right

You are Sweden
thus i have been there

Dont be like that.

Not really, Sweden is absolutely degenerate these days.

Oh you are one of *those* Finns.

Begone, this thread is bigger than your squabbles.

I only visit countries with prostitutes
if you have legal prostitutes then I may consider it
love sex hate talking simple as

fug of, its not your boipussing selling thread either

We are different posters. And you are probably those swedes who say that "Finland is just a social construct, it's really Sweden"

Gotta fear the swedish occupying forces

youtube.com/watch?v=QBhOzRvkERc

Karelian pride my brothers. We came from Russia and stayed unmixed with Swedus.

>when a drunk and/or mentally ill person starts talking to you about nonsense

Get help.

This is Kotakivi ("Hut stone") in Seinäjoki. It was a hideout for some Finns during the Great Northern War (or Greater Wrath as it is known in Finland). The Russians never found the Finnish peasants hiding under this mighty rock. Truly amazing.

No? I was just having a bit of fun making what I thought was obvious joke on how Sweden and Finland have this silly superiority complex with each other before you went full on tardrage.

Post more rocks.

>when retard comes to cry to you about nosense
gtfo brainlet useful idiot

>We came from Russia

Thus you need to go back.

>and stayed unmixed with Swedus.

Only Fennoswedes are a mixed breed.

Get help.

That's right. Udmurts are god-tier in comparison to Swedus with speech impediment.

All fennoswedes aren't even mixed or ethnically "swedes" many of them just switched their family name to swedish when they got some kind of important job. Same thing during fennomania when it was cool to be as finnish as you could get, many fennoswedes switched their names to finnish, like my family from mothers side. That way we are "mixed" but intermarriages have been also more common than many think.

This is Pirunpesä (another "Devil's nest") in Pori. It is a massive boulder broken into smaller pieces by weathering and erosion. It has a 70 meter long cave, and a hiker was injured here in 2016 when he fell into a small pit.

Only informative discussions about rocks and boulders from here on, please.

Russian Finno-Ugrics are crypto-Slavs that are heavily mixed with native Siberians. Finnics (Finns, Estonians, Livonians, Ingrians, Karelians etc.) are the superior branch of the Finno-Ugric group, of which Finns are the superior subclade.

From all the places to hide, they chose that lmao

see
>Only informative discussions about rocks and boulders from here on, please.

Loser BTFO

>Put rock on rock
>Ebin:D
What did the ancients mean by this?