Looks like The Animals of Farthing Wood is getting a UK boxset...

Looks like The Animals of Farthing Wood is getting a UK boxset, here’s hoping it’s successful enough for them to follow it up with other British animated series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWcCYu8glNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The Animals of Farting Wood
From shitting dicknipples to queefing peckers, we've come full circle.

I remember this from my innocent childhood. Kind of. Not really. I know I watched it, but what happened in it? Can't remember.

All I remember is that me and a friend used to give his sister shit for obsessing over this show and David the Gnome.

Aw man, I loved animals of farthing wood, great stuff.

I'll put it next to my moomins dvds.

I think the better question is, what will it's new rating be and will unsuspecting parents be outraged

Can't wait for decent rips

We're at the point now where a fair number of the parents of the intended audience may have seen it the first time around.

>what happened in it?
Death. Lots of death.

this was one show that didnt pull its punches.

loved the shit out of it.

We got the DVDs in Germany a bunch of years ago but they never did the second season AFAIK.

>what will it's new rating

*what will its new rating

Amazon lists it as PG, which seems about right.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting this.

I hope Noah's Island gets a release too. It's nowhere near as serious, much more cartoony, but damn if it wasn't fun.

I loved this for years and it was one of the very few series I re-watched a bunch of times, at least the first two seasons. I think I didn't like s3 that much but I can't exactly remember why anymore.

I still remember that unpleasant scene with the butcher bird skewering a mouse on a thorny bush.

Bold's death makes me cry ever time. I'm 27, what the fuck is wrong with me?

He was the best character and pretty relatable if you ask me. Not to mention that his development was the whole second big main plot of that season and they played with our expectations. Everyone expected him to return and join the group again, getting a happy end - but the creators were just like "fuck you, here is more realism" and threw it into our faces. It was a very good choice regarding the writing and conclusion, but damn it still makes me sad 20 years later.
On the other hand, if it would have been a typical happy end I probably would have forgotten about it long ago.

Violent death.

>follow it up with other British animated series

I hope so. Bellatrix Potter ruined my childhood, I want to exact revenge on the next generation.
More seriously, I wonder why a lot of british cartoons are so damn depressing.

Death and Despair.

>new urban planning
>suddently concrete everywhere
>all the animals agree on a truce and go on an exodus towards the nearest national park
>picked up one by one
>finally arrive at the national park (season 2)
>locals aren't too happy with the immigrants
>venezian politics and assassinations

the intro:
youtube.com/watch?v=GWcCYu8glNo

It's Badger's death that always gets to me. Slipping away and slowly forgetting his friends, hallucinating and believing he's in the past. Just like how my dad died.

A lot of older cartoons were dark or depressing. It was before this 'safeguard the children from everything that's just remotely serious' way of thinking happened. I wish the non-US West would make more cartoons, there is so much potential and there are so many talented people out there. CG stuff is almost always the same and it feels like it's aimed at three years olds.

>I remember this from my innocent childhood
Yet you don't remember it destroying it?