Seven to Eternity

pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/04/exclusive-rick-remender-jerome-opena-pit-men-again.html

all-comic.com/2016/advance-review-seven-eternity-1/

So, who's ready for the next run by the best duo currently working in the industry?

Taking bets on how often issues get delayed.

>Remender
Into the trash

(You)

So how long will this last?

So, the protags gonna be an unlikeable sad-sack cunt right?
Also, is that fucking Xorn?

Im hyped but yeah

>Opena

so how many months in between each issue? I will definitely be trade waiting on this if it turns out to be good since.

>unlikeable
Maybe
>sad-sack
Seems like
>cunt
Calm blue ocean, user. Calm blue ocean.

I mean, I love Remeder's work, but I can't read a lot of it at once because I just get worn out by how sad the lives of his protagonists are.
Admittedly, I think he writes his characters as purposefully unlikable. He's good at writing assholes who have terrible lives because they make terrible choices.

>I can't read a lot of it at once
Don't worry you won't have to

Good point.
I should probably catch up on Tokyo Ghost now that it's over.

I kinda wish this was at Dark Horse so we could get Library editions of this

Image Hardcovers aren't that good

I think Secret Avengers was a good example of him not being a sour puss.
Actually, I'd say his v.2 of Uncanny Avengers fits this too.

I love opena, but i'm really doubting he can hold an ongoing on his own.

Wonder how far ahead he's working on this

The second link has a colored and lettered preview from April.
I think they're up ahead. Has OpeƱa been known for delays?

Yes. His artwork is both beautiful and incredibly detailed, and that shit takes time. Him and Esad Ribi who's also working on a new Image title are in the same boat there.

>I love opena, but i'm really doubting he can hold an ongoing on his own

The comic will probably just come out in 6 issue chunks, like Emma Rios on Pretty Deadly. So longer delays between story arcs, but the issues within would all come out on a set schedule

I see. Well the books I've read of his (ongoing) had shipped on time.
Still gonna be gud even if there's delays.

The first 3 issues should be finish due to Image having a "you can't solict until you have 3 issues done" policy.

just hope it doesn't get to southern bastards levels of delays

>southern bastards
That's cute. I'm dealing with Orc Stain delays

Or even worse: Orc Stain and Mudman-level delays. Brrr.

>Manhattan Projects
R.I.P. en pace.

Any real word on this? All I hear are rumors that Hickman and Pitarra hate each other

Looks good and Remender has never written anything I just dislike, so this should be good.

Probably will be delayed as fuck.

That's pretty much all we know. Don't expect a conclusion to the story any time soon unfortunately.

>Also, is that fucking Xorn?
No, it's Magneto.

>mfw reading the last issue of The Sun and the Stars
The pay off was literally "Fuck You"

When was he slow before?
He put out X-force issues like nothing.

>another Hickman title without an end
He really is trying to be the new Ellis, isn't he?

Until he starts writing only 6 issues a year, he will never be Ellis.

Did SHIELD ever finish?

I've made peace with the fact we'll only get like 3 issues a year. They'll be great issues

SHIELD stopped because Marvel realized that Dustin Weaver was fantastic and he got pushed up to the A string titles. Last time I saw him was working of Turtles stuff at IDW

He's working on his own webcomics now. He did have that Infinity book and the Spider-Verse one-shot. I guess those are A-list books?

>SHIELD stopped because Marvel realized that Dustin Weaver was fantastic and he got pushed up to the A string titles

the closest to this happening was Weaver doing some pages of Infinity.

SHIELD is complete as far as Weaver is concerned (all pages pencilled and inked.) Its possible Hickman still has a final writing pass to do, but last either updated of it was it going to the letterer, so its really when is Marvel going to release those last two issues?

This policy isn't enforced then, since Red One happened.

>the best duo currently working in the industry?
That's not Tomasi/Gleason

Is it any good? I love the Dodsons, but I don't wanna buy it solely for the cheesecake. Also don't wanna pirate their work.

I'll let you know when issue 1 finally drops.

Should be any day now.

Am...am I being memed on?

Issue 4 should be out next month, I think. Maybe. Who knows?

Why did he insinuate issue 1 wasn't out?

And answer my question: is it good or I swear to kek I will pull the trigger.

That doesn't count because it's not an american comic, it's french. It's like Blacksad or The Incal. Their comics once a year or 2 or whenever it's done.

No, it's not good. It's very boring and unengaging. The only thing it has going for it is the art, but even then the Dodsons only show you pretty girls and nothing truly spectacular like pic related. Not worth your money.

>Not worth your money.
>Sup Forums
>paying for comics

Besides Red One is going for something different, comparing the visuals to LOW is silly.

It's like comparing James Bond to Interstellar.

you're baka

Sauce?

I already said I like the Dodsons enough that I don't like to pirate their work.

Interstellar is better than about 2/3rds of the Bond flicks and much worse than about a quarter. You can still compare or contrast them in elements that they share, like cinematography and editing.

Bump.

Why bump this?

>Opena
>detailed
What?

>this
>not incredibly detailed

Look at Thor's hands for chrissake.