Has anyone here even met a politician before?

Has anyone here even met a politician before?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-Zg0C3a0eQ
rickygill.com/aboutricky.html
ballotpedia.org/Ricky_Gill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the mayor of LA when I was a kid. I did a little dance on a stage and he spoke to me after saying he liked it

You look like a bigger manlet than Randlet.

Met Bill Clinton when I was a kid. He was visitng a local cigar shop for a photo op

>I did a little dance on a stage and he spoke to me after saying he liked
my fucking sides, kek

I met Bob Barr in Gainesville in 2008. Was excited because I had just seen Borat with my dad a few months prior and we were huge fans. Almost asked him if he liked his cheese but he was a cool guy and I'm generally a lolbertarian.

I've met Ron Paul in at a libertarian conference in DC when I was at College Park.

Is Rand standing in this pic?

I met Rand Paul at Reagan Airport one time, and Ron Paul outside the capitol on the way to Union Station

:DDDDD

Trump in Ac

I've seen Rand Paul speak but didn't actually "meet" him.

Met Jesse Ventura. He signed my sons wwf t shirt. Would have him as governor again. Or president.

I met Kasich

Apparently I walked right past Bill Clinton (as in, could reach out and touch him) on a street in front of the state capitol building in downtown Nashville in 2011 or 2012. He was in town, along with Jimmy Carter and Bush Sr., for a memorial service for one of our dead governors or senators or something.

I was off in thought and genuinely didn't notice him until two female classmates started freaking out just after we passed and asked me if I said anything to him.

I guess former presidents don't get as awesome of security as people think, because there were apparently only two guys with him, both on his right side, and they couldn't stop a scatterbrained teenager from getting within three feet.

John Williams, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. Not exactly a big name, but still kinda cool

I met Jeb(!) Bush when I was a kid and he was running for governor in my state of Florida. I was young but I remember thinking "wow my parents must be really important if he is asking them for their help in getting him elected" lol, was just a political rally

>I saw Donald Trump at a gas station in cleveland during the Republican convention. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
>He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
>I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
>The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
>When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

mfw

I saw Newt Gingrich at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta. He didn't look like he wanted to talk to anyone though; he was walking quickly with his head down while surrounded by Secret Service agents

No, but my boss is close friends with the Clintons.

Hello, CTR!

I met rick scott, he's a good friend of my dad's

I met Spain's former president José María Aznar at a book signing. Chill guy, and the only non-trash politician of at least the last quarter century in Iberia

Spent an few hours with Gov. Larry Hogan (R-MD). Was not at all what I expected. Great guy, not super polished. More like a guy that likes to bowl than a stiff ass elite. Good man.

I met Ron Paul and then asked him what happened to his career.

He told me it's still happening.

And the motherfucker got seriously ripped for a tiny old guy later in life.

I met my local MLA once (like a state congressman or senator).

I saw Harper once at work in the house of commons when I visited.

That's it.

I met former NSW premier Barry O'Farrell at a pub in Western Sydney when he was still in office. Had a few beers with him, seemed like a nice bloke.

My great-grandfather was a mayor. Gave me his mayoral revolver before he died. Rip in peace Nono.

I met Gary Johnson when he was speaking at the University of North Texas several years ago. He even signed my book, will try to dig it up.

I shook hands with Rick Snyder, which was apart of the graduating ceremony for the Michigan State Police academy.

Met my congress woman (nice lady, shitty liberal politician) , and at that time mayor (nice guy, shitty liberal politician). I also have 2 "signed" academic awards from Bill Clinton when he was president.

Saw Tim Kaine at a rally. I'm a democrat and I wanted him off the stage as fast as possible.

I met Ted Cruz at a brunch thing back in either November or December of 2014. I remember it was shortly after he made some comment on Twitter and some of the guest asked him about it.

and in the year before I played high school football with Donald Huffines' son. Donald is a Texas state senator who is a pretty zippy and good guy.

Born and raised in a private school in Chicago.

When I was in eighth grade, back in 2004 when Obama was still somewhat of a nobody running for Illinois Senator, he came to speak to my school. Literally sat about 10 rows back from him on stage in our school auditorium for like a solid hour. Was literally not a big deal at all at the time, but looking back on it today as a 26 year old adult who absolutely despises Obama's Presidency, it really fucking trips me out.

Also, in the same year, my class took a trip to DC. While there we got to hold a private meeting and QandA with the People's Commissar General Secretary Luis Guttierez, a House Representative of Illinois. Didn't know who he was at the time, and didnt care what he had to say, but a few years later he would go on to basically make a career out of promoting Mexican illegal immigration (which is hysterical because hes a Chicago-born Puerto Rican), race baiting and pulling the "white male racist" victim card. Real fucking scumbag.

Finally, for the coup de grad, I managed to get a chance to stand next to the king mack daddy of them all, Donald Trump himself. My mom had a chance to attend a Christmas celebration at Donald Trump's Country Club in Palm Beach, FL back in December of 2011 (or 2012, cant remember). I end up invited too and going. Donald Trump was not present most of the night, but at one random point later on in the evening after exiting the bathroom- there he was. He was standing literally right in front of me and joking around with some friend of his. "Hey, youre fired!" he said sarcastically in his Apprentice TV show voice. Trump is fucking massive, and I'm 6'2. It felt like he had a good extra two to three inches on me and he is WIDE. It blew me away. I had no idea how big he was from the TV, it doesnt do him justice. He made some chit chat which I watched from a distance out the corner of my eye (didnt want to be rude), and then he left shortly thereafter.

I met Rob Ford at a Blue Jays game

RIP fatso

I shook Trudeau's hand and got to take a picture with him. I do not know if you consider that meeting him or not.

I met Trump because I work for his campaign

>met Bill Clinton as a kid
>in a cigar shop

That's pretty weird. Care to share the whole story

My class was supposed to meet our premier Dalton McGuinty during our graduation trip, and the fucker bailed on us.

just how tiny is rand?

Met with a few local/state ones.

mayor of Baltimore (Stephanie Rawlings-Blake)
governors of MD (O'malley, then Hogan)
few other state senators/local politicians

Met with O'malley and Baltimore mayor for an opening of a bridge some other meetings a few years ago. Really wasn't a fan of either in person (or otherwise), especially the mayor. This was before the shit that happened in Baltimore.

Met Hogan (MD - Governor (R)) and others when they were looking at the damage that happened at the recent flood (couple weeks ago) in Elliott City. He was more down to earth than I'd expect, but thats probably just him trying to appear that way.

i remember a thread last year where an asian user met rand in the airport and got a picture with him

I'm pretty sure I was on a flight with John McCain back in 2013ish. I flew from Chicago to Phoenix and saw some guy that I thought looked a lot like him in first class as I was boarding. Then as we were flying it dawned on me that we were flying to his home state, so it probably was him. I was gonna say something but I didn't see him after that

are you the guy im talking about

Sounds about right.

Fake and gay
>mfw

>O'malley

God I hate this arrogant scumbag. I can only imagine what a smug son of a bitch he is IRL. What was he like in person?

I remember the times when pol loved Rand and hated Trump.

Went to book signing for Rand and he was a fucking dick. Was pretty bummed about it because it was ~5 years ago when I thought he'd amount to shit and carry on his dad's legacy

I met Marco Rubio at a bar... He really does have this odd repulsion from drinking water

I shook Dick Cheney's hand when I was 5

I shook Bill's hand and bought a signed copy of one of his books

My dad was a town councilor in a town of 1,000.

how was he a dick?

Also how short is he?

Many many many times, including Rand four times

Didn't actually MEET him persay but Trump signed my book and hat at a rally lol

I personally know congressman John Ratcliffe. Not exactly a big famous politician but I'll count it

Several.

I met and shook John McCain's hand at an Airport in Phoenix. He looked way older in person.

Rand is standing. The other guy is kneeling.

I met Geert Wilders and got him to sign a copy of Marked for Death. I shook his hand, told him I had looked up to him since I was in high school and thanked him for standing up for the West. Nice guy, quiet. Seems friendly, though we couldn't really talk since it was a speaking event and I was being crowded by other fans.

>not knowing this is a pasta

As a kid I met the sheriff of LA County. In 08 I shook hands with both Ron Paul and Bob Barr.

I stroked Larry Craig off in a men's room

I shot JFK

He was sitting but short. Just rude and dismissive, we waited 2-3 hours to see him and he was just like "name, next".

How small do you have to be for Randlet the Manlet to tower over you like that?

How is that possible?

Bush Sr. at a celebrity golf tournament.

I met Donald Trump just last week:

I was in North Carolina and I happened to run into him at a local diner. He was sitting alone and it looked like he'd only just started eating, so I decided to just go up and say hi (if his friends were there I would have just let him be). Anyway, I walk up and say hello and tell him I know him from The Apprentice. Nothing. No reaction. Doesn't say a word. He just sits there, staring right through me. Staring intensely, but with no emotion whatsoever.

I begin to feel awkward, so I say "sorry to disturb you" and start to walk away but before I even get a chance to turn he just gets up suddenly and starts walking toward me, still making full eye contact. At first I thought he was going to try and barge into me or something, but at the last minute (like an inch away from me) he turns and heads toward the trash can. Then he starts dumping everything on his plate into it. One by one. Potatoes, carrots, everything. He picks up each bit of food up, holds it high above the can and drops it. Some of it (the steak) didn't even make it into the trash because he wasn't looking at what he was doing.

Finally his plate is empty and this is the part that really fucking weirded me out. He looks around to check no one (but me) is looking, then slides the plate under his jacket and walks out.

I was just astounded, it was pretty surreal.

When i met jackie spier, i wanted to ask about jonestown. I couldnt muster the guts though.

I actually met (ran into) Bill Clinton on the streets.

I live near him, it turns out; I was walking home and I saw this man walking ahead. Young. Something about him seemed off, but I didn't really pay him much mind. Walk past him, and someone else appears, jogging. Old man, and I feel something is off again. I get this weird sense of vertigo looking at this man. He looked so familiar, and yet I had no idea who he was.

And then it struck me that he was Bill Clinton. Man does not look himself without makeup. Did not look well, and I imagine this is because I had just recently seen him on television with makeup on.

I stop, stupefied that Bill Clinton is jogging past me. I have this stupid smile on my face, as I watch him. He says something like, "Hello there," as he jogs (doesn't stop, obviously).

And I really want to say something, but I am just petrified. Bill Clinton appeared out nowhere. But I need to say something. This will never happen again.

So I open my mouth, and, almost unconsciously I say, "You look sick." And this is in a sort death rattle lifeless utterance. And I am overwhelmed with horror at what I just said. I like Bill, to be honest.

And all of this happened in a second. He says to me, having heard this and is about to disappear past me, "Thank you for your concern," and he is gone, continuing down the sidewalk, another member of his security detail appearing to follow (the first man must have been Secret Service, as well).

Really felt like an idiot. My mother had actually shoved one of Bill Clinton's security guards in at a nearby Dunkin' Donuts because he (the Secret Service member) rudely got in her way at the napkin/cream/all that shit little self-service area. Bill actually apologized for the man's behavior and spoke with them (my mother and father) for half an hour (this being ten years ago).

He took the same Southwest flight with me to San Diego, around fall of 2010. I actually respect him for taking a cheap flight vs a taxpayer funded private jet.

He looked way older in person.

One time I met Flavor Flav at the Dallas airport

Jeb came to my town and i shook his hand

>I saw Hillary Clinton at a swingers party and sale in Philadelphia during the Democratic convention. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
>She removed her mouth from Tyrone's throbbing cock and said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
>I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “are you a donor? then shut up, your opinion doesn't matter” and closing her hand shut in front of my face before turning away and going to town on that dick again. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her cackle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen bars of Saudi gold in her hands without paying.
>The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to be elected before you take those.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
>When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence with my email server,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly and popping some provigil

>Later on check her facebook pic
>Notice something odd about it (pic related)
>Zoom in
>Realise it's all true what they say...

>At airport in Dallas
>Waiting at gate for flight connecting back home
>Just had whataburger at the food court as it was closing
>See plane before mine start to board
>Line stops
>See man coming from the distance alone
>That man looks familiar
>He gets closer
>Could it be
>It is
>Feel a breeze blow past me
>Lying Ted walks past me in the 2 hours I was in Texas
>People start looking at him funny
>Someone asks "Are you Ted Cruz?"
>"Why yes I am"
>We all shake hands with him
>Wonder where he was going
>Plane was going to "Delegates"

Watch out Donald

youtube.com/watch?v=R-Zg0C3a0eQ

rickygill.com/aboutricky.html

ballotpedia.org/Ricky_Gill

I used to go to high-school with this guy Ricky Gill.
>Ricky Gill was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 9th Congressional District of California. He lost in the general election.

I voted for him, but he lost to Jerry Mcnearny. He was the son of Indian poo in loos and was incredibly rich. He was definitely a try-hard and a kiss ass. But he was never mean to me in high-school, most people thought he was fair and nice enough, we had a lot of the same AP classes together.

I met Jew Lieberman when he was still relevant.

No. The closest I've ever gotten to meeting any politically relevant people was having Trump sign my MAGA hat at one of his rallies. I would really like to meet Ron Paul or Pat Buchanan before they die

That was a fun thread

Jeb is a mess.

nope, but i'v met people that took political degrees, and those that played the game very shortly.
Great conversations coming to the same edge of the circle. "It's all bullshit and it's all bad for you. The most convincing liar wins, if they can cover their tracks the best, regardless it's a puppet show at this point."

I'v been told I should take a stab at politics. I often say the same thing. Nah, because i wouldn't want to be the most convincing liar, I rather tell the truth to such a degree that it'd get my head blown open from 100 metres away.

I used to work in the same complex as former Prime-Minister Stephen Harper. His office building was just a 1 minute walk from the starbucks I worked at. He never came inside, but his security personal did sometimes. Usually two of them, and they would order 3 drinks usually, so I assume the third was for Harper. They never drank the drinks while inside so I never knew which one was his. I wish I didn't always pussy out on wanting to ask them which one was Harpers. Atleast none of them had any faggy soy milk.

Aside from that I caught a glimps of him walking outside of his office every now and then.

my mom was a new york congresswoman in the early 2000s. ive met chris gibson, andrew heaney, and rudy giuliani. just local politicians

>Born and raised in a private school

That must have been an interesting school.

Kek

Bigger? Seriously tho, he's looks like even shorter than Rand Paul. Top fucking kek

I fucked Justin Trudeau once at a beach party

That deserves a kek

I gave Rubio a hand job at a foam party.

This is some fine pasta my friend

I've met Jeb! 3 times.

Once when I was a baby, he picked me up for a photo op. Secret Service wanded my diaper but my dad says I crapped during the photo

The second time he came to my elementary and read us a story. Kek he brought his mommy

I was an intern House page in middle school with a bunch of faggot young cuckservatives in Tallahassee. I met him in his office. I remember him being tall but low energy. Bigtime.

Also, I've got a condo on a certain island in Florida that the Bushes come every year to fish and play golf. It's filled with old rich families like the Duponts so lately I've been thinking they probably do fucked up occult shit there. But the island is so small that you will pretty much see the Bushes if they are there. Cannot wait until the next time I see ol' Jeb! down there. I'm thinking I'll shout something about turtles. Or 9/11 I can't decide. Fuck the Bushes.

Bonus: can any Floridabros guess where I'm talking about?

I let Jeb Bush eat Guacamole out of my asshole in Cabo once

I met my mayor. I bitched to her about the police shaking me down for shekels and she got them to stand down and make my problem go away. She's probably liberal, I don't know, but results get votes.

I met Ted Cruz at a private breakfast years ago as well. Not very different from what you all saw during primary season.

I met Justin Tredeau at a mosque Ramadan 2015. Took a selfie with him.

Please clap.

I met Ron Paul and shook his hand.

Saw Carson speak at one of the first events he had after announcing he candidacy and saw Obama speak in early '08 when he was one of 8 contenders.

Pauline hanson was at my electorate on voting day

I met Arnold Schwarzenegger back in 1990 late one night in Santa Monica at the Vons grocery store off of Wilshire Blvd. It was like 1:30 am (store was 24 hours then).
He was making a junk food run for his wife (or so he claimed) and had some Dolly Madison Zingers and some cola along with some ice cream in the cart.
I told him that I enjoyed his movies and his work and was happy for his success. He shook my hand and asked my name and what my favorite sport was. I told him my name and that my favorite sport was snow skiing and that I was bound for Tahoe for a couple of trips during the winter, and he smiled broadly and asked if he could go along. He was kidding, but he was so very genuine in the moment, face to face.

I had no fucking clue that he would one day go on to become the Governator for California. Life is just awesome like that.