In what was are the X-Men movies not a perfect adaptation of the X-Men or cape comics in general?

In what was are the X-Men movies not a perfect adaptation of the X-Men or cape comics in general?

>decades of clusterfuck continuity
>moments of brilliance
>moments of garbage
>modest simple franchise start, escalates
>tonally all over the map from Holocaust scenes to B movie schlock
>death after death after death after
>absurd resurrections, reboots, rehashes
>desperate time travel, aliens, etc. plot devices
>shoehorned fan service character cameos
>handed off between tons of creators with drastically different ideas / styles
>refusal to retire clearly over the hill reliable characters
>self aware, self reflexive humor
>equally loved / hated by its own fans
>hangs around long after its welcome is worn out
>occasionally somehow loops back around to being good again

I always say the same to my friends.

This is literally the embodiment of X-men comic books. Even then the comic book's retardation eclipses the movie "weird" time line. Which isn't weird at all if you are used to x-men comics.

So what we're in need of right now is the Morrison New X-Men run of film?

When is JLaw's contract up? At least it felt like her character arc was complete in Apoc.

Something tells me the monster success of Memepool has changed everything at FOX.

Well New Mutants is coming up soon, so that'll probably be a change of pace.

If it'll be good is another story entirely but still.

I say the same thing. Plus this series first really dove into the idea that its a school, and they're primarily teachers.

I want more period piece superhero movies.

F4 should have been a 60's period piece with the same tone as Star Trek TOS and it could have crossed over with the First Class cast.

It has.

X-force is getting serious traction and new script drafts. Whether Deadpool was in the earlier drafts or not is unknown, but Fox is looking to do this project like an avengers movie.

Gambit is also rumored to potentially be in X-force.

New Mutants and x-men 7 are up in the air, but still in development. Rumor is the projects will be combined. Any plot/story elements from one will be put into the other.

tfw rightclops will never be on screen

This
Honestly that would've been such a great idea

Didn't they just announce New Mutants had a director and they were moving on to casting?

Can the whole world just come together and collectively give up on the Gambit movie? After all this fuckery there's pretty much a 0% chance of it being decent.

Who is the Liefeld, the Land?

Except that, you know, the supposedly good movies of the franchise don't actually compare to the actual good comics. They chose to adapt the worst things about the franchise and they did wonderfully.

DOFP's retcon is the most X-Men thing I've ever seen and it was amazing

>worsts thing about the franchise
>Days of Future Past
what crack are you on and where can i get it

Remind me when the X-franchise was about Charles, Magneto and Mystique and not about, you know, the X-Men. Because those movies don't have the X-Men as main characters no matter how you try to twist it.

>The two best X-movies, X2 and DofP, adapting GL/MK and DofP, respectively, aren't adapting two of the best pieces of X-comics

Oh shut mutie, what are you doing?

I guess I just imagined Hugh Jackman being thrown into a river.

Yea, but x-men 7 is in limbo. Its cheaper to hire a new cast than to bring back an old one. Plot ideas may get recycled into new mutants. Action set pieces, villains, and so on. Like Gambit was planned for X3 and got absorbed into wolverine origins.

Yes the X movie franchise is perfect adaptation in a meta way.

X-Men is some Lee-Kirby pretty simple stuff (with some Claremont characterisation)
X2 is straight up Claremont goodness.
X3 & Origins:Wolverine were straight up 90s stupidity.
First Class was a step to fix the franchise like late 90s/early 00s X.
DoFP was Morrison goodness with more of a Claremont feel but not as cosmic.
Deadpool was the Kelly run.
Apocalypse was any of good but not particularly great runs (the malls scene should not have been cut ffs)

They use the characters that people connected with in the film franchise to rewrite stories to work in a cinematic context. Besides, Magneto is prominent in GL,MK

Singer truly is the perfect Claremont for an X-Men film series.

>started off classy and elegant and original
>had tons of success which translated to bigger and better
>went full retard
>left for a while
>came back went even fuller retard
>too far gone for anyone to stop, not sure if we even want him to be stopped

Don't forget that there was a some weird sex stuff, even if it was off-screen in Singer's case.

What is the story with the core X-Men contracts? Are Fassbender and JLol done? Those character really can't be milked much more and the actors seem like they'd be out as soon as possible. The new Jean, Scott, Storm, Angel, Jubilee and Nightcrawler definitely were intended to set up the future movies.

I would be totally happy with that team led by McAvoy in a crazy as fuck Star Wars space opera Shi'ar / Starjammers / Phoenix movie.

Because all of that is coincidental, since Bryan Singer hates comic books and likes to make his movies as far away from the X-Men as possible.

The characters don't act like they should, they don't act or dress like they should and in some cases they aren't even the ages or nationalities they should be.

Even down to the most basic shit like Cylcops beams being concussive blasts, not laser beams are wrong in these movies.

They might as well stop fucking around and throw some Shi'ar in there, some Lilandra and mother fucking Warbird. Also The Brood. Shit go full on Inferno and have evil Wolverine eating a baby on screen!

>should be
>n-not muh
You're damn right it's not. It's an adaptation, and it is not in any way required to be exactly how you think it should be.

I suppose Reservoir Dogs is shit because Mr. Orange isn't an undercover Asian, or The Departed is bad for the same reason. Those are both adaptations.

You are of the absolute worst types of consumer.

>went full retard
>left for a while
He left after X2. He left with great success and praise.

>came back went even fuller retard
And came back just for DoFP..for more great success and praise.

>too far gone for anyone to stop, not sure if we even want him to be stopped
This one is true tough