Which show was better?

Which show was better?

Both are good in their own ways; one doesn't have to be superior to the other for you to enjoy them.

There, I saved you a thread.

They were pretty different. I don't think they can be fairly compared.

Many people will like one more than another. I like both.

Jack was a better show tho

The one on the left.

Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and I still enjoy it thoroughly. However, The Last Airbender was objectively a superior show in terms of writing, storytelling, and character development, but people are going to just say "Samurai Jack," anyway, because it's less mainstream.

No. SJ was superior in terms of storytelling because of how LITTLE there was. That's the thing, the dialogue and stories were so simple yet engaging, whereas Avatar's were filled with pseudo-philosophy and cop outs, not to mention unfunny banter and comic relief.

There's no such thing as something being "objectively superior", by the way.

They're very different, and yet both amazing, but Samurai Jack is on a whole other tier than Avatar

>objectively

>There's no such thing as something being "objectively superior", by the way.
That's very wrong. Why the fuck is everyone in this generation a moral relativist? A grade of 90 is objectively superior to a grade of 80. Alien is objectively superior to Food Fight. Classic Simpsons is objectively superior to New Simpsons.

The Last Airbender had an ending

samurai jack ,
but Steven universe is objectively better

>Alien is objectively superior to Food Fight. Classic Simpsons is objectively superior to New Simpsons.
There's a difference between grades and what movies you like you dumb fucking retard.

Jack

>a movie that i like is objectively superior to a movie i dont like
>a tv show i dont

Airbender easily

Go away.

Yeah, it was called the live-action movie.

Yeah but those are obvious stuff. Meanwhile ATLA vs SJ would come down to a matter of taste. Do you like minimalism or epic world building?Do you like a single protagonist or an ensemble?

I'm gana save avatar the last Airbender is better just because it has a lot more episodes and less fillers.
That said they are both fucking amazing and the new season of samurai Jack might change my answer.

The movie didn't show the end. And the cartoon series did have an ending.

They were both solid shows, but I think I prefer Avatar because Aang and the Gaang actually made progress towards their goals per season, whereas Jack was caught in a loop.

>Why the fuck is everyone in this generation a moral relativist?
Probably because it's the philosophy that's not clogged up with biased retards who want to shove their own personal philosophy down everyone's throats.

Nothing was better than Samurai Jack desu. It's cartooning as high art.

The movie was the ending of the movie franchise.

>Meanwhile, on htraE

Story: Avatar
>Fleshed out plot with development of characters, story progresses with show

Characters: Avatar
>Many likeable characters with something to contribute, unique personalities for everyone

Animation: Both
>Jack explores many art styles, while Avatar is detailed without losing fluidity

Presentation: Jack
>Many different landscapes and worlds, utilize the concept of "show, don't tell"

Writing: Jack
>Similar to above, less unecessary banter with more heartwarming and funny moments thrown in

I personally like Jack more, but it comes down to what you value in what you're watching.

Jack. No contest.

Depends whether you like narrative complexity or fast paced action.

Okay, different guy, not gonna start a long conversation here but
>have you heard of feminism + ect (which only exists due to the pervasiveness of moral relativism)?

This one was

Jack b/c it had no women to drag it down. It was probably one of the last shows where it didnt have muh women powuh and shit, like mary-sue Toph.

But then Korra happened.

Moral relativism in terms of what? I think it's fine if we're talking about specific shows that are both good or something.

Plus I'm a moral relativist in terms of differences between the sexes. Neither is inherently superior to one another, they both have different pros and cons.

Jack as a show never got on my nerves because it NEVER had any sort of episode about social justice race/gender shit. They were more focused on, you know, making an entertaining television show.

>A grade of 90 is objectively superior to a grade of 80.
Not even objectively true, what if I needed an 80 to pass one class and already had passed the other where I got a 90? Wasn't it better that I got an 80 in that class than the 90 in the other.

ATLA
SJ was a very good show but ATLA just offered so much more.

Jack had better style

Avatar was too pseudo-anime to stand out. It's only well thought of because western cartoons don't do that sort of long overarcing story

Atla. It got far more seasons and sequels

actually I'm pretty sure they're making a second live action ATLA movie

SAMURAI JACK 100%

Samurai Jack didn't even fucking finish

That's the tragedy of Jack. Being Jack is suffering.

Jack.
I'm a fan of minimalism.

As a kid I honestly preferred the last Airbender

They were both after different objectives.
Avatar wanted to be an American anime (I will leave it up to you whether or not it succeeded) while Samurai Jack wanted to be a Samurai movie.
They are really different, so I don´t know exactly what we are to judge here. How engaging they are? How deep their stories are? Or just stating your favorite whether its objective or not?
I personally think that objectively speaking, Avatar has a rounder story, a wider and more diverse cast, amazing action and more character development.
However Jack has a beautiful artstyle, its action is pretty heavy too, and I believe this cartoons takes more risks than Avatar. Some of the imagery can be pretty violent in SJ, even if it's just robots. There is much more death and I respect how much quietness and atmosphere it has, knowing how easily bored kids can get.
Also, how such a quiet character as Jack can be so deep and adult in many situations. I believe his character more than half the cast in Avatar.

How long do you think Jack would need to tear down the Fire Nation and ending the war on his own?

A day. Maybe two if he doesn't kill real people.

Left died in an unfair way
Right killed itself behind the walls of SJW and will be forever be protected by them despite ruining everything what the series built on

Realistically speaking, I give him a couple of years, five tops, to kill them all.
Although if he directly targeted the Royal Family he´d probably be done in a month.