Left-wing versus Right-wing Libertarianism

Is there really any huge difference between left and right libertarianism? Authoritarianism can either enforce traditional (right) or filthy commie (left) values in its societal structure, but libertarianism by definition gives only the complete freedom to decide personally what values need to be reinforced. I'm legitimately interested in hearing any logic differentiating the two, though. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-QsbvE_0Kpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Left libertarians are just social libertarians. They want your taxes.

So I heard, from this guy on youtube, that left libs are like totally libertine, and like the right libs are just like, I don't want to pay taxes an shit.

libertarianism is usually placed on the political right since that's where it matches up better. There really isn't a piece of the left that accepts notions like "I should be able to buy and sell from and to who I please, that's none of the state's business". To the left everything is the business of the state. Or the commune or the workers' council or whatever other state-like thing they have.

youtube.com/watch?v=-QsbvE_0Kpc

Listen up

the fuck did i just read.

insightful

It's that stupid 4 square way of looking at it.

It's easier to just go:

>state control = left
>FREEDOM = right

You can't separate the economic policies with the social ones, as one will always shift to the left if there's one already there (control always goes to control).

did somebody say gadsden thread?

>left libertarianism

Man, that doesn't exists

Oh boy!

Yep

Left will always be state control.

I think he meant left side of the wall, paco

Post the aussie version

Does trying to divide libertarianism into left and right (even though it can't) make the quadrant political spectrum completely irrelevant?

top lel

Yes, and it is

They made it up because people got butthurt how Nazism was socially left but economically middle to right.

never fails to make me laugh

lol thanks m8s