When will Hollywood stop with hiring white voice actors for diverse roles?

>But there’s one area in which “Kubo and the Two Strings” has raised eyebrows: its casting. Irish actor Art Parkinson, best known for playing Rickon Stark on “Game of Thrones,” plays the title character, a young boy on a journey to find magical armor once worn by his father. Charlize Theron and Matthew McConaughey play a fierce monkey and a dimwitted beetle-shaped warrior who aid him in his quest, while Ralph Fiennes and Rooney Mara are among his chief foes.

>But the film is set in ancient Japan and none of those actors are Asian. So at a time when Hollywood is often criticized for using Caucasian actors in roles that were originally written as Asian, are director Travis Knight and Laika being insensitive?

thewrap.com/kubo-and-the-two-strings-director-defends-non-asian-cast-inclusion-matters-but-dont-reduce-diversity-to-a-hashtag/

>Constance Wu isn't here for your excuses, equivocations, or apologies for Matt Damon's upcoming film, The Great Wall, in which he stars as a heroic dragon-slayer defending the Great Wall in ancient China. (No, really.) "We have to stop perpetuating the racist myth that [only a] white man can save the world," Wu writes in screenshot of her Twitter drafts. "Our heroes don't look like Matt Damon. They look like Malala. Ghandi. Mandela. Your big sister when she stood up for you to those bullies that one time."

vulture.com/2016/07/constance-wu-slams-matt-damon-great-wall-as-racist.html

Holy shit Sup Forums, when will Hollywood stop whitewashing films about people of color?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DwEczlafDb4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jesus fucking christ kill me. I can almost understand the whining with that chink wall movie and Matt Damon, but these tumblr parasites want VOICES to be from niggers and chinks.

Fuck this. We need a race war.

Black people playing white parts is fine.
White voice actors are racist. A white hero in a clearly non historical popcorn movie is racist

Just saw that movie. It's a good movie.
Fuck these assholes for trying to come up with something to shit on the only decent animated movie to come out in the last year.

>complain about white people voicing Japanese characters
>having Vietnamese Flips from Hong Kong would have been deemed acceptable

>Our heroes don't look like Matt Damon. They look like Malala. Ghandi. Mandela.
Those aren't Chinese. Or is the dumb cunt implying that only non-whites can be heroes?
Also:
>Malala
Hardcore conservative muslim, despite her reputation.
>Gandhi
Hypocrite who refused his wife treatment, which led to her death, but decided to go through with the treatment when he got the same disease. Also said the Jews should have let the nazis kill them.
>Mandela
Destroyed South Africa through widespread corruption and incompetence. Sat by and watched the genocide of white farmers and caused the overall murder rate to multiply by 10.

the real question is when will disney stop making films about nonwhite cultures. this is as accurate a representation of japanese culture as pocahontus is for native american culture

i think there should be a law that if your founder had a stock pile of nazi uniforms and medals that your not allowed to make movies from the perspective of people of non white cultures

See, that sounds like you're implying Hitler and the Nazis were wrong.

Now that I think about it, they probably should have cast a black person as the monkey.

This isn't Disney, it's Laika. They're based as fuck.

They're one of the only studios preserving traditional animation techniques like stop-motion and 2D animation.

But i thought race doesnt matter?

At this point, a race war is the only way things will get better.

>99% of hollywood and movies is white

ask that yourself

>story is asian
>voice actors are not

I thought they liked diversity?

>White wash asian films
>Blackout and jewify western films

Why don't minorities make their own fucking movies then?

Oh yeah because they have no money and they suck at everything.

> Why don't japanese make their own fucking animation then ?
Are you stupid ?

Asians do...

youtube.com/watch?v=DwEczlafDb4

Asians actually make better movies than jews imho.

Imagine a chink singing the trailer song.
>Rile my guita genre reaps
Nobody wants that

I dunno, unless the movie is in Japanese why do you need Japanese voice actors? Does having a Japanese kid who only speaks English really make a difference over a white kid who only speaks English?

Btw if anyone ever needs to know what to do in a knife fight: grab knife holding arms, stab vital arteries, evade and bring a loaded gun.

When minority groups sound good.

>recast niggers to play white characters in movies like;
>kingpin
>electro
>nick fury
>annie
>mary jane watson
>etc.

>recast non-white males to play white male characters in comics like;
>thor
>iron man
>spider man
>captain marvel
>captain america
>etc.

It's 'progress'.

>cast white voice actors

OH MY GOD IM TRIGGERED

I fucking hate what this country has become. I hate what this planet has become. I don't want to live on it anymore.

How fucking retarded. They should be happy its a gook movie.

LOL, the movie would turn into a comedy then.

Nice fight scene. That one was burdy gud.

nice source

>99% of hollywood and movies are jews

I fixed that for you. Jews aren't white. They're light skinned arabs.

Wait... So Jews really did do 9/11?

>They look like Malala. Ghandi. Mandela.
Except none of those people are East Asian, you stupid bitch.

Maybe the character had lines with R and L.

i think its a little different if it comes to voice acting, alsong they can do it well

Because it'd be annoying listening to a gook accent for a whole movie?

Voice actors shouldn't matter, any good one can take on an accent or dialect to fit the character. The Matt Damon thing is completely retarded though, how hard is it to have an Asian actor in an Asian role? I'm guessing the Jews think it won't sell without a big name, white guy lead or maybe they know it'll stir up shit for publicity. If you're against classic films being remade with the only change being the race/gender of the cast, then you can't support this.

When minorities that speak perfect English start becoming good voice actors

Do they want stereotypical accents?

These are the women you're so desperately trying to save from rapists. Maybe white genocide is needed to separate the wheat from the chaff?

In the japanese dub, the VA's will be japanese.

Same with french, german, dutch, swahili and fucking indian.

Thats usually how cartoons work, you choose VA's your geographic location will recognise and understand. The End.

>Animated characters
>Race of the actor playing them mattering at all

I mean it's one thing to bitch about white actors playing Asian characters in actual movies where they'll be present in the flesh, but it's an animation. Who the fuck cares?

There shouldn't be any whining about The Great Wall.

It's a fantasy film about monsters. If blacks can be in the Hobbit, whites can be in a fantasy Chinese movie.

Also this is the closest we're getting to an Attack On Titan movie

I want a piece of land for white, conservative people only.
Fuck uplifting everyone else. We would do so much better. Leave them in their filth. I guarantee you that the chinks would start to conquer and genocide the shit out of them.

agenda:

>superman... replaced by Asian
>iron man... black teenager chick
mad max, starwars, ghostbusters...and many more.

aland, i'll look you up
don't recognize country

nice flag, have never seen that b4

>an inch away from Stockholm
really?

millions of people will have to die at this rate

>bitching about Matt Damon in a movie about China
>Movie made in China by Chinese people
>How to break into Western market? Use famous Western actor

Why can't liberal retards into capitalism?

That kid does NOT looks asian though.