So Haunted reveals Robin is deep down a dangerously obsessive...

So Haunted reveals Robin is deep down a dangerously obsessive, angry egomaniac who doesn't actually trust his team all that much.

And I'm supposed to believe this is Dick Grayson?

You're suppose to believe he was raised by Batman

This is a shitty show. The sooner you realize that the better.

>So Haunted reveals Robin is deep down a dangerously obsessive, angry egomaniac who doesn't actually trust his team all that much.
I think you just prove the point you're trying to make. Being trained one on one by Batman is bound to result in you adopting a certain amount of his personality characteristics. It's just how we're built (which is why we need to pay special consideration to the people we surround ourselves with).

Taken with the fact in a possible future Robin transitioned to Nightwing, I think you have a pretty solid argument for Dick Grayson.

Makes sense, he was raised by Batman.

It's three Robins put together to create Batman Jr because they wanted a Batman Jr to fill out the team niches and personalities.

Also read New Teen Titans and 1999 Titans
Dick is basically a different person from 1996 and onward.

Also Tim didn't become Batman Jr until the show was in development and after. He was a humble, nerdy, and the team straight man before they stuck him on TT and killed everybody close to him.

>So Haunted reveals Robin is deep down a dangerously obsessive, angry egomaniac who doesn't actually trust his team all that much.
And this is why I don't get where the hate for TTG's treatment of Robin comes from. They're just taking his worst traits from "Haunted" and "Masks" and playing them up for comedic value.

Dick was something of an asshole in the 1980s(all the Titans were varying degrees of asshole back then,except Donna).His character mellowed out in the 90s and he became closer to the version we have today.

Dick always had some of Batman's more negative traits but you only see them when things are really bad.

Batman is a dangerously obsessive egomaniac?

Here's your (you)

Thanks

>mfw no one remember that Dick used to be a douchebag.

more often than not

What, you think Batman trusts anybody he allies with?

Egomaniac? Sometimes
Dangerously obsesive? Absolutely

yes

Personally, I don't have any problem with him being all of that. He wasn't showing any personality traits in first episodes and liked when he was shown like the obsessive guy.

The thing is the dynamic they choose with him being the awkward loser of the group. Yeah, haha, funny. If everyone was this same mess but, for example, they keep shipping Beast Boy with Raven and Cyborg with Jynx so strongly. Robin and Starfire, the only canon couple there, by the way, is not and he's only an awkward beggar.

Also they even make mean jokes with his parents and that stuff. He doesn't look like the wacky leader of a wacky band, he's the loser of the losers there. Very funny and creative, yeah.

dick grayson becomes a controlling, overprotective asshole when he is scared for his friends lives

you haven't actually read teen titans

Rape

>Dick always had some of Batman's more negative traits but you only see them when things are really bad.
this
The idea that Dick is just happy go luck 24/7 is blissful ignorance
He's an asshole on teams usually thanks to taking up the token "Batman" spot and when things get bad he gets really bitchy and assholey
Though he didn't really mellow out in the 90s cause Dixon brought back him being mad at Bruce and constantly feeling like Bruce doesn't respect him

No we're supposed to believe he's Dick Grayson because he's Nightwing in the future, his Miteverse counterparts name is Dick Grayson backwards, and his origin comic shows him crying over the death of The Flying Grayson's.

And how many contingency plans he has for fighting his "most trusted allies"?

Pretty sure the writers and creators of the show has zero interest in adapting the character they knew from the comics. They just made him their own thing, which worked well enough.

There is literally nothing about him that signifies he's either Jason or Tim. Nothing.

Tim had pants and the staff but that's about it.

Wait, is it not known which Robin he's supposed to be?
I mean, I didn't know myself, but I just assumed someone had figured it out or there was an official statement somewhere.

>Wait, is it not known which Robin he's supposed to be?

He's an amalgamate of most of the Robins we've seen.

He's Dick but they mashed three of them together to make Batman Jr

Late reply, BUT...

My headcanon has always been that this is Dick getting pissed off at Batman always stealing the limelight and trying to do his own thing, but is still financially dependent on Bruce because he hasn't gotten his trust fund and settlement money to finally be allowed to become Nighthawk.

It's also been my headcanon that he reluctantly started to realize that Batman's methods of being a leader generally worked for the best, so he applied the same techniques in trying to run the Titans, only he had neither the real-world experiences Bruce had to apply them (such as managing a Fortune 500 company) or the several years of meditative training and therapy that Bruce got to channel the leadership role in a positive direction.

Ultimately it all comes out at how much of a fuck-up of a leader he is when Deathstroke starts making moves and taking action against them directly, and why everyone generally started to look more to Cyborg for leadership responsibilities since he was actually down-to-earth and hadn't been raised with a messiah complex.

Why yes, the Robin who becomes Nightwing and dates Starfire is obviously Tim Drake.

Nah man, he's obviously Jason Todd.

That's the point.

You shouldn't be surprised if you actually knew about Dick.
But you are another one of those kids that never read 90s Dick and his time on the Titans.

that has nothing to do with trust