Justin Timberlake voiced Boo Boo in the Yogi Bear movie

>Justin Timberlake voiced Boo Boo in the Yogi Bear movie
>he did such a damn good job at the Boo Boo voice that nobody even noticed it was him

Maybe celebrity voices of animated characters in movies isn't always a bad thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhr-f5LTJPM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing is inheritly bad, not even racebending.
It's always the execution.

There's no reason to hire celebrities for animated films, you'd be better off getting talented VA's for a fraction of the price and spending the money saved on making a better movie.

Lance Bass was Sephiroth

>MFW we will never get any new Sugilite lines ;-;

If no one noticed it was him why couldn't they have just gone with a regular voice actor no one knows?

Isn't that the one where Zoom was Ranger Smith?

If he did the voice perfectly why hire anyone else?

Sometimes you get something really memorable, like Robin Williams as Genie or p. much all of Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph's cast (though none of them were A-listers TMK). OTOH, a lot of Disney's imitators ( and Disney themselves at some points) just think that name recognition of Celeb A voicing Cartoon B is enough effort and money well spent to get people in theater seats to make money, similar to how live action films bill stars over story or plot. It doesn't always work out. Hell, Bill farmer, Goofy's VA has said in a podcast that the Suits in charge wanted to cast Steve Martin for the same role in A Goofy Movie. Mike judge also had a similar experience according to the Beavis and butthead film that Paramont, unaware of how shit works, wanted to recast B and B with celebs at some point in production.

ah ye, that's why Maui is voiced by the Dwayne Rock Johnson

As underwhelming as it might have been, I do appreciate the Ratchet & Clank movie for keeping the original voice actors from the game. It wouldn't be right without the Ratchet, Clank, and Qwark voices.

Can we agree John Goodman is the best celebrity VA, seriously if you get him onboard, he just makes a movie.

>Sully
>Pacha
>Hound
>Frosty the Snowman
>Robot Santa
>Mr. Prenderghast

Character actors are the exception that proves the rule that it's generally a waste of money using celebrity voice actors

if he did it perfectly then why not hire him right there?

Going "well you sound perfect but let's listen to these other guys first " is a horrible idea because the others might not sound good enough and he could be busy at a later point

Hell, the Japanese dub of the Simpsons Movie replaced their usual actors with a bunch of celebs.

Because he's much more expensive and adds enormously to the budget of a movie compared with a professional VA. It's Boo-boo's voice- it's an easy impression gag

I guess I can't really argue this in good faith because I honestly don't know how his performance was, I was assuming it was likely a pretty generic but serviceable celebrity voice actor performance but thinking about it a bit more I could actually see Justin doing something that was legitimately good, he's actually capable of being pretty funny and charismatic. He's gotta be expensive though, if someone with a lower profile could do a job that was 95% as good but came at half the cost and you could use that money to, idk, come up with character models that weren't so fucking creepy looking instead that might be worth it

JK Simmons is another great one, and of course Ron Perlman, Clancy Brown, Mark Hamill, Keith David and Tony Todd.

I love how they got Joji Nakata to voice Reverend Lovejoy.

"Rejoice Homer."

>Maybe celebrity voices of animated characters in movies isn't always a bad thing.

Dan Aykroyd as Yogi in that same movie proves you wrong.

Why did they can him?

Too untalented?

Too expensive?

Too gay?

>yogi bear movie

Justin Timberlake was an exception, because he was actually a fan of the show and practiced. Other celebrities do not care.

Not gay enough.

Nobody noticed it was him because no one watched the damn thing.

>mfw I saw it in theaters
It was so boring I barely remember the plot. I'm not kidding.

>Too gay
>Sephiroth

>People on Sup Forums did not see this movie after watching The Flash

It's like you don't like unintentional fun.

Because you want the voice done perfectly.

It was pretty nice yeah

Which reminds when The Simpsons Movie came out in Japan they used popular Japanese celebrities to voice the family rather than the original Japanese cast, and there was huge backlash over it. Luckily when the DVD came out it had the original cast as an audio option. Yes, that's a woman.
youtube.com/watch?v=zhr-f5LTJPM

Goodman is just good all around, man

He used to be the yellow m&m

He use to be the Blue m&m

For some reason I'm surprised that The Simpsons is popular in Japan.

Really? How long has JK Simmons been doing Yellow m&m?

Voicing isn't the problem, it's the writing, directing and visuals that makes most animated reboot movies suck. Why can't they all be as good as the Peanuts movie?