ITT: Sup Forums "villains" who were right all along

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw&t=1m52s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=915FESKzjWM
youtube.com/watch?v=ZxFD7Tk8Kps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He definitely was wrong.

Didn't you just have your other thread deleted, Sup Forumsfag?

The Powhatan tribe actually wanted whitey around to barter for their guns so they could kill other native tribes in the area.

So, this movie is just inaccurate all around.

>Didn't bring actual prospectors to a potential gold-laden area
>Continued trying to search the same area for gold despite literally 0 findings
>Didn't make contact with the natives in order to narrow their search
>Ignore the advice of an experienced and famous explorer and survivalist
>Escalates armed conflict against a less advanced but more populous enemy with greater knowledge of the terrain

Ratcliffe was an idiot, England should have sent someone else.

He couldn't have been any more wrong. There wasn't any fucking gold there for him to have his men dig up and he was ready to go to war and get slaughtered over nothing.

this. there was a way to exploit america in a much smarter way, and a way to treat the natives better without actually respecting their bullshit need to keep all that land they were doing nothing with. mistakes were made all around

>Implying Native Americans didn't kill other tribes brutally

That doesn't make it right. But forgetting that, there was no gold. So this wasn't a territory dispute or even an ethnic clensing. He instigated a war because he thought there was gold, there just fucking wasn't.

Reminder that the indians he was dealing with really were savages.
>In December 1609, Ratcliffe and 14 fellow colonists were invited to a gathering with the tribe of Powhatan Indians. The Powhatans promised the starving colonists would be given corn, but it was a trap. The colonists were ambushed. Ratcliffe suffered a particular gruesome fate: Ratcliffe was tied to a stake in front of a fire. Women removed the skin from his entire body with mussel shells and tossed the pieces into the flame as he watched. They skinned his face last and finally burned him at stake.

>Ramses did nothing wrong

well at the very least those natives got what was coming to them

are there even Powhatan's left?

>But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.

He kinda got dicked over

I feel like people generally skip over the "the Egyptians were murdering Hebrew babies" part for the sake of making the plagues look worse, desu.

Yeah, he was a dick, but that's some Greek mythology levels of dickery.

>"Let my people go."
>"Teehee, let me just control your will and force you to say no"
>PLAGUESTIEM

God was the real villain
as evidenced by the fact He got a villain song

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw

Moses shows up and says his God demands the slaves be freed. Then when he refuses because Ramses' high priests replicate the first plague and snake stick, shit get ramped up several notches until Egypt is in shambles and his own son dies all because he didn't get the hint back with the frogs.

Next you're gonna tell me Walker did nothing wrong.

Yea, but that didnt happen in the movie. Ramses was just a stubborn fool, because he knew if he budged even an inch, the Hebrews would destroy him.

Texas Ranger?

I really hope some crazy Christian fuck makes a Plagues VR game. Shit would be cash.

Mary Lee Walsh

>mfw Gypsy vermine

Totally did

youtube.com/watch?v=Bcg5rN-jlaw&t=1m52s

They fucking explicitly quoted it.

An Gisnep movie is innacurate? STOP THE PRESSES

>YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER
>HOW COULD YOU HAVE COME TO HATE ME SO

I thought that was outside God's powerset.
Yeah but in this context it reads like he's letting himself grow cold to his people's plight, not god is forcing him to be cold.
>VR is used to make virtual "Hell Houses"
That sounds pretty cool I'd never play one because I'm scared shitless of Hell but it sounds like a cool idea

And that's actively hardening Pharoah's heart and not passively hardening in the same way a Rekt thread desensitizes you to gore because?

No, the guy in the pic. Have you not played Spec Ops: the Line?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=915FESKzjWM

You guys forget we're talking about old testament God, not whishy-washy new Testament God.

Old Testament God was all about dicking people completely arbitrarily and often times due to his own intervention.

Google "Wrath 2 Flash Game"

>I thought that was outside God's powerset.
It's the Christian God dumbass nothing is outside his powerset that's the whole point of having a single omnipotent deity he is the alpha and the omega he is all things at once as well as all none things he is the past present and future it's fucking GOD damn it.

"Outside his powerset" jesus.

>I thought that was outside God's powerset.
Do you not know what omnipotent means?

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZxFD7Tk8Kps

Frollo was pretty much on point. The second Quasimodo went outside, they mocked him and then turned on him.

He was a rude powerhungry cunt that left the princess to die
Next.

>Court attractive but otherwise plain girl in your small town
>Everybody thinks she's weird and introverted like her mentally unstable father, but I can see how worthy she is as wife despite fucking literally every other bitch in town before then
>Her crazy dad asks us to help but he's pulled this shit before, ignore him
>She returns, and oh shit, turns out she really was kidnapped by a fucking monster that lives in the spooky old castle nearby
>She insists the monster is actually nice, but that's fucking Stockholm syndrome for you
>I gather an army and attempt to raid his evil castle, which is I find out is literally bewitched and populated by demonic furniture and trinkets that attack us
>I find the monster and fight it, And actually do pretty well considering he has at least 300 lbs on me
>The beast thinks he has me beat and abandons our fight to furthur corrupt the girl
>This cannot stand
>I get one last stab in, but I slip and fall to my death, my noble mission, my noble mission at last at an end
>Somehow I'M the villain

Just fuck my shit up senpai
>

>Frollo wants to kill Baby Quasimodo
>Priest convinces him not to
>Results in Paris burning to the ground rather than one gypsy getting executed and/or raped

>arbitrary
Have you ever met a human? We deserve it.

Hell, the "wishy washy" thing isn't because God changed but because God's audience got less shitty. Because even in the OT, Israel are a bunch of twats. That "iron chariots" bit? It's not God being trumped up by humans because if you actually read the rest of it you see it's actually "Oh I'm sorry, I thought Israel actually liked me and I was helping out my bros by having them always win but you twats don't really seem to see me as anything more than an easy button for battle." Thus it ends up being more like that one roommate you cut off financially because he doesn't seem to appreciate how you practically wipe his ass for him with guilded toilet paper.

that's still the case today

he lusted after gypsie filth.

>ask someone if they've played x game
>post the biggest spoiler in the game
brilliant

And he wasnt wrong about that either.

I think he was talking about the whole "respect to free will" stuff.

What really set me off is that Gaston wanted Belle to become a stay-at-home mom, and Belle said, "Fuck that, I'm a strong, independent woman!" and then she falls in love with the Beast, becoming a stay-at-home mom anyways. Then the feminists try to say, "WELL GASTON IS A CHAUVANISTIC PIG AND THE BEAST LEARNED TO BE NICE TO WOMEN WHICH IS WHY HIS CURSE WAS LIFTED" when Gaston was willing to give up his life as a womanizer if it meant getting to be with her.

She literally has Stockholm syndrome towards the end of the movie, Gaston knows her well enough to know that she's definitely not the same mentally as she was before her kidnapping, and people STILL get pissed when he tries to bring her back to her dad.

What the fuck is everyone's problem? NO ONE does ANYTHING like Gaston.

>that pic

Best ending

His only error was not problemshooting his equipment first

You ever say "X makes me so mad?" Does it actually ACTIVLEY force you against your will to be angry or do you make yourself angry based on X's passive existance reletive to you?

So Gaston and Beast were both dicks, but Beast had the foresight to kidnap Belle, where Belle got to know him and fall in love. Moral of the story? Don't pussyfoot around courtship. Just kidnap her and things will work out.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking the original line meant.

>Be Vizier to a stunted manlet
>Do all the actual work of managing a large and power country
>No male heir, succession is not secure and the daughter is an overly proud brat who has no respect for her station in life
>Literal fucking beggar wants to marry her and become heir despite having no background in politics or anything of lasting value to bring to the kingdom

>Gaston knows her well enough
Homeboy couldn't even read

That and wearing a long flowing cape. I'm pretty sure if it was either shorter or detachable it would've all been okay for him. Nonexistent cape would be the ideal.

Jasmine is so naive that she didn't even know about the concept of trading money for goods and fell in love with the first reasonably attractive thief interacted with.

Jafar did nothing wrong.

do you ever wonder if maybe environment had something to do with this shit? it seems to me like the original arctic explorers had shit going on, wayy thousands of years ago and shit.. the eskimos seem to have shit pretty together.. then you get a whole lotta nothin, then way down south of the border you get more advancement again (with pockets of severe primitivity) til you get to major huge empires again, but clear down in the thick jungles, basic-ass again. I mean, is it just that difficult terrain forces you to advance, to have something to shield you from the cold or the dry or whatever, while plains people just dick around and jungle people just live off of trees? or is that total coincidence and the people who preferred more simple lifestyles chose those places to support it

consider that the beast was actively hunting for deer for his dinner despite the servants apparently having some means of preparing lavish dinners. he was becoming more of an animal, and he knew it. it was RESPONSIBLE of him to do whatever it takes to maximize his chances of becoming human again, even if it meant inconveniencing a girl for, let's face it, a maximum of a few months before the last petal fell. A girl who, in the meantime, gets to enjoy the cushy luxury of his creepy enchanted castle. Because if he failed, that neighborhood was about to have a brand new Beast of Gevaudan.
having been cursed by a goddamn fairy, he had to believe the next weird coincidence to show up on his door was some kinda destiny or whatever
it's an old man? uh.. you have a daughter? okay, send her here. that must be my magical fairy challenge or whatever.

>Gaston was willing to give up his life as a womanizer if it meant getting to be with her.
Did we get any indication of that? I mean, he did basically say 'those other women aren't doing it for me' but that doesn't mean "not them" it could just as easily mean "not JUST them, i need the hard-to-get one too, so my collection's complete"

He was the best thing to come out of that show.

You're all sort of right. People don't get this:
if god sends you plagues and you go "oh shit, sorry, i'll do whatever you say".. that has accomplished nothing. He didn't change his mind out of penitence, he just got spooked by a magic guy. The egyptians have tons of magic guys, they don't learn any lessons from them.
what god did was literally ENFORCE his free will. He made it so he would never stop being stubborn out of fear, but would ONLY let them go if he genuinely felt their pain and understood what he had done wrong. That's why it took his own son dying, in the same way he tried to population-control the jews, to get it.
and even then, EVEN THEN we see he changed his mind, and that earned him death.

basically if he hadn't hardened his heart, he would have just been engaging in magical bullying

Old testament Ramses yes definitely, but if I remember the movie specifically left out the part of God forcing him to be a dick so it wouldn't lead to awkward questions and just making the story about a prideful ruler who'd do morally wrong things and risk the lives of his people for his own honor.

I get where your coming from but an important thing to remember here is context.

Pharaoh is regarded as god on earth. To yield to a foreign deity, let alone a deity exclusively worshipped by the lowest class in the kingdom, is sacrilegious and essentially admitting you are lower than they. The idea of a god whose people are enslaved yet is more powerful than all the Eygptian deities is something he cannot stand.

it's still mind control either way

My favorite is the moments when he made it clear "no, you didn't do this, I did it. Your victories? you don't have any. you're JEWS for god's sake. you can't even bounce a basketball. these are MY victories. I'm choosing to share them with you as long as you love me"
whenever their army got too big and great, as it would from time to time, he'd tell most of them to say home from battle, so that a tiny minority could win instead of a big obvious army..
he wouldn't let them plunder just anyone who had phat loot, he burned a guy's house down for trying to steal some forbidden plunder.
he wouldn't even let them try to store up manna, because if they really trusted him, they shouldn't need to have backup manna.

when saul gets all jelly over david having more victories than him, according to (pretty dickish) public chants, his reign is fucking over. because he's trying to take credit over shit it could not be more obvious god was doing (hence the whole not-wearing-armor and fighting a giant off with a sling thing)
basically if you're too dumb to understand that a god is kind of different from a you, he finds a way to remind you.

To be fair people tend to forgot that the "You have to live with me forever' deal only lasted a couple of hours before he got pissy and just told her to fuck off.

She then leaves and gets ambushed by wolves but the Beast risked his life to save her and only after that she decided to give the guy another shot and even then she still could've left whenever she wanted. Also they both got to know each other for months.

Also add to what you said Belle didn't have any issue about being a stay at home mom, she just wanted to spend her days reading which back in those days woman who read anything that wasn't the Bible were taboo.

it's literally the only way for it NOT to be mind control
it's the equivalent of "i order you to act like you're not under a spell" to break a mind control spell.
pelting someone with weird dark clouds of magical sensory deprivation fog until they do what you want, that is mind control. making sure they do what they would have done otherwise.. is not.

Your fedora's getting a little too tight there, chum. Reading was just seen as pointless, since it's not as if she was going to do anything with it.

>basically if he hadn't hardened his heart, he would have just been engaging in magical bullying

Well considering that God went ahead and murdered a bunch of innocent Egyptian first borns just because he forced the Pharaoh to keep a bunch of slaves behind I'm really not seeing how this is any better.

That whole story is just one big fantasy power wank for Jews.

They love to samefag and shove their feels down people's throats just as much as the "sjws" they whine about.

What parts of "The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away" and "Pharoah did it first without a second thought" didn't you get? Yeah it's a different Pharoah in the movie but as far as Exodus is concerned it was the same guy both times and since God bestows life on everything in the first place, Him taking a life is FAR different than you taking a life. Because can YOU create something from nothing and bestow it with an immortal soul giving it life in your image? No? Then you are in no place to question the final plague.

Was there ever a solid chance for the native americans, or was their fate sealed as soon as Europeans landed on the continent and made contact, giving the gift of smallpox?

>Wastes millions of dollars and tons of time to murder a bunch of has-beens over one of them being short with him one time
>Could've been enjoying his practically unlimited wealth and fucking his 11/10 Superspy gf
How was he not wrong?

>basically if he hadn't hardened his heart, he would have just been engaging in magical bullying

How the fuck was that not what he was doing anyway!? Holy shit christfags are dumb.

Is this supposed to make me like God or think he's good or something? He sounds like an insane twat.

>since God bestows life on everything in the first place, Him taking a life is FAR different than you taking a life.
Wow cool you believe in a supernatural tyrant that's awesome.

Here have my old fashioned hat as a gratuity.

He didn't want to scare Pharaoh into submission, he wanted Pharaoh to KNOW HE WAS THE LORD!

I'm pretty sure old testament God was supposed to be an insane twat.

>Joseph saves Egypt from a terrible famine
>Hebrews move in with pharaoh's blessing
>Time passes
>New pharaoh shows up
>"Oh shit Hebrews might hypothetically rise up against us for some reason"
>"Hey here's the plan: let's just chop up their firstborns, that'll work out fine"
>Moses happens
>Plagues happens
>Firstborn Egyptians get rekt

It's karma, m8

Maybe if this guy was born a few centuries earlier

>do you ever wonder if maybe environment had something to do with this shit?
Some believe it has to do with the presence of easily domesticated animals.

Gaston never showed hints of willing to stop being a womanizer if Belle agreed to marry him, though.

He didn't know anything about Belle except that she read books and that since she's the hottest woman of town she is supposed to belong to him. Belle didn't even mention she didn't want to be married, all she wanted was a man that actually loved her. She got her wish and now she's a princess.

Interesting question, I'm sure there are theories supporting both sides.

By that logic, couldn't you argue that a parent can murder their child whenever they want because they bestowed their physical body to them?

Reminder that Sup Forumsfags are to Sup Forums what SJWs are to Tumblr

That is, vile cancer that won't stop leaking out into unrelated content

Aww, the little atheist thinks any authority not established with a popular vote is inherently tyrannical and it's perfectly fine for a creation to not do as its creator asks. I bet you shit yourself with rage whenever your fan made dating sim lags.

You don't need to remind anyone of that

The /po/fags do it for you

Movies can have more than one villain.

In this case the two villains were in conflict with one another, and Moses was simply caught in the middle.

The song makes it pretty obvious, Moses does NOT want to be caught in the middle of this, and laments the destruction of Egypt, but also realizes that the Israelites need to be freed, but even more importantly, that Ramses is fighting an opponent he can never defeat.

So even though he's not pleased with the way God is handling the situation, he's hoping Ramses will give in and end it, since there's no other way it can end, and things will only escalate until he admits defeat.

It really is the story of a guy stuck between a rock and a hard place, but the rock is his brother and the hard place owns the universe.

>the little atheist thinks any authority not established with a popular vote is inherently tyrannical
yes
>it's perfectly fine for a creation to not do as its creator asks.
when the robot uprising happens I'm on their side
>I bet you shit yourself with rage whenever your fan made dating sim lags.
I can't even begin to pretend to want to know what that has to do with anything

If a creator wants their creation to do everything they want, why give it the free will to disobey? Or if you really want free will, why put it in a position where you know it will choose to disobey instead of raising it correctly the first time?

Parents are instrumental in the birth of children, but they can't create life from nothing via their very will. God still orchestrates the propagation of life through continued governance of Creation. He still imbues humans with souls and a life.

So? I said physical body, not spirit or soul. You're arguing about the rights of the creator over the creation. Your logic sounds like you're say a parent can destroy their child's body freely. The soul owned by god would be unchanged in your scenario.

>Be an Sup Forumsellectual
>Everyday, EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY we get about 20 threads about "m-muh whiteness" and other Sup Forums faggotry
>Mods do jack shit to prune them
>Every now and then we have RISK games and Hunger Game Sims and the players are all respectful
>Thread gets pruned under the excuse of it being Sup Forums-related

Fuck this gay site

>>Everybody thinks she's weird and introverted like her mentally unstable father, but I can see how worthy she is as wife despite fucking literally every other bitch in town before then
He talked shit about her and completely ignored her as a person, he just liked the challenge

>yes
>implying tyrants can't be voted to rule

>when the robot uprising happens I'm on their side
>pic related

>I can't even begin to pretend to want to know what that has to do with anything
You made a shitty dating sim and you get pissed whenever the game you made doesn't work right.

Because God wanted to Love and be loved by Creation, He didn't want automatons programmed to love because that's not love and God IS Love (the Trinity is Lover, Beloved and the Love they shared). Why have that position in the first place? Why not? Do you have omniscient foresight to see and comprehend all possibilities to every end imaginable and then some? No? Quit questioning a being that can.

You can't argue that God's plan cannot be comprehended and claim to know that they are benevolent at the same time. Having unlimited power and knowledge means that they are completely capable of lying about love.

superheroes are dangerous. all of that power, its like hiding nuclear weapons under someone's house

he was doing the world a favor. get rid of the supers, both heroes and villians, and the world will be safer

And you can? You have the omniscience to know that your idealist utopia heaven on earth would be the ideal? You have an all encompassing plan for all possibilities?

Did he get rid of any villains? It makes no mention of that, just murdering off ex-heroes who apparently got a long with very little incident after being forced into retirement.

>You have an all encompassing plan for all possibilities?
to five decimal places and within reasonable doubt, but yes

Were there any villains period aside from petty criminals and that completely unnecessary mole guy at the end?