JSA Storytime: Batman and the Outsiders

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Is that a flasher?

Other urls found in this thread:

xplainthexmen.com/2016/09/minicomic-madness-at-rccc/1-8/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lot of comics today. What was good other than the E2S metacommentary?

I slacked off big time this week. Only got to New Super-Man (the kids are cute).

I liked Superwoman, BoP, and Space BDSM: Rebirth.

Sinestro didn't get to be Gay with Hal.
I mean, he got a naked Guy, but it just isn't the same...

I haven't read The Good Shit TM yet but I was pleasantly surprised by RHATO and I thought Gwenpool was good. I tend to read what I have low expectations for first.

This was maybe my favorite comic today regardless: xplainthexmen.com/2016/09/minicomic-madness-at-rccc/1-8/

Going by the cover, GABY NO.

Inhumans ended with literally the least surprising twist of their entire franchise. the bad guy was Maximus

that was a parade of kinks and god bless EVS for making Guy crush the can on his forehead.

It's on the board so actually: This is just like, a nice Miles page right? It's what you like him for, it's Miles, it's not exactly Peter. No character deserves Bendis when someone is willing to write him like this.

Hello Storyteller.

RHATO continues to be surprisingly solid. Artemis telling Jason how and why he sucks is great. The banter between the two works out pretty well. I'm fucking shocked that Artemis seems to be acting pretty well in character, as if Lobdell of all people actually did some research.

>E2S metacommentary?
That was fucking savage.

are you shitting me?

Yeah, RHATO seems to be genuinely enjoyable this go around

mai waifu

I haven't been reading E2S at all but I had an exchange earlier in the week that piqued my interest, and there's just no way that's not a meta panel, goddamn

That was so dumb and so fuckin Guy

Humphries continues to be good in Green Lanterns. Simon and Jessica continue to be great together, and I REALLY hope they stay platonic.

Also, Grey Lanterns may be a thing now

HJGLC was surprisingly enjoyable today!

Deathstroke and New Super-man were both nice. I haven't gotten to Superwoman yet

But he was ultra gay FOR Hal, which is still important

It's a completely bare-faced meta panel too. It's rare to see an insult that direct.

RHATO has edgy anti-Trinity banter so far which is pretty much all I wanted from it. I'll still probably end up dropping it, but it isn't bad. I think I'll drop New Superman too, it's a little too predictable and safe for me.

>I haven't been reading E2S at all but I had an exchange earlier in the week that piqued my interest, and there's just no way that's not a meta panel, goddamn
it's literally the same thing we've been saying in these threads for what, a couple years now? it was pretty blatant

I would read Hawkuniverse religiously

You know how they did that thing where Atom shrunk down and had sword-and-sorcery adventures against like, a frog in a garden? Imagine that with all of those characters.

I love shit like that

What do you see it as?

Teeny tiny Hawks vs. Fairies

BOOMER IS DEAD

New Super-Man was best book of the week

Got Chinese Trinity bonding

Or just teeny tiny Hawks vs. an actual hawk.

From this angle, it kinda looks like Foolkiller.

I think Hawkman is yet another victim of Superfriends.
>"All Hawkman can do is fly! Superman can fly, so Hawkman is useless, hurr!"
Sadly, being a highly trained warrior doesn't really mean shit when you're in an action show where you're not allowed to hit anyone.

>Daily Life of Hawkman
>All crimes having been solved by Superman, an idle Hawkman is approached by American Apparel to model pants for them in a series of high profile shirtless glamor shots with blood-spatter

AND the Freedom Fighters of China!

I love that everything in the book is a Chinese knockoff of other stuff

Doom Patrol was okay, and I'm willing to go a couple more issues, but if the next couple aren't really good I'm probably gonna have to drop it

Hope it still does well though

Watch as Doom Patrol is miraculously not bought by 1% or even 0.1% of Gerard Way's twitter followers.

We need a Justice Society of China now. Because why the fuck not.

he has 1.5 million of them, maybe some of them will buy something

They'd be more likely to buy the trade desu

oh shit that'd be great

Honestly, with the ammount of people there's in China, there should be at least half as many superheroes as there are in the US.

>Just got back from my LCS
>they have the entirety of Morrison's Doom Patrol collected in single issues
>$100

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

They also had some old-school Legion runs and Trouble. Funny what you can find digging through longboxes.

Isn't that kind of the Great Ten?

And then the DCAU replaced him with Hawkgirl, and every subsequent adaptation has focused on her to his detriment.

>Legion of Super Heroes of China
>Teen Titans of China
>Shadowpact of China
>Young Justice of China
>Batman of China and the Outsiders of China
>Sovereign Seven of China

I can see the first trade doing well as some of his followers buy it and then the rest do shit, because they were just like "what the fuck is this"

NGL get the right person to write it and a book of mystical/spiritual Chinese heroes would be fucking awesome

I know marketing companies view twitter followers as a reliable metric, but

DeMatteis is big into Eastern mysticism and spirituality, I'd plug him for it if he'd want it.

Good evening JSA user.

Today I discovered that there is a non-zero number of students I teach who know who B'wana Beast is and think he is a cool character.

Today's been weird.

True, that actually sounds pretty great

JMD is good with that stuff, and I also really loved the deity fight club in Yang's Truth stuff

I guess it depends on if you want more mystic/spiritual stuff or actiony stuff

He does have a bit of a flattening tendency to make things fit his Babaist mold, though.

Winterfox

I'd be down with something paralleling old youxia rogues-and-corrupt-governors with modern day state control and corruption though.

awwww fuck yes

LOLOLOL

but then everyone would be a sociopath and the action would be choked in the purple prose

>>Legion of Super Heroes of China
That's not how that works, user. Although, there are at least two Chinese in the Legion. Dragonwing and Harmonia(at least I think she's Chinese).

I do kinda like the Teen Titans of China though.

I think the Great Ten qualify as their own thing.

Dang, Batman

Goofy Batman is no more

Batman's fucking hardcore now

Batman isn't particularly gun-phobic in this run. I like it.

>DC has changed plans for October's scheduled Wonder Woman #8, replacing the previously-solicited story by Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott being removed in favor of a "one-shot interlude" by Rucka and artist Bilquis Evely. Rucka said that this issue "arose very organically," despite it replacing the originally-intended story for that issue.

>"The ‘interlude' issue arose very organically out of the stories we’ve been telling in both 'Year One' with Nicola Scott, and 'The Lies,' with Liam Sharp,” said Rucka. "The opportunity to focus on Cheetah, on the origins of Barbara Ann Minerva, is one of those decisions that I think is going to add even more to what we’re doing.”

>DC goes on to describe this issue as "a tale that spotlights Cheetah’s past, young Barbara Ann Minerva is sent on a quest to find answers to the Amazons’ most ancient secrets!"

>It's not shooting someone if I use someone else's hand

>What was good other than the E2S metacommentary?
Couldn't tell you. Still catching up. Only had a chance to read Mockingbird and 'Tec.

Mockingbird's initial promise has not really payed off, turning into a book that's a bit too irreverent for it's own good.

As much ad I like the idea of side-stories spinning off from this, for fuck's sake use someone else Wondy's wheelhouse other than Cheetah for once.

I like Evely getting work that could lead to her getting a permanent fixture with DC. I don't care at all about the actual story or, honestly, Rucka's current WW run.

THAT BAT SIDE-EYE

that's a reaction pic

I love Evely a lot, but everything about this Cheetah has also been a fucking snooze

It's also the kind of thing you do at the end of an arc or in an annual.

>Barsoomian Adam Strange and Jungle Fury Ray Palmer team up

I would not be surprised to see Evely with a DC exclusive soon

Her art is lovely, she's a good fill in for Wondy but I'd like to see her on something more longterm like another mini

>tfw no Circe backstory

So was there a reveal to the promised 'puzzle box' in Mockingbird?

speaking of exclusive, Tynion got a DC exclusive

Glad to see Evely getting more work, but Rucka's Wondy run is such a snore. Biggest disappointment of Rebirth

I want her on LoSH, man. She made them look so good in that S&S mini. Failing that IDK. Could you resurrect Demon Knights? Amethyst? I'd love to see fantasy-ish stuff from her.

>THAT BAT SIDE-EYE
I love it when Davis draws Batman's pupils, it's great.

This. Diana has other rogues. Someone please use them.

>Tomasi
>Finch
Someone competent and/or not retarded, please use them.

What, you didn't like white Dr Poison?

Tynion is super meh and so this is dissapointing. I really don't understand why people are creaming themselves over his 'Tec

Is Tim actually kill?

I really don't understand why people are creaming themselves over King's Batman, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

well the book itself isn't hot garbage and the art is good, so 90s/00s nostalgia brings what would be "yeah this is okay" to "HOLY SHIT BEST BOOK 5EVER"

Just the exact same solicit but for Egg Fu or Minister Blizzard

nope, the BC spoilers were right. Mr. Oz collected him

Nope. Just presumed dead and kidnapped by Mr. Oz.

Tynion says he's a timfag, so it's unlikely. I haven't read 'tec so I dunno.

I really hated what he did with Kate Kane and her dad.

No, Mr Oz teleported him somewhere and it's where Doomsday and maybe other characters are like Superbro and NuLois

What did he do?

Huh.

>panel 2

Is Halo going to have TWO MOMS?!

Batman knows his tropes!

He's in Ozy's IRL Boys folder.