Welcome to the first world, Korea!

Welcome to the first world, Korea!

Other urls found in this thread:

koreabang.com/2012/stories/protestant-priest-urinates-on-and-defaces-buddhist-shrine.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They were a Third World dictatorship only a bit over 30 years ago, it takes time.

>52 hours is a short work week in korea
What the fuck. And I thought I had it bad with 45.

Now Introduce the World to KFD - Korea Fried Dog

>52 hours
>short

Now the country will enter decline. You have to work hard if you want to be the best.

Wtf lol. even North Koreans don't work that much

45 does still suck. I work about 50ish hours a week and it sucks ass. 30 hours a week, 9am-3pm is the best schedule i've ever worked. Trying to save money up so I can just work part time after I'm 40 or something.

Based Moon.

This is not a place for self portraits

Do you really think they're working efficiently with a 52 hour work week?

Most of the time spent at work like that will be unproductive.

It's best to have a very short, extremely productive work week. That way, you can actually have spare time to spend on hobbies and with your family.

40 hours a week is the maximum anyone should have to work.

>45
>I have a 35h weak and 2 month of per year

fuck, here's like 40 hours and people is dying

I think Korea is not even first world yet, but it's strange amerimutts criticize about other countries' labor system.
Korea is still better than US's slavery tier labor culture.

You don't get to decide that!

>68 hours
How?

At least post a duck

>english tutor
>complaining about labor
fuck off back to Sup Forums you obese weeb

I wonder how the figures compare to Best Korea. Internment camps aside, wouldn't surprise me if they average less

>mfw I have to work 37.5 hours a week

t. Tom the English teacher

Yes which is why they were able to become what they are today.

Koreas has surpassed Japan in every imaginable way. Your companies once the envy of the world can no longer compete with them.

Exploiting labor at the cost of your human capital's long term health is a recipe for short term concentrated success and long term disaster.

Feel free to work nearly 70 hours a week though if that's the philosophy you believe in.

>160 hour work month and 26 days of paid vacations not counting national holidays
Not bad

wew lad they have to enslave themselves working to have a slightly larger gdp per capita than Spain

I literally know americans who work 70 hours a week. It's common for lawyers and accounting/finance to work 80 hour weeks.
Also damn that's a clean train.

You don't seriously think that they actually work those full hours are you?

Here in Germany only a small minority of people actually works the maximum hours per week that are allowed by law.

What's it like being in a first world country? I hope to also have that experience one day.

Koreans work 40h/week+ and can legally do up to 12h of overtime + 16hours of work during the weekend depending on if their employers ask them to do it or not. 68h is the maximum number of hours that you can legally do, if you work full overtime and if your boss force you to do the 16hours of work during the weekend.

The new law suppress these 16h of work during the weekend, leaving only 40+12 = 52hours of work per week being the new legal maximum.

But it's important to understand that traditionally, after work, Korean salary men often go out with their boss to eat boulgogi and drink soju, as well as other activities. They are counted as working hours, therefore, even if it's true that the average Korean works a lot, they don't work as much as the figures indicate.

Moon suppressed these 16h and is also gonna increase the minimum wage by 16%.

It's important to understand that the reason Koreans were willing to work so much (besides the cultural specificities that cannot be overlook), is that the country's economy was growing so fast that minimum wages used to double almost every decades.
However, the two last conservative governments did very little for workers rights, and, now that Korean's economy is slowing down, people are not willing to make such important sacrifices.

>only a small minority of people actually works the maximum hours per week

What's the average?

In mosr developed places, ir is 40h or less.

ffs I work 9-5 and always feel as if I have no time to do anything I to relax during the week.

>Be s*Uth "Korea"
>be run by 8 insane feminists with a pseudoreligious movement based around them and Samsung at the same time
>have to work inhumane hours for hardly any pay by a "first world" standard
>less than 3 decades ago a literal dictator would execute you for questioning the "country"
>antagonize your only neighboring country by allowing a military super power to set up bases on your land
>your "culture" is so artificial that video game players are praised as national heroes and plastic surgery is considered the beauty standard
>an absolutely farcical version of free speech, anything the government or big corporations don't like will get you arrested or your platform shut down
>even with having the best internet on earth you aren't allowed to use it past 9pm until you're 21 because of the insane school system
>the school system is a fucking mess, children are mentally fucked by daily tests and ridiculous standards but most of them end up working a shitty salaried job despite this
>the good jobs, like semiconductor production for Samsung, require you to live in a fucking labor camp
>idol culture, enough said
>for some reason they're also Roman Catholics, what the fuck
Truly a blight on the earth.

>What's it like being in a first world country?
I've been to Austria once, it seemed quite nice.

Seriously?

allowed max: 48h
Normal: 35-40h

Never seen a company demanding 48h week in my life.

Yeah, 10% of South Korea is Catholic and that number is rapidly growing.

Like 30%

Nice, and I'm not even religious.

How?
WTF I love South Korea now.

>Never seen a company demanding 48h week in my life.

Y-yeah.. haha...

:(

You really deserve the you. Many yous.
Very very good post. That gives an answer to all my questions.

Thank you Franzmann.

black girls cannot be that cute

And a shitty IHDI.

>o you really think they're working efficiently with a 52 hour work week?
The amount of work that gets done compensates for some inefficiency. It is known.

>It's best to have a very short, extremely productive work week. That way, you can actually have spare time to spend on hobbies and with your family.
That depends on the person. I for example don't find happiness in a form of relationships or something like that, but in the feeling of having accomplished something.

>40 hours a week is the maximum anyone should have to work.
I can't do it. I get way too bored and lazy. But I do love my work, I love running around and making sure everything runs very smoothly. When I started my business I worked something like 80 hours a week, some of it being accounting, doing taxes, contacting people etc. It was quite tiring but after some time I got used to it. Even with 6-7 hours of sleep.

This means their suicide rates will also go down.

at least they actually produce things. spain is kept alive thanks to their tourism industry and germany.

Who cares? The way a lot of Koreans and Japanese live is just not human.

Being a theme park is way superior to surviving by producing things by all means. Even if I do have to say it's not for everyone to become one: the rest of my region is basically wasteland.
t. rich terrone

I work 10-11h per day. Luckily still don't have to work on Saturdays, but it's not uncommon here.

LITERALLY SLAVES

and lmao @ people thinking it will change anything

born to be slaves

IHDI is a meme. France's HDI is pathetic as is Spain's.
They keep their currency's value low so they can export the goods they create unlike Spain that cant make anything. How is your auto industry doing?

Turkey? More like "workey", am I right!?

koreabang.com/2012/stories/protestant-priest-urinates-on-and-defaces-buddhist-shrine.html

VARG WAS RIGHT

ㅎㅎㅎ 목사 ㅅㅂ 그럼 그렇지 개독 ㅂㅅ들 할 줄 아는게 저런것 뿐이지

>has surpassed
t.kimuchi Canadian

Well, no wonder why Korea's suicide rate is off the charts.

>kids go to school 12+ hours a day
>they enslave themselves working 12+ hours a day afterwards
I'd fucking hate being Korean honestly.

I work 60 hours a week, nothing wrong with that. Gotta make ends meet somehow

How the fuck do you manage to spend so much that you have to work 60h?
I work 37h and manage to save the majority of the money i earn.

He's a Sup Forums janitor.

finally the answer why catholics skyrocketed there so hard in the last year.

Really hard shit goes on there and people say Asians are civilized stiff and boring.

>Lazyuania

>and germany
They're the ones that fucked everything up so now they have to pay

Same here brother

Top kek.

>People calling Asians subhuman

Fug u guys

Go home

>Fug u guys

Fug you too, Asian.
We like your electronics and your women

but the rest of you can go fuck yourselves lol