What are some comics that I can give to my daughter for her sixth birthday? Any genre is fine...

What are some comics that I can give to my daughter for her sixth birthday? Any genre is fine. Preferably things that have trades.

Got her pic related so far, which was one of my favorites as a kid.

Other urls found in this thread:

girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php
goodokbad.com/kids/
comicsandcola.com/p/ive-been-meaning-to-put-together-list.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Six year old girl?
Thor: The Mighty Avenger
Marvel Adventures
Teen Titans: Year One
Bone (some parts might be kinda scary)

I forgot about Marvel Adventures. I have almost all of them packed away. Good idea.
Is TT: Year One actually good? I never hear anything about it.

I think it was fun. It's not the best story ever and definitely not a challenging read, but the art is beautiful and its definitely kid friendly.

>for her sixth birthday?
Ever read:
girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php

They sell collections.

There's also:
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (main character is, I believe, 9 years old and it's an 'all ages' book).
Squirrel Girl
Spidey (all ages set when Pete was still in High School)
Gotham Academy

>six year old girl
>reading about a supervillain that snorts cocaine and makes satanic sacrifices while naked

wut
Did you seriously give the fucking Golden Age to a six year old?

I'm not worried about things being "scary" or inappropriate. I'm not that kind of overbearing, sheltering parent. I've spent enough time with kids to know they're capable of handling nearly anything you throw at them, even moreso than adults sometimes. She really enjoyed it, and we had a nice discussion about the fucked up shit in it like parents are supposed to do. She really liked Alan Scott.

Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll look into all of them. Not letting her go anywhere near fucking Squirrel Girl though.

>I'm not worried about things being "scary" or inappropriate. I'm not that kind of overbearing, sheltering parent. I've spent enough time with kids to know they're capable of handling nearly anything you throw at them, even moreso than adults sometimes.

Well then fuck it, why not just give her Sandman.

Maybe I will. There are certain things I don't want to introduce yet, like Watchmen or other similar things. That kind of heavy psychological violence and sexual trauma are things I don't think she's equipped to comprehend yet, but I'm sure we'll get there before she's 12.

Is this really that unusual? Why do parents cover their kids' eyes and then expect them to live in the world? Do they not remember loving dark, violent, sexual shit as children? She's gonna look at that kind of stuff regardless of whether or not I want her to, so I figure I might as well keep an open dialogue about it and allow her to get a head start on some things. We've already explained in great detail how sexual reproduction works, for example, which I think might not be very common? Now I'm blogging, but whatever.

Perez's Wonder Woman. Get her the first omnibus that just came out.

Ooh I didn't know about the omni. Thanks. I'm gonna be reading that myself before I give it to her...

current or recent books that a young girl might enjoy:

marvel

ms. marvel
moon girl and devil dinosaur
spider-gwen
spidey

dc

batgirl (start with the 'batgirl from burnside' arc)
batgirl & the birds of prey
black canary's 2015 solo (i think issues 1-6 are in tpb format now, you'll either have to buy floppies or tradewait for the rest of it)
starfire's 2015 solo (same deal as above)
teen titans go! (there was an old comic based on the 2000s cartoon by this name, and a more recent one based on the current show)

>only comics starring girls

Do you work for Marvel? Girls like male superheroes too you know.

She's actually been reading Ms. Marvel since it began. Might check out Batgirl even though I fucking hate that she got uncrippled.

She actually hates Teen Titans Go (the show) so the comics probably won't do her much good.

Legend of Wonder Woman.

I think 6 is a little young for that. Even for the most precocious child, I wouldn't feel comfortable with them reading material like that till age 8 or 9.

Remember, it's not just your kid you need to worry about. Your daughter still has to socialize with everyone else. The other kids are talking about Disney and Spongebob and Teen Titans or whatever and she's talking about how daddy let her read a comic book where the superheroes rape each other and the supervillains all do lines of coke before they pull a heist.

I wouldn't want to be that dad.

Just to put things into perspective other retarded anons... 6 years old is fucking Grade 1 right after kindergarten, you're being less than skillfully rused

Year One is good but a bit violent. I think it's aimed at 8+.

How about Tiny Titans?

Jem and the Holograms is completely sfw except for very mild cursing like "hell" and a car crash scene. Also, any of the Archie reboot comics. Avoid Afterlife with Archie obviously.

Why not? They're nothing you wouldn't see in BTAS or JLU.

She understands pretty well that other parents are more restrictive of their kids' habits. Plus she still likes normal Disney and CN stuff. It's not like I lock her in a room with the Wolf of Wall Street and a bucket of meth. She's free to explore the types of things she wants to which ranges from MLP to Bayonetta. Her favorite movie last month was Zootopia, now it's the Raid. Variety is good. Exploring things outside of your understanding is healthy.

I really didn't mean for this to be a PROTECT THE CHILDREN thread.

Tiny Titans looks cute. I'll check it out.

The likely scenario is that OP is a pedo who has fantasies about hanging around with a little girl talking about comics.

Get Hilda and the Troll, Giants Beware or Zita the Spacegirl. Note that if they go down well you're committing to getting some sequels.

Further suggestions:
goodokbad.com/kids/
comicsandcola.com/p/ive-been-meaning-to-put-together-list.html

Thanks for those links. This thread has given me months, maybe years worth of gifts. Thanks guys.

Take your fetishes back to Sup Forums

If you'd rather she check out a bunch than have to wait to get them as gifts, try checking if your local library has any on offer. It's possible I'm just spoiled by mine and this isn't the norm, but I read 90% of the things on those lists for free!

Unfortunately my library is really shitty about stocking comics, and I can't be bothered to place a request. Plus I think it's nice to own something, forget about it, and rediscover it later when you're equipped to understand new layers to the story.

boys are icky and have cooties

>Powerpuff Girls (the older comics, not the reboot based ones)
>IDW My Little Pony
>Teen Titans Go (the 2000s comics)