Ed Edd n Eddy

Why didn't their parents just give them an allowance like all the other kids?

>Ed
Fucking stupid but that isn't his fault, typically well behaved. Sarah gets an allowance so it's pretty bullshit having that favoritism
>Edd
Most shocking of the bunch, confirmed to have a heavy chore workload, on top of being an exemplary child in academics
>Eddy
An asshole to the kids, but seems to be respectful of adults so probably didn't act that way in the house. Also pretty sure a few episodes imply he has chores too.

I'm not talking a huge payment either, like $1-2 a week. They are like 10 after all so to them that's a lot

>an allowance like all the other kids?
Must've been nice growing up in your white privileged house.

He means the other kids the the EE&E neighborhood. If they are all living in that same little block, their property values are basically equivalent. The establishes a minimum level of wealth or income for their neighborhood.

If the other families in the area can afford allowances, it a safe bet the Ed's should be getting some too.

Ed, Edd, 'n Eddy takes place in a middle class suburban neighborhood.

Yeah, it's weird. I got 20 bucks a week and when I went to college I found out that's apparently ridiculous. I was also one of the few that actually liked my entire family. Being an upper middle class white kid is great.

My birthday, Christmas and New Years were the only times I received money as a kid.

I don't think the show implies that they don't get allowances. they just blow through it off-screen.

They do get an allowance. They just spent in all on Jawbreakers and want more.

there was a few episodes where they mentioned getting some. i always assused they either blew it all in a day or something.

eddy seems the type to either always be in trouble or to get a really small allowance.

They do, it went like this
>EDs get weekly allowance
>blow it all on jawbreakers day 1
>the actual episodes we see are after they spent all their money and we're trying to get more

Also Ed frequently talks about other stuff he buys like comics and model kits, so other purchases could happen to.

I do agree though, part of an episode devoted to showing that they blow their money right away would clear this up

I got blowjobs from my mom as an allowance.

must be nice having a single mom

>Sarah gets an allowance so it's pretty bullshit having that favoritism
Newsflash: Sarah is a spoiled brat.

Pretty much this. Season 1-4 happen in June, July and August. It'd be boring just watching them eat jawbreakers, so we see the times they don't have money to spend

I had two moms.

So how much were jawbreakers? Early episodes state a nickel which I think makes more sense
>eds do scam
>make one quarter
>Ed and double D never protest that 25 cents would only buy a jawbreaker for Eddy

Did they both give you head?

At the same time.

JHGCKUTIV/BUVCLUTYIGHK Got any pics of your moms kuyfgougftdkulgh.mt

I don't get allowances either. Your parents pay for your clothes, food, health, etc. Why do they owe you money?

Eddy's parents are probably too cheap. Edd's are neurotic and Ed's don't trust him.

$20 a week is ridiculous. I got $5 a week and when I got to middle school my folks fell on hard times and couldnt afford to give me an allowance anymore

If I had to guess right now:
>Ed
Does get an allowance but spends it on monster memorabilia without thinking to save any for candy. Ed is too simple to make the connection and Eddy is too selfish to ask where he gets his toys and action figures.

>Edd
He does all the things a parent would want out of personal joy. He likely never actually asked for an allowance or less likely but possible, refused one for doing what he thought he should do anyway.

>Eddy
Parents are probably just like him and encouraged him into the scam behavior he has now. I think he mentioned his father owns a dealership and we know his brother's an ass, they probably told him to go out and earn his money like they did. Which like a sleazy car dealer, is making scams.

l would get money on holidays and birthdays
If l wanted more than that l would mow lawns

I like to think that there was an incident that led to all three getting their weekly allowances revoked.

Would've made for a neat episode.

It's not something they owe, but it's a good way to teach kids about...well, having money. If you get a set income per week you learn to set goals and save for things you want. Some parents ruin the concept by giving the kid anything they'd want to buy anyways, though.

I used to get 5 bucks a week, which meant getting a video game every few months if I was patient. Or, if I felt like a dumbass that week I'd go down to the 7-11 and waste all five dollerinos on a single bag of beef jerky.

This, allowances are about teaching life skills. Responsibility, money management etc. Don't do your chores and you don't get paid. You likely won't make enough in the first week to buy what you want so you gotta save up. Stuff like that. Trouble is, as it was said, most parents do it wrong, either by giving way too much for the task list, or by just spoiling the kid in general. All the kids under 15 you see with iPhones are prime examples

>parents suspended my allowance for a year after I racked up a huge phone bill
>supposed to teach me responsibility
>just taught me to go without, which led to a rather edgy worldview during my teens

Yea this is another issue, making punishments disproportionate. You fucked up with the phone, there has to be reparations for that. But a year is very excessive. I'm sure it really took a years worth of $1-5 allowance payments to cover your fuckup, but you would have learned better losing a months worth and then getting back on track.

Do phone companies even have shit like that anymore? Seems like with the smart phone era came unlimited everything except data as standard

I don't remeber where but in an interview Danny Antonucci confirms this

As a child growing up, I was spoiled and refused to do chores because in my eyes, I'm being asked to do more work than I had been for no gain. But if you told me that doing chores would allow me to build up enough money in say a month or two to buy a video game I'd have been much more open to it and developed better working habits.

Of course, my parents were also the kind that would refuse to let me spend Christmas money and make me save it in a bank. Boy it was disappointing when I found out my first paycheck would easily match my life time's savings and all of that was a waste of effort.

You'd think they would have done this. It's really grating not knowing exactly why they never have money but the other kids always seem to have plenty to toss around

are cul-de-sacs not like, the level right above trailer trash? I got the impression they were all poor hicks

>Why do they owe you money?
you do chores and shit. right? I did. My first allowance was making goddamn pennies. like seriously small below-dollar-amounts per individual chore, before they got sick of that. shit like unloading the dishwasher or taking out the trash, that didn't make much sense to pay much for anyway and didn't need done that often. I'd save that up to buy NES games.. in 1992. because whatever. I wanted a genesis. later got bribed with an n64 to play basketball. got a snes. whatever. ended up getting the n64 when dad couldnt find snes games in stores.
later on i got a proper allowance. the ol' traditional 5 bucks a week. Good shit. Just enough that if you save it up you can buy stuff with it. Got a lot of cool toys. earthworm jim, ronin warriors, beast wars.. christmases mostly took care of the power rangers stuff. and for that I was doing REAL chores. sometimes way too much but whatever. lot of sweeping, vacuuming, dishes.. but that was for 10 a month, so I could suddenly afford a LOT more shit. And she made dad pay it, because he owed her money? which he didn't like because he couldn't see the job i was doing. then again mom would also randomly deduct me money if a chore wasn't done because she had undone it (put more dishes in the sink, etc)
then my sister got all rebellious and not doing her chores, and mom decided to halve her pay and double mine. I pointed out to her that she was giving us collectively 25 instead of 20, but she was trying to teach her a lesson. didn't teach her shit. I bought fucktons of transformers.
gotta say though I envied kids like you that .. y'know, left the house.. and had places to go like 7-11s. I wanted that jerky and slushies. they just weren't around. not within walking distance.

Going off on a weird tangent but just imagine a strong blood bender who just uses it for the best boners ever.

No, in the series the cul de sac is fairly new, with some of it still incomplete. These are always filled by middle class families who are eager to get suckered into paying for a brand new house for 30 years. The trailer park is quite a distance from the cul de sac, but it's not unusual for a higher end housing area to be built next to trash, with the intention of slowing pushing the trash out to a less favorable part of town

Eddy was a fucked up money kid and honestly may not have been a good idea to feed that habbit

Double D may have just either not wanted to spend his money and kept in savings or his parents forbid him on spending his allowance on candy and things like that

Ed.

They took his fucking stairs away and he lives in a rotting basement with a tub full of gravy and sponges in the wall, I think his parents hope he starves to death.

I think really mild bloodbending would be adequate. Have you ever had priapism? it's really really no fun
I mean it might be more fun for her being penetrated by it.. it lasts longer even after you orgasm, yeah

I ALLOW you to eat all my food
I ALLOW you to breathe all my damn air

He has a point, even a basic list of chores doesn't pay for all the food kids eat and clothes they wear etc.

The real purpose of an allowance is a kids first taste of how the working world works. Because they sure as shit don't teach anything about money in public school

ohhhh okay. so it's not poor town, it's "nothing to do but hang out in the streets and doing drugs" town. only the drugs are jawbreakers. Yeah I lived in one of those briefly. it was really depressing. People moved in like "this property is gonna go way up in value, we'll all get rich buying these houses while they're still cheap!"
and in the meantime, no cable, nothing to do.. and you're trying to raise teenagers here.

in 2nd grade they taught us how to write a check and balance a checkbook
then they never, ever touched anything resembling real-life skills ever again
by the time i got my own checking account, nobody was using their checkbook register anymore, or even checks, except for mailing in some bills. everyone just used their debit card. i did too. and then filled out my register, because it was how I was trained. it was years before I started rounding.
it actually took going broke after years of financial success for me to stop doing it, because it was too depressing doing the math and finding out i had nothing, instead of 5 digits.

>writing checks
>in second grade
>a solid 9-10 years before someone that age would ever write a check

Of course I was pretending it was 20 years ago when people still wrote checks. Our education system really needs a polishing

it was 22 years ago, yeah.
our education system needs to be eliminated completely and started over from scratch. the legitimate value of it is so little it would be like if our military consisted entirely of cotton swabs and feathers
and I don't mean as weapons, I mean like, that's the entire military. inanimate objects.

but shit, I felt proud. and I did keep track of my allowance later, when my dad was briefly ... behind in paying it. it frequently got up to over 100, but I felt good giving him a loan. I continued to do that until, as I mentioned, I went broke myself. he makes whatever a guy who works at the post office for 25 years makes, he's just that bad with money. whatevs. it's cool. gotta look after your parents, man. then one day they move away and leave you to go move back in with their parents, and then it's like.. man.. i miss you.

Never got an allowance, but if I wanted to save up for something, I'd just stock up on lunch money while secretly taking home made lunches with me.

I did the same, or just didn't each lunch.
I saved up for some good shit back then, it's how I got some of my first Vidya, and how I got a shit-ton of Bionicle toys.

wait what? so you.. embezzled from your family's own food budget?

You didn't have a computerized lunch money system at school? I went to a ton of schools in a variety of neighborhood types, urban, rural, all of that, and only the very richest suburban middle school had you actually spend cash. everyplace else was automated

They're like drug addicts.

>parents give you few bucks for lunch
>instead of eating the toxic slop the schools pass off as food you stick it away

Doesn't seem unreasonable, personally I was rarely hungry at school so I didn't eat there. Just held on to the cash.

Depends on when he went, only recently did those get into full swing

it's rare a post makes me feel young
and wow, that must have been different. I was hungry every other hour of every day of the first 20 years of my life. Satisfaction was an extremely fleeting, temporary phenomenon. There was never enough food, never enough time to eat. Always had to have snacks on me. like fuckin' the Master in that christmas special.
when my metabolism finally slowed down it was hard to get out of the habit of always keeping an eye out for a new food source. realizing i didn't NEED to mooch second helpings off something people brought to work anymore, because I was done growing.

>Why didn't their parents just give them an allowance like all the other kids?
THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT RIGHT IS TO GET IT WRONG

Life lesson right there

>he doesn't get it right the first time every time
I guess we can't all be prodigies

They were too American to beg for handouts like dogs.

>They took his fucking stairs away and he lives in a rotting basement with a tub full of gravy and sponges in the wall, I think his parents hope he starves to death.

Man, I never thought twice about that but now that you mentioned it, that's fucked. It was supposed to be a gag but still cruel.

What country did the show take place in? I always assumed somewhere in Canada because the actors/creators are Canadian, but everyone sounds more like an American to me.

Except Rolf, of course.

>Show about working hard to earn a living.
>No imposing authoritative figures making life suck (adults).
>Nobody is a wuss and relies on their own means to get through the day.
>Kanker burgers.
>Appeared in that Nicolas Cage 9/11 film.
It's as American as you can get.