Hollywood had a record 15 big-budget flops so far this year

>So far, this year has included roughly the same number of hits as 2015, but many more flops and moderate disappointments. Some movies that fell short of studios’ big expectations are “The Huntsman: Winter’s War,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows,” “Independence Day: Resurgence,” “The Legend of Tarzan” and “Ghostbusters.”

>Most of these movies cost more than $100 million and some close to $200 million. There have been 15 big-budget disappointments or flops so far in 2016, compared with eight at the same point in 2015.

>“In order for all these pictures to reach a healthy return, the box office would have to expand 20% to 30%,” said Adam Goodman, a producer and former head of production at Viacom Inc.’s Paramount Pictures.

>Box office in the U.S. and the top 10 foreign markets is up 1% so far this year to just over $18 billion, according to comScore.
wsj.com/articles/rising-box-office-masks-glut-of-big-budget-film-flops-1471192593

It's over, the biggest industry run by jews is finished.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0
variety.com/2016/film/news/tetris-movie-trilogy-1201805092/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>make shitty propaganda films with no substance
>surprised when they fail
Who could have possibly predicted this!

Entertainment has come to a halt

>industry makes shitty rehashes and sequels

Hmmm, wonder why they keep flopping. Maybe do something FUCKING ORIGINAL .

maybe they'll focus on making good movies. Deadpool is the second highest grossing R rated movie of all time, behind Jesus' snuff film

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I'm sure Netflix has had a big roll in this. Why would I want to go out and see some shitty new movie when I can watch a movie in my bed or binge watch my favorite TV show. Seeing as a netflix subscription is as much as a single movie ticket per month and you can bring your own food and drinks, it's a way better deal.

>Ghostbusters
>big expectations
Fucking kek

>>make shitty propaganda films with no substance

This of course. I noticed over a decade ago that nearly every fucking movie just felt like a vehicle for some progressive agenda.

This is the only good movie I have seen in theaters in years.

Thoroughly enjoyable, would buy and have my future children watch.

Sexist shitlord

ID4R was not a propaganda film but alot of them were. ID4R is an interesting film sto study why it flopped since it could be a number of factors but the origin of those factors is whats interesting.

add Butt hurt to that list
youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0

Also the only thing feminist took away from this movie was: " REEEEE WHITE PEOPLE VOICE ACTING ASAIN CHARACTERS THIS MOVIE ISN'T ETHNICALLY PUR- I mean.... IT NEEDS DIVERSITY!"

So if it does well in the box office, it will trigger SJWs.

this. we are literally living at the end point of western culture, not even shitty entertainment can be made anymore let a lone art.

>end point
Low point. This shit is cyclical. We will experience a "modern dark-ages" and then recuperate in 300 years.

Should've stuck with what people want.

Rabbits.

did Batman v Superman count as a flop? That film was bretty good, the jews did a fine job on that one

Why would I go pay to get feed leftist morals when I could stay at home and watch anime for free?

It was a critical flop

truly samurai is the greatest ally

>Batman v Superman
this movie was ass, its all black and grey cant see shit. why a big budget to literally see nothing>?

>we will recuperate in 300 years

Well that's a little late for me, don't you think?

only racists watch anime. there is not enough diversity in anime for it to be considered art.

People love shitty propaganda films tho...

There shouldn't be 100-200 million dollar productions when all they are is fucking sequels or remakes. It's like before New Hollywood where they thought the public only wanted to watch musicals.

Movies are only being made based on what marketers want. You might be gven a little leeway to test the waters but your leash is going to be tight. But they've shit the bed, failed in both producing and advertising their shitshows. Not even their target audience wants to shell out money to see their movies.

Jews look at popular things of the past am try to profit off of it believing there's a fan base big enough to profit off of.

>2016
>Giving 100 million budgets to prodice movies off of irrevelent IPs such as Tarzan, TMNT, Star Trek, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Ghostbusters
>Topkek

Hollyjew doesn't care, they always try to use someone else's money.

Considering that shitty movies have gotten neither better or worse, I have to conclude that people are running out of disposable income.

End times boys.

variety.com/2016/film/news/tetris-movie-trilogy-1201805092/

Are you implying the Tetris Trilogy which just got 180m for the first movie isnt based? The trilogy is based off the video game in a grimdark dystopian cyberpunk future as the producer says.

Maybe because people are tired of shitty remakes or Capeshit Movie #543

Get some originality, for Christ sake. People have the Internet now, if a movie is shit they'll either not watch if after reading reviews or just pirate it.

Mainly through Marvel movies, Disney has raised the standard for decent popular movies. These Jews have been making the same trash films for years now, just nowadays people have experienced somewhat acceptable movies and no longer bother with the shitty cash grabs.

>“The Huntsman: Winter’s War”
>“The Legend of Tarzan”

Never heard of them

>“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows”
>“Independence Day: Resurgence”
>“Ghostbusters”

Fucking everyone knew these were going to be flops from the moment they were announced.

This tbqh