youtu.be/s2-sDeavkqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Polacks are subh--

>-umans

Stop sucking Piotrs cock. The Witcher is shit uezs

-ns

ny.
Yeah. I hate germany

This. I like open world games like Skyrim. It feels liberating to do what I want instead of being forced into some plotline which isn't interesting.

>there is nothing of value coming from eastern eur--

witcher is fucking trash

>turks are not white and bas-

(you)

uh, wrong picture, sweety

wow let's just clean the cave out of bandits and do this awesome quest where a dude tells me about artifact lost for 5 thousand years and it's locations shows on my map, and it's protected by a scaled level draugr!!!

he's right though
witcher 3 has decent cutscenes and voice acting, but when it comes down to game mechanics and gameplay then it's fucking trash

the fuck is this? is it this new half life 2 fan game?
i heard it's a terrible trash and also uses stolen assets

Skyrim is also shit. Oblivion is even worse.
Morrowind was quite good

>germans are whi-

best memories

good things about w3
>atmosphere
>graphics
>positionin based fight mechanics
>open world
>crones/red baron

bad things about w3
>leveling system
>mary sue adoptive daughter
>boring sauron end villain
>muh mages are being discriminated subplot
>no saskia
>not possible to kill phillipa

witcher 3 has great swordplay, it's easy as fuck when you learn to use quen sign, but still it looks and feels very good, theres no other game with such great combat animations
main story was average but side quests are very interesting, and both the addons are 10/10
tell me the Geralt vs Olgierd von Everec fight isn't atmospheric as fuck
youtu.be/AwY_4ckdGuo

>protestants are good gu-

i agree with you
however i did not really like the witcher 3 open world, i think the one in Kingdom Come Deliverance is way better, here we have an empty forests filled with bandit camps and monster nests, but i have tk admit there were some atmospheric places like dark deep forests with Leshen hidden somewhere

>atmosphere
>graphics
>crones/red baron
agree

>positionin based fight mechanics
I don't even understand what it means
I completed entire game on death march by just spamming quick dodge (which makes you invincible) while keeping quen up without breaking a sweat
the only "challenge" the game offers is not getting bored to death while killing everything with geralt's invincibility
>open world
which just means GPS simulator, there is no exploration or secrets because everything is already highlighted on your map, so you end up simply following the "go there you dummy" arrows
I agree with all bad things except
>not possible to kill phillipa
you mean "not possible to fuck phillipa"

Leave witcher kino to me

based

Haven't come to play Kingdom Come yet, so I sadly can't compare those

>I don't even understand what it means
To be good in Witcher 3, you must think strategically and take care how you position your character. This is especially true if you fight multiple opponents, otherwise you will get encircled and die.

idris elba would make great fucking witcher

>i hate sloven-

r-right?

dude I completed the game on highest difficulty without breaking a sweat
you can't get encircled because quick dodge (alt button on keyboard if I remember correctly) grants you invincibility and consumes no stamina so you can just spam it and not take any damage ever

Gothic wins

I agree that Witcher 3 is not incredibly demanding when it comes to skill level, but it still gives you an enjoyable challenge, when compared to something like Assassin Creed, where enemies only attack one at a time and you can kill everybody with counterattack

the best thing about gothic, that literally almost no new game has, is that you are completely noone
you are not a chosen one(well you are but nobody knows), not a dragon slayer from legends, game doesnt put you in the middle of events from the start, you gotta go play around first, talk to people, make some connections, do shit quests like working on a farm for Lobart before people start taking you serious
and basically any monster can kill you at the beggining
the first 10 character levels are hard as fuck(at least for people who didn't complete the game 20 times like me and don't know some useful tricks)
character progression is satisfying as fuck and you have to plan it, because if you use all the bonuses like strenght potions or stone tablets with attribute boost too soon, you will never make a really strong character in the end
i completed g2 like a month ago and my absolutely maxed character had 230 strenght
some people who don't know ths game might have problem reaching 160 strenght

I think the best part about gothic games is the beginning where you are a nobody and have to get some fame and rise in the ranks of the bandits/knights/mages.
Later one, you become a generic chosen one who has to save the world from a demon/dragons, that part is a bit boring to be honest

the only "challenge" I found in witcher 3 is not getting bored to death while fighting against much higher level enemy because you need to hit it for 30 minutes straight if the level difference is significant
on the other hand you have games like KC:D or even Gothic where combat is quick, decisive and requires focus instead of mindless dodge spamming

Fair enough. For me as a casual player, it was just the right amount of challenge

Guys screencap this thread a miracle has happened
Poles and krauts actually get along.

What do you mean? Us Mitteleuropeans always go well together.

This

Skyrim was somehow boring

some useful gothic 2 starting tips for you:
go with Lares to the dark forest near khorinis(night of the raven stone circle quest) and when you are in the forest, theres shitload of strong monsters there, but Lares keeps to the main road
hit him with a bow/spellscroll and he will start chasing you, just lure him into monsters, let him hit you so he will knock you down, and you can lie on the ground and watch him massacring orc elite and wargs for your
do the same when Lares guides you to the water mages location, there are even fire lizards behind one of the pyramids, Lares is OP and he will kill everything and you get the EXP

buy dragonsnapper transformation scroll from Zuris(there is only 1 in the first 3 chapters as far as i know, you won't find more), go to the farms in the east, transform and run around the forests behind Sekob, Onar and Bengar farms killing everything because dragonsnapper is fucking OP, you can even kill the shadowbeasts and maybe even troll if you're good enough

easy level 15 in first chapter before even going to Jarkendar, and level 25 after Jarkendar, then your character is so pumped that you dont even need to use the safe pass to valley of mines, you can just massacre the orcs on the way

damn i love this game

Have you played Risen? It is basically a Gothic reboot

yep i did
Risen 1 is pretty cool but the game without the gothic nameless hero isn't the same, and this game also doesn't have the famous polish voiceovers made by cdprojekt
Risen 2 and 3 are pretty meh, mainly because they have terrible combat, even worse than gothic 3
Risen 1 was kind of closer to gothic 1 and 2 with it's world, mechanics and story, even though this game looks exactly like gothic 3

>wanted to replay gothic 3 after long years
>still can't keep solid 60fps and the stuttering when exploring map fucking kills me

AAAAAAAAAAA i have a fuckin i5-4670k and gtx 970 and run the game on SSD drive with latest community patch and this is still not enough for this shit engine
how could germans fuck up so badly after brilliant gothic 1 and 2?

Gay thread

hey watch the video if you're interested
this is about how gothic influenced and even in some way funded witcher series
there are german subtitles
youtu.be/s2-sDeavkqU

thanks bro, i am gonna watch it

Why did the PlayerKit patch remove the falling glitch? Jumping down the mines and landing on the bottom without taking a scratch is the best part of the game!

fuck me the jumping from not-so-high places in gothic is frustrating sometimes
>yeah this doesnt look too high i can totally land without taking any damage at all
>*fucking dies*

this game taught me to save every 30 seconds and it didnt even have quicksave feature

I was unable to find Gothic 2 after hearing all the hype, but i did find a good torrent for 3 by GOG. He does good simple shit. Anyways, why does no one talk about 3?

>I was unable to find Gothic 2
Took me 3.4 seconds.

Well fuck... should i download 2 instead of 3? I just don't know what to expect from these games but i like ES 3 Morrowind and this sounds interesting.

User error. It seemed weird to me too but i saw 3 and went with.

i would rather suck bloody aids dick than play gothic 3 again
gothic 1 & 2 in other hand are fucking amazing

What did they change to the game that made it so bad. I already downloaded 3 but now i guess i'll get 2 as well.

According to the comments they couldn't get it to work.

check out a website called goodolddownloads
this site belongs to the famous kickasstorrents uploader from the times when it was a good site - mercs213
this dude uploads every single GOG game in parts to servers like MEGA and Google Drive, especially google drive is great

play Gothic 1 first or you will have no idea what is going on
also don't forget to install Playerkit and SystemPack, they make the game playable on new Windows systems, these patches might be already built in GOG release but im not sure

Gothic 1 is great, Gothic 2 is the best, and Gothic 3 is, well, not a very bad game but bad gothic, and it has serious performance problems even today

everything that made gothic 1 and 2 good weren't included in gothic 3. it's like the developers forgot how to make games when they made that stinking pile of shit.
only good thing about that game is the music, but even it feels out of the place and can get repetitive at times.
anyways, you should play gothic 1 first, because the story of gothic 2 begins right at the end of gothic 1 and both of them are almost identical gameplay-wise and graphically.

Gothic 3 wasn't that bad, but was dissappointing as a gothic 2 sequel
this game was really impressive back in 2006, no loadingscreens, huge fucking map and smooth transition between Myrtana, Varant and Nordmar, this felt so great and better than Oblivion
but yeah, it has lots of bullshit
trash combat, stupid explanatiom why hero lost all of his skills and equipment for no reason, performance which is shit even on modern SSD, CPU and GPU and DDR4 RAM, fuckin stutter still happens
not to say about bullshit like dragons randomly placed in some caves

Forgot to say - if you''re going to play Gothic 2 don't forget to install the DX11 renderer mod
not only it makes game look great, but also will give you a lot better performance, because modern GPUs struggle with DX7 which gothic uses
this mod is a must have now

Gothic 1 and 2 might look the same at first but there are serious changes in some mechanics between the games
i loved how they deleted the bugged ladders and the old Xardas tower in valley of the mines now has stairs where the ladder was
there is also significant change in leveling, the amount of points needed for a attribute points learning is not fixed in gothic 2, but keeps rising, Acrobatics don't exist as a separate skill but are activated when your character has 90+ dex and many other minor changes
also the graphics in g2 is significantly better even tho you may not notice at first

I'm there now, but why separate these games in parts? Does it make it easier to download? I deleted 3 after reading all these comments. I did download fallout 2 and I'm about to check that out too.

-ns
-uman
Both of these games suck cocks

Central, you achievement stealing monkey

some games are too big to be uploaded in just one file to a server like MEGA or Google Drive, so they are divided into parts with WinRar
you need to download all parts, have them all in same location and unpack the first part, winrar will find rest of the parts by itself

Come to think of it, a nigger Geralt would be perfect. The distrust and resentment common folk feel for him in fiction simply because he looks different than them would be recreated irl. True kino

Kekd

When will they finally release Skywind FOR FUCKS SAKE

good taste