Why a swimsuit, tho? It makes no sense

Why a swimsuit, tho? It makes no sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3BXP5XAkPt4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't think capeshit is supposed to make sense to begin with. I always liked superhero outfits though because how much it highlights the human form.

This is why
youtube.com/watch?v=3BXP5XAkPt4

does it have to?

More than half of female superheroes costumes are swimsuits

To go with the deep plot and riveting stories involving female leads

I prefer her non-swimuit outfit more desu

Superheroes are supposed to be ostentatious, even exhibitionist. The aesthetic was built around circus performers and professional wrestlers, not law enforcement or military. The "sense" is that it's eye-catching.

to distract the enemies

great video. I love the whedon dig at the x-men movies. when I watched it the first time I didn't get it but watched it this year and actually laughed

8 out of 10 female super heroes don't make sense in the slightest and would end up knocked out and raped in a alleyway. why is it the super thin skin tight cloth not covering a few inches of skin the part that triggers you all so hard?

patrician taste desu

>It makes no sense.

Nothing about comics makes sense; if you want "sense", read "Goofus and Gallant".

Interestingly, people tend to forgive costumes that don't look like total dogshit.

Because Bruce Timm thinks with his dick

This was so fucking stupid.

nah, people like to show off their muscles. Guys will wear tight shirts or no shirts and women will wear something that shows their stomach

Because if capefags don't get their fapping material then no one buys anything.

>one looks like a prostitute at a halloween party
>other looks super generic

Because 14-year-old male nerds and 30-year-old neets.

And yet there are tons of costumes that do look like complete shit but they don't have skin showing so they are "good".

>>>/tumblr/

Get the sand out of that gash in your taint you call a Vagina.
Her full body costume works well.

Why not?

This is true. Ever since i started working out years ago i've tried to walk around shirtless for whatever reason.

It's actually pretty hard to come up with excuses to show your naked torso. You guys have no idea. People just tend to use clothes too much.

great costume wasted on a boring character

Cape characters aren't cops, firefighters or military.

They're vigilantes. They choose to do that shit for thrill. They like to show off by wearing colorful and gaudy costumes. They're fetishists.

Why would a woman decide to fight crime without becoming a cop while using a "costume"? Ask yourself that.

it's not hard. Just walk outside. You only have to put on a shirt when you go inside to shop or resteraunts. even nightclubs don't care if you aren't wearing a shirt most of the time.

>No head protection
>No eye protection
>taking a small single hand, single shot crossbow and a stick into a gun fight

11/10 costume though right, at least her skin is covered. The skin tight cloth is sure to protect her.

>when your boobs defy gravity
>even when you're upside down
This is why people make fun of comics.

It's a comic book, nothing needs to protect her but plot. Practicality shouldn't affect a character unless they're heavily based around being "grounded" and "practical" and even then it should only inform good designs. It's not like it's ever actually practical anyways
It's a better costume because it's a better design.
Powergirl's Boobwindow leotard is better than the dozens of monstrosities that they tried to replace it with because it's a better design.
This doesn't have shit to do with how much skin is showing.

>11/10 costume though right, at least her skin is covered

Thank God we've gotten to this. Remember, if you dislike one cheesecake costume you dislike them all.

Huntress' costume is stupid and ugly. This does not mean I dislike every cheesecake costume, because as an adult there's thins thing you use called "context" wherein you use your big boy brain and decide whether or not you like a costume on one character or another on a case-by-case instead of making sweeping blanket statements which is literally the argument style of children.

They make fun of comics for other reasons too, most of which are just shit they made up based off of out of context capeshit anyways. They're of no import.

I want to do it casually. I don't people to think i'm showing off or that i'm some sort of manwhore.

He obviously just drew her right-side up, and flipped the page around to draw the rest.

>muh context
whatever, cow. It's hot and that's reason enough.

the costume is still fucking ugly. take your shit "intellectual" taste and fuck off back to >>>/tumblr/

>It's hot

Not really. Catwoman's costume is hot, Huntress just looks like someone took a normal costume and cut random chunks out with scissors.

It looks like a bad slutty Halloween costume.

>8 out of 10 female super heroes don't make sense in the slightest and would end up knocked out and raped in a alleyway

What? How? Please tell me how Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Power Girl, Jessie Quick, Starfire, Wonder Girl and so on would be knocked out by common thugs. Even Batgirl and Huntress are master martial artists.

Don't even fucking say that "durr they can't be that good at martial arts it's impossible" because by that stupid fucking logic every Robin and even Batman would be stabbed to death or shot five minutes into their first night out.

Stop pulling these random numbers out of your ass you retarded casual.

You're a boring character.

It's almost as if it's fantasy fiction where impossible things like people flying without propulsion or magic gadgets that can hack computers by being in the same county as them exist

I find it hot. What now, nigger?

That was the entire point genius.

I think you're wrong, double nigger.

Welcome to the Internet.

You're complaining?

Rowr.

That's the thing about aesthetics. They're always subjective. At the very worst, the costume is just not for you. It's not supposed to go further than that.

If I had a hot body, I would want to show off too.

i'm pretty sure the point is that non of this shit is believable.

and outside of wonder woman non of them would last a second without magic or superpowers fighting a room full of people while dodging a hailstorm of bullets the way huntress and batgirl do. karate be damn. karate doesn't suddenly allow someone of their size to magically take punches that would drop grown men like it was nothing and dodge bullets. and yeah most of the robins would get fucking rekt'd as well but we were talking about females.

tldr: non of the shit is believable stop being a faggot about how huntress's costume isn't realistic.

A fatty like you wouldn't understand

No they don't
They made fun of comics, because the stereotypical comic book reader was obese and unkept

Trust me, you wouldn't.

then just do it. I do. I just think shirts are uncomfortable, so whatever.

go away sarkeesian

Did you think this post was insightful or something? That's literally implied by the subject matter. You are the one taking hyperbole further than its intent.

I'll ask this here: Has E2 huntress met New52 huntress?

no idea
its funny, my oc did it because she had no other outfit and was just trying to be a hero, so a one piece swimsuit worked. others make fun of her for it because, lets face it, its just a swimsuit, not a real hero outfit. its something an amateur would do, not a seasoned hero.

I don't really mind skimpy costumes designed to be skimpy but taking a full body costume and cutting out pieces for the hell of it is poor design. And the same goes in reverse, you can't just add pants or sleeves to a costume to a leotard shape without throwing things off too much. You have to create specifically around a shape.

Poor parenting

Not that I know of but E2 did meet Damian

Wasn't it only Bertinelli who wore the bikini suit?

They are the same. . .

Puritan scum the the fuck out of my Sup Forums

oh, I don't know, cause it's easy to move around in

Thanks to JLU this will always be the iconic costume for Huntress.

Not a swimsuit, it's a leotard.

I'm trying to think of a time Wayne wore it, but I really can't, shit.

God bless Ed Benes.

you're a leotard

It's obviously a multi-purpose tactical garment that gives her ample flexibility and mobility.

The Huntress bikini costume is not a leotard. No one with any sense calls a leotard a swimsuit.

sports bras are swimsuits? God the boys on this board are fucking dumb. When you fight you need to sweat and vent heat, do you people actually think people could fight in a full latex or leather suit? No, they would die of heat exhaustion.

Knowing is half the battle

>That's the thing about aesthetics. They're always subjective.

Well, although this is true, some people have objectively shit taste, like you.

the 2 piece makes sense, it's the one with the stupid tummy hole that i hate. i think that one's jim lee?

I bet you have a lot of friends and are a big hit at parties.

Pay attention to the post I replied to. He posted a leotard and tried to argue it was the same thing. If you wanted to say Huntress's costume is a sports bra with shorts rather than a bikini then you should have said that but posting a picture of a leotard doesn't do that.

But again practicality doesn't really matter (and one could easily argue that it's different for fighters who aren't going up against gunfire) since we're talking about fiction and the protagonist isn't going to die because of a flaw in what they're wearing. The problem with that Huntress costume is that it is literally just her previous one with fabric cut out which makes it look unfinished. You can't take a full body costume and edit it like that. You have to start the design process over.

>that subscript
fuck, I love you Sejic

why not? People get clothes and cut away parts all the time. especially the 80s and 90s

Goyer pls go

Sejic is god.

Again I'm not talking about practicality. Whether or not she could cut up her uniform in-universe is irrelevant.

I'm looking at pure design. I think it's several aspects really that make it look off. The cowl fully covering her neck, sleeves and boots being too long. I wonder if the cape going over the shoulders might be an issue as well. It's hard to really pinpoint everything. But the overall effect is looking like something is missing rather than a costume that's specifically meant to show some skin. It just looks bad to me.

Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

Calm down, slut. It's just a calm discussion.

They obviously just colored her flesh to make that into a full-body costume. Quietly drew the swimsuit look

And no ab definition drawn on.

But is somehow ok when Japan does it

In other words, you're autistic.

Literally all of that applies to Batman

All super heroines should dress like this.

Not that guy, but Batman has a thing going on that makes his suit work thematically.

I know, that was my subtle joke.

I would want to though. Despite my timidness, I am quite vain.

They used to.