Could a comic about a man who is transformed into a female superhero work in today's marketplace or would it be too...

Could a comic about a man who is transformed into a female superhero work in today's marketplace or would it be too controversial? I mean considering how hypersensitive a lot of publishers have become about potentially offending anyone in any miniscule way there's a lot of pitfalls with such a concept

Other urls found in this thread:

tgfa.org/index.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're on drugs user. We literally have gender WTF characters on kids shows, like Stevonnie and that Shezow shit.

Oh yeah, but I mean as in an adult examination, not kiddie stuff.

Well yes, it's not like comic shops can refuse to buy from Diamond.

>I mean considering how hypersensitive a lot of publishers have become

Just publish with an actual right-wing publisher, though those might just shoot you for trying to expose them to the cooties instead.

Shamefur dispray, OP, you have offended people. Blacken your wife.

There's a freaking kid's cartoon about just that.

It depends, was it biological or magical?

magical as far as i recall, i think reincarnation had some part in it.

Reincarnated as a woman but retained the memories of all his past lives.

Lukasz's "reincarnation" was totally fucked up. He wasn't properly reborn as a new person. It was more like he was a fucking body thief. Jumping into people and stealing their lives.

This poster is correct. The Archimage forcibly recincarnated his knights into other people, effectively killing the original person and displacing their mind with the knight's. Lukasz was the first to be reborn as a woman, though (Although Thanasi also did it after him).

But he was forced into that

men turning into women always become sluts

The guy who was permanently turned into a woman by the Dial H didn't turned into a slut. He lost his powers, got raped by his best friend, and had to become a stripper, but he wasn't a slut.

There are as many hypersensitive right-wingers as there are hypersensitive left-wingers: they're just hypersensitive about different things.

>Has never read Promethea.

I guess you could get away with it if you go all examination of traditional gender roles and shit. Probably have a better chance at Image or some publisher that is known for doing offbeat comics. Marvel or DC would probably fuck it up.

Also,in this specific instance, Mantra would never be taken serious as an examination of gender roles because her costume exposes (ha!) it as a fetish comic.

Dial H did it, but that was more a broad lol view of the body horror/ disassociation of a transforming hero.

The controversy would fuel sales, so as long as they didn't try to address the controversy and just wrote what they felt was good or meaningful, it could be great.

If Morrison's Doom Patrol or that one Sandman arc with the trannies and lesbians came out today, Tumblr would be up in arms, despite the stories being just about what the characters go through and feel and makes no statement about whether it's "right" or "wrong" and doesn't try to sugar coat it. Social media didn't exist back then for people to have tantrums over, and in all honesty nobody cares about those people except themselves and the handful of people that pay attention to them just to make themselves mad.

Small reminder that, before social media, people, including lgbt types, built their own websites:

tgfa.org/index.htm

There was an issue where Guy Gardner of the JLI was turned into a woman.
Also Guy Gardner's mind was put inside a female clone in the JL3000 recent biz.

Also there is DC's Earth 11 which is basically a genderswap universe.

Well, we have had female characters with male personas.
Although those never really work in animation unless you go full Dominator with voice distortion and huge armor.
Shezow is the opposite, but it's also a shit show that made a potentially idenyity-questioning experience into a series of cooties jokes.
Steven Universe channels his mom, in a way, but he only takes on female traits when fused with female characters.

The sad truth is that it hardly ever makes sense to disguise a guy as a chick because that's never been the expectation for heroes or villains.
So it's always gonna be a forced transformation scenario, especially since feminism insists on how terrible it is to be a woman.
And there simply is no advantage, really.
You can only go with a few angles, as I see it, and none of them too savory, if you want this change to matter at all.

The only real way I see a male character taking on a female persona work without going all gender analysis would be a shifter type who creates several personas and a female one takes off, dragging the character into an ongoing charade that later leads to questions of identity and who you are if you can be anyone.

Here are some images of it

I have no idea how big this image actually is cause on phone at work.
So if it is actually for ants, sucks for y'all.

Imagine this:
A character who is female on the left side, male on the right side
He is literally sewn together from two pieces of two corpses

How would that sit with you?

>implying it hasn't already been done
git gud fgt

That's bullshit and it physically wouldn't fit, either. Also, the issue of half genitalia.

I have very little idea of what is going on in that second frame.

That is such a terrible idea. And such an ugly execution.

OK, what's going on here?

Do Villains count?
If so there was Modeus, mad supervillain who was basically Plutonian's Lex Luthor.
Except he was legit secretly in love with Plutonian, and ended up transferring his consciousness into a woman the Plutonian liked in order to fuck him.

Shezow exists

JL3000

In 1000 years in the future, the galaxy is in peril from future evil guys.
The solution, bring back the legendary Justice League, by cloning their DNA and transferring their consciousness into new hosts.
1000 of misinformation and bugs in the cloning make the JL back but not 100% their former selves.

It is a fun enough run. Done by Giffen so it is like another JLI run, but in the future.

Wasn't that part of Cyber Six or something?
Or am I remembering wrong?

More like vigilante babe hiding as a dude alter ego.
But close enough.

It's somebody's fetish etc etc

Her disguise is so bad.

It was more explicit in the comic than in the cartoon.

What's the deal with this slut?

it could do gangbusters even with the tumblrina crowd if you accept the conceit that he still holds himself a man even in his "female form" and gets pissed whenever anyone calls him a woman

Goddamn I want to fuck Gal Gardner

Later on she accepts her new life and is comfortable being called a woman.

It's not all for jokes, right? It doesn't devolve into an edgy Man of Murder thing, right?

>that part in Sandman where they tell the tranny to leave the room cause the ritual they were doing only worked with biological grills

Not gonna lie, the resultant shitstorm would've been entertaining

I never finished reading it, but Superman was a huge asshole. And it was great.

Oh I remember drawing a redesign of this character on drawthread and I still don't really know what's her deal

Huh, that's really cool. Did the person not say anything about the character?

He did explain the basics: Male warrior fated to fight evil is reincarnated as a woman (or had the soul transferred into an available body?) because it was some sort of emergency and apparently the woman had a child?