Urg.nooooooooooooooooooo...Snyder thinks that Duke could be the heir to the Batman mantle

Urg.nooooooooooooooooooo...Snyder thinks that Duke could be the heir to the Batman mantle.
cbr.com/all-star-batmans-dynamic-duo-is-not-dead-just-different/

In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now. It was really Geoff Johns, honestly, talking to [Geoff] and okaying a lot of this stuff with him that was terrifically helpful. I think we have something really special here with Duke, and I have a long runway with this character in terms of setting him up here and trying to do a series with him myself, with other creators, as well, once he is up and running.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lJq2PAI-Fxc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blackman 2017.

Oh that will go great. An OC nigga who has literally done fuck all getting to be Batman.

This young man deserves a shot, why not ;^)

Tumblr pls.

Die.

>An OC who has literally done fuck all getting to be Batman.

And?

Rebirth was a mistake.

WE

no thank you. The minute Bruce is no longer batman is the minute I stop reading it.

>Tom King setting up a fun Bat universe in the Morrison mold
>JK Snyder's still around to fuck it all up!

Terry was Bruce's genetic son. It's OK for him to become Batman.

Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

And it was literally only done well in that cartoon. And it made sense. I have no faith in Snyder executing this shit idea.

WUZ

>Snyder is DC Brian Michael Bendis .

I honestly can't think of a single defining trait duke has that separates him from any other bat character.

Im pretty sure that the only creation of Synder's that'll have any shelf life is the fans' favourite harper row

BATMAN

>fans' favourite harper row
Fucking Snyder.

Having Batman be black would be like having Batman living in Los Angeles instead of Gotham City.

>I honestly can't think of a single defining trait duke has

Black characters don't need any traits besides kind, noble, heroic. Anything else would be racist.

Oh yes, let's do it because "black" is so FASHIONABLE right now! Can't make a convincing/interesting "minority" character? Revamp an established character!

Anyone who obsesses over race, religion, sex or nationality is a bigot!

>In this way, it’s fun to think about Duke as the figure that could be the next one to take on the mantle of Batman, but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.

>That was canon while Batman Beyond was airing
>Implying that wasn't the laziest retcon and couldn't just as easily be applied to Duke whenever the Editorial feels like mandating it

>passing on the mantle of Batman to a total out-of-left-field choice

So, is Duke Jean Paul Valley 2: Electric Boogaloo?

“But why do you have to force racial diversity on readers by changing an established hero’s race? Why can’t you just create a new character, and let them be their own thing?”

What happened to Harper? She is just gone.

>. It was really Geoff Johns, honestly, talking to [Geoff] and okaying a lot of this stuff with him that was terrifically helpful.

Fucking kek.

By Bruce...

I think the big problem is that the audience that's trying to be catered to here has no attention span, which is why every storyline like this will be rushed as fuck. We will never again see a character progress over 50 years, just a five year story line and then back to the status quo so new readers who saw TAS twenty years ago won't be confused.

Nanananananana

Blackmaaan

go the fuck away Snyder

All according to plan

youtube.com/watch?v=lJq2PAI-Fxc

No one's posted this yet.

I know this is shitposting but you do understand hes just saying that this is another Robin like character that people could project will take up the mantle one day if they want right?

>Implying Snyder is that rational

In the first place he isnt a Robin. Second if he isnt part of the Batfamily he cant take the mantle, the nigger is a shit character and batman needs to always be caucasian.

Do you always sperg out about empty pr speeches and meaningless hype work?

>but the most important thing is finding a role for him in Gotham right now.
His role is, apparently, as yellow power ranger.

Am I the only one seeing this? He looks like a yellow Batman themed power ranger.

Still a better costume then Red Robin, Nightwing and Damian

Snyder Pls.

What I was thinking, but his costume is shit.

n “All Star Batman” #2, Bruce explains to Duke that the next step in his evolution as a hero — not a sidekick — is to “look past the evil to motivation, to the threads of causal behavior that allow you to solve things.” That, to me, might be Batman’s greatest strength as the World’s Greatest Detective. Does Bruce see Duke as his true heir apparent as Batman — even greater than Dick, Tim, Jason or Damian?

Snyder: He definitely sees a lot of himself in Duke. I think the potential for greatness is really there. One of things that was really interesting when we started talking to Geoff Johns when we were developing Duke was the question of, should he be the next Robin, or the next Nightwing? What should he be? What role should he play? What it really came down to was trying to do justice to the character in a way that took the strongest elements of his personality and psychology and find out if there was a role in Gotham that had never been filled before, like the way Barbara became Oracle, or as she is Batgirl now. There is a real niche there for her to serve that isn’t taken by anybody else in the same way that Dick’s mission in “Grayson” was something that we hadn’t seen before. It’s about finding where these characters can fit that both does justice to who they are organically, and tries to carve out a place or a role for them that hasn’t been occupied by any other character.
urggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Scott, stop

— even greater than Dick, Tim, Jason or Damian?
Due the Gary Stu"

This just sounds to me like he will eventually basically become Nightwing but always stay in Gotham. Basically be his own hero that does things his way instead of Bruce but the tragedy that befell him means he won't ever leave like Dick does.

No one is dumb enough to think anyone could ever replace Dick as the heir apparent.

Snyder is literally the new DC Bendis
Duke is Miles Morales