See Kino and the Two Strings

>See Kino and the Two Strings
>2 people in the cinema

Well of course, only you and 2 other people were fooled into thinking that you were actually watching Kubo and not the mockbuster knockoff Kino.

>Kino
When will mockbusters die

>make Kubo thread
>2 posts

really makes you think

I'm probably gonna go see it tomorrow.
Seat reservation system shows no seats bought or reserved.
Gonna be sweet.

>Me and my sister were the only persons at the theatre

there's literally zero.00001% advertising about this movie in my country

>All there people who had the theatre's to themselves
>The theatre I went to had at least one family in every row
I mean it was pretty empty all things considered and I did get a whole row to myself, but still, couldn't put my feet up on the seat in front of me.

I went yesterday and I was alone. I even made a thread about it.

And it was the only showing of the movie that day.

>kubo didn't even make its budget back

nike money aside, that really sucks for everyone who worked on it and w

did she licked you're fanny?

Why? It's not like anyone outside of the company (which basically never has to worry about going bankrupt) lost money, they already got paid.

And the worst thing about it is that it's literally one of the best films of the year, with a solid 97% at Rotten Tomatoes and rave reviews from every single film magazine. Really makes you think when the latest capeshit can easily make four times its budget no matter how badly it's panned, huh?

yeah, but if i worked on what was essentially a kind of new age fairy tale, i'd like to know that actual kids appreciated it, and not just critics and nerds

if anything this releasing next to suicide squad has proved just how worthless the opinions of critics are

>Everyone talks about how no one watches this film
>Theater I went to was packed
>Someone decided to bring there baby
>Start crying midway the film
>Gets so annoying usher had to tell her to leave
Listen I get, babysitters cost cash and you don't want to leave your own child out of sight but I film is nor place for a baby who doesn't understand anything that's going on or where he is and all you're really doing is ruining the film for everyone else.

The main issue was that while most capeshit or action films have huge advertising campaigns Kubo's was basically non-existent, no one knew Kubo existed and when they saw the poster in the local theatre they were like "what the fuck is Kubo?"

Just saw this in bongland and yeah the theatre was probably 20 at most.
The film was actually amazing, lived up to the hype for me. You would think it would be perfect for kids but I suppose it looks a little alienating, even with the decent amount of ads on busses and the like, at least in my area.

>tfw I was alone in Paranorman

No parent takes a baby to a movie for the baby. They do it because like most of America they likely don't have a lot of money and have probably been spending every waking of their lives trying to care for their kid. Babies have exactly two modes: sleep through everything or cry at everything. Parents take a kid to a movie because they've likely not had a moment to themselves for a solid week and decided to gamble on their baby being in sleep mode. Evidently they were wrong, and their consolation prize is getting thrown out of a theater while a room full of people judges them as bad parents.

did you have a private snuggle session?

Laika's CEO/director of Kubo is son of the founder of Nike, has multibillion dollar fortune. No fear, they're already working on their next movie

Get ass cancer, memelord.

Thank fuck

>Using your net worth of 25 billion dollars to fund labours of love
Shit mang, I wish I was a billionaire just so I could get cool shit funded.

>Kino

>seeing it this late
well its no wonder

Did she suck it?

bamp

was lucky enough to see this shit before it left theatres after 2 weeks. gotta say its the best movie i have seen this year fampai-kun

Is the only way to get one of those puppets is at a auction or something?

sucker, its an over rated predictable piece of shit

>go see it on opening day
>theater is only half full

>American
>see Kubo matinee
>only one in theater

Was Hanzo supposed to be a goofy dad or was that an effect of the curse?

Laika auctioned their puppets last year, very expensive.

>Friend and I went to an AMC with the nice spacious reclining chairs on Tuesday morning
>5 bucks a ticket and the only ones there
It was the nicest movie experience I've ever had. A shame it's doing shit, though.

I remember when I was an usher. Brats/babies were the worst fucking things ever. The only thing more annoying was when someone would come up and yell at me about it like I had the precognitive ability to know exactly what theater would have a crying baby or retarded kid. One time this lady screamed at me about it while I was on lunch break about a kid, when I didn't even work that screen.

Story was shit, im glad its doing poorly

When is Laika going to announce their next film. I want more Laika magic!

>See this today
>Literally the only person in the movie theater
>Kick my feet up and relax
At an early showing price, too. Felt like renting a huge screen just for my own personal showing.

I liked it a fair bit. Gorgeously animated too. I hope they at least break even with the DVD sales.

>get group of friends to go to theater
>obviously I want to see kubo, it just came out and everything
>two stupid girls in the group say sausage party
>end up having to watch sausage party because of their schedules
>stay later and buy a ticket to kubo because fuck them
>end up missing first few minutes because they were taking too long and my friends were just hanging around
ugh
why can't they understand art?

I'm gonna see it tomorrow with a girl who was the only person of my friend's circle available.
This is the last showing of any theatre nearby.

There were only two complaints I had with this movie of the top of my head: I didn't like how they killed Hanzo right after he pledged to protect his son - felt like pure convention twist bait - and I disliked how when the Moon King asked Kubo what he thought he was doing Kubo just said cause he's mean and cruel - which may be true, but his mother already told him what his grandfather's deal was.

Everything else was pretty good.

well I had no opinion about this movie but since people that like it use memes like "kino" I am glad no one is watching it

It looks like you're him

You're "Kino"

It seemed to be doing fine in Canada, not hugely packed but still somewhat full

>Checked last week
>43 million at the box office
>Check today
>49 million
Come onnnn.

He's Another Agito?

I said I was going to draw fanart out of pity but I'm sure now you will feel pity for me and my art.

Albertafag here, same experience, not full but a fairly decent turnout.

Hows it doing in Europe or Asia? I figure if anything is gonna end up pushing it into the breaking even/profit territory it's gonna be the foreign airings.

bmp

I think it would be nice if japanese people who weren't George Takei got more roles.

>Albertafag here, same experience, not full but a fairly decent turnout.
>Hows it doing in Europe or Asia? I figure if anything is gonna end up pushing it into the breaking even/profit territory it's gonna be the foreign airings.
Brazilfag here. It only comes out in our theaters in october. MID october. And there hasn't been any advertisement. I know people that go to the movies every month, that watch cartoon movies in theaters, seen Finding Dory and Life of Pets... and hadn't even heard of Kubo.
Christ, it's like Laika doesn't want our money.

It's kind of sad since Takei is usually pretty vocal about these things, like IIRC he criticized casting a Korean instead of a Japanese person for Sulu in the new Star Trek as well as a white guy for Khan. Then in Kubo they just use Takei to say "oh my!" and that's it.

He had a few more lines, and I'm sure he was one of the people at the end telling moon king that he was a good person, but still just a very minor side character.

Are other Laika movies worth watching?

Well worth it.

The same thing happened to me when I dragged my family to see it a few weeks ago.

The Mother mentioned he was very funny "just like Kubo". So I´m guessing he was always pretty goofy.

I actually think this movie is doing better in Europe.

Bought the ticket for today in the morning, and still no reserved or bought seats. If all goes well I'll be all alone in the middle of the top row just enjoying the show.

Yes but:

1) It still can suck to feel underappreciated.

2) There's always the slim chance that repeated box office failure will lead to them deciding not to continue propping up the business.

3) Other studios get the clear signal that heartfelt art projects do not sell and they need to either make the same safe shit or faux-"edgy" trash adult comedies.

Welp, 10 seats reserved, but at least I got the top center seat.

Best.