Would you guys enjoy living in a world where super heroes are real?

Would you guys enjoy living in a world where super heroes are real?

Remember that super villains would exist too.

nope

Hell no, I'd be lucky to make it home every day.

Yes. Super villains are rarely allowed to cause more damage than the average school shooter or terrorist. But super heroes inspire much more than cops or riot troopers

Kind of depends on which superheroes and supervillains.

If I don't have powers myself, then hell fucking no!

You mean this world?

We're already living in a world full of superheroes. Doctors, scientists, they all help us and progress earth forward to new frontiers.

The problem with man is you want more, you can't be pleased with what you've been given. We don't need men in tights flying around when we have our own heroes.

fpbp

See:

Remember how we have school shooters? Or ISIS? Or random people mowing down people for no reason?
People now at random have a chance to receive super powers now.

A guy simply blow up the school. ISIS have dozens of super powered humans brainwashed to do their biding. North Korea got some super soldiers brainwashed too.

Also China is now the most powerful country in the world.

Yes, if I get to be a super villain.

This. It's the only thing I've ever wanted to be when I grew up. It frustrates me to no end that I don't live in a world where it is a viable career path, like in Venture Brothers. I don't really want to hurt anybody, I just want to live that villain lifestyle and commit extravagant crimes that are victimless for the most part.

I'm reading worm post time skip, soo, nope. I love a world with no powers

I'd much rather live in some cartoon world

Would you like to live in a cartoon world if your neighbors were the Animaniacs?

But can they turn people into dinosaurs?

Yes, actually. There are so many acts of unimaginable evil being commited every day and so many vile people and vile groups planning vile things. It'd be wonderful if there was some force clear, uncorruptable good opposing these forces of destruction and cruelty.

I haven't been the same since I learned what's keeping the elites of society all around the world in check. You probably know what I'm talking about. We need heroes.

I wouldn't mind living in the world of Kamen Rider. There's comparatively little mass destruction.

In Marvel and DC, you run the risk of the universe getting erased every few years.

In Super Sentai or Ultraman, giant monsters are pretty likely to step on you.

But Kamen Rider? You'll probably be fine, unless it's the comics version

>You probably know what I'm talking about.
I don't. Untard me.

Not him but... no, I don't know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

A superhero isn't someone who is heroic in a superlative fashion

A superhero is a brightly costumed weirdo who solves problems with violence

I can see how you might get the wrong idea there, but please keep that in mind in the future

I like the idea of living in such a world, but here's why

You could probably just electrocute yourself, jump in a vat of chemicals or lock yourself in a particle accelerator and easily become Superguy, and then have extraordinary abilities and live like a god among men while the plebs walk around in their mortal bodies

I would

I want to live in the world of Carmen Sandiego.

Remember the first time the Flash tried to replicate his experiment in Flashpoint?

I'm looking for the big compilation of facts and sources, but I honestly think it'd be best if I can't find it again. You won't be the same, either, and there's nothing you or I can do about it.

At best this is gonna be an /x/ thing.

But it's probably gonna be a Sup Forums thing.

Am I right?

It's an /x/ thing but it's not paranormal and the sources are all there.

By all means, elaborate.

I can't track down the post and there's a part of me that hopes it's all an elaborate hoax. Best we drop it. You wouldn't believe me without the links anyway.

If I'm a dr doom-levels of awesomeness supervillain, yes.

Oh, just give me a basic outline.

And this better not be about the jews.

It worked on his second attempt

so 50% odds of becoming super-powered? still a fair chance

This nigga...

Depends. Would I enjoy living in a world inhabited only by Batman and his rogues? Maybe. Would I enjoy living in a world inhabited only by Flash or Captain Marvel and their rogues? Maybe. Would I enjoy living in a world with Golden Age Superman? Yes. Would I enjoy living in a world with his rogues? Absolutely not.

But, would I enjoy living in a world like the golden age of comics where I am pals with the bestest super pal in the universe, aka Jimmy Olsen? Yes. Absolutely.

I live in a small town. We'd probably have one local superhero, one local supervillain, and eventually get wiped out in an ironic fashion.

Worm goes to shit once Weaver shows up but the ending is okay

I want jubilee to sit on my face

If Superman existed in our world today, crime\terrorism\war would literally be nonexistent, human trafficking would be a thing of the past, natural disasters would be less frequent and easily preventable, corrupt politicians annd banksters would be put in their place, etc.

Yeah, i'd want to live in that world. Knowing that a super-powered being cares about us so much, and is humble enough not to impose his will on is, should give us all pause. I guess thats why people believe in god.

I was only talking about good comics, edgy shit were the heroes save no one need not apply.

Kuuga pulled an ozymandias, the ends justify the means

Yes.
I thought a lot about this, I like seeing it like this:
Do you know those videos you see on /x/ or recommended on youtube that are like
>Real Mermaid washes up in Mexico Shore
And you click on it, maybe watch it and say
>Yeah that is kind of cool CG, but total bs!
Well, what if you lived in a world where it doesn't have to be fake as fuck? A world where wonderful and insane shit happens.
And like, what if, a couple of days later, the parents of that mermaid are on CNN giving an interview to Anderson Cooper about how much they loved their daughter and how the are willing to offer 20.000 for any information that would led to finding the person responsible for their daughter murder.

You might ask yourself
>I wonder how the economics of fishing in deep sea location would be changed by such a revelation
or even
>I wonder how the Republican party's platform on human/mermaid relation is going to be changed by last election results
Like most faggot that write comics now a days. But I would be all like
>THERE IS A FUCKING MERMAID ON CNN!!! WHAT THE FUCK??????

I feel me? It's kind of a of a weird thought, but I kind of couldn't take it out of my mind when I first finished reading Miracleman

>crime\terrorism\war would literally be nonexistent, human trafficking would be a thing of the past, natural disasters would be less frequent and easily preventable, corrupt politicians annd banksters would be put in their place, etc.
Aside from the natural disasters bit, none of that would be true. See there's this thing called escalation. If one powerful weapon comes into play, the competition will step up to rival the threat. Stronger guns to counter kevlar vests, etc.

The existence of Superman would only expedite more extreme and drastic forms of terrorism and crime.

What are they gonna do? The most they could do is kill people, and then that will just make Superman angry at them and they will lose.

Literally all those things you mentioned still exist on DC universe.

Fucking no.
If the fuckery that happened in books happened in real life I'd rather kill myself.

BUT, to be fair, if that was a thing that was happening since I was born I may feel differently.

Maybe.

DC or marvel?

well I mean, you have to consider that if Superheroes were real, they wouldnt be ruled by plot armor and book sales. So you wouldnt get world shifting reboots every few years to stay current. And they would stay dead the first time they get killed. MAYBE make an exception or two for Superman because Kryptonian biology bullshit.

And they'd age. So if batman had been around since his original introduction in the comics, he'd be long dead by now.

Heck, no.

>Montevideo - destroyed
When did that happen?

Motherfucker, explain it in your own words.

In reality superheroes wouldn't be bound by plot and would be thousands of times more effective. Flash and Superman would be able to save people constantly and villains wouldn't be able to break out of jail as much.

This also means "events" won't happen.

You guys haven't heard about the Jews yet?

What's a Jew?

this is the /x/ thing

I would be content with living in a world where i'm not a failure.

Nah, I have trouble enough trying to get girls who only want athletes, i'd never get a gf when Superheros are out there banging every girl on the planet.

You mean this world?

Definitely if I got a good chance of random superpowers

Depends. I Live in new york which is a magnet for trouble in marvel.
Ironically I'd want to be a mutant (or nanomachines)

>If one powerful weapon comes into play, the competition will step up to rival the threat.
The problem with escalation theory, is that escalation theory is based on the assumption the next level can even be reached.

If a WW2 power starts bombing dark age knights, they don't even have anything of artillery that will be comparable for the next 100-150 years.
Even for something like a proxy war, the proxy war is based on the assumption of the proxy being fed with training and armaments to do said war.
Even inside Escalation of Force, there is a reason a few Euro empires took over most of the literal world during a small 20 year period once the tech was there.
Even inside of Vietnam/Korea, the entire of Vietnam/Korea war is being waged on the fact that Soviet and China is exporting their modern tech to make said war possible.

Most of the Superman versus World in DC comics(i.e Elseworld) is settings where Humans have to rely on stolen Kryptonian Tech, clones, literally Olympic Blessings, Alien Warlords attempt at Cultural Enrichment, New Genesis weapons, etc.

The point is: There can be no escalation of force, if the initial force is too big.

It's relatively little mass destruction until Gaim that is.

Gaim was more Madoka and Homestuck than traditional Kamen Rider.

Living in the DC universe would mean that there's absolutely no reason to embrace nihilism.

So yeah, I would.

The Marvel universe... Maybe. Hard to say. I feel it wouldn't be that different if you don't live in New York City.

Yeah because I want to have superpowers and do cool shit. But at the same time, I think superheroes and villains are terrible for human society. They halt progress and paint the world with a very black and white ideology.

No innovation can happen because superheroes will stomp out anything that challenges the status quo.

I think you can just call those people heroes. Lol They aren't super by any means. Super usually implies that they're able to achieve feats beyond normal humam capacity.

we get it, you watched the final 10 minutes of The Dark Knight

As an objectivist, i say yes

Nice to see that literally everyone is talking only about DC heroes. What is Marvel?

I see fuck all benefit if I don't get powers and depending on the universe fuck all benefit even then.

Besides, in this universe the Punisher is president of the Philippines and a sociopathic orange billionaire is trying to take over the world.

>What is Marvel?
A quantum stagnation where nobody really ages, reality is constantly rewritten and time works like the gordion knot.

Probably not, I live in a shit suburb so street level villains would probably fuck me or my family up at some point.

50% of being super-powered assuming you know exactly what caused those powers. Superheroes probably number in the thousands in comparison to the billions of civilians. They are just like the elite social class. A few thousand rich to extremely rich people (powerful to extremely powerful) and everyone else just struggles with normal life.

>time works like the gordion knot

2deep4me

Not only super beings to exist, but to cartoon logic to exist.

I think Astro City semi sums it up well. Everyone would just get used to it when it happens, people would flock to see superheroes fight and cheer them on but will turn on them in a moment's notice if they do something wrong. Sure they fight but collateral damage will always be expected so living in a city would most likely be cheap due to the low life expectancy of most people. Construction or any type of repair job would be where the money is at.

/x/ in a nutshell

No.

the best comic book world to live in would be the Archie world. In Riverdale, nothing bad happens. There was that one time the Punisher showed up, then they had to deal with Glee and then sharknado, zombies, Archies death, and Predator. Thats only 6 major bad things in like 60 years of publication.
It's like real life but better. Heck, even anime Virgins have a shot at dating a super hot girl. You won't ever be lonely in Riverdale because Archie and his pals are friends to everyone. Nothing bad ever happens in Riverdale. The worst you have to deal with is getting in line behind Jughead at the school cafeteria.

If you lived in the DC universe or in the Marvel universe, that doesnt guarantee having powers or being best buddies with the Avengers. You could be some random dude on the side of the street that gets his car wrecked during a street fight. Or you could be somewhere completely in the middle of Nowhere, USA sitting there being a guy and knowing that the fate of your planet is in the hands of like, 100 individuals at any given time.

The pre-crisis me would be a perfect Chad and the Crisis would retcon me into the mess I always was

Could work in Batman's world. The analogueness of Gotham is what makes it work for hero-villain counterparts.

>figure out where Starfire and/or Powergirl's main cities are
>constantly throw myself into dangerous situations, hoping that they would come and rescue me
>bueno excelente arrives instead

Stand aside for the A-list IRL super hero.

>Makes vaccine for virus that was the fucking boogieman back in the day.
>Contracting it could give you some intestinal inflammation if you're lucky, or permanently cripple/confine you to an iron lung for the rest of your life if you're not lucky.
>Could potentially be absurdly rich, like to the point where money is meaningless to you, if he patents it.
>But it would mean people suffering death and fates far worse then it.
>The absolute madman leaves the vaccine without a patent, and now the disease is eradicated.

All you can hope is, that if the day ever comes you have to make a decision like that, that you have at least a third of the grit Jonas Salk had.

Probably not because you retards would probably go around killing people like Bendis and Synder post about how you did it and then go around and rape some tumblrites for "ruining" muh comics

fuck yeah
>inb4 muh evil superpowered people
most villains only give a shit about a certain hero, also superheroes would prevent a lot of shit from crime, trafficking rings to accidents and disasters by simply beeing themselves.

in real life we have no heroes, but we have murderers, we have ebil organisations ( government backed and otherwise ), terrorism, wars, fights between different comunities and shit.

also having a bunch of scientific miracles around would eventually advance the world for everyone.

but mostly i'd like it for the possibility of becoming a superhero

I would enjoy a world where I can romance and fuck superheroes

super villains already exist in our world. would be nice to have some heroes

I wish he was real.