"The Avengers" has bad writing

>Movie opens, Loki jumps through a portal
>it appears that all he needed to open and pass through the portal was his scepter (infinity stone) and the Tesseract (also infinity stone)
>if a third element was necessary for the portal, it's never mentioned
>Loki gathers the Tesseract and mind controls SHIELD agents, Hawkeye, and Erik Selvig
>We next see Selvig informing Loki that he will need a very rare element to create a portal device. Wasn't necessary for Loki's initial transport. bad writing
>Loki sends Hawkeye to retrieve it. Hawkeye tells Loki he needs "an eyeball", which is to bypass retinal scanners and gain access to the rare thingamajig. Loki could have just mind controlled the guy and asked him to open the door, whatever, bad writing
>Loki has everything he needs, but hesitates to open the portal because getting caught was a part of his plan
>He has to destroy the Avengers so there won't be any heroes to defend Earth from his army
>Could just mind control all of the Avengers, but he only attempts this against Tony, and Tony's chest-mounted arc reactor absorbs the magic for some reason. The audience is smart enough to understand, but Loki, the master of schemes is too stupid to try poking him in another spot. bad writing
>Loki never makes any attempt to actually kill any of the Avengers even though they are a threat to his plan. bad writing. Only kills Coulson because his contract is not important
>End of the movie comes, Selvig explains he can close the portal, but he needs Loki's scepter. THEN WHAT THE FUCK DOES YOUR BEACON DO SELVIG? bad writing

>We next see Selvig informing Loki that he will need a very rare element to create a portal device. Wasn't necessary for Loki's initial transport. bad writing
As I recall its explained that he needed the portal to be large and self sustaining not just a one and done teleport. That was the point of one of Tony's "I'm 2 smart 4 u" lines.

Iron man 1, the first 2 cap movies, gaurdians and man of ants were way better anyway

Not Civil War?

Haven't yet seen

That CA costume looks sinfully bad

>movie doesn't explain needless shit
>bad writing

How did baleman get back to Gotham in TDKR?

>Company wars

So many of the MCU movies are not holding up very well.

>How did baleman get back to Gotham in TDKR?
That's bad writing too.

this

sigh... you automatically jump to company war bullshit

green lantern levels of bad right here

Here's a goodt fight right here. No CGI, no bullshit. Just two gods brawling it out without any powers

Avengers has quickly reached Avatar tier where it made a big splash and seems to have absolutely zero staying power.

>No CGI

The background is CGI, the Chitauri aircraft is CGI

He walked across the ice, as they established was something he learned in Begins

The only good things in Avengers is the big action scenes at the end and the dialogues. The story and what happened apart from a few scenes is not really interesting.

>I'll just say shit with no basis and pretend like I know what I'm talking about

>as they established was something he learned in Begins
oh fuck
mind blown

I'm just saying you kind of have to suspend your belief when you're watching a film about people in tights and Iron suits. Here's another one:

In a scene in spider-man 2, spiderman jumps from a moving train through the metal grates of a bridge, considering the speed of the train it should've been technically impossible for spider-man to do that.

Capeshit has literally no basis in reality.

If you cant let the technicalities of a fictional box or a fictional sceptor slide go watch a documentary.

He was in the fucking desert.

NOLAN DOES IT AGAIN!

This isn't about what's possible in a fantasy realm, it's about plot holes you dense motherfucker

Gotham was surrounded by ice. No one takes issue that Batman was able to navigate out of a desert.

I accept that the avengers isn't perfect, but many of the flaws, such as the hokey story-telling, silver-age drama, and so on, are flaws that are actually endearing, in the same way that star wars is ridiculous and yet loved

so despite it's imperfections, i accept and enjoy it anyways since it I enjoyed it quite a lot, and am always willing to put it back in

>kills Coulson

Nobody tell him.

Gotham was literally closed off from the rest of the world, bros. It was a major plot point of the film. No one could get in or out. And no "he's Batman" is not an excuse.

I don't see how that's a party.

see

OK I won't tell him that Agents of SHIT isn't canon.

It is, though.

Why are people pushing that so hard though?

See

>"he's Batman" is not an excuse.

Yeah, why would such heroics be justified by a character being some sort of "super" "hero".

Unexplained bullshit heroics that happened off screen.

Seriously, that is the prime example of "because he's batman" in writing. By your logic the above could be explained as "because he's some doing some kind of super villainous act".

>Unexplained bullshit heroics that happened off screen.

Except the scene in Batman Begins where he literally is taught how to maneuver on ice. Which is a lesson Ra's Al Ghul taught him. Which makes Batman a better student that Bane. Which is a sticking point for Bane. As they establish in the movie.

>Loki could have just mind controlled the guy and asked him to open the door, whatever, bad writing
But that's not the point. He wanted to be captured and he did that by causing a scene.

Well he had to get caught so that he could crash the helicarrier with no survivors

superhero movies having laughably bad fight choreography is just them being accurate to the source material

So a penniless Bruce Wayne somehow gets to an airport in secret from the middle of the desert, since he's famous as fuck he isn't spotted outright and all over the TV for rocking up to an airport looking like a homeless man, somehow secretly gets back to Gotham just to walk over some ice? Bane should've seen him coming miles off considering he knew Batman was Bruce Wayne.

Unless Bruce took a boat.

But that would've taken at least a couple of weeks, maybe days.

A plot hole is an error or inconsistency in story telling. Just because Bruce can walk on ice doesn't mean he can circumnavigate the globe in like a week max with no resources. Even a scene of him getting to a phone would've cleared this up.

If it weren't for the incredibly obvious, cheap set and green screen, and the fact that the fight choreography and camera work have no energy to them. It's doesn't look like a brawl, just some poorly staged wrestling match.

Most of this shit is explained in movie. Loki used the mind stone to access the space gem remotely to transport himself with the help and knowledge of The Other, Loki clearly didn't have a great understanding of either past their basic usage. Space is to open portals, mind is for controlling people.

The portal was supposed to stay open indefinitely or atleast until Loki conquered Earth. Selvig explained he built the failsafe subconsciously. What beacon?

Loki tried to control the Avengers by proximity to the staff. At the very least he wanted the Hulk controlled to distract the team, and it was almost successful.

Loki took the eyeball the way he did because he wanted to get caught to stall long enough for Selvig and co to finish the portal. Also as is explained multiple times thoughtout the movie he's a drama queen.

Take it easy, Whedon

yep

stop shitposting, Snyder

Cool meme I guess.
I watched the movie everyday for 2 months at the store I was working at in undergrad.

Feel free to ask questions more questions about the basic plot of a popcorn movie that you couldn't understand.

Ra's never taught Bruce how to walk on ice, they simply sparred on a frozen lake.

>And no "he's Batman" is not an excuse.

Actually, that's all the excuse they needed and they didn't even use that. They completely ignored the plot hole. It could have been easy as someone asking Bruce, "How did you get back in the city?" and him answering, "I have my ways," or something similar. No one would have questioned it, because we all know what Batman's capable of. By not even acknowledging the plot hole, they made it worse.

>I watched the movie everyday for 2 months at the store I was working at in undergrad.

get over yourself dick head, it was trash

It has its issues, I'm sorry the one OP pointed out weren't them.

that captain murica costume is fucking legendary bad.

Loki needed a portal big enough and self sustaining enough for the entire Chitauri army to come in, not just one tiny portal. Literally says it in the movie.

Different user, but have you never been in a retail store? The electronics sections almost always have one movie on constant loop. When I worked at Walmart the month after Frozen released on DVD was a nightmare. They had it playing on every TV in electronics, as well as a TV near the tobacco register for weeks. It was pretty much impossible not to learn the whole damn thing by heart.

>999 cuts per second
it's so exciting and engaging when i cant see anything

>>We next see Selvig informing Loki that he will need a very rare element to create a portal device. Wasn't necessary for Loki's initial transport. bad writing
Remember what happened right after he teleported at the beginning of the movie? The whole military base blew up and all that was left was a massive crater.
The entire point of him needing that metal or whatever was to make sure he could open a big ass portal that would not just collapse on itself and blow up the whole planet after the first flying whale crossed it.

If you can't even follow such a simple plot point from a popcorn pg13 movie then you have problems.

The problem with Baleman being in Gotham isn't that he somehow managed to sneak into Gotham (you can easily assume there must be some secret tunnel or some bullshit), it's that he somehow managed to get there from the Middle East with no connections in about a day.

Hey Zach. Still pissed off nobody liked your magnum opus?

>Zack Snyder is so terrible that he made Joss Whedon look good

definitely not.

>"The Avengers" has bad writing

And this surprises absolutely no one?

Indeed Mr. McKenzie.

Why did Loki order Hawkeye to shoot Fury instead of vaporizing or mind controlling him?
Why did Fury act as if nothing happened when he got shot?
Why did every single partygoer run away from Loki when it didn't SEEM like he was all that dangerous? (We the audience know, but to them he's just a guy with a stick and a fancy drill).
If Captain America doesn't care about killing people, why doesn't he always carry a gun? (He has to pick one up from another guy).
Why did Loki wait so long before attempting to kill Tony Stark?
If the police are there, why didn't they help shoot the Chitauri?
How did Bruce Banner know where to find the others?
Why didn't Hawkeye, Cap, and Widow pick up the Chitauri's weapons?
Why were the Chitauri retarded at first but then got super competent?

these are dumb
>Why did Loki order Hawkeye to shoot Fury instead of vaporizing or mind controlling him?
why would a villain send henchmen to do anything? he had better shit to do and fury was inconsequential
>Why did Fury act as if nothing happened when he got shot?
kevlar
>Why did every single partygoer run away from Loki when it didn't SEEM like he was all that dangerous? (We the audience know, but to them he's just a guy with a stick and a fancy drill).
if a dude drills out another dude's eyeball in the middle of a fancy party what the fuck do you think is gonna happen
>If Captain America doesn't care about killing people, why doesn't he always carry a gun? (He has to pick one up from another guy).
because he doesn't carry a gun in the comics
>Why did Loki wait so long before attempting to kill Tony Stark?
ego
>If the police are there, why didn't they help shoot the Chitauri?
they did
>How did Bruce Banner know where to find the others?
he followed the giant portal in the sky
>Why didn't Hawkeye, Cap, and Widow pick up the Chitauri's weapons?
hawkeye and cap are better trained with their own equipment, widow did fight with the staff
>Why were the Chitauri retarded at first but then got super competent?
they weren't and they didn't

>why would a villain send henchmen to do anything?
Why would a villain give up an excuse to get more free henchmen? Mind controlling Nick would have been more effective and killing him would take less effort.
>kevlar
The way he held his chest confused me at first. Okay.
>f a dude drills out another dude's eyeball in the middle of a fancy party
But there were tons of people there. He didn't have a gun and there was no way of knowing he was more powerful than the average human. Not one person thought to attack him?

>because he doesn't carry a gun in the comics
Why are they so selective with comic accuracy?

>ego
I guess?

>they did
The military did, but not the normal cops.

>he followed the giant portal in the sky
They weren't directly under it though. He would have gone to another part of the city if he did that.

>hawkeye and cap are better trained with their own equipment, widow did fight with the staff
The weapons are objectively better though, even if they aren't trained with them. Plus they seem to have infinite ammo.

>they weren't and they didn't
They were really stupid and uncoordinated at first, then they started attacking together and in formations, such as when they attacked the Hulk all at once from afar.

>Why would a villain give up an excuse to get more free henchmen? Mind controlling Nick would have been more effective and killing him would take less effort.
less effort than sending someone else to do it? besides, Loki still viewed humans as ants. Fury was 100% entirely inconsequential to him at the time. stupid complaint.

>But there were tons of people there. He didn't have a gun and there was no way of knowing he was more powerful than the average human. Not one person thought to attack him?
you're seriously telling me that if that happened in real life, people would react differently? stupid complaint.

>The military did, but not the normal cops.
false

>They weren't directly under it though. He would have gone to another part of the city if he did that.
then he saw iron man flying around. or he was driving around until he found them (they were never more than a few blocks from the tower). this is "why dont people say goodbye on the phone" levels of stupid

>The weapons are objectively better though
[citation needed]
>Plus they seem to have infinite ammo.
[citation needed]
>even if they aren't trained with them.
soldiers don't pick up weapons lying around. especially if they don't know how to use them, don't know for sure if they work (could be damaged, in this case might not be made for human hands), and certainly not if they have their preferred weapon of choice already in their hands. it's not a fucking videogame.

>They were really stupid and uncoordinated at first, then they started attacking together and in formations, such as when they attacked the Hulk all at once from afar.
who cares?

seriously for a movie that has plenty of flaws these are some of the dumbest to complain about