Let's talk about cities/states

We talk a lot about our respective nations but let's zoom in and talk a little more local.

I live in Portland Oregon. It's a mixed bag really. I love Oregon but the city of Portland is terrible. I was always interested in the region but I settled here for work about 12 years ago.

I love being so close to all the wonderful mountains, rivers, lakes, trails, and forests. Within about 3 hours I could be standing in a desert, a temperate rainforest, or on a snow capped mountain. Perfect.

I don't really go out much in the city though, and I don't really seem to fit in with what has become the local culture. The bars here put out an atmosphere I just don't like too much, I just want a chill place to catch a buzz not a meticulously recreated 30's speakeasy with house made artesian bitters.

Politically the city of Portland is a cancer on the rest of the state, everyone considers Oregon deep blue but the truth is Portland just has a much higher population density and is so far left that it drags the whole of a mostly red state with it. People here will vote for anything as long as it's lefty. I usually use the Arts Tax to explain this. Its a $30 individual annual tax to support "the arts". People fought hard for it seemingly just because it fit in with their political narrative. This became pretty clear when the we reached the point where a larger amount of people voted for it than were actually paying it. Our mayor is owned by real estate developers and has had the most disastrous homeless policy I have ever even heard of. For awhile it was "legal" for anyone to camp anywhere in the city witch resulted in lawless filthy sprawling hobo camps in many of our fine city parks. The police now at least shoo them off from time to time but it's still a huge problem without a solution in sight.

We don't pay sales tax in Oregon, but Portland property tax, and home prices seem to be so high that only rich Californians are buying property here these days.

What's you city like?

Other urls found in this thread:

joobook.com/heathernashelle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I live in the UP. We are all good ol' boys who hate FIBS (fucking Illinois bitches).

It's a love hate relationship. They fill our restaurants, resorts and bars and are our tourist economy.

The bad part is that they are very disrespectful, loud, shitty drivers, litter all over the campsites and lake, and take up too much space and cause disorder.

Up in the UP by Lake Superior is majestic, but you have to be a certain kind of person to live here. Hard working, down to earth. There isn't much in the way of shopping or eating out but if you're into ATV'ing, hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc. Then it's a paradise.

You can see the culture shock. The real ourdoorsmen vs. the recreational outdoorsmen.

I laugh at the FIB city idiots who spend all of their money in their brand new north face mountain climbing gear and fancy ski outfits when all you need is a good flannel and some carharts. I'm out to enjoy the sports themselves not to play dress up.

I see a lot of this out here too. The upside is when you do want to buy that kind of stuff the second hand market is great from all those guys selling shit they've never really used.

Shits cool if you go east man. Been thinking about moving to the Dalles or LaGrande for awhile now. I didn't know that Charlie was in all the developers pockets, does that explain why every single postage stamp of land is being bought and developed into houses right now? Even in the greater Portland metro everyone is buying land and building cookie cutter houses on them

austin is bittersweet.

I live in portland too, your right it is a mixed bag. The hipster sjws are everywhere, but theres some chill people also (on the east side). I'm considering moving to Tampa soon.

Nothing like a good trip to the army surplus store.

Yeah I thought about heading that way myself. I could honestly even deal with living around Bend at this point. I honestly didn't move there awhile ago because I didn't want to be part of the problem, but after talking to some old Bendites they seem fine with people moving there as long as they aren't rich ultra liberals that try to make it like where ever they came from.

Yeah I'd say Charlie Fails has had a quite a hand in that whole mess as well. I hate how everything here is starting to look like an IKEA catalogue. We never had good architecture but this shit is hideous.

I live in Bend and I can say it's a pretty great town to live in.

However currently the population is rising very quickly and out pacing the housing market so prices skyrocketed recently and there's very little housing options in general.

Coming from Portland though it is still an improvement.

Macon, GA

Let's just say the locals call it Maconga for a reason. Although downtown is being gentrified pretty nicely. Honestly I believe the city is improving but the niggers gotta go somewhere.

I'm sure it is pretty great, it's honestly one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Im sure there are assholes like anywhere else but in my experience everyone one I've had the pleasure of meeting from Bend was great.

I think I'd integrate into Bend really well, and I wouldn't come without having a decent job and housing lined up. I'm contently on the higher end of lower class I suppose. Is there room for me?

I live 45mins drive from NYC, this is my backyard.

>2016
>not living in paradise

It's a really nice town but not so great as you might think.
Roughly 1/3 of the people are obscene rednecks and the rest are hippies and liberal cucks like from Portland. Plus the surrounding towns just get worse so you won't travel outside of Bend at all.

It's a really nice place, but not perfect.

Yes there's room for you but not much. Not as long as you don't mind playing $1200 rent for a one bedroom crack den quality apartment and make minimum wage.

I envy you lad, I'm hopefully taking an internship up in the Finger Lakes area.
I've been obsessed with New England and the Adirondacks since I was a kid.

From Mass, one of the best states by far, as long as you ignore gun laws and the recent push for 21 yo tobacco sales age (even if its technically legal to smoke at 13). We're about to have legal weed, the Cape has some of the best beaches, the Berkshires are beautiful, and best of all we have one of the best cities in the world, Boston. We have the best education not only in the US but actually one of the best in the world too. Also we're the wealthiest state in the US so suck it poorfags.

That is still significantly less than I currently pay for a 1 bedroom in Portland and nearly 100% of the population here is liberal cucks.

Once again pol has given my life direction.

Glad I could help user.

Like I said as long as you don't mind the occasional ignorant redneck it's a really great place to live.

You're in Beacon, right? I'm a bit further up river on the Hudson too. It's a beautiful area much underrated. It can't be too long until towns like Newburgh and Poughkeepsie get revived. There's so much good housing stock in those places. Easy to get to the city too and much lower rent. I'd hate to be completely isolated from an amazing cosmopolitan city like NYC. It's great living a bit outside best of both worlds.

I live in Bend and it FUCKING SUCKS.
SJW everywhere. Exercise drones that ride 3 side by side in bike lanes. Too many BORING "festivals" that are simply people standing in the street drinking beer. Califaggots everywhere driving up property costs. Vacation rentals in established subdivisions so party people are up all night disturbing the locals. I can go on.....

no.
piss off.

you wanna know what bend is like?
go here
joobook.com/heathernashelle

Read her posts. The epitome of Bend.

>People go outside and socialize
>IT FUCKING SUCKS
Lol ok kid calm down

go have an IPA @ crux, faggot.

I love that you yoopers are so assmad at Illinois people that it literally defines you. It's the first thing you said about yourself and your community.

Nobody in Illinois gives a shit about you. Frankly if they had Wisconsin or Michigan plates you wouldnt even know most of them were FIBS. It's just your obsession governing your thoughts and behavior.

Stay mad.

shouldn't you be training for the Pole, Pedal, Paddle? Or maybe you are late for your morning coffee at strictly organic with the girls? You can talk about your kids and how yoga is too hard.

The IPA fad is the worst thing to ever happen to this state.
IPAs were invented because water in India smells and tastes like shit.
We have good clean water here so no need to destroy it with hops.
A good beer doesn't even need hops and only trendy followers pretend to like it.

you live in portland or near portland? i live in beaverton. yes, there are actual beavers here!

>moves to portland
>doesnt like artisinal liberal hipster faggotry

Sounds like you dug your own grave.

A town having a friendly community, events and nice people Is a bad thing?

events! lol.
Yeah man, like shutting down traffic on July 4 so drunk assholes like YOU can ride your fucking bikes in a circle. Yeah so AWESOME!

Or how about you tell me the difference between any of these "festivals" in Bend? Come on...I'm waiting!!

Friendly people, huh? You need to get out more, pal. Cause they are friendly as long as you are a star-bellied sneech in your lycra bike gear.

And don't get me started on the CyclePubs.....strictly for pussies like you.

Shouldn't you be correcting the record in another thread?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin here.

I live in a nice blue collar white neighborhood close to Lake Michigan. Cheap, beautiful old homes, nice people, good restaurants, dive bars on every corner. Comfy place to be, quiet, you can see the stars at night even though youre in the city. Good quality of life compared to Chicago where i used to live. Money goes so much further here.

Cons: there are a lot of obese people. There are a lot of ignorant people. There are a lot of Scott Walker voters. There are a lot of slow moving people with nothing to do. There are a lot of problematic niggers on the north side. Public transit is shitty and there is nothing good on the horizon.

Goal is to eventually move to St. Paul or Seattle.

I'm from the East coast. I lived a year in Bend and enjoyed it enough I moved to Portland for a year. Could not handle the weather. Certainly is cheaper than the east coast to live in and very pretty.

Union County/LaGrande fag here.

Im glad to hear that everyone else besides those that live in the Portland area agree that Portland is the number one cancer to Oregon. Ive thought about moving to Texas and what not, but I lose the beauty that is Oregon. Im pretty sick of libtards in Portland basically suppressing everyone like we (everyone else who doesnt live in the Portland area) like we have to just bow down to the almighty Portland rule. NE Washington, and NE Oregon have had this thing in the works to break away from the western sides of the states and form their own, I hope it will happen some day.

Seattle is full. fuck off.

tacoma

fuck this place

It's full of feminist, vegan poo in loos.

Can we nuke the shitty state that is California already?

It sounds like you're just upset that everyone isn't a cynical shut-in like you are.

Plus I don't even go to the events or drink beer but both things don't negativly effect the town in any way. It's just not your perfect vision of what a town should be and that's fine.

It's a nice place OP. Don't listen to this kid

Chicago. I live on the white side of the city. The segregation is real af in Chicago so I don't worry too much about the coons. Downtown is mostly white hipsters and faggots. South side is littered with coons and spics. Mexicans are the real problem, they are literally trash people. I've only met a couple decent Mexicans out of all the fucking spics I've encountered. Chicago will eventually fall to the increasing nigger and spic population.

>n-nobody is allowed to move here after ME!

I'm coming and you cant stop me faggot.

Houston, Texas reporting in.

Slow loud and bangin.

how bout you get over here and suck my dick, nancy?

St. Johns, Newfoundlandfag here, it's one of the whiter cities in Canada, 93.4% of the city's white, 5% is native and 1% is chinese and like 0.6% is arab. The island in general is 99.2% white though.

There's really not much to say about the place except that everybody fits the Irish stereotype more than Irish people fit it. Everybody here's either a bloody drunk, a hardcore christian, or a fisherman, and everybody here has the most ridiculous, heaviest accent you can imagine compared to other english accents.

The city's one of the more monocultural cities in Canada and one of the only places in the damn country where local politicians put their foot down to protect our culture first, but Newfies will suck an outsider's dick if they're a tourist but as soon as outsiders move here (even if they're white), they get shat on constantly. Besides Quebec we're the only province where the locals don't want mudslimes here and actively fight against it.

The scenery out there's fucking breathtaking, the erosion from the oceans make for some of the most beautiful cliffs on the planet, and moose are really abundant here.

There's been an explosion of teenaged mallgoths/multi-gendered/special snowflake liberal with dyed hair the past year though, but a lot of them grow out of it thankfully.

Newfie politics are really fucking strange, it's a strange "right-wing liberalism", everybody here voted cuckdeau but everybody here praises trump at the same time, you could ask a newfie his opinion on Trudeau and they'll verbally suck his dick but then he'll go on to say Trump's the best thing for the west right now. You'll see Newfies praise Trudeau but go on to shit on towelheads. Really backwards people. Also 60% of the province owns guns.

yep fuck IPAs. I'm tired of every bar having 6 ipas on tap, 1 blonde and a cider. It sucks not following shitty beer trends.

North face is actually good gear, faggot. I am an avid backpacker and the expensive brands like marmot and northface actually make good shit. It's expensive but will be lighter and breathe better than you're shit flannel. Sorry you can't afford a clearance hard shell.

Albany, Oregon.
Quiet, working class/lower class city. Conservative leaning, largely white, only other major group is latinos. I have seen maybe a half dozen dindus in the last year.
Replace hipsters and subarus with white trash and turbo diesels and you have a decent description.
Once you get more than 60 miles from Portland in any direction, Oregon becomes a very different state.

you are a hillary shill, aren't you?

Just moved to Boise 2 months ago on a whim because I was sick of the southeast. Seems like a pretty cool town so far, but of course I had shit luck and my apartment complex seems to have quite a few brown people, including some obnoxious pakis or indians who live above me and keep me up half the fucking night.

Other than that, cost of living is pretty cheap, epic /out/ opportunities. Can be in the high desert, foothills, or mountains all within an hour. Skiing just north of town and tons of fishing, hiking, camping, kayaking/rafting, etc.

Interested to see how winter will be here, it'll be my first real one. Gotta get to work though or I'm gonna be broke soon, but that's because I'm being a lazy faggot lately.

D.C. native here. AMA.

kills yourself. you have no idea how lucky you are to live there you fucking piece of fuck

Not sure we beed to be that harsh but I'm afraid I agree with this guy. I lived in PDX for 4yrs. It's a fucking beautiful city.

How'd you like to live here?

Finger lakes are equally as far from me as Pittsburgh. Might as well be Canada.

Hyde Park. Close enough. I go to Beacon from time to time, the Dia gallery is nice.

Beer. Heheheheheheh.
Bikes.
woo hoo.

Phoenix. Nigs and Spics in the South are starting to attack white people because of Donald Trump. Can't wait until they get deported.

I don't know man it's nice if you fit in to the niche that thrives here. I feel pretty out of place and don't as much in other parts of the state. Also if you do fit into that niche go fucking kill yourself.

It is undeniably beautiful but the politics and culture are kind of terrible, the people have steadily gotten worse.
The way Portland rules the rest of the state should be illegal. I suppose we do have a nice amount of gun owners and concealed carry folks for such a liberal city though.

The grass is always greener on the other side but I was just hoping to discuss the local areas we live in and their politics.

I'm way up north, Cave Creek/Scottsdale. Don't have to worry about shitskins up here. The only ones who wander up this far are yard workers.