MOS2 Confirmed!

What are your hopes & ideas?
>> Have Clark fully embraced this world flaws & all post resurrection & becomes much more open & friendly to the public. Not Reeves level but, just find the fucking balance.
>> Scenes of him happily helping people with no underlying contradictory message.
>> Continue to handle Lois with subtlety & restraint. Don't give them relationship or trust issues just for bullshit drama. Continue to show her being a competent reporter.
>> Have Clark & her or maybe Clark & Perry investigating stuff.
>> Better editing for the final theatrical version then BVS or SS got.
>> I love him, but no more Snyder for 2 reasons, people will hate it because he made it pretty much no matter what & I worry he would not be willing to give us the happy hopeful Superman we need post resurrection.
>> JJ Abrams is not nor any other director are allowed to overly reference or homage the Reeves films, continue to let this Superman stand as his own.
>> No Kandor, it will only end depressingly & we need a hopeful ending movie.
>> Keep the outfit as is, maybe go back to the Mos outfit in every way but the bluer tone of the blue. Minimize the lines around the groin as much as humanly possible.
>> No Kryptonite for a while.
>> If they use Parasite, use the skinny faceless phantom like versions of him not the growing blob monster incarnations even for the finale.
>> If they use Parasite have him drain Clark, depowering him & he goes & helps people regardless of danger to himself.
>> I don't want Supergirl to be used but if they must, cast Olivia Thirlby.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NtIl-Mo6g1w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get George Miller to direct, do a totally different take than Snyder

If he could smile more that would be a great start.

Just as bad.

Good writer
Good director
No Snyder involved
Clean the shit Snyder left.

As long as he smiles often and doesn't murder anyone that's a step in the right direction for him. I personally like Cavill as Superman, he just needs more to work with.

That's Batman.

>This thing that was already going to happen has now been confirmed.

Villain makes black hole.
Supes gets sucked in.
Earth 2.
Start the fuck over.

>hopes and ideas
>not hopes and dreams
Wow.

I want Snyder to direct. That's it, probably. I trust Snyder.

Its not going to be Parasite or Toyman, my money is on Metallo. It will probably disappoint

BAN SUPERHEROS FROM Sup Forums

I'd say probably Brainiac. Metallo won't be a threat because Superman has already been able to overcome activated kryptonite. The only thing that hurts him is kryptonite gas, which people may not even be able to make anymore.

He didn't overcame kryptonite though.

Livewire

Add the whole JL crew so that they can get a free bump

Fuck no. Make this strictly Superman only.

PLEASE

I like the idea of him helping the people despite being depowered. I want some classic superman moments. I thought last movie we were going to get scenes like him helping a cat out of a tree and having protestors telling him to go back home then him crying in his room about how he failed his parents and he couldnt do it- that sort of struggle.

I want to see classic superman, being able to do anything but not everything. Have the story around him trying to save others and not being in too much danger himself. Please no world tier danger.

Also wtf happened to that scene that was shot with lex where he basically mindfucks some chick working at a diner? That was a big part of lex development but wasnt even in movie or ultimate cut...

I hope that by then we have mods that punt these threads to Sup Forums.

can someone tell me the appeal of metallo? Like honestly.

HE"S A TERMINATOR POWERED BY THE GREEN ROCK MCGUFFIN THAT MAKES SUPERMAN A BITCH!

It's confirmed when they actually go into active production. Until then it's people talking up the projects they're involved with personally, in the hope of generating enough interest to secure the funding they need for the project they want to make.

Should I even hope?

The one that literally does nothing except to Superman's species? That green rock mcguffin?

Fuck it. Can we just reboot so that Superman is allergic to, I don't know, penicillin instead? And it's not a real big problem but it does take his powers away, so that's why nobody knew what he was as a kid (except maybe the town doc, who had excellent ethics and saw him as a patient in need of a normal life), and then maybe some enemies learn about it by accident and aerosolize penicillin to attack him with.

Because this rock shit is shit.

Give Snyder a better script to work with, I'm sure he can pull it off.

>do a totally different take than Snyder
No keep things dignified & serious rather then campy just be hopeful & fulfilling at the same time.
>murder
Self defense or defense of others isn't murder.
>Metallo
Hope not, they won't make him visually as cool as the TAS version because of comparisons to Terminator so the will probably go with one of the lame bulky versions.
Would be interesting. Probably won't happen because of comparisons to Electro.
Maybe have her be a villain just to begin with but then Clark train her to use her powers for good.
>Also wtf happened to that scene that was shot with lex where he basically mindfucks some chick working at a diner? That was a big part of lex development but wasnt even in movie or ultimate cut...
Wat?

>>> No Kandor, it will only end depressingly & we need a hopeful ending movie.
That said... we could have other captured cities and Clark finds a habitable planet to leave them on after inspiring the different species to coexist.

Bizarro.
Played by Brandon Routh.

That's all.

Get jackie chan to direct!

Better writing
Less dumb humor
Lois not being shoehorned into every scene

Don't get JJ, get someone like George miller or even do wierd shit with Guillermo del toro

he should be the guy from the beginning of MoS who got his truck crashed

>this rock shit is shit

Why?

I personally like the JL Doom version of Metallo

>Brandon Routh
Nah no no no we need him for Ultraman dammit

>What's a sunk cost fallacy - WB exec

What exactly was wrong with the first MoS?

Goldblum would have been a awesome Lex.
Hell he would have even fit the characterization & acting style Jesse used for Lex.
That would be ok.

Yeah he did. The last scene of the movie is literally Superman killing a guy with a kryptonite weapon.

I really liked it, but the biggest error for me was that Jor-El played the traditional roles of both Jor-El and Pa Kent, giving Pa Kent no room to move. The "world won't accept you so stay hidden" teaching didn't really play well at all.

It also didn't introduce us to Clark Kent the guise until the final scene of the movie, Clarks a big part of Superman so I would have like that established earlier, would also have given more reason for Lois to be running around with him.

Where does this idea that the Superman we've seen so far isn't heroic or caring? The whole point is that in Dawn of Justice he's trying to do the right thing and be the classic Superman, but the overly paranoid and cynical world keeps shitting on him, until he finally lets it get to him. If he was cold or uncaring, he wouldn't have gotten so upset after the Capitol bombing.

It was incredible IMO. That said issues I will acknowledge.
> The execution of the tornado scene is iffy, too long, over dramatic and ill timed so it seems like Clark could have just ran without powers and saved Pa.
> Not addressing the destruction at all at the end.
> Clark wrecking the trucker's truck was childish spitefulness, which I think was the point but blemished his walking away as the better man prior.

Problems other people have with it that I do not agree with.
> The destruction happening at all.
> They claim Superman himself destroyed the city, which DID NOT fucking happen.
> Way too dark & dour for a Superman movie.
> Pa Kent is sociopathic or that he actually wanted Clark to let the kids die, because he tried to teach Clark that the needs of the many out way the needs of the few.
> Killing Zod.
Most agree it was justified under the circumstances but many claim the writer should never have chose to write him into such circumstances because they think Superman should always "find a way" aka mary sue his way through every tough spot.

Absolutely 100% agree, but people see it as it Snyder implying Superman is burdened to help people instead of actually wanting to help people.
They claim he seems like he is doing a annoying choir.
So we apparently need more scenes where he is blatantly happy to be helping out.

Pa was instrumental in Clark thinking he should do more with his powers and take his existence in the world seriously.

Twice the number of snapped necks. He just goes around snapping necks everywhere.

The real problem with the neck scene isn't the killing itself, but the fact that it goes from superman feeling and about that to the forced in comedy scene with the drone. It felt so out of place

Other than that It's fine, it's the third best superman behind 2 and 1

2 things: Lois annoying and Zod being killed. That's mostly it. I guess you could say it was a little slow at times? Pa Kent could have had dialogue which was a bit different but still contained the same basic message.

>Lois annoying
Lois was never annoying except maybe 2 lines early on and 1 at the end.

Yeah. That's why it's not that big of a deal, but prevents the movie from being perfect. At least she wasn't Rachel tier from Dark Knight.

I'll settle with the joker and Harley then

Jimmy's dead user. They killed jimmy

>just be hopeful & fulfilling at the same time.
so
>do a totally different take than Snyder

One thing I'm worried about is the music. Now that Zimmer is gone, who will they get to do it? Zimmer had a bunch of really good songs, and I especially like the way he combines themes, like when Superman and Wonder Woman are doing combo attacks against Doomsday.

Someone will betray him by kissing him on the cheek, there arent many christ references left.

>Snyder, sir! We're running out of Jesus imagery!
>Bring out the fanfiction.

No there was a ton of hope in both Mos & Bvs it just didn't permeate the whole god damn film because a intelligent person understands hope is most valuable when it is most needed.

this

Superman kills everyone.

I don't care anymore.

people are dumb
that's it
BvS was incredibly good.

retard
There is no posseble way that a DC fan couldn't find a hell of a lot to love in these films, even if you have the not muh virus.

Dawn of Justice had the most inspirational and hope-filled scene of all time. "If you seek his monument, look around you."

I don't know about anyone else, but that phrase really spoke to me.

>"If you seek his monument, look around you."
I teared up in the theater.

Since then I've only watched the ultimate cut though, did the theater cut have all the shots of the empty city?
I love those.

That was truly awesome.
Him holding on to DD even after seeing the nuke coming was great too.
Batman's "oh god" line when he saw the nuke from below was chilling.

>pulling out the no true scotsman this early

Beautiiful.

I don't care about Easter eggs if the movie is crap.

Batman & Robin had a reference to Superman in it, that means the film is good by default right? I mean no "true" fan would let a thing like the actual movie get in the way of muh precious trucking Easter eggs.

>Dawn of Justice had the most inspirational and hope-filled scene of all time. "If you seek his monument, look around you."

That scene might have had more impact if I didn't immediately think "The destruction his battle with Doomsday left in his wake? Yeah, I guess it would be around the city, just look around you.."

It was the Jenny Olsen/whatever the fuck her last name was going "HE SAVED US!" while literally looking at twelve 9/11's worth of destruction while she said it but somehow worse. I'm getting really fucking tired of these movies constantly telling me how inspiring this version of Superman is instead of showing it.

Keep Hack Snyder away from it.

DoJ was about Superman finally finding his place in the world, and Batman turning away from the dark and violent path he had led himself on. It was hopeful. True, the path there wasn't always easy, but that's how real life sometimes is.

>I don't care about Easter eggs
youtube.com/watch?v=NtIl-Mo6g1w
This scene is NOT a fucking easter egg.

>constantly telling me how inspiring this version of Superman is
I didn't see BvS
He sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday you gigantic faggot.

You have no arguments.
You seem to enjoy hating the movie for things that aren't in it.

THEY EVEN TAKE TIME TO MENTION THAT THE CITY IS EMPTY JUST TO APPEASE AUTISTS LIKE YOU

Bruce's face during the funeral scene is just heartbreaking. Major props to Ben Affleck.

>True, the path there wasn't always easy, but that's how real life sometimes is.

this
Grimdark meme hustlers are getting tiring.

Cringe

>"The destruction his battle with Doomsday left in his wake? Yeah, I guess it would be around the city, just look around you.."
But it didn't cause any destruction but to the port area.
The city was unharmed except the 1 single building DD threw Superman into after smashing his statue.

>It was the Jenny Olsen/whatever the fuck her last name was going "HE SAVED US!" while literally looking at twelve 9/11's worth of destruction while she said it but somehow worse
Because that wasn't even a millionth the destruction that would have happened had he not saved them.
Can you seriously not wrap your mind around the fact that extinction of the human race & 1 6th of a city are light years from each other?"

>Cringe
>C
phoneposter spotted

>He sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday you gigantic faggot.

only because he had to save Lois

Don't remind me, user. :

No?
Lois only gave him an Anchor.
Pa Kent on the mountain top already talked about how saving yourself for personal gain causes more harm than good.

You need to watch the movie again.

They only say his name in the credits.
He's not referred to as Jimmy Olsen anywhere in the film.
If a writer wants to use him, he'll be in the next movie.
Played by a different actor of course.

>Flight scene

Yeah, sure, fine. That's a nice scene, but so was the plane scene in Superman Returns. Its an individual moment, not the whole.

>He sacrificed himself to stop Doomsday you gigantic faggot.

I character I had no connection to died to killing a creature with no personality or goals. Great.

And he only sacrifices himself to save Lois, further solidifying Snyder';s weird obsession of making this version of Supes being characterised solely by his relationship to her. He has no character the second she leaves the screen, his entire personality and thoughts and feelings are tied to her.

>THEY EVEN TAKE TIME TO MENTION THAT THE CITY IS EMPTY JUST TO APPEASE AUTISTS LIKE YOU

What a pussy excuse Snyder uses to justify doing the exact same shit he did in MoS. It's still empty cardboard boxes being knocked down so I can watch two guys weightlessly pinball each other around the city.

His action is still fucking boring, and these buildings being empty doesn't mean watching them begin knocked down still isn't tiring and stale.

BRAINIAC AND/OR MONGUL. ITS TIME TO GO COSMIC

(You)

That's fine if you hate everything blah blah blah, the fact is this Supes is VERY relatable and I felt his death much more than in the DoS comic.

Boring action is subjective etc...

Keep hating the movie.

Oops meant to reply to OP

He introduces himself in the ultimate cut. The only reason Snyder does this is because he replaced the real Jimmy with a rule 63 OC. If a writer wanted to use Jimmy in the script, he will have to use Jenny.

>He has no character the second she leaves the screen, his entire personality and thoughts and feelings are tied to her.
Bullshit, his whole past with his parents, with Jor, with his confliction over humanities reaction to him is all separate from her.
Him wanting to save people as a kid and even while trying to keep hidden proves he wants to save more then just Lois.
>It's still empty cardboard boxes being knocked down so I can watch two guys weightlessly pinball each other around the city.
But they didn't fight in the city and they didn't knock over or into any buildings except what Doomsday's shockwaves took out in the port.

>a rule 63 OC
Oh rightt.
I like Jenny though.

>That's fine if you hate everything blah blah blah

I liked MoS despite all the stupid shit and the awful structure. It had a few moments and sections that genuienly worked for me.

I guess Snyder realised he almost humanised Supes ina couple scenes or maybe those were Nolan's doing. Good thing Snyder took those out, it left more time for Superman to make the same expression over and over again.

>f a writer wanted to use Jimmy in the script, he will have to use Jenny.

Yeah, I can't wait to see all these characters brought back, they were used so well in BvS with their zero fucking seconds of screentime.

Expanding and solidifying Superman's characters and actually letting Clark be a character? Not when there's more Batman screen-time to be had! We really need to know just how much of a CrossFit bro he is, but I swear this movie is evenly distributed between Batman and Superman!.

The main reason I'm frustrated with the film is Lex. I like how he was the ultimate puppetmaster behind everything, and how they do a good job of showing how seriously fucked in the head he is, but Eisenberg was just way too campy. Just like Hackman and Spacey, he portrayed Lex as a flaky wisecracker who wouldn't be out of place in the Adam West Batman show.

>I guess Snyder realised he almost humanised Supes ina couple scenes or maybe those were Nolan's doing. Good thing Snyder took those out, it left more time for Superman to make the same expression over and over again.
You must realize that people are not this simplistic.
Also, Snyder doesn't write his cape movies.

>but Eisenberg was just way too campy.
I spent a year in a mental institute and that's how deranged but smart people act.
It was less campy, more unhinged.

it's called Batman v Superman for a reason

I think you mean Batman v Luthor with Superman as the MacGuffin.

If we're being honest.

Yeah, I definitely saw that he was unhinged. Hell, he committed mass treason just to fuck with Superman. I guess I just wanted someone with a lot more...bigness I suppose? I know Eisenberg is in his mid thirties, but he sure doesn't sound or look it.

>with Superman as the MacGuffin.
It's like you didn't watch th movie.
It's about Supes not being able to convince everyone that he is here to help even though he tries and tries.
You're gonna get your panties in a knot, but the real answer is that a lot of Supes arc was gutted and is only in the Ultimate Cut.

to be honest Superman already has MoS so he is an already established character in this universe

>Also, Snyder doesn't write his cape movies.
Snyder gets a Story credit on everything he does and has basically admitted that he pushed some of the more controversial ideas in MoS and BvS.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice

>Written by
>Chris Terrio
>David S. Goyer

stop lying pls

Would Livewire be a good CU villain?

So they're all doing a stilted impression of Max Landis, while being unable to get a single sentence out without displaying one of a dozen involuntary ticks?

Eisenberg's performance was shit. Doesn't matter if you found it "realistic".

>Eisenberg's performance was shit.
Objectively no.

>It's about Supes not being able to convince everyone that he is here to help even though he tries and tries.

Would would be interesting if we got any sense of him as a character. But Snyder refuses to characterise him beyond symbolism, he's like Neo in the Matrix sequels.

Its an internal conflict the movie refuses to deal with because it refuses to let Superman have anything internet to him as a character. He's a vessel for le kino and nothing else, even his death is doused in Arthurian symbolism and Christ imagery at the same fucking time.

But Batman? Oh man,. he gets all the interesting internal conflict he wants! Just ladle it on him, but Snyder swears he's totally a fan of Supes despite robbing the character of any agency so he can make Batman have all the interesting parts of the movie.

Yes on those. Maybe get the writers of South Park in this and you may get a DC film that will not alienate new fans, but get new fans.