Paranatural

Paranatural

>*Gets flustered on a date and ducks under the table to call my mom*

Next update will be Friday.

My God this comic has lots all things resembling charm. I guess its more like Bleach then anyone guessed. Completely downhill after a promising introduction.

>I guess its more like Bleach then anyone guessed. Completely downhill after a promising introduction.
I think Homestuck is closer in that respect.

Well the author did promise he wanted to make the comic unappealing to the Sup Forums readers.

IT SUCKS!
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

we get it, she's a blind black lesbian. he could've stopped after the second panel and gotten it across just as well, and not waste the rest of the page beating a dead horse.

i have no idea what's going on with these last few comics but i don't recognize updates when they happen

all shounen anime is like that. naruto, shaman king, even yu yu hakusho kinda. it's all WAY more fun in the introduction, when anything is possible. then at some point it becomes their JOB

I'm sorry a character has to have traits you don't like

For a page a week this is a really unimpressive update. And I was the type of faggot that was okay with hitball.

Hunter X Hunter is the only exception.

i'm fine with the character traits, and don't normally complain about things like this, i just think he dragged the joke on way too long.

It's not a joke though?

>A gag this simple takes up a full, eleven fucking panel page.

Is this what happens when you get paid by the page with no upper limit? You just drag shit out as long as possible and disregard quality?

And "body-pos". Don't forget that.

zarei's overreaction to her threat being misinterpreted as a flirt. maybe 2 or 3 panels at the very most.

WHY IS EVERYONE COVERED IN NEON SMOKE

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DISTRACTING VISUAL ELEMENT

It is easier to draw than BACKGROUNDS.

Zack wants the JoJo audience.

I don't know what the hell else you're supposed to call those seven panels of spaghetti spilling.

That's not the joke. It wasn't misinterpretation. Day thought that Zarei trying to threaten her was dumb and cute.
Day being a lesbian is not in and of itself a joke.

You're complaining about this now?

from what i heard yeah i'd enjoy the story progression a lot better in hunterhunterhunter.. i wish it had an anime

Uh. It does have an anime. 2 in fact. And the 2011 one is incredible.

I miss Max. Can we go back to Max.

Who's Max?

>Day is a lesbian because she fawns over her professor

So...SpongeBob was so homo on Kevin all this time? TIL.

what

God paranatural and its threads have gotten worse over time

just kill it already Zhack

at least there'll be no more days without updates because of cons

>SpongeBob was so homo on Kevin
t-this kevin..?

Kevin the Sea Cucumber? From "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic", the SpongeBob episode where there's this big jellyfishing convention? "HI KEVIN, I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN. 8D "?

Really though, why does (almost) everyone keep thinking there's something more between Day and Zarei like this? Pretty deluded, if you ask me.

Oh no, the denial of homosexuality is happening again. You guys really are something else.

She literally just told Zarei she thinks mysterious women are hot.

I have been wondering...would Zack be able to release his pages faster if he had someone hired to ink his early sketches?

I mean, that someone doesn't need to do anything else. Just the stage after Zack finishes his first draft and before Zack colours it in before publishing...at least that would lessen his workload a bit, theoretically.

Would that be an improvement, Sup Forumsmrades?

>Well the author did promise he wanted to make the comic unappealing to the Sup Forums readers.
Didn't most of the initial word of mouth about his comic start with Sup Forums?

I didn't see any bedroom eyes before, user. coughSpender/Isabelcough

Also, that was before this update []. (Fault's on me though...Day's "OMG faces" were too distracting + nauseating for me to notice.)

>Next update will be Friday
Well, that sucks. I was gonna purge every single PNAT data I have today (don't think I can wait on this pitch dripping of a comic longer anymore)...but now I've to go on a family excursion!

that denial.

>.SpongeBob was so homo
bob is literally a lgbt icon you know. For a reason.

An excuse not to draw backgrounds.

I'm finding that I have no interest in the comic left and if I didn't come back to shitpost in the threads I would have already forgotten it.

True.

See .

The thing is she's a webcomic character. All webcomic characters are lesbians until proved otherwise.

Yes. Assistants make things faster. What he needs is someone to focus on backgrounds.

No he's not

I don't know about you guys but I think Paranatural's anime adaptation is a vast improvement over the original.

Agreed

>all shounen anime is like that.
it's the comic publishers that cause it, creators develop a good pitch that covers the early arc and they either get cut off with low rating or they get pushed to keep stretching things out till it falls apart, and it's been happening for a long time, dragon ball was mostly just meant to roughly cover a lose "journey to the west" adaption.

I knew she was a dike!

Shameless samefag.

I love it
Spender tries to be cool and fails
She tries to be intimidating and fails.

Imma ship her and him now.

Sad but true. At least western productions don't seem to suffer from this as much.

And Hack Morris is straight up copying all of that because he's another god damn weeb who learned to draw and is polluting the world with a garbage anime knockoff comic.

Everyone who rips off anime in their comic or cartoon should be put in extermination camps. Not even joking.

Fucking smashed it. After the first couple of arcs it fizzled and died.

Yep. He is a sanctimonious cunt.

Is there any lewd stuff of Day yet?

Why is she looking around if shes blind?
Panel 1, 5, and 7 has her looking in several different directions.

...She IS blind you mongol.

Wow thanks for the news flash you stupid fucking faggot.
>Why is she looking around if shes blind?

BECAUSE SHE'S BLIND.

BLIND PEOPLE TYPICALLY DON'T FOCUS THEIR EYES ON A SINGLE THING

Is this the most social justice friendly comic without an explicit social justice premise? Even Questionable Content seems subtle compared to LGBTQnatural

They don't utilize them at all holy shit have you even seen a blind person?
They'll turn their head if they hear something, but their eyes don't focus on any particular object or person.
Look at panel 5.
The head is is at an angle yet they're still looking across the table directly at the woman.
Blind people don't fucking do that.
Please kill yourself.

People who are blind from birth don't do that.
People who lost their sight still do.

Who is this Chubby Chocolate-colored Choderaiser?

>she's a lesbian
How much more pander can we get?

Is Zach really writing a lesbian romance story between a sassy blind overweight black women and a Muslim doctor? What kind of liberal utopia is Mayview.

I'd argue that Rurouni Kenshin was the one that started slow and you had to slog through the SoL and one shot villains before you got to the Oniwabanshu and then Shishioh arcs. Zatch Bell is sort of like that, too.

He has no incentive to speed things up, so yes.

God I hope Zarei's not a lesbian. Does every fucking webcomic need to have a lesbian pairing on it? It's starting to get tiring. I was hoping Zack would do the brave thing and make a male gay couple but nooo, he had to play it safe and do like everybody else.

Their spirit power aura.
Obviously flexes like a muscle and can be emotion based too.

Beats the lil muscle plus thing animes do.

I don't get where people are getting the lesbian part?
I mean what exactly has happened or said that makes this feels like two lesbians?

That would make sense if it only flared up for extreme emotions, but they're both just on spirit-fire the whole time despite feeling different things. That's terrible visual design, akin to having your characters face-fault in every panel.

Are you a fucking robot?

>I think mysterious women are sexy.
>I hope you feel the same way about DANGER...wait, no, that doesn't-
>AHAHA OMG THAT'S SOOO CUTE!
>-BLUSHES, SHRIEKS, HIDES UNDER TABLE-

It feels like one lesbian.

In the distant future, after PLOT happens and the suspicion and mistrust gives way to friendship, maybe Zarei will reciprocate. It's not impossible that's where the story heads.

They can't lower the barrier around Mayview, but maybe they can lower the barrier around...Zarei's heart.

It seems to typically flare up with emotions, but I don't think I've ever seen Zarei without green glow SOMEWHERE, because she's a wreck. The pink girl is just always super happy.

Does it count as pandering if the lead female of my comic is gay, but it isn't really brought up outside of her standards of beauty, she doesn't get in a relationship, and it partially exists to stop people from assuming her close friendship with the male lead is romantic?

That post was about couples not individuals so no. It also wasn't complaining about pandering, just overly playing it safe.

Yeah, but people generally view gay women in media as pandering now since tons of people jump on that. It's hard to just say "this character came out that way" to people, especially if the character is homosexual AND important.

It's not pandering, but just a warning; people will ship her with the male lead no matter how much the story says otherwise.

Why is she gay at all? Why not just have her NOT attracted to the male lead? Male/female friendships can exist.

I know, there's nothing I can do about it because the story is about coping. She starts with a girl that's her friend, the friend dies, and then the guy comes into the story.

No matter what I do, she will be shipped with both. Gay or not only changes which one gets more attention, and I'd rather have less people undermine my story's point if I can help it.

Because I said "partially." The character just ended up being that way and it was just a bonus that it can help push people away from shipping those two.

Paranatural more like PAIR O' LESBIANS

She is not blind, her sight is just bad.

>sexy
read again, that's not the word.

Yeah. She sees slightly better in bright daylight.

She's legally blind but doesn't have a complete lack of vision.

So... what are Zarei and Patchworm going to talk about though?

Man, why ya gotta remind me. I just forgot that terrible ending. My poor, poor children. My w8ifu. All sacrificed for what? Nothing.

Oh, sorry, "alluring", which is totally meant in a platonic context right now.

Seriously, you're either stupid or intentionally playing coy to win an internet argument right now if you can't see that Day is at least PRETENDING to flirt right now.

I can't seem to recall her ever being sassy.

i always thought that ''i'm blind'' line was because she is blind on that specific moment, and not that she is 'always blind'.

>woman
>person of color
>plus-size
>differently abled
>LGBTQA+

Good job, Zack. You nailed every tumblr checkbox in one character. All of the privilege has been checked.

Actually, it's a good thing you made the muslim a separate character. The internet couldn't handle the magnitude of a character that privilege-free.

Bloat is the silent nemesis to good writing. "Another character couldn't hurt-" and WHAM! You're down hundreds of pages on minor characters expressing their feelings as the story grinds to a halt.

I mean she says "what OMG" it's only a small step from that to going "oh no he didn't" while shaking her finger

the oxford dictionary itself offers an example of 'alluring' that has nothing to do with sexy. Sorry, but you're just forcing your context.

That's less sassy and more childish and excitable, really.

>doesn't know about magical powers privilege
It's worth about 3/5ths of white privilege but it's still a fucking privilege shitlord.