Theo/pol/ -- Pilot Thread

Welcome to Theo/pol/. You can consider this a grafted branch of the Christian threads. Please use the name to portion of your post to inform others of your perspective

Where do you fall theologically? Here is a somewhat easy guide:

>Do you affirm the divinity of Jesus and his bodily resurrection from physical death?

If no, you are a liberal. If yes, you are either conservative or moderate.

>Do you believe the Bible is the Truth? (That is, a revelation of Jesus in its entirety, not just the Gospels or the New Testament)

If no, you are a moderate. If yes, you are a conservative.

>Would you sign-off on the Chicago Statement of Inerrancy?
> library.dts.edu/Pages/TL/Special/ICBI_1.pdf
If yes, you are a Fundamentalist

Tertullian-style argument is acceptable as long as it produces top keks.

Recommended Reading:
> "The Journey of Modern Theology" by Roger Olson
> The "Christian Origins and the Question of God" series by N. T. Wright
> "The Gospel According to Heretics" by David Wilhite
> "A Little Exercise for Young Theologians" by Helmut Thielicke
> "Institutes of the Christian Religion" by John Calvin
> "Summa Theologica" by Thomas Aquinas

Let's start things off easy. What are you reading right now. Pic related. "Paul and the Faithfulness of God" by N. T. Wright from the recommended reading. I've just about finished part 2 of it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>grafted branch of
stopped reading there
you're some kind of judaizer aren't you?

Only if you consider Paul a Judaiser. Those are his words. Paul is also the guy who said that the Judaisers were "those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh" (Phil. 3:2)

Saw the thread and maybe this has some significance?
Found on an older bread

>What are you reading right now.

This short work. Just had a death in the family.

that's the language I hear people use when they try to insist that jews have a separate covenant with god and christians are merely grafted onto their tree, and that's why we need to send more shekels to israel

I've never seen a LARPagan come close to refuting this.

That's because they join pagan religions because they like the Hollywood badass raider Vikings or "muh tradition"

I was once listening to red ice radio with the pagan girl interviewing ben shapiro
at the end she said something like 'christianity is aweful and the real heritage of europeans is paganism' and kike shaprio said "I wont disagree with that'
triggered the fuck out of me desu

Your religion is the most destructive ideology ever conceived.

How is it destructive?

Lewis is a huge influence on Wright. If you look at his book titles, he stole nearly all of them from Lewis. Check out "Surprised by Hope" next.

That's dispensationalism. They believed that not all of the promises of Israel's restoration were fulfilled in Jesus. They think of themselves as very conservative Christians, but really it's pretty liberal when you think about it.

Paul believes Israel's law and promises are fulfilled in the Messiah's (Jesus) death and resurrection. As such, ethnic Israel (the Jews) have their identity fulfilled in Jesus. Gentiles are indeed "grafted in", but the tree is not ethnic Israel, the tree is the Messiah. As such, those who reject the messiah are cut off from the tree.

>yes
>no
>never
There are many gods however, Jesus was just a demigod, son of Yahweh, the city god of Jerusalem before Judaism took over and said no he's not just the god of Jews he's the only god because Yahweh is prob narcissistic or something.

That's not liberalism, just heresy. That's called Arianism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism

Will do, the local christian bookstore is a real treasure they probably have a copy.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism
kinda, but Arians aren't exactly polytheistic

Catholics aren't Christian

you're not christian

I am Christian, i actually pay attention to God's word.

jesus built a church, he didn't write a book.

Hello everyone. I was born to a secular Christian family, but with the passing of time, I've become less and less religious (damn you teenage years). Now I'm twenty and the rampant degenracy in the world is making me find a weird comfort in Jesus Christ. I'd like to get back into the faith, and I'd like to know more about it. I've read the New Testament only once, when I was eleven, and most of it was beyond the capabilities of my young mind. I intend to read the Bible again, but I may also need auxiliary books to understand it better. Any tips, Sup Forums?

Lutheranism is catholicism that has been purified and pays attention to God's Word. It is the true heir of apostolic age. Stay mad, cucks

Pagan here, what do you want me to refute?
I think a lot of people who study history and philosophy subscribe to pagan traditions like Platonism and Stoicism because they are essentially Christian in values (belief in objective morality and living a virtuous life) while avoiding the ridiculous metaphysical claims about some illiterate desert dweller being the literal son of God and God simultaneously (inb4 "trinitarianism is a holy mystery"). I would highly suggest learning about the history of the early church. The early Christians were a largely hellenized group as the infographic even points out.

is over there. If you want to have threads about your superstition do it over there.

Friendly reminder that Jesus was cuck
Friendly reminder that Jesus father was a cuck
Friendly reminder that you are also a cuck if you follow the jewish carpenter.

OP I prefer to skip the dialectic and just purge these degenerates rather than bother wasting valuable mental effort on them.

What is your reading level? Brown's Intro to the New Testament is pretty good. He was a Catholic out of Yale.

>The early Christians were a largely hellenized group as the infographic even points out.

Um, the earliest Christians were all Jews. When you read Acts, Galatians and Philippians it is readily apparent the tendency was to error too much in Pharasaical-esque expressions of Judaism rather than Paganism. Hellenistic Christianity heavily influential until at least some time after AD 70

I found pics like yours funny back when I was 12.

Are you 12? That would explain why you are throwing a tantrum when someone insult your imaginary friend.

almost invariably when a person seems to be attacking christianity, they are not in fact, but instead attack an impostor, which in the west is most often one of the countless heads of the hydra of protestantism.

>Considering "cuck" is just a catch-all term for "someone pol doesn't like" your "reminder" doesn't serve any use for any relevant dialogue.

>JUST

Still mad Snow and Tree niggers willingly converted?

In English? Way better than my writing and speaking level for sure. Whether I've read any philosophical books or the like in English? I tried (and failed) with Evola, but nothing else. Otherwise I read almost all my fiction in English.

>when Odin gets his ass whooped by yahweh

>Linking me to /x/
>Still fucking it up
t. Redditcuck

What are you even doing on Sup Forums?

Treenigger, are you going to save the white race? You better start marrying up those coalburners.

If you want to read the New Testament with a brief scholarly aide, go Brown. If you want to go deep at still a lay level, go with N. T. Wright's "For Everyone" series. It's made to help lay people read the Bible with scholarly aides, yet on a basic and accessible level.

I guess it depends on what group of early Christians we're talking about.

Thank you :) .

kek. I don't know how that had gotten in my reply to you. I previous user had linked me to /x/.

I dont personally believe in the Christian god. Ive seen things in nature that seem pretty fucking supernatural, but nothing to prove your specific diety.
Im not going to respond to any pascal's wagers btw. There are to many variables to simply think your god is correct.
However, a child should not be raised in a vaccum of belief while hostile beliefs exist. Untill the towelheads are all dead, my children will be raised orthodox, and I will pretend to be orthodox. That is my position on Christianity.

The bible! Only fools would go and read commentary on the bible instead of going to the source.

Everything you have marked when you click on a post number gets greentexted automatically.

>Free Church

Nice heresy you got going there.

Underrated thread.

I CAN BAPTIZE MYSELF WHENEVER I LIKE

I've been Christian less than a year. Reading Mere Christianity right now.

I don't believe 100% of the Bible is literal truth, but that it was written or passed on in a way that we as humans could understand and relate to. Some of it has been distorted.

For example, I believe God designed the laws of the Universe such that evolution was possible and would inevitably result in the human animal once God created the initial conditions. Adam was the first soul with a human body, and that may have been tens of thousands of years ago, not 4000.

I believe in the atonement and that Jesus was resurrected and performed miracles.

Doesn't mean you are less of a heretic.

>For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them -Romans 2:14-15
I think god liked some of those prechristian pagans too. that's why he made them into christians.