ANNOUNCEMENT IN 5 MINUTES

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/elonmusk
theverge.com/2016/8/23/12611466/tesla-battery-upgrade-p100d-model-s-x-ludicrous
motherboard.vice.com/read/elon-musk-simulated-universe-hypothesis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it true that he said we're living in a computer simulation?

ELON MUSK ANNOUNCEMENT TESLA ANNOUNCEMENT

We Minority Report now.

That faggot is the biggest scam artist since Tesla himself

He said it was a very likely possibility.

It depends on some variables we don't understand yet. Essentially a super advanced future humanity-originating intelligence would probably simulate millions of earths.

In this case we have 1/10000000 of not being the simulation.

twitter.com/elonmusk

refresh

what decides how likely it is to be true? why is it such low odds

Elon Musk @elonmusk 14s14 seconds ago

Journalist Q&A for 30 mins and embargo ends at 12:30

what a faggot

Essentially assuming a future humanity or other society simulates something like earth. They could potentially simulate millions of earths.

In this case, the chance you are a "real" person and not a simulation is extremely low.

IT is based on the prediction that there is not a great filter we are about to hit though.

so is it happening

at 12:30

lol? play too much games??

Nigga it's 1507

At least in my simulation it is.

Too many*

Wheres that pic of elon where hes bald fuck that government money spending shill

lol? are you 16 years old??

When did he say that?
Got a link?

add 40 and u will get my age nigga. i'm 56.
idgaf amerifat. you suck too many dicks

That's all possible if simulations could ever be that advanced. As amazing as computers and robotics have gotten in the last quarter century alone, there is no doubt in my mind that a team of people could create a program as vast or complicated as the universe we live in. There's just no way.
I think people will come to see that creating such a simulation will never be possible, that the universe we live in IS top dog. But only time will tell.

how will the stock price react? $TSLA

I was only trying to help. I admire that you are fluent in another language, as I've tried learning a few and couldn't seem to get it.

>only sucking one dick

You some kinda faggot?

what if a simulation is created to create the simulation?

>no doubt

Meant to say 'much doubt'

Its probably shit

It seems so. He should stick to what he knows (business) and stop embarrassing himself.

My own position, though I can't prove it, is that computers will never attain general intelligence, and certainly not consciousness. We will still get robots who appear at the level of retards, and naive people will ascribe consciousness to them. SJWs will fight for their rights.

We'll never be able to escape the fact that a simulation is basically just a shadow of the universe it was created in. So you wouldn't be able to create a simulation that's better
For every simulation that's created, there'd probably be a sort of diminishing quality.

>20 minutes until we learn something we already know but is repackaged into a media message of 'wow he's doing some interesting things!!!"

mfw it will be "Don't vote for Trump"

so beautiful

Post the financials on Tesla. The company loses so much money on every car sold. They are propped up by government backing.

>He should stick to what he knows (business) and stop embarrassing himself.
You do realised that you can accept that an idea is valid and still not agree with it?

>another divorce

100% Musk is voting Trump. He loves this country.

i don't believe consciousness can be digitally simulated, but hypothetically, it if were, why would there be diminishing quality?

i recommend reading Permutation City

Mineral mining in the asteroid belt calling it now

>you wouldn't be able to create a simulation that's better

Those anime sex VR systems seem to already be doing a better job.

is it important if life is a simulation? the entity simulating it may live in a simulation itself
there's really no point arguing over this if our universe's matter can be simulated to act exactly like it in a simulation
direct knowledge of the higher world is impossible to perceive or prove

He found a way to allow humans to impregnate cars now you can fuck your Tesla

But simulated happiness is better than real life happiness you'll pursue and never achieve.

>your life is just a simulation and when you "die" you get to wake up in the true futuristic utopia, and maybe choose to play again!
>finally, a decent scientific answer to the questions of the universe! no more of this farcical "the universe has a deliberate creator and when you die you get to go to paradise" shit peddled by stupid christians

>im 56
>lol
>idgaf
>nigga
>amerifat
somehow i doubt it

>Asteroid Mining
YOU HAVE TEN SECONDS TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU DON'T WANT THIS TO BE THE ANNOUNCEMENT SO THE NEXT SPACE RACE CAN BEGIN.

PROTIP: YOU CAN'T

lol m8
what languages u tried to learn?? when i learned german at school the first thing we did was learn to count to 10 then introduce yourself. (btw i quit that shiet because german is boring as fock and i have no use for it and only reason i started learning is was to understand what hitler was saying in his speeches but i realized his speeches has been translated to other languages jk im not a focking neo-nazi motherfock)

where's the diversity, shitlord? i dont see anyone being vibrantly beheaded

Please stop existing

>lol m8
>u
>btw
>jk
>motherfock
you are 12 not 56

My bets:

>Second round of announcements about Model 3
>Tesla truck announcement
>Demo of the new solar freakin' roof he's working on
>Announcement of partnership with SolidEnergy batteries
>Announcement that he's moving forward with the battery powered plane idea he teased before
>Confirmation of first reused Falcon9 launch date

you sound like an 8th grader in 2003

what do you think he will (re)invent this time?

Letting niggers in space

retard read a book. i bet u failed in debate class because ur arguments suck dick niqqa.

Either the simulation has to be exactly, down to every microscopic detail, emulate every mechanic of the universe. If it can only reach 99.9% of that, then there's a diminishing quality.

You can't create a simulation more vast and complicated than the universe we live in. There will never be a way. So yeah, I think the deeper and deeper you with simulations, the more simple things will be.

I'll check that book out though, I haven't read much on this but it's impossible not to talk about in this day and age.

HERE IT COMES, LADS. ONE MINUTE!

there isn't a deficit of minerals and metals
asteroid mining would prove too costly compared to improving on-earth drilling technology

It's about Ceres.

bad move, you'd lose them in a second

"guys i'm a robot"

"and now so are all of you"

>86321973
i cant give you s to such obvious bait
you were doing okay but this is just horrible
here have some of my OC i made just for you

Wait so jews really ARE alien hybrids?

its so sad people think theyr in some simulation bs because they are never outside lol if ur one of them u need some sunlight nigga go outside.

it would be viable just for building shit in orbit/on the moon

>Be Tesla
>Invent the 3-phase motor
>revolutionize the world of power transmission and usage
>some faggot on Sup Forums calls you a scam artist while hugging his cum-encrusted waifu pillow

okay yeah it was fun
you can stop now

Stop trying to sound retarded. If you're, then my apologies.

>You can't create a simulation more vast and complicated than the universe we live in

our universe is the simulation you retard.

>86322246

Wow its fucking nothing

theverge.com/2016/8/23/12611466/tesla-battery-upgrade-p100d-model-s-x-ludicrous

Icelandic and Russian. I picked up the Russian fairly well but if I would go more than a day without practicing I'd forget.

if that would be viable, than at this point the moon would already be mined for titanium and other metals and minerals

>If you're, then my apologies.
I can't figure out if you're not allowed to put you're by itself like that with a comma, anyone know?

ur country is poor, i go to vacation there to laugh at u guys. how about u stop because im worth more than you? nigga

what was the nouncment?

>american
why am i not suprised?
do you even know what a covalent electron is?

Right, the enthusiasts had pretty much figured that out for a while now, since someone discovered there was already a P100 mode in the software, and newer P90s were mysteriously outperforming older ones, while supposedly being identical in spec.

>our cars accelerate fast and are real fast
>but you have to obey the speed laws

I just don't get it.

>86322519
jesus christ okay we get it
stop
no really
stop it now

I'm voting for trump in this electron.

Asteroids have been identified which have an estimated 90-95% platinum content by mass.

That's orders of magnitudes better than any ore we can find on Earth.

Let's not even talk about the even rarer metals like palladium, iridium etc.

If we could mine from asteroids at a reasonable cost it would be a game changer for humanity.
Imagine a world where a 1kW hydrogen fuel cell costs 100$.

He announced that he's gay.

true. He should stick to the investment collection """business""" where he's an expert in.

What is your question?

lol m8 ur so retarded u cant even quote someone
and ur comebacks are shit.

Any streams?

What proof do you have? We can't even emulate a single fucking atom in a simulation, let alone 10000^1000 atoms.

>shipping a small container into lower orbit costs about USD$200M

>thousands of tonnes of materials would be needed to start building shit

people who want to mine asteroids are betting that will just be cheaper than sending stuff into lower orbit in the long run, but its not viable yet as the tech doesnt exists

>in this case

If there were a million simulations of the earth (assuming there was an earth already to mimic and they're not just simulating random worlds) then it's one in a million chance we are the the earth and not a simulation. Not hard to figure.

>in this case

motherboard.vice.com/read/elon-musk-simulated-universe-hypothesis

>believing the Universe is a simulation
>calling others retarded

The odds of our existence being a simulation becomes astronomically more unlikely the more you think about it. So, according to you Mr. Scientist, there is a larger Universe with a super advanced species in it, and that species has created something which can hold our (expanding) Universe inside of it. There are a lot of implications there, including that such an act is even possible. Even if it were physically possible to do something this advanced, the odds of us being in that simulation are much lower than the odds of our regular Universe just existing. Stop trying to make science look bad, fucking mudslime.

If there is a God he would make millions of earths.
Checkmate Athiests!

>If you're, then my apologies.

English has alot of weird grammar rules, i'm pretty sure you can't write it like that in england, can you in america?

learn how to read bait and why people slide threads. This comment of mine is designed to help dumbshits to stop entertaining these threads as the mods are poofters.

ouga booga rich nord, how many times did ur gf, sis and mom get raped by dindus?
i heard it's open season on nord hoes there, they even fuck them on pavement in front of parliament

ouga booga, send me some oil and gas, oh rich nord.

they make it sound like its his theory
it isnt

it just sound weird like that

Filing for bankruptcy?

the guy can buy our country

But what are you in normal human years?

No that's not good English (in America or Britain)

Close, but no cigar.

You may want to sit down for this Jamal, but it's simulations all the way down...in an infinite well.

Remember: in my father's house, there are many mansions.