Why are police fat? It seems counterproductive to job performance

Not to mention unhealthy.

They had to drop standards to allow women to become cops

That doesn't make any level of sense. If a fat woman can join the police force, a normal-sized thin woman can.

You can't argue "lowered standards" if the guys are fat as fuck too.

SHART IN POLICE MART

He means a fat man is as physically capable as a normal woman.

I think you're on the wrong board

They lowered the fitness standards because they wanted more women cops, less women could meet their original standards and they were getting shit on by the diversity faggots

Just means they're good shooters

well that's what they told the fat guys when i was drafted

No it's not the standards, a Sup Forumsack wouldn't be able to pass the standards anyways, but the reason why there are fat cops is because once a person finally becomes a police officer, he graduated the academy, that person lets loose. Some officers just stop caring about their diet and let loose, and they become fat. You don't enter the force fat because they won't allow you.

Haven't seen a fat policeman in my life.

this is fat discrimination.

The police here used to have to keep fit or be demoted to desk work, now they don't seem to give a shit at all

It's all on the officer, if he doesn't want to take care of himself that's his downfall.

It's the fattest profession in the US. Probably started due to free donuts and a boring job. I think at this point we're looking at a crab bucket. Name one fatass you ever met in your life that didn't want everyone else to be just as fat and useless as they are.

Because you have a lot of niggers, so you need a lot of police, so you can't have high standards for them or you simply won't have enough officers to deal with everything.
Never seen a fat cop in Finland.

police unions.

Those sumo fighters are dangerous as fuck. They run fast as hell to.

Lets hope theese niggerhunters are as fit as the sumos.

That's an awful policy.

It's true that obesity is contagious. There are stories in Fat Shaming and YRYL threads about fat women not letting their friends lose weight. They pressure them to share their unhealthy lifestyles and actually bully them if they slim down. It's always women, never men.

Police are required to pass physical ability tests to get into, continue through, and graduate the police academy.

Unlike the military, however, most departments are very lax in their PT standards after the academy has been completed.

It's very similar in most fire departments. I was in great shape when I tested and went through the academy. I've since gained weight.

Both can be intensely stressful professions, which leads to stress eating and other bad habits. Physical fitness is becoming mandatory in many departments because of the rate of on duty cardiac injuries/events.

t. Career firefighter of 13 years who works closely with police officers.

This. Every other poster here is retarded. When you are riding around in a car for 10+ hours, are sedentary, and have meals in your car. You are going to gain weight. Some departments offer fitness payouts to keep you in shape. Otherwise they can't just fire you because police unions.

Doesn't hurt their job performance as much as you think

Body strikes don't hurt fat people as much since you're punching through blubber, bigger people are harder to knock down, when they tackle you you're definitely going down