Kony

Can you red pill on what the real deal was with this whole debacle that everyone forgot about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TjdH2LDH5LM
nytimes.com/2012/04/30/world/africa/kony-tracked-by-us-forces-in-central-africa.html?_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=yGiR2TmeNYc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Basically a guy in America got super invested in this story of this warlord and the child soldiers he would use. The thing is though it was old news, by the time this guy had reported it and started making a huge deal about it with his youtube video, it was pretty much already dealt with. This kony guy wasn't even around any more apparently.

So in summary this guy made a little video about child soldiers, it got super fucking viral, its necessity and fact checking was brought into question and then the guy who made the video utterly lost his shit and had a nervous breakdown in public naked.

youtube.com/watch?v=TjdH2LDH5LM

M E L T D O W N

Thanks for the summary. Do you think there was any foul play with this campaign being used to obfuscate events or sway public opinion since it was an election year? I was always curious if there was more to the story in that respect as well

the real deal is they used propaganda to make money and it worked, THEY don't care if this guy eats babies for breakfast, they only care about profits and look like the good guys.
ps: joseph kony might not be a real person, he never happened.

I get all my news from TMZ.com

Yes

To me, it seems pretty clear it was a CIA psychological operation. The video came out of nowhere, had millions of views, mentioned on all major outlets, even during NBC Nightly "News".

Then a week or two later, the creator is found in downtown LA naked and on drugs. I heard the organisation, Invisible Children, received millions in anonymous donations a year before the video was released.

It was a dry run to get the people behind supporting military operations in a far away land and testing manipulation of the public through social media. In the case of Joseph Kony, he hasn't been a threat since the 1990s. He's probably dead right now anyway.

Wrong pic

Now, I can't find the relevant Kony infographics

It was a facebook trend. Everyone forgot about it a month later because its fucking facebook

Some have said the whole thing was basically a test to see how easily and quickly a non story could be forced to go viral, and how it could be implemented to distract people from real issues. It's been done several times since. One being that blue / white dress.

Kony is a literal demon walking the earth

He has forced children to kill their own parents.

He has forced children to rape other children.

He has forced children to eat the flesh of their teachers and parents.

He has forced children to smash the heads of babies against rocks.

He is literally an agent of Satan. Ironically the only one opposing him was a Christian mercenary with a band of young soldiers who were liberated by the mercenary from the custody of Kony.

If I were extremely wealthy I would personally fund a band of mercenaries to hunt down and kill Kony and all the high ranking men in his militia.

>it was pretty much already dealt with.

Wrong you limey fucktard.

Kony fled into the congo and has escaped justice.

AMURRRRRIIICAN justice. Right, faggot? You want miwitawy shoot bad guys? Army boom boom?

>Everybody gets all buttflustered about this warlord and the things he's doing
>Even though shit like this goes on all the time in his region of the world
>A bunch of virtue signalling and hashtag campaigns ensue
>No first world government gives enough fucks to willingly intervene
>Everybody loses interest because Kony is far beyond the reaches of their hashtagging and Social media warfare
>Or maybe they lost interest because they're a bunch of fickle faggots. who's to say?
>As always, the internet moves on en masse to the next big meme

He sounds like the typical african nigger.

People realized that they didn't quite care about little African nigglets. So the guy who wanted some of that juicy pucci mooney in donations decided to smoke a lot of crack and die.

Is that you Don?

Me? The unstumpable Don?

Nah, I'll never be that based

No matter how much I wish I was

Kony 2012 was a great movement and I am proud to have been part of it.
There are a lot of haters for some reason but they don't matter.

>Kony 2012 was a great movement and I am proud to have been part of it.
Do tell. What did your movement accomplish?

Awareness and American troops in Africa to help Uganda track down Kony.

2012 was the year of failed memes

KONY 2012 was on par with Occupy wallstreet as far as failure goes

are you still homeless?

>Awareness
Which lead to what?
>American troops in Africa to help Uganda track down Kony
[Citation needed]

Just another normal day in Africa

>[Citation needed]
nytimes.com/2012/04/30/world/africa/kony-tracked-by-us-forces-in-central-africa.html?_r=0

It was basically a left handed scheme to justify more useless intervention in Africa

Which, I really think we do need to intervene, but we have enough bloodthirsty africans on our own shores to deal with

>It was basically a left handed scheme to justify more useless intervention in Africa
The most useless "intervention" in Africa was European imperialism.

It was a government operation to see how viral propaganda could be spread via the new social network establishment.

Reminder the CIA is currently monitoring this thread.

Kony 2012 was an MKUltra op.

you god damn pavement apes don't even know how to act in your own environment
Or survive there without starving

get a fucking job you nigger

so it was basically the plot of John Rambo.
now it makes sense

didnt they later say he was dead and it was all a hoax?

Of course you will, if you work hard and believe in yourself.
When you succeed remember what I told you, then come find me and teach me how to believe in myself.

this gave me goose bumps

very good

Dude I'm fucking white

Why are we against that again?

Its just niggers killing niggers, and starting with the children its less niggers in the future.

He seems incredibly based.

Kony himself was very much a real person, but he was probably dead by the time of the campaign since he hadn't been sighted in years. Warlords like him are a dime a dozen. He was just icon they happened to choose.

youtube.com/watch?v=yGiR2TmeNYc

Aren't you supposed to be in jail for wanking yourself off in public?

Pretty archetypal example of the "awareness" campaigns.

I don't know what people were thinking, because let's say that you think child soldiers are bad and should be stopped, how do you go about it?

You could just kill them, but honestly, I don't think that's the solution people want. Dropping pamphlets won't work either because pamphlets are fucking stupid and they can't read anyway.

those girls have
been getting raped for years. lol