The number of Christians in Communist China is growing so steadily that it by 2030 it could have more churchgoers than...

>The number of Christians in Communist China is growing so steadily that it by 2030 it could have more churchgoers than America

>It is said to be China's biggest church and on Easter Sunday thousands of worshippers will flock to this Asian mega-temple to pledge their allegiance – not to the Communist Party, but to the Cross.

>The 5,000-capacity Liushi church, which boasts more than twice as many seats as Westminster Abbey and a 206ft crucifix that can be seen for miles around, opened last year with one theologian declaring it a "miracle that such a small town was able to build such a grand church".

>The £8 million building is also one of the most visible symbols of Communist China's breakneck conversion as it evolves into one of the largest Christian congregations on earth.

>"It is a wonderful thing to be a follower of Jesus Christ. It gives us great confidence," beamed Jin Hongxin, a 40-year-old visitor who was admiring the golden cross above Liushi's altar in the lead up to Holy Week.

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

Other urls found in this thread:

christianyogamagazine.com/meditation/lost-jesus-sutras-reveal-ancient-chinese-christianity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening
youtu.be/pMYg7XJZ85s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>If everyone in China believed in Jesus then we would have no more need for police stations. There would be no more bad people and therefore no more crime," she added.

>Officially, the People's Republic of China is an atheist country but that is changing fast as many of its 1.3 billion citizens seek meaning and spiritual comfort that neither communism nor capitalism seem to have supplied.

>Christian congregations in particular have skyrocketed since churches began reopening when Chairman Mao's death in 1976 signalled the end of the Cultural Revolution.

>Less than four decades later, some believe China is now poised to become not just the world's number one economy but also its most numerous Christian nation.

>"By my calculations China is destined to become the largest Christian country in the world very soon," said Fenggang Yang, a professor of sociology at Purdue University and author of Religion in China: Survival and Revival under Communist Rule.

>"It is going to be less than a generation. Not many people are prepared for this dramatic change."

>China's Protestant community, which had just one million members in 1949, has already overtaken those of countries more commonly associated with an evangelical boom. In 2010 there were more than 58 million Protestants in China compared to 40 million in Brazil and 36 million in South Africa, according to the Pew Research Centre's Forum on Religion and Public Life.

>Prof Yang, a leading expert on religion in China, believes that number will swell to around 160 million by 2025. That would likely put China ahead even of the United States, which had around 159 million Protestants in 2010 but whose congregations are in decline.

>By 2030, China's total Christian population, including Catholics, would exceed 247 million, placing it above Mexico, Brazil and the United States as the largest Christian congregation in the world, he predicted.

>"Mao thought he could eliminate religion. He thought he had accomplished this," Prof Yang said. "It's ironic – they didn't. They actually failed completely."

>Like many Chinese churches, the church in the town of Liushi, 200 miles south of Shanghai in Zhejiang province, has had a turbulent history.

>It was founded in 1886 after William Edward Soothill, a Yorkshire-born missionary and future Oxford University professor, began evangelising local communities.

>But by the late 1950s, as the region was engulfed by Mao's violent anti-Christian campaigns, it was forced to close.

>Liushi remained shut throughout the decade of the Cultural Revolution that began in 1966, as places of worship were destroyed across the country.

>Since it reopened in 1978 its congregation has gone from strength to strength as part of China's officially sanctioned Christian church – along with thousands of others that have accepted Communist Party oversight in return for being allowed to worship.

>Today it has 2,600 regular churchgoers and holds up to 70 baptisms each year, according to Shi Xiaoli, its 27-year-old preacher. The parish's revival reached a crescendo last year with the opening of its new 1,500ft mega-church, reputedly the biggest in mainland China.

>"Our old church was small and hard to find," said Ms Shi. "There wasn't room in the old building for all the followers, especially at Christmas and at Easter. The new one is big and eye-catching."

>The Liushi church is not alone. From Yunnan province in China's balmy southwest to Liaoning in its industrial northeast, congregations are booming and more Chinese are thought to attend Sunday services each week than do Christians across the whole of Europe.

>A recent study found that online searches for the words "Christian Congregation" and "Jesus" far outnumbered those for "The Communist Party" and "Xi Jinping", China's president.

>Among China's Protestants are also many millions who worship at illegal underground "house churches", which hold unsupervised services – often in people's homes – in an attempt to evade the prying eyes of the Communist Party.

>Such churches are mostly behind China's embryonic missionary movement – a reversal of roles after the country was for centuries the target of foreign missionaries. Now it is starting to send its own missionaries abroad, notably into North Korea, in search of souls.

>"We want to help and it is easier for us than for British, South Korean or American missionaries," said one underground church leader in north China who asked not to be named.

>The new spread of Christianity has the Communist Party scratching its head.

>"The child suddenly grew up and the parents don't know how to deal with the adult," the preacher, who is from China's illegal house-church movement, said.

>Some officials argue that religious groups can provide social services the government cannot, while simultaneously helping reverse a growing moral crisis in a land where cash, not Communism, has now become king.

>They appear to agree with David Cameron, the British prime minister, who said last week that Christianity could help boost Britain's "spiritual, physical and moral" state.

>Ms Shi, Liushi's preacher, who is careful to describe her church as "patriotic", said: "We have two motivations: one is our gospel mission and the other is serving society. Christianity can also play a role in maintaining peace and stability in society. Without God, people can do as they please."

>Yet others within China's leadership worry about how the religious landscape might shape its political future, and its possible impact on the Communist Party's grip on power, despite the clause in the country's 1982 constitution that guarantees citizens the right to engage in "normal religious activities".

>As a result, a close watch is still kept on churchgoers, and preachers are routinely monitored to ensure their sermons do not diverge from what the Party considers acceptable.

>In Liushi church a closed circuit television camera hangs from the ceiling, directly in front of the lectern.

>"They want the pastor to preach in a Communist way. They want to train people to practice in a Communist way," said the house-church preacher, who said state churches often shunned potentially subversive sections of the Bible. The Old Testament book in which the exiled Daniel refuses to obey orders to worship the king rather than his own god is seen as "very dangerous", the preacher added.

>Such fears may not be entirely unwarranted. Christians' growing power was on show earlier this month when thousands flocked to defend a church in Wenzhou, a city known as the "Jerusalem of the East", after government threats to demolish it. Faced with the congregation's very public show of resistance, officials appear to have backed away from their plans, negotiating a compromise with church leaders.

>"They do not trust the church, but they have to tolerate or accept it because the growth is there," said the church leader. "The number of Christians is growing – they cannot fight it. They do not want the 70 million Christians to be their enemy."

>The underground leader church leader said many government officials viewed religion as "a sickness" that needed curing, and Prof Yang agreed there was a potential threat.

>The Communist Party was "still not sure if Christianity would become an opposition political force" and feared it could be used by "Western forces to overthrow the Communist political system", he said.

>Churches were likely to face an increasingly "intense" struggle over coming decade as the Communist Party sought to stifle Christianity's rise, he predicted.

>"There are people in the government who are trying to control the church. I think they are making the last attempt to do that."

Also...
christianyogamagazine.com/meditation/lost-jesus-sutras-reveal-ancient-chinese-christianity/

Interesting thread, but sad to see the chinks becoming more religious than the ungrateful fucks in Western society.

Interdasting, up.

>largest brainwashed population on earth
>brainwashed by religion

Wow it's like really shocking news

It makes me think of Revelation.
It also makes me think of the divinity of Christ, realizing that Christianity is the fastest growing religion... not Islam.

I was wondering how the Muslims of Southeast Asia fit into the antichrist religion and End Times. So I started googling thinks about Christianity in Asia.

Really cool stuff.
And if Islam keeps stirring up shit, that will only lead more people towards Christ.

Hello Mr pot, where's you're friend the kettle?

I have a feeling the globalist are doing this.
Anyone wanna spitball some ideas?

China has been a stagnant Civilization for a millennia. Maybe this will breathe some life into them. Although last time they had the bloodiest civil war in history when the chinks went crazy and made themselves a prophet when they turned to Christianity.

>steals Ideas
>steals religion

That feeling when China Deus Vults America while Russia Deus Vults Europe

By """"Christianity""""" do they mean the actual kind or the Korean Jesus Superman Stuff?

>European converting to islam
>Chinese converting to Christianity
>Indians converting to Judaism

Its like everyone hates their own culture and just wants to larp as whatever is perceived as exotic in their society

Huh really makes me think

I think they are just looking for something to grasp onto. They went from hundreds of years on the Qing humiliation, then civil war, then WW2, then civil war again, then cultural revolution, now just a smoggy existence slaving in the city, or living in mud in the countryside.

Hopeless, empty people.

Amazing. We are all one people under Christ, one nation of faithful. Every soul returned to him makes my heart grow.

Whatever China does, it does it the most, because it has the most people. Though the growth rate is interesting, the important thing is the percentage of population that is christian... both of which have been omitted for the sake of convenience.

Christ spreads powerfully where there are lots of poor people who have also never heard about Jesus before. Im almost jealous of that pure faith that shines in their hearts over there

also I've heard reports of various miracles over there too which wouldnt surprise me if they were true

I'd pray for that. The Chinese Catholic church is pressured by the govt everyday to severe their ties from the Vatican and its pretty alarming. The commie chink jews really are creating an artificial schism

>Christian countries have no crime

Hahahahahahahahahahagagagagagagagahahah

>part of China's officially sanctioned Christian church – along with thousands of others that have accepted Communist Party oversight in return for being allowed to worshi
makes me wonder what that oversight is

I like how they depict these religious figures as asian. Really takes the wind out of those stupid afrocentrists who claim that white people are "whitewashing" Jesus

Change places!

I think God is doing it. I think Walid Shoebat is pretty close to the truth, about Islam.

There is no other religion that is even close to Christianity.
>inb4 babbylognian zeitgeist malarkey
It's not the same thing.

Phils please make your leader kill muzzies and get rid of those muzzles on the south side

You forgot Americans converting to atheism

Btw, what did you mean by "Indians converting to Judaism?"

looks like we found our cannon fodder for the next crusade =)

China should crush the christcucks before they let in Jewish ideas of equality
Good luck commies

God's coming to claim what's his.

kek

Yes.
With China's more conservative one child Era people, the Christians could change the face and the heart of China in little more than a generation.

It happened in Rome.

The irony of this post is absolutely staggering

he probably means Jainism but he's an American so just carry on

> implying northern Europeans didn't whitewash Jesus

Look like China will be great again with all christians population and make economy get stronger than ever.

that was what happened to USA. USA was once a christian country and now developed into atheism and now economy is getting worse by piece and piece toward collapse.

Praise Jesus Christ!

Christianity's focus on love of others and selflessness combines well with eastern confuscian and tauist philosophy of bettering the self through betterment of the community.

They depicted Christ as white to more easily relate to him if you call that white washing then fine. The thing is the afrofaggots claim Jesus was black and that what the Europeans did is unique behavior of the white man and wrong

I wish we had a rare Chinese user which could translate the Chinese Bible for us, to see what's missing... if anything.

But to be interested enough to be arsed to do it, he'd have to be devout Christians which around here is unicorn.

If the Christian religion had anything to do with a nations greatness or prosperity Africa would be the most powerful continent right now
If anything this will weaken China

Everyone depicts christ as thier own race, there is nothing unique in it, and I dont think jesus would care.

The entire reason he was born as a human was so that humanity could relate to him better, how people depict the vessel he inhabited probably doesnt really matter to him.

The Beast Education System, everyone.
Thanks, Obama!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Awakening

that pretty much pushed us through the industrial revolution to the modern age

Well, to be fair..
Jesus is black... to black people.
He's Asian to Asian people. He's Eskimo to Eskimos... etc..

>Niggers
>Understanding base tenants of religion
You dun goofed. Even the "Christian" blacks here in the states don't do it right. They pray for stuff and results, not strength and courage to do the right thing. The best philosophies and religions are wasted on blacks and saying Christianity failed them is like saying a fire extinguisher failed a chimp because the animal was caught in a brush fire
Exactly and I agree. Jesus cared more about the message than trivial things like his skin color

True but every proponent of "black Jesus" calls the other depictions evil and oppressive to blacks. To the afrocentrists you are either with them or against them

Nips just have a higher chance of being gamblers but blacks are kinda just garbage. Feel bad for me but glad I ain't em
youtu.be/pMYg7XJZ85s

The Chinese leadership probably remembers the Taiping Rebellion very well. Basically, a religious loon stirred up a huge war that killed about 20 - 30 million Chinese. Until World War 2, this was probably the biggest body count for any war in history.

Imagine if we could have a Christian world, where we all could travel in relative safety, and have a common set of values?

We may even be able to convince them that dogs are not for human consumption unless you're literally starving to death.

This. Asians evangelicals are based af and doing great work to fight the soullessness (which results in things like dog eating) and corruption (just look at the communist party). They're my brothers in christ and if I don't get to meet them in this life we'll meet in heaven.

Lets be honest, dogs are apart from meme and health (parasites, heavy metal stockpiling) not an real isue. We perceive it as disgusting, but, it's OK to eat one. I wouldn't, as i wouldn't eat a guinea pig, yet in Peru it speciality.

Meanwhile, christianity have to be implemented fully, otherwise it can become superstision (see mexico drug lords with huge crosses). If implemented properly, it leads to national and spiritual renewal.

The Chinese should act now and crush it in its infancy. Christianity is a morally destructive religion which seeks to weaken nations.

I hope that Catholicism gets hold in china, but evangelical is ok. Although, orthodox should really fit well in china.

Orthodox icons dont put an emphasis on realism but on symbolism. Usually, it is painted the same like before, tradition and all that. Still, they are very nice.

Cathocucks aren't Christians anyway so that's a good thing.

You blame christianity for "cucking" the west when it couldn't be further from the truth.

I hope it really instills some morality into them. Chinese culture is shit based on cruelty and deceit--and the Sup Forumsack in me says they're going to 'redefine' Christianity, rather than the other way around.

Christians are still actively shilling for open borders and sharia law to this very day. Catholics and Anglicans are the worst for it, Orthodox are not much better.

Aside from the clear doctrinal errors, Catholicism seemed pretty shitty in asia. It surely didn't help the Philippines.

crazy how this jewish cult manages to completely wipe out racial cultures

europe got fuck and now the chinks are set to lose their 5000 year old society

seriously bizarre

>tfw i was listening to dimmu borgir praising satan when reading this

Please tell me it's not heresy

>Evangelicals

I knew this was too good to be true.

Meanwhile, Japan wants to bring Shinto back after America cucked Shinto away from their Constitution

Also, fun fact, Hiroshima and Nagasaki had the highest amount of Christians in Japan during WW2 but then America wiped those Christians out from Japan.

Good.

Im agnostic but Atheist societes = morally bankrupt degenerate societes.

It's hard to sympathize with Christ or the saints or the meek when you've never suffered yourself at all.

Why do you type of people always point out their tendency for using dog meat as a food source?
Pigs are smarter than dogs and are eaten by most humans including westerners yet never receive backlash and I'm pretty sure the mountain jews still eat cat and dog and they're westerners, westerners also ate horse and in fact some countries still do even though a lot of westerners hold them in high regard for work and appearance of a 'majestic' form.
However I don't accept the method in which the dogs (possibly other livestock too) are killed for their meat.

Germans germanize christianity making it the based religion Sup Forums christcucks laarp about basically pagan values without polytheism
Takes less than a thousand years for the jew values to shine through

This is all well and good, but the Protestant ones are ran by the state, Catholic ones aren't in communion with the Holy See and the Orthodox Church has no ties to the Russian Orthodox (from which it came from) or Catholicism.

If we're going to boast about Christianity spreading look to South Korea where loads of people with power are Catholic.

The immivasion is obviously God's way of punishing an apostate continent. The faster the Saracens come the sooner God will declare His final judgement against those athiest and Jew-ridden hives of iniquity.

christians and muslims don't belong in asia. fuck off with your sand nigger religions.

Pagan Europe worshiped the same pantheon as Hindus.

Christianity belongs everywhere. Islam belongs in Hell, I'll give you that.

If this means the chinks are going to shun condoms, birth control, and abortion then planet is fugged.

Fuck off Christfag

>Europe is majority Christian
>Europe is world super power with empires across the world
>Europe starts to leave Christianity
>Europe gets cucked by muslims and becomes the state it's in now, and the state it's heading towards

>China now becoming more Christian
>China poised to become the next world super power when the west falls

>C-Christianity held us back guys.

christianity belongs in the barren deserts it was spawned in.

I LOVE CHYNA

>Rome is pagan
>Rome turns to Christianity
>Rome falls

thanks Christians

just because christianity doesn't promote sex tourism to thailand doesn't mean it's bad.

>blaming Christianity for the fall of Rome
The reasons for the WRE falling became in the Republic.

>tfw born and raised as Christian in China
>tfw watching west leaving Christ while sand nigger take over.
>We will revange for you guys after we bought all the property in Canada.

Paki detected.

you're right, instead of promoting prostitution it promotes getting fucked in the ass by your local priest for free.

>hurr it's not right to blame chrisitans for the fall of rome!
>it's ok when we give atheism the credit for the current migrant crisis in europe though

fuck off

>Rome falls
>All scientific and philosophic progress perserved and protected by Christians from eastern barbarians
>Church makes west and north Europe literate for the first time and not spear throwing barbarians
>West and North Europe become leaders of the world

you're welcome Romans

How weird would that be if in the future, chinese colonists were spreading the message of christ to the atheist nihilists and muslims who end up comprising what is left of the west.

I'm glad someone in your country gets it at least.

You guys deserve it at this point
>implying that isn't going to happen

This

I've recently left. Fuck all of those filthy, Abrahamic semitic evil religions.

>Sup Forums hates it when foreign influence comes to their countries
>is fucking ecstatic about foreign influence subverting foreign countries when said foreign influence comes from their religion

hypocritical faggots, all of you

> you're right, instead of promoting prostitution it promotes getting fucked in the ass by your local priest for free.

Catholicism is a horrible thing but way different than Evangelicism.

>all of you
no

Aren't you being hypocritical about it, since you're also a foreign influence living in a country that isn't yours? I'm assuming you're not Thai.

oh, why is that? Because in evangelicism it's the parents that are fucking the kids instead of the priests?

fuck off with your pederast religion

Just more proof that there's two Chinas - the one on the coast, and the rest. Poverty and Jesus go together like America and burgers.

You're cherry picking rare bad occurrences (by people who have strayed FAR from the faith).

#NoTrueChristian