Why is Dutch so fucking horrendous to listen to?

Why is Dutch so fucking horrendous to listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=arSV51XEFvc
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_2auYMS-VM
youtube.com/watch?v=3tcHzIcrdms
youtube.com/watch?v=GKGgpiPOhJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=CG0OnKUqziA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Japanese_words_of_Dutch_origin
vocaroo.com/i/s1jXLjdOgFHS
youtube.com/watch?v=EBuzi01DR8w
youtube.com/watch?v=sMiElxOaHIo
youtube.com/watch?v=gb3SgfZFFJU
youtube.com/watch?v=AkzorODWTYc
youtube.com/watch?v=Xv695Jn1_JY
youtube.com/watch?v=h4cnEknD028
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's pretty bad, on the one hand amsterdam is one of the goat cities, on the other hand you have to hear Dutch

It is not a Romance language.

Hey stinking gaijin proxy
kys asap

hey pig, gtfo japan

Because ugly people need an ugly language.

Makes sense coming from you.

Beste taal in de wereld. Feit.

krijg de tering vieze kanker spleetoog

Says the kankerfr*Nchoid

Dit

But what does it sounds like? I have heard a lot of terrible terrible things about Dutch and Danish, but I assume it's just shitpost as usual.Anyway there's no ugly language, except Vietnamese. They sound like Thai with words cut in half and angry all the time.

southern German and Norwegian/Swedish ain't so bad
something must have good really wrong in the northern shores to have shit like Danish/Dutch

>you wouldn't let her to talk to you in Dutch whole day, any day

youtube.com/watch?v=arSV51XEFvc

>Why is Dutch so fucking horrendous to listen to?
Ever listened to Polish?

Krijg kanker Gino.

You don't hear any Dutch in Amsterdam just English and Turkish

Polish sounds quite nice desu

I've heard some people say Finnish sounds terrible. Like it's nothing but vowels.

You are not going to fool anybody here. It sounds terrible bro.

Our language reflect our souls

i like dutch desu
same with german
suppose i'm weird

German is nice in my opinion as well. I guess it helps that half the war films in the world feature German speakers, so you get used to it. Not too big on Dutch though, it sounds like they're speaking with a potato in their mouth.

It's actually good, especially the dialect where they pronounce s as "sh" and z as "zh".

Israel, best ally :)

KANKER

>krijg de tering vieze kanker spleetoog
Is reads like Orc grunts from Warcraft. Honestly what a fucking disgusting language.

Funny thing is if you speak german natively you can understand almost anything as long as you read it aloud. It's a stupid dialect they call their own language because just like the Scands they want to be edgy and dont want to speak standard german.

But it's beautiful.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_2auYMS-VM
youtube.com/watch?v=3tcHzIcrdms
youtube.com/watch?v=GKGgpiPOhJ8

It's a weird mashup of English and German with some French thrown in to make it even worse.
Then there is Afrikaans that is just Dutch Africa edition
youtube.com/watch?v=CG0OnKUqziA

>to make it even worse
BETTER.

No, your language fucks up the grammar of everything it touches!

Could say the same of your language you fucking jjokbari.

Besides:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Japanese_words_of_Dutch_origin

DUTCHED

sold all their pleasant sounds for extra shekels.

And you were too poor to buy some

Dutch is basically Low-German that is incomprehensible.

Uruk hai language

That's South African

This is Afrikaans.

vocaroo.com/i/s1jXLjdOgFHS

Say "Hitler is dead, what now?" in dutch then...

I'm not him, but its..

Hitler is dood, wat nu?

Hitler is(ist) dood(tot) wat(was) nu(nun)?

L I T E R A L L Y a german dialect

Meanwhile in the German dialect of Low-German:
Hitler is doot, wat nu?
No doubt that it is.

that's Afrikaans

YOU ARE RUDE

Nah we just took german and made it better.

The word 'nou' instead of nu is also not entirely incorrect desu. Just very informal.

Hitler is dead, what now?

You'd almost think we're located in between Germany and England.

dutch is such a good language, that we decided to also use it as our main language

At least you did the same as us. Fuck the Gelsnakkers

Yeah but we have german dialects in Austria too. That also have their own written form. Yet we still use Standard german for the sake of simplicity. Why don't the Netherlands and Belgium do the same? Our dialects still exist 400 years after accepting standard german in the entire region

at least your version sounds a little better

You are also technically a german dialect. 200 years ago a Swede and German would have been perfectly understood in both regions.

Because High German dialects barely differ from Standardgerman?

The Netherlands and Belgium do write Dutch in the exact same way.

And we do have countless of dialects. Both city dialects and regional dialects. If you travel 15 km you get a different accent, so you can hear where someone is from.

Suriname also writes Dutch in the exact same way.

youtube.com/watch?v=EBuzi01DR8w

Only South Africa had to be edgy.

No they do, a lot. Not only do they differ in how words are written and pronounced they have entirely diffrent words for things. It's even problematic from an Austrian to understand every Regions dialect even though they are related. For Germans in Germany it's almost impossible.

> L-look guys i also hate the dutch language, am i cool yet??

Is this correct?

Dutch = Different languages based on German
Austria = German
German = German

Dutch is older than standard German desu.

Both languages are ancient, based on many local languages that merged together, but Germans changed their pronunciation more.

The diffrence with Dutch and Austrian, German german is that in formal Situations it's basically the same thing but informally it varies heavily based on region. Standard German is entirely an artifical language so to speak that was created to communicate between each other better.

Yes, it's really to remember as the Netherlands is actually a working country that doesn't want to take over the EU and wants terrorist attacks whereas Germany is the exact opposite and Austria is basically Germany with more mountains

rangeban Japs
Turks were at least funny, Nips are plain annoying

easy to remember
doesn't want terrorist attacks
fug i just woke up

The pure Standard Dutch accent is also only spoken by 15% of the population. The rest has a different accent depending on how far you go from the province North Holland.

Until it turns into a different meme language like Frisian (north), Limburgish (south) or Dutch Low Saxon (east).

FFS why do you have to drag your own politic hysteria into this? Angrennter Holländer. This is why people cant get along.

Try to understand this and say how much you understand. youtube.com/watch?v=sMiElxOaHIo
No, it is not "based" on German, it's rather a dialect of German with their own standardvariant official.

Limburgish

youtube.com/watch?v=gb3SgfZFFJU

french is the only romance language that isn't absolute shit, and even then it's only good coming from women

>Dutch is older than standard German
I didn't know it.
sorry about that.

>but informally it varies heavily based on region.
In the past, I heard that Austria and Germany are almost the same language, ethnicity, race.
But In Austria and Germany, are there considerable differences depending on the region?

Bad news for you Wiliam.This site is owened by Japanese, not British. Your authoritarian Sharia law cannot be imposed here...

Austria is the same as the rest of Germany in that they have many different dialects and regional culture. Austria is a regional German culture like Hesse or Lower-Saxony, it's basically as German as the rest of the country and has no reason to exist other than be a buffer state for the allied victors.
Austrians voted in 1919 and 1938 over 99% to join the German realm. An Austrian national identity was only artificially developed in the 1960's in order to prevent it from reunifying with Germany in case a such topic comes back.

It's easy for me because I have been in that region quite often. It may be harder for other Austrians.

> I heard that Austria and Germany are almost the same language
Formally,yes.

>ethnicity, race.
No. Austria is a fromer empire that was a huge Melting pot. So many diffrent ethnicities moved there. Before the nazis murderd so many of them, others fled. The ethnic make-up of current Austria is largely artifical. Same thing is true more or less for Germany.

Frisian

youtube.com/watch?v=AkzorODWTYc

>frisian
>meme
pls don't insult our sister tongue, thank you

Frisians can only make boring songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xv695Jn1_JY

Why Frisian
English is just as related to Low-Saxon and Low-Frankish as to Frisian.

Doutzen speaks Frisian

youtube.com/watch?v=h4cnEknD028

fuck off shitposter
remove japs, bring back turks

frisian is specifically meant to be the closest to english iirc

>whereas Germany is the exact opposite
Mmm.....
Do you mean that Germans want terrorist attacks?

Dutch language is a dialect of German?
I'm confused...

its literally lower german

A language is a dialect with an army and navy.

What's the best Kebab shop in London?

because it's the language closest related to english

To be honest, I think the links between English and Frisian are tenuous at best. Sure there's gimmicks like the green cheese thing but the other similarities are very minor.

Please ignore this Hysteria. This will give you the wrong impression of the region just because a moron couldnt control his Hysteria. If you told me about relations within Asia I would get a wrong impression of your country too. Because it's difficult for an outsider to grasp what is polemics and hysteria and what is reality.

The problem is that English people use a different word order. And often you also use words in a different fashion.

So the similarities aren't as easily identifiable as with Dutch and German, where you can literally keep the sentences the same and translate it word for word.

In short, in the Netherlands the dialects spoken are mostly Low-Frankish which are dialects of Frankish which are dialects of German that didn't made through a certain sound shift like the rest of Northern Germany.
English is still very close to the rest of the Low-German Dialect-continuum, especially Low-Saxon since they share the same common ancestor.

in reality, english winds up being closest to swedish/danish/norwegian because of the sentence structure and grammar we took from old norse, but our vocabulary is closest to frisian due to the anglo-frisian ancestry

Don't you guys hate it when we flood into your country while demanding you to speak German with us? It would fucking sicken me if I'd be Dutch

please tell your countrymen to stop digging holes on my "beautiful" beaches

Dutch people don't give it a single thought desu. Trying to speak multiple languages is encouraged here.

The grammar and sentence structure comes from the North Sea Germanic from which Low-Saxon and English come from.

Our government is even worried about our German deteriorating in favour of English.
But we don't get any German media here.

>speak dutch
>still get pussy
Stay mad, virgins.

HITLER DOOD

LIKE DUDE

HITLER LMAO

wat een autistische paal is dit zeg, kanker op terug naar /nederdraad/

Nee.