This kills the fedora

>this kills the fedora

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Given-the-following-payoff-matrix-which-religion-is-actually-the-most-optimal-to-wager-ones-belief-on-in-a-multi-religion-Pascals-Wager
youtube.com/watch?v=86Y1fDgguj8
youtube.com/watch?v=X94YffpUryo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What if Allah forgives atheists but not those who follow a false religion? Blaise BTFO

It's not like you believe in God and that means you'll go to heaven, you must also live a Christian life and almost no-one does that anymore

The pope already said we were cool with him, mate.

>there are thousands of Gods and only one can be the right one

Oh

yup.

Also if you don't believe in God he may forgive you because you were ignorant

But if you believed and didn't life a Christian life, he will send you to that other hell that is worse than hell

OP low effort strategy fucked the fuck out

If your god is a god of love, why would I receive eternal suffering just for not believing in it?

Checkmate Cuckstians

i cant tell if you are really dumb or this is bad b8. Even if god is real if you pray to the wrong god in the wrong ways and dont follow the exact correct religion (1 of thousands) you are no better off than atheists.

It would be pretty silly of them to forgive people who don't believe in their god at all and to then punish people who believe in the same god as them but worship him differently.

This is a christian board buddy allah does not exist

>implying an all-knowing god won't be able to see you're just following the motions for GBP's and punish you even harder

Pascal's wager is retarded.

>The only options I recognize are social norms and have been forced down my throat since birth

How narrow-minded of you.

>them

forgetting one of our commandments are we

See, the is what has always confused me. You can sin every day of your life... But if you go to church you're suddenly absolved of your sins and "allowed in to heaven". But someone who does good every day and considers themselves an agnostic would "be sent to hell". In my opinion if there really was a god they'd let in the good people as opposed to just those who believe. Is that not the whole fucking point of the story of Jesus?

>Running on the assumption cucktianity is the correct religion

Heaven's not a place for me
>tfw no boss to whisk me away via balloon to a place outside heaven

What?

god is an asshole
that's what atheists dnt seem to get

This, I don't think merely pretending would do the trick

Indeed. I will bow to no such god. I am a virtuous man for myself, not from fear of damnation. If that damns me, so be it, for such a god is not himself virtuous and I shall burn with the moral high ground.

Checkmate atheists.

You don't simply get to go to heaven for believing even as a sinner, hell confession doesn't even completely clear you, depending on the severity of the sin and how chaste you were in life you will spend time in purgatory for your sins and when such a time has passed, you will be entered into heaven. Then there's also limbo which is some whole other nonsense for unbaptized babies.

think he means something about worshipping false idols

Yeah but you won't get into heaven based on a bet, you're supposed to have faith in that deity, not falsely worship it without really believing in an attempt to get out of purgatory (which is where good pagans/atheists go, not hell).

Whoever or whatever the god is if he actually exists, he wouldn't send people that follow their beliefs to hell. They would send the good people, wherever they believed in anything to heaven, a good person is a good person regardless of anything.

Praise kek desu

The fedora will fight his way from hell if he must.

No most atheists don't outright claim they know X god doesn't exist while christian's KNOW their god is the only god and all other gods are fake and gay.

Pascal's wager only works on religion if there is only 1 religion in the whole world.

However, Pascal's wager works great on election fraud.

FTFY

*tips*

>you can trick the all-knowing eternal being who created the universe by saying prayers and pretending you really mean it

This

It's like most theists just pick their religion because it will get them the best outcome. Do you truly think your god if it does exist doesn't see through your lies? Do you not see that your god would fucking know you're doing good things because you want to get into his super cool club while atheists do good things because they're TRULY good people?

Disregarding all of the other problems with Pascal's wager for the sake of argument, suppose I accept that it's a reasonable bet to believe. How do I overcome the hurdle of actually believing if I am not convinced that there actually is a god?

Good compared to what?

>Being this afraid of death and that there is nothing waiting for you after life
lmao

Needs 3 more religions so people can roll for their afterlife.

This. There is literally no risk involved.

Belief being wrong isn't "nothing".

If belief is wrong, then their infinite time with sky daddy gets cut down to just the finite time we have on Earth; time they squandered hours at a time every Sunday by going to talk about a bring that was never there. What little enlightenment and charity they brought about from those activities could have easily been achieved through other more meaningful activities.

I'd prefer to not waste what little time we get.

that only works if you fulfil whatever criteria the religion states as acceptable for entering heaven. Thats pretty much impossible in todays world if indeed it ever was. Also it depends which religion is correct.

What if actualy we all are wrong ?

100% is impossible in science, nigger

Is that canon? I think they added that in the HRE Expansion Pack (patch 4.34)

Just do what most Christians do. Maintain you believe in the Christian God without actually knowing anything about it.

Ftfy

>0.999... is not 1

You just worship fallible individuals which can lie about anything instead of God, dumbass.

Living a normal life, and doing what is right, like not killing, not being an asshole to others, not stealing, etc.
I guess if Muhamed would be the one god, none of this would apply, but I believe if we did have an actual iddle god somwere, he did bea good one at least.

I thought a story
The end of the world comes. Everyone starts praising their gods for salvation, until fish start raining. Then it is revealed that the real god was a singaporean fish-like man with a eagle head as a penis. Only agnostics and atheists are forgiven and go to heaven, as the cult for the fishlike god was dismantled by christian samaritans trying to implement the "true" religion.

Then its possible that God exist.

quora.com/Given-the-following-payoff-matrix-which-religion-is-actually-the-most-optimal-to-wager-ones-belief-on-in-a-multi-religion-Pascals-Wager

The longer version.

Of course, this is only a fraction of all the religions, sects, cults, beliefs, factions, schisms, and whatnot that humanity has had over the past 5,000 years or so.

But you know that faith gives people hope and happiness ? Its better than primitive lifeless atheism.

What about Deism ?

but thats wrong you absolute retard.

in protestantism, your faith alone is your salvation, you dont need to waste your life, just been conscious of your life choices and to try to have done more good than wicked.

as long as your faith in our lord and savior jesus christ is firm and that you believe in his teachings and apply this to your life to the best of your abilities, i dont see why you cant do mdma and drink and fuck your girlfriend.

>Also if you don't believe in God he may forgive you because you were ignorant
If you know Christianity exists, you are not ignorant. Ignorance only applies if you've never heard of it.

the people who take this seriously need to add their own religion: autism

>look mom, I posted it again
faggot

>But you know that faith gives people hope and happiness ? Its better than primitive lifeless atheism.
>tfw godless heathen
>tfw /deadinside/

The Wager stripped from its context loses all of its force and is made to seem ridiculous. Pascal intended it to serve as a goad, with 'fake it till you make it' as the central point, as the pic shows.

Seeing as by the Wager it is in your every interest to bet on Christianity, actually going through with the motions of study, ritual, and prayer will only strengthen a resolve that began as weak. At least that's the idea. Seems like sound advice.

Howe do you know god punishes non-belief and not the other way around?

But you also know Islam exists, and judaism and hinduism and buddhism and zeus and literally thousands of others. Knowing something exists doesn't mean it's true and you should pick it up over others.

Your estimation of your own goodness isn't a requisite for heaven. Holiness is.

>yeah of course God is real and Jesus is His Son
>what? celibacy? Kek fuck that dude those Greeks can't translate for shit let's found a new church with lesbian bishops and shit
>oh btw my new religion is the true one

I'm a deist, dumbass.

I mean I'm not a christian I'm just trying to remember what I can from that one college course on christianity I took. I think it's something along those lines, for the catholic church at least I don't know what those heathen lutherans believe.

Sometimes it does. Really its just a means of soothing our self aware, existential fears. It keeps a lot of people sane in the absence of philosophical reason.
However: Intelligent, strong willed people who want to maximize their power and enjoyment in life, should try to move away from such mental binds. Especially the slave religions.

there are very rational reasons why you can dismiss the other gods and accept Christianity
>I just believe in one fewer God than you do
That just means you are right one less time than me

>Not having the balls to stand for what you believe.
>Picking the easy mode... for risk free
>Not taking a risk

Who the fuck even enjoys a game on easy , Plebs i tell you thast who ... play that shit on hard ... if you lose you lose atleast it was a great fight and if you are punnished thats life there has to be some honour in standing up, but if you win it's 100 times better then playing on the easy difficulity.

Without the psihological help knowing that someone is there using cheat codes because you prayed to him or u were a good pet, what do most people have? nothing really since they are useless cunts ,, life is empty for them .... lets see how many can survive the abyss , the darkness. I can assure it survive it and it will make you stronger.

In the past God and the supernatural and superstion gave man solice for his inability to control nature , at first Gods and Spirits were in everything ... he wanted to have a good hunt so he could eat ... so he prayed , dance , offered sacrifice so that his luck stat would get a bonus.

As time went on , he domesticated animals , slowly the need to pray to the bear spirit that gives +50 hunting luck was no longer a big problem

God was the unknown and the being human understand... since the Age of Enlightenment and Age of Reason... slowly things stoped being about God and were about what we can understand and measure... there are just a few things that scientist bring close to god

God particle... The bonson... yeah since we cannot really measure it or detect it and since it creates mass ...then thats the GOD particle , since our understanding is limited to that missing energy waveleght that our instruments cannot really detect.

Thus once again we reached a point in our history of understanding were GOD is the Unknown , something that we don't truly understand.

You either believe what you choose to believe or you should just die and test your theory about Heaven and Hell.

>wasting your entire life as a submissive cuck avoiding fun and degeneracy
>2 seconds before I die I ask for forgiveness
>god accepts and pardons me because god is gracious

I win, fuck you OP

No one takes Deists seriously, atheists still see you as a believer and will mock you, theists will see you as a heathen and thus damned.

Doesn't take into consideration the (incredibly more likely) possibility of the existence of other Gods.

Faggot pope confirmed that atheists end up in heaven though.

>hurr durr me smart, u dumb
the cognitive dissonance is astounding

see

Deism seems pretty redpilled, I mean I do have to admit that the whole concept of there being nothing and then everything just being seems a little off (just as much as creation, I guess).

How do I into deism? I just can't bring myself to believe in a higher power... Is believing in a higher purpose similar?

Forgot link: Ernest Becker and the Denial of Death

youtube.com/watch?v=86Y1fDgguj8

>only one religious option
Why can't religious people into logic?

There can only be one God if you've ever studied Classical Theism.

this one is correct, even if god is real; heaven and hell isn't

What if actualy atheism has been invented to not fear God and punishment ?

What if all of these cockmonglers such as dawkins/hitchens are spreading their beliefs for donation/money ?

Checkmate.

You thinking like this, is already god's proof you belong in hell

>it's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled
what if you are the fool?

Buddhism looks to be the best option tbqh, literally the worst thing that can happen is you reincarnate as a tapeworm or mosquito until you inevitably reach Nirvana

I don't believe in god.

But I do believe there are good religions

In Good Religions:
Good people go to heaven. Period.

Bad religion?
Good people CANNOT go to heaven, unless...

youtube.com/watch?v=X94YffpUryo

Futhermore

As for organized religion , yeah in the past it was a good thing it help comunities from fighting , less adultry , less fights about whos bastard child really was...

Why do Judaism is something passed from the mother... since you couldn't really tell who the father was... And you could see that baby being born from her... THUS jewish mother = jewish child.

It was a smilar thing in ancient rome where the child would bear the name of the mother and not the father like today...
But things change ,states and religions enforced and controled marriage so that people would be born in the right family so that wealth and property would be passed down throught the name.
This way men would assure that their children would have their shit and there wasn't a retarded piece of shit nigger bastard mudlism child having a claim on his shit.
Also this helped many people preventing other types of social unrest.
What does christianity say "Thou shall not look in thy neighbours yard" WHY ? because you'll be jelly you faggot ... don't in goys yard because you'll be a jelly faggot for having 3 sheep instand of 100 ... is more likely to go kill the fucker and take his sheep so you can have 103 sheeps. So religion solved some social problems by assuring either control or allowing less problems to develop in comunities.
In time in most kingdoms it became a tool of kings and rulers to enforce their laws... take Charlemagne , organizes huge fucking empire controling most of europe.. but having the nobles in your pocket doesn't mean that the people would like it...
Telling them that his word was GOD's word and that the pope crown him ... consolidated his power.. not only that but once you had the blessing , people would be more likely to do as you say... because "GOD TALKS THROUGH YOU"
Religion/belief was a way for humans to think they have any control of their lifes and over nature , later a tool for mass population control.
Today just a nuissance , imprisoning people

Seems more like a way to fear people into believing over the real message of God's so called loved
>No, not an atheist

so you are saying I should believe that is true just because Mark Twain said it? That sounds like what a fool would do? Are you a fool, user?

Why not make your own religion? If only one religion is true that means that 99,99999% of religions are in no way more valid that anything you can make up

What's the difference between nothing existing then everything existing, and nothing existing then some god existing then everything existing?

Deism is fucking stupid because it adds in a needless layer into creation, at least natural creation has a slow build up of complexity, whereas deism has nothing > massive complexity (represented by the sudden appearance of an all powerful intelligent being out of no where) > universe creation (which can be complex or simple depending on how you believe it was created)

Was that a weak strawman or are you just knee-jerking to my post without having read it properly?

>What if actualy atheism has been invented to not fear God and punishment ?

Wat

>What if all of these cockmonglers such as dawkins/hitchens are spreading their beliefs for donation/money ?

Of course they do. It's how they make a living. I also really don't like either of them because they are lacking in empathy and terribly obnoxious. Doesn't affect the nature of existence though.

It's all a fool's game.

>all this rationalization
>all this "historical anthropology" as if it wasn't all made up by jews
>this blind belief in continual progressivism as if people 2000 years ago didn't have as much as a brain as you do, as if today's world is perfect and is not even worse than it was back then regarding every petty vice and violent behaviour
>"w-w-we e-enlightened now"

go back to asking for spare change, gipsy, intellectual endeavour isn't for you

>god created me

Why would god create atheists?

Is he fuckig retarded or what?

if god is real, why would you want to follow his laws? He's clearly insecure and uses threat of physical harm "eternal suffering" to procure the love he feels he needs.

If someone came up to you with a gun and told you to suck his dick, why the fuck would you not fight back, or bite his dick off, or tell him to fuck off, ESPECIALLY when you're pretty sure that shit isn't even loaded

I'm a Deist by simple way. There must be such of infinite power that exists beyond time and understanding. Its a God. Assuming that we live in very-very-very complex world there must be something that started or designed it.

In my own beliefs there aren't such thing as "right religion" - If you are good for diffrent people, you will be in Heaven in infinite state of mind and joy with the God. A infinite creator, a endless beauty and mightness.

Start ? I believe there was a beginning of everything but God is beyond it. God was before it and will be after it. God is beyond everything. Imagine a circle of everything and we are at one place while God is everywhere and in every time, every moment.

I believe that "Everything must have a beginning. Then there must be something beyond it." and "Most important in morality is that to tread as good as you can diffrent people or species."

Thats my point of view.

Sorry if not really good english.