Who do you think is the most based primarch

As a huge 40k fan and MAGA fan, i am gonna have to say that vulcan (the black skinned one) is the most based.

Because he is the prime example (found in an odd universe) of the struggles of the african people against white supremacism/white bias, despite their noble and gentle nature.

Pic related is all the 40k primarchs. Who do YOU think is the most based?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Erebus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lorgar.
>perfectly understood human need to believe greater things than himself
>saw through alienated-by-power father
>accepted Chaos as the beginning and end of all things

Sanguinius

Corvus Corax

Horus started it tho.

I would chose Horus.

Big Brother

Those who are not part of Oceania are treacherous dogs.

Alpharius.

Exitus acta probat. For the Emperor.

>Horus started it
Holy shit you are so massively wrong

Horus was corrupted, but Lorgar and Erebus (his LT) were the ones that started it.
They are the basis of the worship of the Emperor as a god. Emperor came to Lorgar, bitched him out infront of his troops and then beat his ass for it.

Disgraced...he turned to other gods instead

You might want to look at this, Fallen Brother.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Erebus

>Because he is the prime example (found in an odd universe) of the struggles of the african people against white supremacism/white bias, despite their noble and gentle nature.

In terms of long term impact:
Guilliman has a level of impact on every single militant organization in the Imperium to date.
Sanguinius: for his actions during the end of the heresy.
>breaking the back of a greater daemon on your knee and beating 3+ extremely strong blood thristers.

Vulkan: because the fuckers immortal and is even active in 32k.

To the imperium Dorn and Guilliman are about the most well known. Dorn because of his close proximity and general defense of the Palace. Guilliman for his title and impact of the role/structure of the militant forces.

Dude, Lorgar ain't shit. Have you even read the books?

Horus was the Warmaster of the Luna Wolves which then turned to Sons of Horus. That is from where the Heresy started.

The
fucking
Mournival.

With fucking Tarik, Abandon, Loken and "Little Horus" Aximand. The Mournival turned Horus into chaos behind his back, even though he wanted it.

Learn books cunt.

Vulcan for Loyalists because he used a badass hammer and trained the Salamanders to give a shit about the civilians on both their planet as well as the ones they fought on.

Fulgrim for Traitor Legions because he worships the best Chaos God, his fall was marked by the Emperor's Children engaging in a massive massive blood orgy, and he has the best champions (Fabius Bile, "Lucious" Lucius the Eternal, DOOMRIDER)

Darius the guardsman is pretty based desu

"Some time before the time of first contact with the Interex, Erebus began associating with the Luna Wolves legion and with the Warmaster in particular. During negotiations with the Interex, Erebus stole an archaic anathame sword from their closely guarded Hall of Devices, precipitating the war. This was not simply out of greed - it was all part of his carefully managed plan to corrupt the Warmaster and bring him under the influence of his own secret masters, the Warp powers of Chaos[3].
Erebus gave the weapon to the traitor Governor of the planet Davin, Eugen Temba, and played Horus's pride to get him to lead his expedition fleet back to Davin and personally bring it back to compliance. Temba played his part, wounding Horus with the anathame as Erebus intended, and the Luna Wolves' apothecaries couldn't heal his wounds. Erebus suggested to the Mournival that Davin's Serpent Lodge could heal their primarch. The grief-stricken Ezekyle Abaddon and Horus Aximand turned Horus over to their care and Erebus projected himself into Horus's fever visions disguised as the late Hastur Sejanus. Opposed by Magnus the Red, Erebus won over Horus to his cause with visions of a future that deified the Emperor and a select few primarchs, rejected the rest, and had seemingly forgotten Horus's contributions compared to the offer of replacing the Emperor and possessing unimaginable power[4b].
Erebus continued to pour honey into Horus's ear, directing him further from the Great Crusade and pursuing his own ascension. By showing the Warmaster the powers of the Warp and urging him to make pacts with the gods of Chaos, he eventually set Horus on the path to heresy against the Emperor."

Do you know who the "Warmaster" is, dumbo?

You are retarded. The Word Bearers were the first traitors, with Erebus, Kor Phaeron and Lorgar at the helm. The Sons of Horus might have been the ones to really spearhead the Heresy but they were the Darth Vader to the Word Bearer's Emperor Palpatine; that is, they played their part but allowed Horus to lead while they fell in line behind his unifying banner.

It is no secret in the lore that it all started with the Word Bearers, specifically Erebus you dumbass.

Loyalist: Russ. Nothing like being the ultimate sanction among super humans.

Traitor:Magnus. Cause he's basicly a cutie who got depressed when he brokes his daddys toy.

Magnus did nothing wrong.
Vulkan and Sanguinius are also high tier.

I don't understand this shit at all.

Even if you were a wiki-warrior you should know this shit.

Do you even read the HH novels? Fuck 90% of them are on audiobook, you can always just listen to them if you dont want to read.

A pawn in the Chaos God's game. A dead pawn.

Leman

anyone who says otherwise is a cuck

>Most well known

Also Russ because you know, their fucking tanks are named after him.

Some of the most based men were not primarchs, or even marines

Man I totally breezed past Russ in my head.
kek

The missing one.

Konrad Kurze.

Dorn obviously. He builds and designs things but is not afraid to get his hands dirty.

Perturabo would be the best if he wasn't such a fucking whiny bitch who needed approval.

Dorn is a massive autist and resorts to rage like Angron when he's proven to be wrong

That's the most retarded drawing of Horus I've ever seen.

Perturabo absolutely handed Dorn a monumental beating. Dorn was a third tier primarch who only mattered because the Fists held Terra.

The primarchs were all enormous man-babies, with the exception of Vulkan, Guiliman, Jagatai Khan and possibly Alpharius/Omegon

Read 15 of the books....
So far Magnus is my favorite.

Citizen, the archives of the Adeptus Terra have no record of the member of the Imperial Army known as Ollanius Pius. Reference to this myth is in direct contravention of the Imperial Creed. Your mentioning of this heretical doctrine has been noted. Further infractions will result in mind wipes and your body given to the Mechanicus for servitordom.

As it is you are ordered to report for a doctrinal assessment and educational session at Eccliesarchy Station B, Tantus Hive, Sub-level 32APlus, room 345 where you will sit in the BLUE chair.

A shitty plagiarism of Fingolfin vs Morgoth from Tolkien

The Heresy started from the secret warrior lodges. They corrupted Horus in order to achieve their goals. Nurgle poisoned Horus him and in order to save his life the chaos cultist primarchs convinced everyone to take Horus to the chaos chapel in order to undergo the warp ritual so the corrupted chaos primarch was able to have a 1 on 1 with Horus in order to corrupt / convinced him the Emperor was trying to be a god by playing to Horus massive ego. Horus was the needed leader and main key to the heresy but he didn't start it.

>he doesn't know

He's a character in the HH novels, so I don't doubt he'll be actually involved in the final conflict.

However we may all be dead by the time they want to actually close out the HH novels and kill Horus.

#NEVERFORGETGRAVIEL
If they would end the 40k series, end it with Graviel Loken killing Abbadon and Lucius.

sanguinius is an Aryan god walking in the desert, like muad'dib in dune.

Loken being confirmed alive was one of my favorite moments about Garros solo stories.

Anyone else remember when all the Heresy-era stuff was just a cool shadowy back-story and there weren't 800 WWF-wrestler primarchs and shit to keep track of?

Yea, but I want to see his vengeance against Abbadon. Abbadon thinks that Loken is dead and wouldn't it be cool if there would be a final standoff and he is like shocked. This really makes me wargasm thinking about it. Loken was also one of the only people who beated Lucius and a cool way.

This whole thread makes me feel like im back at my hometown's gaming shop.

Imperial Guard 4 life though, they are the most relatable faction by far. That and First and Only was my favorite book

VII and XIII look based. Can anyone tell me who they are so I can find out?

I had hoped that Loken and Garro would become the founding Grey Knights. But his author said he wouldn't.

Although, personally, I think its just a technicality of an answer. He'll end up being one of the first DH inquisitors or train Grey knights or something. Just never fully 'become' one due to their time-stasis they were locked in.

Having never read 40k and not knowing who any of these people are, I'm gonna go with VIII. Looks like a Metalocalypse character.

7: Rogal Dorn of the Imperial Fists.
13: Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines.

Used to have an army of these guys, wish I hadn't sold them now

VII is Rogal Dorn, primarch of the Imperial Fist and XIII is Roboute Guilliman, primarch of the ultramarines

Corvux is my favourite Primarch, followed by Magnus.
Guilliman is probably the best Primarch to take over the Imperium, is the best administrator.
>MAGNUS DID NOTHING WRONG

Thank you.

>He thinks he knows

Alpharius Omegon

>magnus did nothing wrong
He THOUGHT he wasn't. But his actions did incalculable damage to the Imperium and mankinds future.

Konrad Cruze, emo batman that actually got shit done, managed to eliminate almost all crime on a hive planet that has billions of people by himself in just a few years, it involved a lot of murder, has some slight mental issues due to it, nothing to worry about

Rogal Dorn

Sadly, this is true, still, he learns from his mistakes, and psyker wise, he has not peer whatsoever among his brothers, or even his father now.
Curze a faggot.

If I wanted to read 40k, where should I start?

And what is the style? I would guess it is very entertaining, but not as deep as stuff like Ian Banks Culture series or similar books.

He was also stronger than he should have been due to all the sketchy shit he used to get to that level. Lots of innate warp-touched stuff and "spells" from small cults, etc.

Reading the Outcast Dead and how his message totally fucked the Astropaths and many others over was awful.

However the real crime was what it did to the Emperor's webway...the true thing that would have fixed everything.

>If I wanted to read 40k, where should I start?

I would just start with the Horus Heresy novels (Horus Rising) or pick up any of the random series of books. Generally they explain things important to their book series.

Thanks.

Start with one of the short story anthologies like 'Let The Galaxy Burn', you'll get lots of varied sci fi in different styles all set in 40k. I personally would not bother with the Horus Heresy stuff until you've read a decent bit of the lore, its flavour isn't oldfag 40k at all. Also

>the Culture

Mein neger

Here take this

Vulkan is a caucasian with black skin and red eyes. He's not a nigger, you fucking retard.

Sanguinius is probably more well known to the common populace (how beloved he is/the holiday named after him where the entire Imperium mourns him) while Dorn/Rowboat are more relevant to military history/tactics.

You obviously only read the first few books, focusing on Loken. You also obviously missed all of Erebus and co.'s shenanigans. The Word Bearers, and other Legion's warrior lodges and some individuals (Like Typhus) were the cause of the Heresy and the first traitors, who led to the corruption of Horus and raised him up as their leader.

Gulilman was engineered to be a perfect son.
Vulkan was pretty pro-tier

But the best answer is Alpha Legion.
They've been plotting for 10,000 years on how they're going to fix the mess their brother created.

If it wasn't for Alpha Legion, Gabriel Angelos would have never learned about the Maladictum. The Aurelian sub-sector would have been destroyed. And who knows what the future holds for the BLOOD RAVENS.

really makes you think....

Ollanius Pius would like a word

>tfw you will never see Graviel Loken again.

>However the real crime was what it did to the Emperor's webway...the true thing that would have fixed everything.

I believe that if the retarded Russ haven`t attacked Magnus it could have been fixed or at least sealed. After all, Magnus choose Chaos after his planet has been totally destroyed by Russ, and at the very last moment. Had the Emps commanded him to get all his Legion to Terra, and sat Magnus in the throne to keep the demon away, he may have been able to close it, at least. Let`s also don`t forget that he buried a C'tan in Mars, that could have helped.
But no, Russ have to go to destroy the only legion that could have stopped the debacle. I can`t believe that they didn`t have anybody of the telepathica that could double check orders with Terra, is not like they are ordered to destroy a brother primarch every day.

Alpharius is now dead and there are strong reasons to believe Omegon became Janus

There are also theories that state Omegon is behind the Ordo Xenos, which is now 99% confirmed with the Horus Heresy Forge World books on the Alpha Legion

>"And the Last Fortress is Truth"

Omegon is inside there

I love "the use of weapons" and "Surface detail". After finishing the use of weapons I could not stop thinking about it for weeks. Incredible ending.

Banks was probably my favourite author, along with Neal Stephenson (Anathem, Snow Crash and the Diamond Age are great).

Hyperion, altered carbon, dune, a fire upon the deep, bridge trilogy/Neuromancer/Biochips/MLO are also absolute god tier. Currently reading the uplift series.

>and psyker wise, he has not peer whatsoever among his brothers, or even his father now.
Wait, are you implying that Magnus is a more powerful pysker than the Emperor? Even after daemonhood, just no.
Probably Vulkan. Just look at how the Salamanders are some of the only nice people left in 40K who can still get shit done. Sanguinius was pretty based too - whooped Bloodthirsters like crazy.

Sounds excellent.

Swallow is writing two more stories for Garro. So we have more to come.

The entire heresy is a multitude of errors. But individuals made their choices and are wrong for it.

But no, the webway was literally shattered by Magnus mindfuck. There wasn't any way to recover what happened.

The Cain novels, best commisar is best

I'm pretty certain only Garro isn't. Garviel is still a possibility. Apparently Abaddon encounters a founding member of the GK's wayyyy after the Heresy who's been in stasis or something, who he muses is one of his "erstwhile brothers" - and since Qruze got got, could be Loken (or that other guy from OUtcast Dead).

>Wait, are you implying that Magnus is a more powerful pysker than the Emperor? Even after daemonhood, just no.

Well, no in raw power maybe, but think about this, in a few centuries, Magnus did accomplish more than the Emps in millenia, he was the only primarch that has to hide his true self in a made up shape, he could surf the warp as we swim in a pool. Admitedly, he didn`t have much of experience or knowledge, but he did have a lot of potential, at the time of the heresy, now, we don`t really know.

Godtier taste Hans. If you haven't read it I recommend 'Excession', it's one of the Culture books that never gets any credit but it's my favourite by far

Robert Jewliman and THE ALL AMERICAN ULTRAMARINES.

loken is a pussy bitch no one can stand toe to toe with the greatest warrior the space marines ever produced, Abaddon

Horus was the most Alpha primarch.

He didn't want to be the Emperor's bitch for eternity.

He literally learnt all he knew from cultists from his own planet user. The Emperor didn't try to hone any of the shit he did because he wanted to limit mankinds reliance on the warp.
That was his entire purpose as the anathema.

>all these answers
>no one has chosen based Jaghatai Khan
MONGOL MARINES ON MOTORCYCLES MOTHERFUCKERS

Except Magnus had been manipulated by Tzeentch since the moment he bargained his eye to save his legion. He was lost already.

Shut up, Abbadon was a edgy kid that had luck on his side. Garviel Loken fucking survived a virus bomb, and a building falling on him. Then he survived a zombie apocalypse. Abbadon is only alive because the writers made him so lucky. Garviel Loken bitch slaped Lucius and so he will do the same with Abbadon.

reddit: the primarch

No. It's very obvious that the Emperor was more powerful than Magnus at the time of the Heresy, by a great margin. Before Molech, it would be a closer match. But whatever happened to the Emperor at Molech way back when pretty much made him a God. Magnus was likely the second most powerful psyker alive at the time (Lorgar probably out-powered him for a bit), but he was a just a talanted sorcerer derived from the Emperor's genes, while the big guy was something else entirely.

Now that he's on the Throne and being worshiped by untold trillions, he's probably even stronger. But he's spread out too far, and he's changed. Jac Draco's meeting with him shows how he's more of an "it" than a "he" now. Only the Chaos Gods are on/above his level now.

Is X the Blood Ravens Primarch?

If yes, then he's the worst.

Lorgar was turned 60 years before Horus fell. And set up the heresy the entire time.

Konrad Curze because spehss battam

Horus literally burned half the galaxy throwing a hissy fit because his daddy didn't want to hold his hand anymore.

The 11th

Read it. Really good. The 'player of games' is also amazing.

Sadly the only culture book I have left is the Hydrogen Sonata. I heard it is about a civilisation subliming. Kind of fitting to read it after Banks death, though.

The Book of the new Sun and Dancers at the End of time are also good. BotnS feels sometimes a bit long to read but the story is great. It's basically a tragic love story about a torturers apprentice and the whole world that is built in the book is breath taking.

There is one scene with 3 soldiers and the torturer. One of the soldiers is female and she decides to sleep with the guy who tells the most touching story, since they will probably all die in a new offence starting the next day. There is also a prisoner of war who takes part in that contest. And the interesting thing is, he can only communicate by citing phrases from a religious/communist scripture. So he quotes these phrases and they try to interpret his story.

After hearing every story, the main character thinks: "I learned once again, what a multi-sided thing is the telling of every tale". Overall the book is really well written ("And I remained trapped in admiration for something that I once admired, like a fly trapped in amber remains the captive of a long perished pine").

And the background is basically post-science fiction. So people are living on the ruins of a high-tech science fiction culture and salvaged objects become mysterious artifacts for them.
Kind of like the beautiful 'tales from a dying earth'.

Honey Badger don't give a shit

Loken also beat the shit out of Kharn on Istvaan.

Abaddon had fancy power weapons and terminator armor. Loken had a chainsword, and still put up a helluva fight.

Then he told Horus to fuck himself later on. Dude's the coolest loyalist IMO.