How does english sound to non native speakers im biased but it sounds pretty plain compared to other languages

how does english sound to non native speakers im biased but it sounds pretty plain compared to other languages

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8
youtube.com/watch?v=c7JOcHKMLKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It sounds like an even more bastardized version of dutch mixed with french words, according to a few French and Danish exchange students from class

youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8

Sounds a bit soft and gay due to French influence to all other speakers of Germanic languages. Especially American English is quite nasal.

the non rolled r makes english speakers sound retarded as fuck.
like seriously, that's how mentally challenged people pronounce it.

arrrrgentina
haha are you a pirate?

hahaha

Idk.

Many people in Britain are incapable of rolling an r and are amazed when they hear someone do it.

Scots?

curious what languages can roll their R?

English

British English sounds pretentious, American English sounds like a language bastardized by teenagers.

At least certain dialects youtube.com/watch?v=c7JOcHKMLKQ

Accents that have a soft r (basically the poor accents) can't do it. Scots have hard r's so they should be able to do so. Same with Welsh but northern Irish people can't even say a simple r

>American English sounds like a language bastardized by teenagers.
truer words ne'er were spoken

nobody pronounces the R the way english speakers do.
we can, we don't do it because it sounds like you have a speech impediment.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4Dfa4fOEY

that has to be the most retarded video I've seen in my life.

Rolling r's is for the third world though

this actually fucks my head what

that's more like how would English sound if you would had any kind of receptive aphasia (and be an English speaker)

That still dosen't mean anything to me? They are using actual English words that dosen't help me understand how non-Anglos think English shounds. The Chinese here say English sounds like "the snake language" because they heard a lot of "S" type hissing after words.

Have you seen samurai Jack? There's an episode where he runs into some sort of pig-monster dressed as a sheriff and speaking in unintelligeble babble. That's how English sounds to us.

Huh, I guess there a lot of s sounds in English, never noticed.