What does /pol think about The Wire?

Watched it the first time during junior high. Think it might've contributed to the "red pill".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JDpvkwBBu6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shitty overrated show

Overrated piece of shit show

i recently watched the first season after hearing about how great it is for years.

the acting is mediocre. the plot/story is nothing special. the characters are all cheesy & cliche.

i don't understand the praise. maybe it was good when it first came out but just hasn't aged well.

comfy but kinda boring

Show that is insanely shitty and overrated

Humanizes the niggers and thugs too much. They aren't that smart or introspective IRL.

How so?

As far as being a show liberals love, it portrays the different "factions" fairly accurate, and usually somehow balanced. I remember a few years later with government media shilling about trayvon martin etc I instantly thought: Guilty nigger.

>They aren't that smart or introspective IRL.

Ok w/e, what alternative social commentary can /pol provide?

Honestly, after watching it, I am generally at peace with the concept that they are inferior in most ways.

Democrat corruption.
Pointing the finger at other people.

The series imo doesn't point fingers either way. If anything it criticize democrats (as those are the ones in power). And also, the black peoples plight is portrayed as a black people problem, created by them.

really liked the show, but thought the last season was a disappointment. the whole plot with whats his name faking a serial killer was just stupid

mediocre

Good show. Season 2 sucks. Season 5 was meh. Every other season was good

Thnks, faith restored somehow

Based Frank. Honestly, Season 2 was the best, truly showing what's wrong with America. Generally liked the show.

>Humanizes the niggers and thugs too much.
I thought that aspect was pretty fair and realistic.

They are just responding to the situation. They're surrounded by lawlessness. They see people profiting from crime, and criminals having power over the people around them, and the ability to punish people who help law enforcement. Legitimate earnings aren't secure and the opportunities to make them are poor.

The problem is the leftist spin on the situation, where the cops who just want to go around rounding up all the people committing crime in the open are stupid and useless, because there will just always be more, and only going after the kingpins is worth the effort, as if new leaders won't also pop up to organize criminal activity.

The only thing that works is doing whatever's necessary to effectively enforce the law, so criminals are not seen to profit from crime or have power over the people in their neighborhood. Intensive patrols. Broken window policing. Stop and frisk. Investigation of conspicuous consumption by persons unable to show legitimate sources of income to support it. Bigger, more orderly prisons where gang activites (including association between gang members) are not tolerated, smuggling is not possible, and intimidation or assault of other prisoners is dealt with strictly in the prison and also prosecuted for longer sentences -- never let people out who can't even behave themselves under the intensive supervision of prison.

Civil liberties are for civil neighborhoods. You can't have the same protections for individual privacy in an area degenerating into gang rulership, any more than you can have due process for each enemy soldier a war. It doesn't work.

You need to keep watching it. It really picks up in the next few seasons.

The main appeal to this show is hipsters imo. But that doesn't mean it's bad. I rank the wire as better than game of thrones but worse than breaking bad

The Wire is Based

I see alot of hate here for it, but that's because so many of the tropes the show introduced have been regurgitated to death in so-called 'modern' television.

Without The Wire, y'all fuckers would still be watching "Mr Ed" and thinking it's the best thing since Shakespeare

The drug dealer side was probably one of the best examinations into capitalism you could ever watch imo. If you take your mind off the "hurr durr stupid niggers" stuff and watch how it develops.

To add to that Bodie was one of he best examples as well.

> season 1-3: start off with major company and work way up to middle management

> season 4: company goes under but still manage to keep connections from old company and branch off into shit area

> still season 4: successfully build company up due to good product and low price

> bigger more powerful company comes in and initiates hostile takeover

> left with no choice but to fall in with company because other alternatives were worse

Furthermore you could view the cops as government regulatory teams.

Watch it from that standpoint and it really is one of the best shows ever made

I watched it and it was good to me. Really shows the truth.

Gank kingpins dont worry about no one, big chiefs in police only worry about juking stats and politicians are lying sons of bitches.

In the middle you have natural police trying to do the job right and civ nigers who are cought in war between police and violent nigger thugs.

It is really good, probably my favorite show ever, especially the season 4 with the schools.

I think it is quitessentially redpilled in the sense that the director does not force his narrative about "poor little blacks" down your throat
Not being american I don't know how realistic it is but I overall loved it.

Best show ever. Absolutely loved it.

I tried watching the 1st season years ago but couldn't get into it. I expected it to be similar to the Sopranos.

>Season 2 sucks

>not liking the Sobotkas

disgusting

No chance Season 2 was the best by far and really showed the decline of the white working man in America.

>Not being american I don't know how realistic it is
Americans don't know how realistic it is either.

Predominantly white suburbs, small towns, and booming cities might as well be in a different world from predominantly black urban cores of democrat-run failed cities.

It's "truthy", and that's as much as its core viewership knows.

Hello wirefags

It's pretty accurate though crack is the main drug being sold not heroin.

Plus if you want a laugh for political reasons

> yfw Carcetti is based off democratic primary candidate Martin O'Malley

> yfw Ben Carson was the pediatric neurosurgeon mentioned

Top 3 show of all time but last season was a mistake.

Shieeeeeeeeeeeet

Pretty based. Good humor, interesting characters and multi-faction point of view was fascinating.

The niggerdom was fucking hilarious sometimes.

youtube.com/watch?v=JDpvkwBBu6U

I actually watched it like last year, reminded me of Breaking Bad, which im sure was influenced by the wire.

Shit show with shit ending. 3/10 would not watch again. Try again, faggot

> last season was a mistake.

Meh they had to end it somehow and the media was the only place they didn't cover. In the end the media plot was useless.

Ultimately it was the best way to end it. Nothing really got solved and the circle of bullshit kept going for another generation. Just like real life.

Carcetti ended up fucking the city over because he wanted to be governor.

At first I thought Season 2 sucked, but each time I re-watch the show I like it more.

Never liked Season 5.

Season 4 is amazing. Rest was ok.