Salon will no longer be leftist

Haha, first Gawker, now Salon.

So, apparently, Salon has a new CEO, who, according to the article below, wants to shift Salon away from political articles and leftist criticism:

>One person who worked with Hoffner said it's expected the politics section will be gutted after the November election.

>Hoffner, who took the helm in May after Salon’s board of directors ousted former CEO Cindy Jeffers, moved quickly to shift the tone of Salon's political coverage. According to sources, he discouraged staffers from writing about Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and the 2016 election, saying there were too many “anti-Trump” articles on the site. Hoffner has also established a partnership with Carrie Sheffield, a conservative commentator who runs the website Bold, which is described as a right-leaning news and commentary site

Source:
politico.com/media/story/2016/08/new-salon-very-different-from-the-old-salon-004705

bump

Salon, as we have known it, is done

bump

This is big news.

Fucking hell this board drops fast.

Huffpocalypse when?

Their Berniebot primary coverage was pretty atrocious

who would have guessed, nobody likes to read progressive bullshit anymore.

FREE MARKET WINS ONCE AGAIN.

Wow. They were one of the worst political sites out there. F

And they all come tumbling down.

There comes a point when even the establishment begins to be unprofitable to support.

Sup Forums WINS AGAIN

fuck
they provided quality entertainment with their delusional articles
will miss them, kind of

everything is lining up boys

The ought to be removing those paedophile supporting articles too. There's no place for that shit.

The new CEO may be a secret conservative, which would be great (I'm actually centrist or apolitical), but it looks like his motivation here is more for more advertising dollars.

Which means things might not be about Trump or Hillary or whatever, but there may still be a lot of annoying identity or cultural politics content there, since that might still get lots of clicks.

Perhaps there's a chance that identity politics articles do limit the amount of growth in clicks, though, and he'll cut down on that too.

that keef looks mighty nice

I guess Google will just have to start pushing Daily Beast as one of its more legitimate news sources.

I don't care WHY media veers towards less biased reporting, I just care that they do.

What's the point? Its entire profile was being a left-wing website. They might as well close it down.
It's like the JIDF turning into a neo-nazi organization.

Agreed, my point is that the most annoying thing on there - all the identity politics culturally commentary - might remain, if he still thinks there's a profit in it.

^^^

one more bump

F

now the question is: how much longer will buzzfeed exist?

Bump

I feel that in time, the only option for leftist writers will be laughable sites like Buzzfeed (not that Gawker and Salon weren't utterly contemptible trash)

Lol the left is completely disintegrating, from the media to rejection in brexit to shit like ghostbusters and the colony etc

Well it was always a clickbait site more than it was a liberal-progressive site.

Once marketers and CEOS see enough, in hard data, that leftism doesn't sell as much as apolitical, often 'problematic' content, they'll drop leftism like a bag of AIDS

HuffPoo and MotherJones next?

The free market fixes the problem yet again

Good move, just from a practical perspective.

The snarky, leftist polemics doesn't make for an enjoyable read for most people. It's not designed for the masses.

There is a place for that as a niche…like a Sup Forums type thing… but it's actively alienating for 85% of the population

I don't think it fixes everything - certainly not the environment - and I think it's behind a lot of the smut that passes for culture... but it certainly doesn't ultimately gratify all the whims of the identity politics left. People don't want to see movies about fat ugly feminists in action roles, for instance, and the proof is in the market data.

another bump to shed a little ray of sunshine

Onward to glory
Take everything these leftists have from them and then some.
Ad Victoria!

We can only hope.

That and Vice turns back to its centerist international reporting.

Not the shit it spews out now.

>torching the everloving shit out of that fine kief
I fucking swear.
We need to make Kos fall.

Losing Greenwald was the death knell to Salon's political coverage anyway.

>the guy who exposed Dems' corruption relentlessly

>ugly but has hot boyfriend

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah. Supposedly the poltical section will be cut out in November, so we'll see.

My hunch is that all the awful Salon writers will just double down even more on politicized thinkpieces on the feminism of Beyonce and bathrooms for all 15 + genders, but maybe this new CEO is more based than we realize.

Isn't it amazing how a free press corrects itself?

You can only push a message or agenda so far before people stop buying

Vice was so fucking good those Canadians went straight liberal propoganda once they got on HBO

>make a name for yourself as an objective report
>sell out and turn leftist

Literally why???

Salon is bad but nobody really takes them seriously. For some reason sites like Vox, dialykos, the Daily Beast and The Slate have a shitload of credibility that needs to be brought down a peg. Vox especially is personally disgusting to me