Why

why

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2016/01/11/news/economy/u-s-coins/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

literally no reason, we should stop making them (yet still accepting them) and round all prices down to the nearest nickel
didn't Australia do something similar?

And Canada and New Zealand. We need to join our Anglosphere bros in eliminating the penny.

>Round all prices down

lol

exact change

E pluribus anus

>round all prices down to the nearest nickel

i mean you know, power to the consumer and all
if they rounded up, America would collectively shit itself due to having to pay more for something (see "two percent is too much")

what are the going to do with all the pennies in circulation?

people would be a little upset if they just had a bunch of worthless coins with no way to dispose of them

i like to put pennies in socks and beat people with them

Their pennies are also worth less than ours.

like i said, still accept them, just stop making them so that people are less encouraged to use them in general
banning things makes people angry in the USA (see guns), so you have to make them think (gradually of course) that it is a bad idea to do thing so that they stop by their own will

They last forever. We could stop until the price of copper hits zero, but considering copper is at 10 year lows and pennies are getting "more expensive", what does that tell you about the value of US currency?

there are probably a billion dollars worth of bennies in circulation, even if they stop making them they'll probably still be in use for the next hundred years

only jews dare touch pennies

We need a currency equivalent to the canadian dollar

It takes more than a penny to make a penny

money.cnn.com/2016/01/11/news/economy/u-s-coins/

do americans trust in god?

This

I doubt you guys pay attention to Canadian shit but we actually got rid of pennies a few years back for this exact reason, cash transactions are rounded to the nearest nickel

Pennies are stupid and what's worse is that they cost more to make than they are worth.

Yeah, I'm just saying inflation is also a factor.

It's easier to ignore the problem and just continue on as usual, than to change the entire fucking system. That's what will happen.