University to Freshmen: Don’t Expect Safe Spaces or Trigger Warnings

>Incoming first-years received a letter from the College today making clear that the University of Chicago does not condone safe spaces or trigger warnings.

>“Our commitment to academic freedom means that we do not support so-called ‘trigger warnings,’ we do not cancel invited speakers because their topics might prove controversial, and we do not condone the creation of intellectual ‘safe spaces’ where individuals can retreat from ideas and perspectives at odds with their own,” reads the letter from Dean of Students Jay Ellison.

Is there still hope for education in the Western world, Sup Forums? Can we still hold out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7QqgNcktbSA
news.yale.edu/2015/11/03/yale-launches-five-year-50-million-initiative-increase-faculty-diversity
thecollegefix.com/post/25047/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nope, expect riots at that university soon.

youtube.com/watch?v=7QqgNcktbSA

There are a few schools that do this. I went to Purdue and President Mitch Daniels (Former Indiana Governor) is all about freedom of speech in academia.

BOILER UP

SHART

Also U Chicago is no where near the libtardness of Depaul, Columbia College or Northwestern.

This kills my soul pls no

>at times this may challenge you and even cause discomfort

are kids these days so fucking fragile that this dean even has to say that?

holy fucking shit

humanity is doomed

Fun fact: Yale kowtowed to those niggers with $50 million dollars.

news.yale.edu/2015/11/03/yale-launches-five-year-50-million-initiative-increase-faculty-diversity

If kek will it, the earth can still be saved. Bless me, Kek.

Is it any wonder? The financial losses in universities where this far left shit flies off the handle are staggering.

Yale have lost over thirty million dollars over the special little snowflakes, and there are some universities who lost over fifty percent of alumni support, and that is a lot of money. Why do you think that the lazy retar.....errr I mean revolutionaries push so hard for free colleges?

Honestly, would you go a place whre they ban the word 'man'? Pay hundreds of thousand dollars for it? ONE spiteful cunt is enough to ruin your life forever.

Mizzou saw enrollment for freshmen down by like 25% last time I checked, kek

>be me
>get masters of stats degree
>only interactions at school are with fellow math students
>one student in a class once began a sentence with "I feel..."
>everyone looked at them funny
>I never knew this pathetic uni pc culture even existed
>until last spring
>pussy liberal retards seem to never take math classes
>I can't imagine why not
>I'll let the sociologists figure that one out

Adam Corolla said something like some universities are having a hard time getting funding because they don't want to fund safe space babies.

Seems like a bit of a stretch and I don't have a source other than his show so I don't know.

thecollegefix.com/post/25047/

fuck my university.

No shit, liberalism is a mental illness, and those that bend to it suffer.
Enrollment drops, they lose money, they risk lawsuits, they risk public backlash, and the alumni who are actually worth something (non-liberals) will refuse to back the school. They gain nothing by bending over for them.

Based UofC. Historically Christian college with Christian values. Tried enrolling there but got denied, they're rigorous as fuck with their admissions. Ended up being stuck in its complete antithesis, UIC, which is a college that literally has safe spaces (as in an actual physical place in a building called a safe space where they could talk about feelings). Contemplating dropping out

I'm really sorry, my dude. Best of luck going forward. Pls don't die.

So glad to see this as an alumni.

Believe it, colleges get huge grants based on pushing the donor's agenda (and I mean corporate/Clinton Foundation type donors). China's government has given to dozens and dozens of colleges and universities with the cash dependent on presenting a positive view of China. How many multicultist/soros-type grants are waiting with strings attached?

It's all fun and games until a drunk slut gets (((raped)))

Edfag here. It's an oversimplification, but it's true.

Can you give us a less simplified version of how/why the higher education is getting fucked?