Literally given free food, shelter and work to do by the government

>Literally given free food, shelter and work to do by the government
>complains about it
Why are J*ps so whiny?
My great grandpa was sent to the Siberian gulag and literally eat rats to stay alive how pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aup02OzOS10
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_mass_killings_of_1965–1966
quora.com/How-many-people-of-Japanese-descent-died-in-internment-camps-during-World-War-2
factsanddetails.com/indonesia/History_and_Religion/sub6_1b/entry-3951.html#chapter-5
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banda_Islands#Massacre_of_the_Bandanese
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
youtube.com/watch?v=AtiK-ARzP0A
youtube.com/watch?v=UNlmIs178XY
youtube.com/watch?v=sirdV-BXzds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

didn't he turn out to be a kiddy diddler. hollywood and their hypocrisy, nothing what they say outside of movies are worth anything

My family was in a Jap camp because the Japanese are a terrible people and prefer to invade countries and torture people when they are down. Two nukes wasn't enough.

this j*p has to check his privilege.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aup02OzOS10

love how blissfully unaware of the situation he and people of like mind were about that situation. the US initially got knocked back on its feet by the Japs and wasnt really ready and was thrown into a total war scenario. Jap invasion was a real concern in the initial stages.

Why was your country occupying SEA?

>never held allegiance to Emperor Nip
>get mad when asked to say you don't have allegiance to him

Fucking nips

>The "loyalty questionnaire," as it came to be known, created anger and confusion because of two questions: one asked Japanese Americans if they were willing to volunteer for military service (despite their mistreatment by the government and the army) and the other if they would "forswear their allegiance to the Emperor of Japan" (although many had never held such allegiance in the first place). The set-up of the questions was confusing and interns were suspicious of their true purpose.

It was our duty as good Christians to bring order to this world. And our duty as capitalists to make lots of money while doing it.

It must be shit to be k*rean in US during ww2 I bet they got rounded and sent to J*p internment camps even tho korea just occupied by japan only crime is being slant eyed.

Are we really going down this path?

Is being wrongfully imprisoned now justified as being given free food, shelter and work?

I think I'm done with Sup Forums for a while, the Sup Forums overflow is giving me headaches

Should be grateful he wasn't tortured and worked to death.

But the Japanese weren't any better. The Japanese were initially thought of as liberators in Indonesia, until it turned out they were much worse colonizers.

When the Japs were kicked out it also left a power vacuum, which led to internal conflicts (and the Netherlands trying to reestablish order). And after Indonesian independence millions of people were murdered for political reasons by the new rulers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_mass_killings_of_1965–1966

Fucking this

Japs were actually well-off in the camps and got free health-care.

There was ~1,800 deaths, but they almost 100% natural deaths (Cancer, heart condition, old age, etc.)

There was actually 6,000 live births, all receiving full post-natal care.

quora.com/How-many-people-of-Japanese-descent-died-in-internment-camps-during-World-War-2

>inb4 quora

Karel, were you forgetting that Dutch rule wasn't so benevolent either? Or do I have to mention the reasons due?

Sounds not bad. would totally be interned/10.
Japanese dutch concentration death camps seems worse.

Of course. And decolonization was inevitable. Only the Japs pretending they were some kind of liberators that saved the area is silly. A gradual power transition such as in Suriname would have been more sensible.

Because the Japs simply invaded because we stopped supplying them oil and rubber.

t. chinese

really wouldnt be surprised if on average the quality of life of the person placed there actually improved at least on a material level. hell they had things like little league baseball in there

The Dutch-American oil boycott was a response to the capture and massacre of Nanking.

Surely not. Though I think we can all agree Japs were infinitely worse.

t. 1/4th Brazilian jap monkey el abominacion

>A gradual power transition such as in Suriname would have been more sensible.
Your point would have been agreeable if only Suriname wasn't a third world shithole. Or if the proposed federal state is plausible in a such humongous country with disparagingly unequal state of development.

>Why are J*ps so whiny?
No one gives a single fuck about that pedo libtard Zhang.

Suriname is run by black people though. Indonesia should have no trouble performing better than them.

Well, the Japs were and are soulless bastards, this one we can all agree.

over 50% of Suriname is Indian

>jap talking about standards in any sort of camp
lmao if a mainland invasion of japan was ever to occur the soldiers stationed at labor camps were told to immediately execute all their prisoners

funny how leafs and mutts always spout about their good treatment of japanese prisoners in their death camps like clockwork as we do about our good treatment of chinese in nanking

Go on. I know nothing about Indonesian history nor the Dutch involvement with it. It could be an interesting read.

All you dutch should be enslaved under harsh islamic rule like their ancestors did to Indonesians for 150 years.
factsanddetails.com/indonesia/History_and_Religion/sub6_1b/entry-3951.html#chapter-5

japanese colonial rule was objectively better, you filthy imperialist fag

>primary japanese colonies: korea, taiwan
>primary dutch colonies: indonesia, suriname, ghana

which former colonies are better off today?

>Indonesia–Suriname relations refers to the bilateral relations of Republic of Indonesia and Suriname. Indonesia and Suriname had a special relationship,[1] based upon shared common history as former colonies of the Dutch Empire. Large numbers of Javanese migrated to Suriname to work on plantations during the late 19th and early 20th-centuries. Indonesia has an embassy in Paramaribo also accredited to the Co-operative Republic of Guyana, while Suriname has an embassy in Jakarta. Indonesia and Suriname are members of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Forum of East Asia-Latin America Cooperation.

heh

We've been there for 400 years. But in the last 100 years we'd actually been dismantling the system. And started educating the people (to various degrees). Which is one of the reasons why a revolution was possible in the first place.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banda_Islands#Massacre_of_the_Bandanese

Only 1,000 out of 15,000 survived
40 beheaded with their heads impaled and displayed on bamboo spears

Taiwan was also a Dutch colony. Just like South Africa. New York. We also took over the UK. And brought science to Japan.

Salian Franks which came from the Netherlands also founded France.

You can google the specific about their brutality. From timid ones like forced labor and cultivation system (cultuurstelsel), to downright massacre like Bandanese genocide or Aceh war.

The worst part is that they have the audacity to feel morally superior than the rest of European colonialists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution

>be british
>get ruled by the Dutch
ayy

Taiwan and Korea benefit from being american colonies.
Taiwan and Korea were less prosper during Japanese colonial rule than shithole in Africa (to be fair, China was too).

But we actually treated you fuckers well.
Whilst you cunts had games to see who could kill the most civilians

taiwan had NOTHING when it became a japanese colony; don't take credit when it's not due.
and south africa and new york were not beneficial to natives.
also, we are talking about colonial empires, so ancient britain and france don't matter.

it doesn't add up at all when genuine american colony, the philippines, is still a massive shithole.
korea and taiwan became what it is today through the foundation, education in particular, the japanese colonial rule left, which is what the dutch failed to do.

Imagine the horror of never leaving Dutch colonial rule.
youtube.com/watch?v=AtiK-ARzP0A
youtube.com/watch?v=UNlmIs178XY

youtube.com/watch?v=sirdV-BXzds

The education part seem legit. Infrastructure were basically destroyed by Korean war.
But what bother me is that until their rapid and recent development (like, there was still famines in 1960~, 10 years after Korea war), south Korea was less developed than many colonies in Africa (as China, they were surpassed in 1920 or something).

I don't know much about Taiwan but I have hard time seeing Japan being responsible for any form of prosperity in Korea.

I guess Philippines never had enough strategical interest to justify an investment against USSR.

>Infrastructure were basically destroyed by Korean war
not really. it's not like the war magically vaporized every infrastructure japan left; certainly some got damages, but it's still far easier to repair those than building from scratch. think about railways for example - some rails and maybe some stations got destroyed, but you can fix them relatively easily just by replacing rails, as most fundamental and painstaking parts such as earthworks are rarely destroyed.

>But what bother me is that until their rapid and recent development
that's mainly because of Syngman Rhee's corruption and political upheaval as a result. korea's 'miracle' started after Park Chung-hee's takeover and achieving a rapprochement with japan in 1965. after this, Park, being a former japanese military officer, made the best of his connection with japan and got massive japanese economic aids which included a lot of technology transfers which basically covered almost every korean industry that is a thing today, ranging from steel mill and ship building, to car and electronics, as well as highway, subway and other infrastructure construction projects, including electrification of railways imperial japan left. these facts aren't told in korea today, but are said to be the "miracle on the han river"

Probably a good idea. I'll join you