Why don't all EU countries adopt the €

Other urls found in this thread:

voxeurop.eu/en/content/article/351531-you-get-unification-we-get-euro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's a stupid concept that shouldve never been invented

Because some European still love their countries and dont want germany to totally destroy their industry. Although currency is something very important for an independent sovereign nation

But it's convenient when you go from one country to another not to deal with exchange rates, tracking multiple currencies etc no?

Because idiots in some countries still want the "get out of jail free" card of being able to devalue their currencies to artificially salvage economies while fucking over small business. Also countries like poland or romania are simply not allowed to adopt the euro, because they're shit. And we've all seen what happens when you let shitty countries (greece) join the monetary union.

u r shit autistic kurwo

It's not idiotic not to want identicial monetary policies when the economies are completelty different. Euro was created to serve Germany Germany is fucking the rest over so they can fuck over the rest

>he doesn't want to be pegged by the great € cock

The most important reason for the existence of euro is to let prices across the trade bloc be instantly comparable without having to take into account the possible strength differences between currencies. This facilitates trading within the bloc. Any other bonuses like not having to exchange currencies is minor compared to it.

Again, retards hate the euro because it deprives shitty countries the chance at gaming the system through monetary policy without having to take a hard long look in the mirror and asking "why the fuck do we have to cheat?".

Giving a foreign entity control over your currency is usually not a good idea, your economy could be fucked because they big ones need other things, without a federal Europe is a nonsense, and nobody want that

We don't want to lose ever more of our sovereignty

You're that much lazy?

So they can have a weak currency. Germany was the sick man of Europe whole of 90s. When suddenly their trade surplus skyrocketed in 2002
Must be a coincidence

Euro is a german scheme to syphon off sweet juice from morons who fell for it.

Fuck off to Germany, retard

EU is the thing that the reich should have been. It must be preserved for the future of Europe. I for one welcome our German overlords.

It wouldn't have any problems if the EU federalized, don't you think?

germany is the industrial heart of europe
and they export to european countries

becuz we smart

>Devaluating your currency to attract foreign investment is something bad

Eat shit bönde

Did they become it in one day?
Why do you want the monetary policies to be dicated by Germany? It's fucking us in the ass, since Euro was inveted to serve Germany's interests, not ours.

Federalize Europe is a bad thing because you gives all your sovereignty to a common cause that isn't controlled by your country and the big countries will fuck you

Enjoy small business owners committing suicide when the value of their loans hits rock bottom, their interests skyrocket and they have to live in debt slavery for the rest of their lives.

Yes, as we can see from Sweden, oh wait. They have smaller interests rate than we do

China has been doing that since the 90s to boost their exportations, and now is the third economic power after the US and the EU

The pound sterling is the oldest currency in the world still used today plus it's generally stronger than the Euro. We had no reason to adopt it. Never mind that we're leaving the EU.

Countries is a bad thing because you gives all your sovereignty to a common cause that isn't controlled by your town and the big towns will fuck you

>Implying there are many small businesses in Spain

In Spain You have two options; either you work in the public sector or you work as a slave for a company. The bureocracy machine is so big and the economy so overtaxed and overegulated that just a small ammount of people are able to create businesses by themselves without being filthy rich.

We all know about the nomads there,

a currency being stronger doesn't make it better moron

That forecast was pretty badly off

It is when you import.

Germany was in an economic doldrum in the 90s because of the cost of absorbing the DDR.

I know, but you can see what happens in early 2000s. It was a steady growth already by then, but skyrocketed in 2002

Because we need to be careful of who we let to use Euro. Greece is a perfect example about cheating your way in into the system.

That's not how it works inside a country.

How the hell do you read these things? Are you supposed to add the numbers between January 2017 and 2018 to get the total annual growth? That seems to be too much.

It's usually quarterly. None even China or India gets 3% growth

You got the point frog.

Not that everyone knew about it and just looked through fingers because euro is sooo good for everyone and everything

The chinese economy is in no way comparable to any western country and using them as an example confirms that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The swedish economy is one of the most competitive and diverse in the world and they don't need to fuck around with their currency. Sweden adopting the euro would at worst do nothing, at best it would further boost their economy. Probably because they're so far ahead of the curve when it comes to wage bargaining and other business friendly decisions.

Meanwhile finns are strangling themselves via collective bargaining like a bunch of auto-erotic asphyxiation enthusiasts and then loudly wondering why economic growth is shaky at best. Probably because idiots like you who can't deal with the fact that competitiveness in an international market setting is more important than monetary policy.

We need a f i n a n c i a l union if we want the currency union to work properly.

Fuuuuck this picture is even more confusing. How come china has much lower growth than Finland?
>It's usually quarterly.
Yah I get that, but how do you get the annual growth from that? If you just add it up it would mean you grew 12% in 2017.

But What's the point of sharing your wealth with lazy nobodies 2000 km away?

It's not a good tone calling anyone idiots since it's no argument.
The most problematic issue is indeed the labour unions. But there's no reason why we should let our monetary policies dictated by someone else, while our economy is export driven.
>and they don't need to fuck around with their currency
But that's exactly what did in post 2009 which is their recovery was much faster than in the eurozone. There's much less bureaucracy. You sound like a more market oriented guy, rather than a leftists. Why do you want more bureaucracy?

The first graph is annual the second is quarterly you brainlet

But what's the point with sharing your wealth with lazy nobodies 10 km away?
Same thing, not an argument.

>Denmark
>pegged

LÜÜÜÜÜÜL

You are making it seem like it has only benefited Germoney. The world isn't a zero-sum game, you know. If Germoney gets richer it doesn't mean that everybody else gets poorer.

That's basically what's Euro is about. It's about serving Germany's interest since they're by far the largest economy and it dicdates the value.
Euro has so many different economies that it can't work without federalization, and that's whole another question do we want it?

Their my peers, same language, culture, habits, and my taxes are not meant to make them wealthier for free.

>Euro was created to serve Germany

As usual, Sup Forums is embarrassingly uninformed. Adoption of the Euro was a requirement for reunification, it was forced on Germany intended as a measure to contain it economically and create dependencies.

Of course it backfired spectacularly, but you can't blame Germany for that.

>GERMANY:
You get unification, we get the euro
Secret deal: "If you renounce the Deutschmark, I will support the reunification of Germany..."
Secret deal: "If you renounce the Deutschmark, I will support the reunification of Germany..."
AFP
1 October 2010 – DER SPIEGEL (HAMBURG)
Published in 9 languages
While Germans celebrated the collapse of the Berlin Wall, Helmut Kohl and Francois Mitterand were at war over the consequences of a united Germany. Secret government documents obtained by Der Spiegel appear to show that Bonn was forced to sacrifice the Deutschmark for reunification.

voxeurop.eu/en/content/article/351531-you-get-unification-we-get-euro

I want Sup Forums to leave.

The first graph still shows data for each quarter. Does it represent how much the economy grew compared to the same quarter that year? Kind of weird.

>Why do you want the monetary policies to be dicated by Germany?

Sup Forums is being retarded again. As usual.

Monetary policies are set by the ECB, not Germany.

>Germany was in an economic doldrum in the 90s because of the cost of absorbing the DDR.

I think this is how our scat fetish started. East Germany was a massive turd and we had to swallow it whole.

I'm not blaming Germany per se, if anything I'm blaming my government. Of course you do anything which serves your interests and these days Euro mostly benefits just Germany
I know and which country has the most influence? Sup Forums is no argument. I don't even go there

>same language
You have quite a few Bretons and other minority languages.
>culture
Ahmed and his wives say hello.
>habits
I think you mean customs. Those are not universal throughout France and many of them can be found in other countries too.
>my taxes are not meant to make them wealthier for free
And why would they be in a federation?

>and it dicdates the value.

Now it's really getting embarrassing, Sup Forums.

>I know and which country has the most influence?

The ECB is a politically independent body that sets its own policies. You are embarrassingly uninformed, and you're spouting Sup Forums memes.

The chairman of Germany's central bank, Jens Weidmann, has been opposing Draghi's decisions for years now, but his voice has had little pull. That should tell you enough about the weight of Germany's opinions in this matter.

You're naive if you believe if the Euro's interest rate and value isn't influenced by how Germany's economy is doing. It's not the chairman who decideds that.

>The ECB is a politically independent body that sets its own policies.
Not that it printed money when Germany got raped by financial crisis

Th Euro came too soon, there isnt enough fiscal integration within Europe to fully benefit from it, but since its already there, might as well adopt it.

Of course the economic performance of a Eurozone country will influence the value of the Euro. That's how currencies work. Sup Forums really needs to learn how to make a point that's not blatantly obvious yet painfully meaningless at the same time.

>Not that it printed money when Germany got raped by financial crisis
Germany recovered very quickly from the 2008 recession. It was a global crisis, not a national one, so I'm wondering why you would single out my country. Odd.

A fiscal union is something I peddle everywhere. It is not necessarily the magic glue but just sounds like a necessity that speaks for itself. Why the fuck do we have a monetary but not a fiscal union? That's pants on head retarded.

>there isnt enough fiscal integration within Europe to fully benefit from it

That is why I fully support Macron's plans for reforming the EU. You are very lucky to have a president like him.

>You have quite a few Bretons and other minority languages.
Local folklore, like regional cuisine. Anyone speaks French in France, even the most remote Polynesian.

>Ahmed and his wives say hello.
Implying I wouldn't kick them out at the first opportunity, precisely for cultural reasons.

>And why would they be in a federation?
So if we make a world federation you're ok to pay taxes so that Zimbabwe can live the sweet life without doing anything?

>Germany recovered very quickly from the 2008 recession.
You are literall proving that it suited only you. The rest of the gang still cannot recover. And printed money suited maily your banks especially DB. Dont worry I am not complaining. As a supplier to your industries we are benefiting from you screwing the rest of europe (but only if we dont fall for the scheme)

I agree, the German obsession with expansion was a bit of a mistake.

€ is adapted to countries like Germany and France. Adopt it without the buying power required and the prices will raise and you'll end like Greece.

The Euro was created to make Germany great. Thanks to the Euro we are finally not third world anymore.

>but since its already there, might as well adopt it.
Since the flu is already there, might as well adopt it... You're not supposed to give up to everything just because "it's there", you know.

>You are literall proving that it suited only you.
Nope. That is not how logic works. If you want to present a sound argument, try formulating correct premises that you can derive a correct conclusion from.

>he rest of the gang still cannot recover
Maybe they should try not being corrupt, lazy shitholes that funnel billions of Euros into private pockets while evading taxed left and right and completely neglecting their industries.

Somehow it's always the laziest shitholes screaming and bitching the loudest while at the same time failing to pass reforms.

In actuality though the eastern euro countries were a great place to dump western goods allowing us to keep an industrial base which in hindsight is very important. The benefits of the eastern yuros have decisively outweighed the negatives.

because several governments having just one central bank creates huge problems

What are we giving up with the Euro ?

>In actuality though the eastern euro countries were a great place to dump western goods allowing us to keep an industrial base which in hindsight is very important.

Uhm, yes, I don't know why everyone always presents this as a bad thing. It's an expression of successful trade. EU funds are used to develop markets, trade ensues, everyone's happy. That is the whole point of it.

The possibility to decide singlehandly over your currency.
All changes now have to be done with the entire Eurpzone.

>Why don't all EU countries adopt the €
lmao

I'm just saying that they more than pay back what they take.

But thats a thing that should bother smaller economies, we have a high decisionnal power.

>I'm just saying that they more than pay back what they take.

It's literally a win/win situation, then. I don't begrudge the 140 billion Euros that Poland will have received until 2020. It's money well spent that develops markets and thus enables and facilitates trade, raises living standards, and generally boosts the EU economy.

I'm at a loss to see what either side is bitching about. I want EU haters to move to Somalia.

>everyone's happy
Till deficits and labor and braindrain are usustainable, then everybody gets unhappy.

I still think German GDP would have been 20% higher now without Euro.
Well the ones profiting the most of it are also the ones crying the most like Spen and Greks.

You're free to leave.

>Till deficits and labor and braindrain are usustainable

The problem of some regions benefiting more from free mobility within the EU than others can and should be addressed, as Macron suggested, by introducing a transfer union.

I am in favor of it.

>You're free to leave.
I'm just an ordinary Person.
I am not Germany.

Go be a retared somewhere else.

Our gov will force its shit through no matter what anyone thinks.

>I still think German GDP would have been 20% higher now without Euro.

Source?

eu is scum

No Ireland you can't get away with insane tax breaks for Apple and co.

Sorry but not really. The you're free to leave talking point was flaunted at any possible chance in front of us during tha so called negotiations.
So
YOU'RE FREE TO LEAVE
cut your whinning and get fucked, leave

>transfer union
Yeah sure, It's just around the corner.

Glad to hear.

>Source?
Do your own math. Nothing would have prevented the German currency from gaining massive worth since it would have been the single currency dominating entire Europes Economy.

No source then?

Got it.

Double the irony, i like you

we can actually

I unironically love Greece.