This show would be better if it could go one episode without killing somebody...

This show would be better if it could go one episode without killing somebody. Some of the deaths (like the random waiter or that old lady) were completely gratuitous and you can tell they were clearly added at the last moment simply to keep brainlets engaged.

In many ways the single thing that kept this series from being true kino was its own violence-obsessed Amerishart audience.

lol dicks

What a waste of digits. Actually watch the entire series, faggot or go back to Charmed.

>beat a waiter to death in a parking lot where security cameras are almost certainly rolling

"damn this show is so gritty. This is just what life in New Jersey is like"

>saying a show has a murder every episode
>can only name less than 5 examples

>watched the show

Name one episode without a death scene. I'll wait.

The coma episodes for one. The Vegas trip, White Caps, Army of One. I'm not gonna type all this out to prove you wrong on a monglian basket weaving community chat room.

Five episodes out of 80. Wow, turns out American audiences are intelligent after all.

this show is overrated as fuck on here. There have been some truly terrible boring parts of the show such as the first half of season 6 and most of Seasons 4 and 2. The Wire is genuinely a far better show and GoT is more interesting to watch.

>I can't read: The post

I just said I'm not going to name them all you fucking bucket of sweaty filth.

This.

unironically agree with this

reddit

>GoT is more interesting to watch

This is absolutely right, funny how no-one on Sup Forums has an intelligent rebuttal to this

THISISBAITSON.exe*

Sopranos has a lot of boring stuff indeed. You can skip all of AJ and Meadows plotlines and not miss out on anything. They also overtell certain plots by showing us the event, having tony dream of it and then telling the exact same thing to Melfie. We get it. Also certain episodes are just worthless. Like the one where the FBI breaks into the Soprano home or when Silvio goes all nationalist. Not every aspect of a persons life makes good tv. When the show does hit its pretty much the best tv has to offer though. The writing and natural flow of the characters are so genuine and yet surprising I could watch certain scenes time and time again, like chrissy's intervention. The wire is great too but sometimes it tends to put its political message over the characters which can feel artificial at times, like how all the kids become exactly the same as our season 1 protagonists. Got is tits and dragons since season 1

cuck

You're not completely wrong, but Sopranos is still one of the greatest shows ever made and you're a pleb.

do you skip scenes in a film you don't like as well? what about songs, there must be parts of songs you don't like and skip to get to the "good parts"? the sopranos was meticulously paced and each sequence and character affected the overall arc and themes of the show. if you can't appreciate characters in a completely character driven show, then what are you looking for in terms of quality? also im kind of baffled you would tell someone to skip parts of a show simply because you didn't like them.

since this thread is complaining about the deaths in sopranos, lets rate each other's favourite death. pic related is mine.

>watch game of rëddit
>ever

>yeah right, it was Mr. Magoo

meadowlands, season 1, episode 4
>jackie aprile senior's death happens off screen and is attributed to stomach cancer, not murder.
down neck, season 1, episode 7
The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti, season 1, episode 8
boca, season 1, episode 9
do not resuscitate, season 2, episode 2
>director green grove his presumed murdered but never shown on screen
>reverend herman james sr. dies of natural causes, not murdered
toodle-fucking-oo, season 2, episode 3
big girls don't cry, season 2, episode 5
the happy wanderer, season 2, episode 6
>tom giglione sr. dies falling off a roof; this is never shown
d-girl, season 2, episode 7
bust out, season 2, episode 10
house arrest, season 2, episode 11
Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood, season 3, episode 1
Proshai, Livushka, season 3, episode 2
>livia dies offscreen from a stroke
fortunate son, season 3, episode 3
employee of the month, season 3, episode 4
second opinion, season 3, episode 7
the telltale moozadell, season 3, episode 9
to save us all from satan's power, season 3, episode 10
pine barrens, season 3, episode 11
>valery's fate is unknown but presumed dead
no show, season 4, episode 2
christopher, season 4, episode 3
>karen dies in a car accident but this is shown off screen; not murder.
the weight, season 4, episode 4
pie-o-my, season 4, episode 5
watching too much television, season 4, episode 7
mergers and acquisitions, season 4, episode 8
>furio's father dies of cancer off screen.
the strong, silent type, season 4, episode 10
>chris sat on cosette in this episode but i dont think this is what you mean by death scenes
calling all cars, season 4, episode 11
where's johnny?, season 5, episode 3
irregular around the margins, season 5, episode 5
sentimental education, season 5, episode 6
in camelot, season 5, episode 7
>5 deaths occur in this episode but none were murders and all happened off screen
unidentified black males, season 5, episode 9
cold cuts, season 5, episode 10
join the club, season 6, episode 2

the fleshy part of the thigh, season 6, episode 4
Mr. & Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request, season 6, episode 5
live free or die, season 6, episode 6
johnny cakes, season 6, episode 8
the ride, season 6, episode 9
kaisha, season 6, episode 12
the second coming, season 6, episode 19

41 episodes which don't include death scenes out of 86 total episodes and you think every episode shows a death in someway? this is 2 episodes away from being 50% of the entire show.

go take a midol

Films take 2 hours, songs take 3 minutes. Sopranos is a show consisting of numerous episodes, characters and plots, and not all of them are connected or lead to something "bigger". Silvio trying to prevent some indian parade doesnt lead up to anything and you dont miss out on much if you skip it. This isnt like an orchestra where you ruin the whole thing by removing an instrument, its a bunch of stories of fictional peoples lives by different writers. If you enjoy a musician, do you always listen through their entire records? No, you pick songs you like, because they differ in quality. Sopranos is similar to me. I enjoy certain plots and characters and dont like others, so I skip them. It doesnt hurt, since Sopranos is more losely narrated than most other shows, which is kind of what I like about it. Things dont always go somewhere in real life neither, sometimes things just happen