Give me three reasons why gold is actually worth a shit in any way over paper currency

give me three reasons why gold is actually worth a shit in any way over paper currency

>no weight
>easily replaced and even destroyed
>easily made

fuck off, if you have a hegemony of force and can point a gun to someone's head and tell them to use a piece of paper, it's got far more value than gold.

Do you value your life, or a shiny rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qwzvh9At67U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bro, do you have any concept of how useful gold actually is?

it can be used in a myriad of electronics. also, its non corrosive so it can be used as teeth fillings.

those are the only things i know of the top of my head.

This, gold is one of the best conductors. Paper is not.

Because of the sheer scarce amount of it. All of the gold ever mind in the history of mankind can fit into two olympic size pools.

Same with diamonds. That said, there is a planet who is so carbon saturated that 1/3 of it is an actual diamond.

Now imagine if we would bring just a couple of spaceships filled with it back to Earth. Its value would be zero due to the over supply of the market.

what if I created a nation in which I pointed a gun at you and told you to use paper money? what's the paper money worth now?

Gold is very unreactive and can stay inert for extended periods of time

Diamonds aren't rare. If they were, they wouldn't be used in fucking handfuls as blood money in African shitholes.

There is a literal "conspiracy" around diamonds that is easy to legitimately research. It's engineered rarity. If you ever buy someone a ring, don't fall for the diamond meme.

Nigger, diamonds are artificially kept valuable. There's more of that shit than we could ever find a use for.

The idea that diamonds are more valuable than any other shiny rock comes from (((them))).

Because the Rothschilds and George Soros are planning on selling short the US dollar to collapse it if Trump wins.

Gold is a very convenient store of value because it is compact, uniform, does not degrade and is (relatively) easy to ascertain the purity of.

Diamonds are a shit store of value because it is largely determined by aesthetic and even emotional factors, such as whether it's a blood or a synthetic diamond, rather than its chemical composition.

Well obviously I'd pay my taxes with your paper money, but it's going to be pretty useless for international trade.

> you can't produce gold just by clicking a button

Whoever controls the ability to kill me makes whatever they want to use more valuable than gold, end of the day, is it not correct?

It is correct. That is why gold is the free man's currency.

Only when trading with that person. In fact, if that person makes it illegal to trade in gold, gold will probably become yet more valuable.

You can't print gold.

why do you think your single opinion or the opinions of the hegemony on force somehow matters in the market?

they don't. every single opinion is counted altogether at once in the market

no one needs to convince you or the hegemony that gold has value, you need to convince all the other market actors, it doesn't

when has the black market, not existed?

Gold is actually a worse conductor than copper. The good thing is that it doesn't oxidise.

how am I supposed to trade if my overlords fucking killed me for not using a taxable method of value exchange?

Gold is useful in jewelry and other decoration, electronics (especially contacts and fine wires that can't have any corrosion), infrared mirrors and thermal insulation, transparent heating elements (used for aircraft window de-icers), dental fillings, and various other things making use of its extreme conductivity, reflectance, corrosion resistance, malleability, ductility, and ease of working in general. Gold nanoparticles are also common in nanotechnology applications.

Gold is #3, copper is #2, and silver is #1. They are all used in applications suited for their different properties.

>it's got far more value than gold.

If someone has to force you at gunpoint to use paper instead of gold, then it is the threat of violence and the gold that have value.

>value (1)
>noun
>the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something

If the paper money had value, you wouldnt have to be forced to use it.

I like having my life, so I'm going to use the paper money.

it's worth 0
cus it's just paper

only facts here

So if you get mugged and you turn all the shit over, you win?

if you don't use the paper money, you die. How much is it worth now?

About 50 pieces of A4 paper, a printer and green ink

Maybe I'm saying this wrong. Gold is backed up by it's utilitarian use-- currency is worth whatever the issuant can carry out.

The USD is worth what it is because we have the ability to practically erase any nation on this earth.

There is rumor that China wants to introduce a gold backed currency.

What does this mean exactly?

Also I know the US Dollar is pretty strong mainly coz of petroleum, hence the reason we keep fighting wars in the middle east. I feel that it's too vulnerable and inefficient. I know that ((((powers that be)))) want to keep it that way but what the fuck would it take to introduce our own gold backed currency?

Pure gold has zero reactivity, which is why gold leaf is consumed in foods.

Diamonds are as common as silver/gold, Da beers holds a monopoly on diamond exportation and they only sell slivers at a time to keep the price up.

Is this Steven?

>The USD is worth what it is because we have the ability to practically erase any nation on this earth.
The USD is worth what it is because the USA has a huge and stable economy to spend it in, with a government that uses monetary policy to keep its value predictable.

nah senpai, but this Steven dude has got it right.

right, and how to do you legitimize any sort of policy or law or edict?

The value of a commodity or currency is the price at which it is exchanged. You are assuming that your own personal appraisal trumps that of the masses that constitute the market.

I'm pretty sure most people enjoy being alive.

Shart mart economy

It is still worth nothing. Paper money are always only government chits, which the government can repudiate at any second, making them instantly worthless. Gold is real money, which you can own, like governments and kings do.

Lethal force is not a determinant of value for a freely traded currency such as your own.

By all means, it is.

>I don't understand basic economics: the post

Such risks are already priced in by the market in determining the value of holding a currency.

I don't understand why it's so difficult for you memesters.

If I have something I know is worthless, the only impetus I could ever have people use it under is tying the use of it to their life.

I'm yet to get a retort that refutes this. All it's been is "muh currency of free men" and utilitarian value argument.

Seriously, if you have someone with the ability to kill you tell you, "Use paper money. No gold." are you going to value gold in the context of exchange as you would paper money? Do you like your life?

This is dumbasses who put their life savings into gold commodity stocks level coping.

Scarcity determines value and the supply/demand of products and goods.

Gold is scarce compared to available carbon to print money. If the jewish overlords deem gold to be valued, then we get over it and accept or die.

I always thought gold standard was overrated - a silver standard would be better given availability in comparison and the shapes and applications of silver compared to gold as an industrial catalyst and even in custom shades, yadda yadda.

Precious metals are precious for a reason. I will eventually die and become the decomposed carbon source for plants to use and eventually become paper material used to snort up a line of coke.

I have several short positions in the currency market. Have not received death threats thus far.

attempt to carry out interstate commerce in the US in gold, please.

Gold is the best
for production, for example watches.
Paper Money don't worth shit.

You are an idiot. You are describing a prison economy where the prisoners are forced to use prison scrip, or die, with reality or the free market where only gold is money. If you escape the prison, your prison scrip is worthless the instant you exit the prison gates. Gold?

And you've got a magical ability to leave the economic influence of the US? Hand it over, I'll pay you in gold, in fact.

Why would I do that when I can speculate in the value of any freely traded currency or precious metal by placing some money into a broker's account.

Dealing with the physical product is an exercise in deliberately making things harder for yourself.

One day the US empire will crash and burn into the dust like all others since the says of tut. Gold outlasts them all, because gold is real money. Your posts are just declarations that you are scared of the warden in your prison economy

I think you're sidestepping my point. Value, on a scale in which one would apply it to currency, is dependent on the issuant's ability to enforce and exact a value upon it. Gold is a meme as long as you have nations who don't use it as any sort of real value. Multiple economic factors come together in the valuation of a currency, like: said.

Aside-- lets make this short. Might makes right before anything is even said. Gold is worth shit if you have a gun pointed to your head. Hegemony of force is what creates intrinsic value on something, outside of biological need (which one could argue self-preservation is a biological need)

And someone else will come around with a big stick and threaten to beat me with it.

It's value (currency paper or gold) of course, is also determined with what you can get with it.

And would you be surprised other actors resigned to using whatever scraps of paper are in circulation now because they're afraid-- like me-- of the gun pointed at them, which in turn, inadvertently legitimizes the currency further.

The value of a currency or metal is the price at which it is exchanged in a free market. Changes in value are ultimately and primarily a result of collective buying/selling to reflect the crowd perception.

I have guns too senpai. Hopefully you will outgrow your trembling fear when you reach 11 or 12.

refer to:

You fight for that freedumb-- G.I Koresh.

youtu.be/qwzvh9At67U
Don't say you haven't been warned.

Gold is money.
Paper money, is virtual Money or pretend money.

When wars end, the losers paper money is tossed in the gutter, worthless. Gold is indifferent to wars and empires collapsing. Because gold is real money, a gift worthy of Jesus himself.

That's right goyim, you don't need gold! just use paper money!

intrinsic value of gold arguments go straight to the trash. Whatever/post-apocalyptic raiders can shoot you in the face instead of paying for your water in gold. Hegemony of force is the primany means in which to legitimize and value a currency.

Same retarded talking points over and over. If paper money was worth a damn, the government wouldn't have to point guns at people, and force them to use it. While stealing their gold (1933)

Nothing is worth a fuck. Hegemony of force legitimizes the use of currency for commodity. Gold is worth dick just as much as paper money in context of valuing a currency.

You know. You can very easily offset your perceived risk of holding your own currency instead of gold by selling said currency short and being long of gold at an exchange.

If you have not already done this then you are sadly preaching empty words without practice.

Number of times paper currencies have collapsed and littered the streets through history--- uncountable, in the thousands.

Number of times gold or silver have collapsed. "um, yeah ZERO"

But good luck with paper currency you shill, they're about to ban it anyway (repudiate it, again) and go full digital

both are ultimately worthless and only acquire worth in the minds of humans.

It's not like gold is a particularly useful resource.
But then nobody ever talks about hording barrels of oil at their homes in case of an apocalyptic breakdown of society so they can use that valuable resource for trade.
(although it's actually much more sensible.)

best currencies in such a scenario would be food water and weapons.
Gold is completely worthless

and another currency legitimized by a state or organization with the ability to maintain it's consistent use pops right back in it's place-- nature abhors them vaccums.

See, this dude has it. He has commodities which give ability for actors to exert force. Weapons, food and water. You're on it senpai.

>One day the US empire will crash and burn
and the entire world will crash & burn with it. When Greece took a shit the world economy fell with it. When Brexit happened the world economy fell. You can't remove a global power like the US and expect the rest not to be pulled down with it.

I wish there was a happening, so I could watch retards like you starve, and laugh at you. (Zimbabwe 2009)

he'd shoot you in the face, take your gold, skip it across the lake on his property that you trespassed on and would enjoy a meal.

seriously gold is worth fuck all.

Waiting for your reply Mr OP.

I can't really beg to answer at this point because you've neglected to refute/address my point about anything I've brought up. All you've done is explained the dynamics of commodity and currency trading, which isn't what I'm discussing at all.

Unless it's some sort of tangent which comes to center if we discuss it further, but as of now, I'm not seeing it. Seriously. Refute my point about hegemony of power being the means in which a currency is established and valued in context as a mechanism and means for trade and exchange.

Listen idiot.

You are ranting about being threatened with lethal force to hold and transact in your home currency which you feel is unfair to you when you would rather hold and deal in gold. I have given you the bulletproof solution to hedging your perceived risk by selling your currency against gold, assuming you truly believe what you are espousing. A 'thank you' would be nice.

I'm not ranting against the use of currency. In fact, I think gold is a worthless means of valuing things. Read Simulation and Simulacra by Jean Baudrillard.

I have no problem working under the lethal force that exists in my country. I have posed the issue to the anti-paper currency retards in regards to gold being just as "fiat" as paper, if there is no means of legitimizing it.

I suggest studying English further, as you didn't seem to glean that from my posts, you imbecile.

Also, lick my ass, I'm not thanking you for shit. I make 18% gains daily when daytrading. Currency trading is literally a meme and you're either a fucking liar or you've got an army of computers running through spreads the size of a fly's dick. I literally have no care for what you say.

You must truly be an idiot if you haven't cornered the world's money supply by now with that kind of gains.